APPRECIATING DADS.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONs

Fun for me is having my whole family and our extended family enjoying altogether. All of us are having a blast in our sudden Family Day. I can't actually remember the last time we did this, for it's been so long, but I cannot be happier because at last, after a long time, we're having good laughs and warm talks. Jiyong and I even have forgotten about Danny’s issues, enough to make me enjoy this day to its max.

"I love this" Railey who just made Hyun Suk, her youngest child sleep, plop herself on the single couch in front of me.

"No ...we should do this more often" Daryl says, earning nods of agreement from us.

"Actually sisters" Railey reaches out for the bowl of chips on the front table "You're the ones who can't even spare a whole day"

If only we can just be like Railey who decided to retire whole-heartedly, every single day will be is family day. But crazy and I can't even imagine ourselves not going to work. To be very honest, there are times wherein I feel like quitting already, all because stress eats me up, raw, but at the end of the day, especially when something good happens, I'll leisurely sit on my work chair, grab a pen and a draft folder, and work again.

"Is it me...or your girls are growing more beautiful than ever?" Daryl is looking at Isabella, Gabby, and Dk who are playing with the kids on the floor together with Tabitha. "Tabitha is really beautiful as well...she's already channeling Tabi more than you sis" she continues, pointing at Railey.

"They're growing up way too fast" Railey says with sadness in her voice.

I sigh heavily "I guess that's how things really are...it just coz while they grow...the more we want them to stay as kids...it's actually frustrating whenever I think of Isabella on her twenties now"

Daryl chuckles "Our baby girl" she says with a sweet smile on her face "Twenty years ago...she's just a little kid who is fan girling over Big Bang without knowing that one of the handsome-alien-talking dudes is her Dad...now...here she is...living life to the fullest with her dreams on the palm of her hand"

"She's been through a lot" Railey looks at Isabella and smiles "She have to keep up to her parents who are so problem-filled...she matured earlier than most kids her age just to be able to understand what's going on around her"

"I will never forget the time when you and Jiyong are divorced...I really want you guys to patch things up to the point that all I can think of is how to get you back together even when I have my own wedding to think about...I swore to myself that I will do everything...not for you and Jiyong...but for Isabella and Gabby...good thing God heard my prayers and Seunghyun is so supportive...we were able to plan our wedding and had a good one...and bring you and Jiyong together again"

It's my first time hearing this. All I know is that they all planned to at least make me and Jiyong talk, for we really haven't talked ever since our marriage were voided. What I didn't know is that, there's a deeper reason to all of it. How can I thank Railey and the whole gang for this?

"This is making me really emotional" Railey fans herself with her hand as if the wind it’s producing can hold back her tears.

I hug her tightly and wipe the tears that rolled down my cheeks when I pull out "Thank you so much Sis"

Daryl almost threw herself just to hug us "You old hags!" she teases, making us laugh.

"Aigoo...they're being dramatic again" Tabitha says. We look her way and saw our children, looking at us with curiosity on their faces.

"They need to stop watching TV dramas" Karielle says, bringing loud laughter in the living room.

One reason why I'm still standing tall is because I really have a good support group who brings me back on track whenever I lose it already. We can say that our fate is almost the same (mine is just a bit intense). Not even in our wildest dreams have we seen ourselves living the life we're living today. Good thing, we stick together. Our promise of staying with each other till our butts flop and s sag is forever or maybe even beyond forever.

Time passes with all of us having a good time. Our children are divided according to their ages. My big girls and Tabitha are at the pool area, their feet dipped in water while chatting and giggling non-stop (they're probably talking about boys). The boys, except for Yuan and the little ones, are playing video games in the playroom (we can hear them shouting in every loss and celebrating in every win). Karielle and Yuan on the other hand, are watching their favorite TV series (the one with zombies, I can't remember it's title), and the little kids are running around like dogs on the loose, shrieking and squealing. Our husbands, well, they are at the backyard, drinking coffee, while us, wives, are in the kitchen, figuring out what to cook for dinner.

"We can just go out and eat you know" Daryl who cooks, but is so lazy, says.

Railey smirk "Sis...why do we have to go out when hot ' pantry and fridge are loaded with food that can feed the whole of Seoul already?"

I laugh "Dinner's all in your hands...you know so well that the only food I can whip up is pancake"

They look at me and roll their eyes "You and cooking are real enemies...you out on it and it es on you too...big time" Daryl says, making me laugh hard.

Should I go to cooking class again? What do you know, maybe this time, something good will happen?

"Mum" Isabella calls

"We're here in the kitchen!"

An hour have passed and we're still cooking. We agreed to do a complicated menu (this is us, showing off to our husbands), with me doing nothing but dicing, slicing and peeling the ingredients.

"We're hungry already" Gabby says upon entering the kitchen.

The big girls are here!

"You wanna eat some cookies first?" I ask and bring out a box of cookies from the pantry.

The girls pulled out chairs and munch on the cookies "This feels like we're brought to when we were little again" Gabby says.

DK nods "So true Unnie...I remember watching the Mums cooking" she looks at me and sighs "Well...except for our Mum...coz all she does is prepare the ingredients" she continues, cracking all of us in laughter.

Guilty. I will not protest on that at all. What do I have to do? Cooking and I are really not meant to be. But hey, I slice and dice well, that’s enough to say that I’ve done something, right?

“We’re not gonna be done any time soon” Railey turns to us who are sitting and watching her do her thing in front of the stove.

Daryl sighs “I told you…we should’ve just eat out”

“Auntie” Gabby suddenly calls “I eat take-out food every day and every night for two years now…I cannot even remember the last time I ate home food”

One thing that makes me feel really bad about my daughter living away from us is her not able to eat well at all. For two years now (she lived with us during her first year in college), all she does whenever she visits is check on us, chat a

Please log in to read the full chapter