DARK SECRET.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

JIYONG

Trust is one of the most important factors in a relationship, most especially if you’re already married. Throughout the years Clara and I have been together, our trust for each other have been shaken and totally tested. There were times when we break lose, but more likely than not, we talk things out and prove that there’s really nothing to worry and be in doubt about. Talk is cheap during these moments, for action is what’s needed.

Honestly, I find it so pathetic and somewhat petty for us, husbands, to think about YG RUNWAY’s newest investor as a threat. First and foremost, we know nothing about this man. Secondly, the girls are not weak at all to even be shaken by him no matter how hot and handsome he is. Alright, I admit, they might, in one way or another, be attracted to him, but all they’ll do for sure is “spazz” for a while, be tingly inside, and that’s it! They are smart, so smart to the point that even their emotions, no matter how strong and extreme, cannot run them easily.

“Aigoo...” TOP hyung stops walking a few inches away from the YGR office.

We stopped as well and look at him. “Is there any problem hyung?” I ask.

He sigh heavily, hangs his head down then look up at us. “Don’t you think this is so crazy of us to do? I mean…once the girls knew about us being alarmed by this Maximo dude…I’m a hundred percent sure that they’ll laugh and tease us about it for God knows how long…not only that” he raises his index finger “They might get mad at us for not trusting them”

Actually, I have the same thoughts. But, we’re already here. After all, we just want to be sure that this guy is decent and behave, for if he’s not, the dragon in me will unleash and I’ll toast him by blowing the hottest fire ever.

Youngbae holds his shoulder “Don’t worry about it hyung…the girls will not even have a clue on our real agenda”

Seungri nods in agreement and wraps his arm around TOP hyung’s shoulders “Youngbae hyung is correct hyung! We planned this so well…there’s no way we’ll get busted”

“Just…” Daesung chuckles “Don’t overdo everything…I know you Hyungs…there are times when you don’t go by the plan because your minds are clouded with so many thoughts…that…are random and totally senseless”

Can you believe it? Our Maknaes are the ones talking us out of our worries now, when before it is us who does the job. If only they know how hard it is to keep our wives for ourselves only.

“Let’s do this!” I say cheerfully, breaking the silence and extends my arm out.

Youngbae puts his hand on top of mine and the rest followed, last hand is TOP hyung’s.

“What’s our cheer by the way?” Youngbae asks and we just give each other blank looks.

Seungri sighs and nods as if he has decided on something. “Let’s do our powerful cheer!”

“Huh?” I look at him in confusion.

“What?” Youngbae follows.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” TOP hyung says.

Daesung shakes his head. “I’m confused”

Seungri giggle (the kind teenagers do when their crushes talk to them for the very first time). “B….” he says, waiting for us to get it.

“Bbbbbbb” he will not stop until we get it, but we just can’t get it!

“AISH!” I pull my hand out “Let’s stop this ”

He grabs my hand and puts it back on top of TOP hyung’s hand. “Aigoo…these men…how can you forget Big Bang’s cheer? Waaa…unbelievable!”

Can I pull his head off from his body with my bare hands?

“What?” TOP hyung asks impatiently “Are we going to do this? My arm is already starting to ache…if we’re doing it…let’s do it now”

For some reason, it made me laugh so hard and the rest of the boys too. How can we be this serious over a cheer?

“All right!” I say with a tone of a leader “BIG BANG!”

“BIG BANG! FIGHTING!” they continued while pumping our hands to the beat.

To be honest, it’s not as bad and awkward as I thought it will be. After retiring and growing out of the idol status, I thought it’s going to sound really childish and somewhat embarrassing to cheer that way again, but it’s not. I actually feel refreshed.

“Aigoo” Youngbae sighs while walking with me “That feels good”

I chuckle. “Right!”

“We should do it once we’re on the game again” he says, receiving a look of disbelief from me.

“Think about it again bro” I tell him while patting his shoulder.

The YGR office is as usual, very busy. I think I’ve never seen this place relaxed, just like the communication and PR department of YGE.

“Good Afternoon boys!” Cho hee noona greets upon seeing us walk in. She’s carrying folders in her arms that I’m sure will land on Clara’s desk in a while. It seems like my wife is up for a really long day ahead of her.

“Are the girls in?” TOP hyung asks.

“OH!” Seungri suddenly snaps, making all of us look at his direction. He’s pointing at the portrait of the girls as big as the wall it’s on. “This is new!”

