NEWS FLASH.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

The most beautiful moments in life are often the things we cannot touch or see.

The past few days has been fun and full of love. I am slowly being stripped off from my insecurities and my worries of what my future will be without memories. The fears that continue to haunt me are fading away. I am going with the flow without questioning myself if what I’m doing is right. I am in a place where I love being me even when I lack so much.

It’s the wee hours of the night and my husband hasn’t called me yet. I was expecting him to at least call or plainly message me that they landed safely (this I know because the boys’ arrival in Japan is in every gossip and their fan sites). I asked the girls if their husbands have contacted them already and just like mine, theirs haven’t as well.

Sleep doesn’t want to come to me yet. I’ve been in bed since ten and I’m still wide awake at 2AM. I already watched two movies, one I love, the other, I most likely won’t recommend and watch again, but it was a good watch to waste time.

As I force myself to dreamland, my phone finally made a sound. I giddily reached for it on my bedside table.

“Hey!” And there he is, my man, my husband, my love. His tired eyes are what greeted me first which made my heart sink, but his bright smile made up for it. “What’s up?” I walked to the bathroom to check myself in the mirror. My hair is in a messy bun. My face bare, with three pimple patches on it. He’s used to seeing all these, why all of a sudden, I bothered checking how I look?

Silence on his end. He’s just staring at me with a bright smile plastered on his face. “I love you” he randomly said, instantly making me blush.

Oh, how I love random love confessions. They’re so good to hear.

“I love you too, babe” I replied, still feeling a bit awkward calling him by our pet-name.

He giggled like a school girl, “I’m finally promoted to husband, huh? I’m no GD or G-dragon anymore”

I laughed, “Yeah”

Ten minutes in and we’re just talking about random things, like, the newly opened restaurant he saw on their way to their hotel that has a very interesting theme and menu, he said our family will surely love to eat at, and the painting he and TOP checked out at a gallery when they were given a few hours to themselves.

While he was telling a story about the said painting, the thought of maybe he hasn’t read my letter, hits me. I mean, if he has read it, I’m sure he’s already talking about it by now. Oh well, maybe he’s too busy to check on his letters.

“So…how was your trip back to Seoul?” he asked, after his story.

I looked at him in confusion. How did he know that I was out of the city? Did one of the girls tell their husbands about our sudden trip and that husband told mine about it?

He chuckled, “I know you’re at the airport, babe” he grinned, while I’m still figuring out how he knew.

I sighed, “Seriously? After all the hiding, I really thought I executed my plan very well” I’m pissed and it’s because I’ve just proven what my daughters and even the girls said, that I’m no good in giving surprises when Jiyong can pull off anything.

He laughed, “Babe…it’s all good. You did well. I was surprised”

I hissed, “Yeah, right!” I said, sarcastically. I am sulking. It’s childish of me, but I am truly disappointed at myself, because I was so confident that things actually went the way I wanted it to be.

“How to hug you via video call?” he asked cutely. His voice is soft and sweet. "You look so upset, my poor heart cannot take it" he pouted and made this Puss in Boots kind of eyes that made me smile.

“If it wasn’t for Seungri I wouldn’t notice Daryl, who looks like a secret agent, by the way” he laughed and I did too. “Then we saw Railey not too far from her. I thought I’m going to see you next…but for some reason…I didn’t”

“Then how did you know I was there?” I curiously asked.

He handsomely brushed his fingers through his hair, “Aside from the obvious that where the girls are, you’re most probably there with them, I felt your presence. As unbelievable and borderline crazy as it sounds, but I just know whenever you’re around. There’s this sudden connection I feel”

How good is he with words? No wonder his written songs are all hits.

No, seriously, how can he make everything sound so good?

“I shouted your name” I told him.

He nodded, “I know. I heard you clearly. That’s why I slowed down even more, that stressed out our security personnel because the slower I walk, the harder it is for them to shield me from people. I apologized to them, don’t worry”

“So…my letter” I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling. “Have you read it?”

He placed his phone on the table, all I can see is the chandelier on the ceiling, after a minute, he picked it up and waved the glittered envelope at the camera. The sight of it in his hand is enough to make me feel tingly inside.

“You stir sunshine into my soul” he recited a phrase I wrote, and I almost squealed because my heart is beating so damn hard. I feel like a teenager whose crush has finally noticed her.

I don’t know whether to laugh or hang up because I feel shy. I poured every feeling I have for him in that letter, and from the way he looks, he seems happy to know about them.

“Backstory…” I tried extinguishing my shyness with a story, “I have this bucket list that I made years ago. I think around two thousand eight. One of the things I want to do is to write a fan letter to you and give it personally if ever I get a chance. I actually made one when you and the boys went to New York, unfortunately, I wasn’t able to make it at the airport on time…so I just crumpled the letter and threw it” I pouted and he laughed. “I felt bad not saying goodbye to you yesterday…so I thought of doing something to make up for it…and my bucket list came to mind, and the rest…as they say…is history”

Jiyong is just staring at me (ONCE AGAIN). As a matter of fact, he looked like a still photo on screen. I tried reading his mind just by staring back at him, but I can’t. I want to know how he does it with me. He makes it look so easy.

“Hey!” I waved my hand. He flinches. “Are your alien friends done talking to you now? Can you tell them your wife is on the other line, so they have

Please log in to read the full chapter