NOPE!

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

JIYONG

“URGH!”

“Hmmmnnn…”

“Urgh!”

What is going on? Is my wife possessed or what?

A few minutes ago, she was sleeping peacefully while hugging a pillow and now, here she is, moving like crazy beside me as if somebody’s touching her, her chest heaving. What’s more bothersome is, she’s , the kind of sound she makes when we’re making love. She is dreaming, I can’t be mistaken, but it seems to be an intense kind of dream.

“Hmmnnn”

She’s starting again. Fully awake already, I sat up and faced her. She’s not moving that much anymore, just her hips this time. Her tight grab on the duvet makes her knuckles lose color. Also, she’s biting her lips ily. From the way she looks, I can tell that she’s enjoying whatever it is she’s seeing unconsciously which is so weird because never, in our years together, have I seen her this way.

“Babe” I shake her shoulder lightly “Babe” I continue calling but she’s not even opening her eyes.

“Urgh!” she starts trembling while holding on to her pillow. “Ma…..” the word drifted off unfinished, intriguing me.

Not that I’m innocent for I was not born yesterday. Of course, I know what’s going on. Clara just had a dream which is normal for even I, have them from time to time. Thing is, hers seem to be so extreme that it lasted long.

“Seriously babe” I pull up the duvet, covering her nicely again. “This is so new of you” I talk to myself. “But…I must say…it is …too bad I don’t have the energy for it and obviously…” I bend forward and kiss her forehead. “You’re knocked out…I just hope that it’s me you’re having a good time with in your dream because if not…I’ll definitely go ballistic”

Talking to her as if she’s listening and can react is typical of me for I always do it whenever I go home late and wanted to share something to her. Actually, I prefer talking to her about my worries and troubles when she’s asleep because I really don’t want her to know about it for it’ll burden her. I just want to voice it out to lessen my load.

And because it’s still too early to get up, I lay back and forced myself to sleep again. But, just after I close my eyes, I felt Clara sit up and hopped out of bed. Maybe she gained consciousness after her blissful dream experience. I’ll just let her be for now and just ask her about it later.

I woke up before my alarm even rings. As I stretch my stiff body, I felt my wife’s side empty, making me look at the clock that reads seven in the morning already. Maybe she’s getting ready for work.

“Babe!” I call out while slipping a sweater on. “Babe!” I call again.

She’s not in the kitchen.                                                                  

“Dad!” Gabby nearly gave me a heart attack when she stepped out of their room.    

“Aigoo” I say with a hand on my chest.

She giggles. “Dad…did I give you a fright?”

I roll my eyes. “What do you think baby girl?”

“I did” she replies and wraps her arms around me. “Good Morning!”

Women. They are so hard to read. One day they’re ignoring you as if you’re a ghost then today they’re so sweet and lovely.

“Is your Mum inside?” I ask.

“She’s not Dad”

Where can that woman be? As far as I can remember, she told me that she’ll leave a little late for work today because her meetings will start late afternoon. She even volunteered to drive the kids to school because I can’t do it and Isabella have to leave early as well.

Finally, after waiting for I don’t know how long, she arrived, wearing sweats and a jacket. I wonder where she went.

Turns out, she’s at Youngbae and Daryl’s house. According to her, they finished a presentation which rarely happens because the girls don’t do work in the morning, for they finish everything up at night no matter how late it is already.

I left her in the living room flabbergasted. Her face suddenly turned tomato red upon hearing the word “Dream”, intriguing me more.

“Hey!” as usual, Youngbae is the first to arrive at the studio.

I pull out a swivel chair a

Please log in to read the full chapter