Cho hee noona chuckles. “It is…YG Sajangnim just sent that this morning after the girls asked him to tear down their iced photo on the front glass doors…it’s its replacement”

We can’t help but laugh. That iced photo has Brady on it, for Railey hasn’t gone back to the company yet when it was shot. Clara loathes the idea of having their picture iced on the office’s front door, greeting every visitor that comes. It’s not that bad as a matter of fact, but it’s quiet funny because Daryl has to be cut in half diagonally whenever the doors opens.

“This is good” Daesung says, earning nods from us.

“Look at Railey’s smile...she’s obviously so happy to be back” TOP hyung says with a warm smile on his face.

Just by the sound of Hyung’s voice, I can tell how happy he is for Railey. It took him a long time to consider her working again, and when he did, it made his wife very happy.

“You’ve made the right decision hyung” I pat his shoulder and he give out a smile.

“Anyway…” Cho hee noona, breaks the moment.

“OH! Sorry noona...we become a little emotional there” TOP hyung tells her, earning a wide smile.

“It’s fine” she tells him “The girls as usual…are working….Daryl and Railey are in Studio one supervising a photo shoot and Clara...is in her office…with an investor”

“Who?” I ask in a snap.

“Mr. Maximo Sandoval…the Mexican investor for YGR’s expansion”

So he’s really here and not just that, he’s in my wife’s office.

Wait. Why do I feel like breaking in all of a sudden?

“Just the two of them?” Seungri asks then looks at me.

Cho hee noona shakes her head. “No…Mr. Sandoval’s assistant is in there too”

Phew!

With that, we didn’t waste time anymore and headed to Clara’s office right away. Seungri even searched for Spanish greetings because according to him, the more comfortable Maximo is, the easier we can read him, and there’s one sure way to make a foreigner comfortable, it is to somewhat reach out to him using his language no matter how little you know about it.

And we meet again. Maximo Sandoval really looks so manly. His small face doesn’t fit his perfectly toned body, but it’s all good for he looks so confident and sure of himself. This man, for sure, is a ladies man, because from the way he dresses to the way he acts and talks, I can tell that he gets every woman his eyes lands on. Good thing he didn’t come before Clara and I got married, coz if he did and they happen to work together just like now, he might be a rival.

I don’t know why, but my wife looks really nervous and uneasy. Well, she’s always like that with new people, but she has never been this awkward. Also, the way Maximo stares at her is disturbing me. OK. I have to consider that maybe his eyes are just like that since they’re deep and all, but still, something feels so wrong about him that I cannot point out. Not to mention the way he looks at me. Yesterday, when we were first introduced, he seemed shocked to know that I’m Clara’s husband, that she’s already married, now, I feel like he’s trying to spot my flaws and maybe figuring out why on earth did someone like Clara fall in-love and even married a man like me. AISH! I think I’m already thinking way too much.

“Uhmm…” Maximo clears his throat, stands up from the couch followed by his assistant and turns to us. “I guess I better go…it seems like you guys have something important to do” he say.

Daryl approaches him and even touches his arm. “No! There’s nothing important for us to do…the boys are just here to hangout…I mean…” she looks at us and I can’t help but to check on Youngbae who is staring at his wife intensely. “They go here to…hmmm…pass time”

Why do I feel like the girls don’t want us here and they rather spend time with Maximo than us? Seriously, this doesn’t feel so good.

“Johnny Bravo” (Maximo), looks at us and I stared back at him with a blank expression on my face.

“It’s fine Señorita” he touches Daryl’s arm and even SQUEEZED it lightly “I’m planning to leave anyway because I feel like exploring Seoul today…you girls just spend time with your husbands and work…I’ll come again tomorrow…maybe you can show me how you supervise photo shoots since you’re having a major one tomorrow…right?”

“Of course! Of course! No problema! (No problem!)….it’ll start around two in the afternoon…so…I guess we’ll just you tomorrow then” Daryl’s tone is so soft and sweet.

“Señorita” Maximo looks at Railey and smiles, earning a stare from TOP hyung. “I’ll go now” she tells her.

“Alright” Railey replies “Goodbye! See you tomorrow”. Compared to Daryl, Railey is not as flirty looking and sounding. Thing is, I can easily tell how both women fell for this freakin’ man’s Spanish. He better not call Clara “Señorita”, or else.

“I’ll go now gentlemen” he bows at us “It’s such a pleasure to meet five music legends of Korea”

Is he trying to get our hearts too? Well, let me tell you Johnny Bravo, our guards are all up, we’re watching you so better behave.

The girls walked the man and his assi

Please log in to read the full chapter