WISHING FOR A GOOD DAY.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

ISABELLA

We’re tight. We’re solid. We’re whole. But why is this happening to us?

“Danny is just plain stupid” DK says while we’re walking to our house from Aunt Railey and Uncle TOP’s house.

Carrying Miracle who is in deep slumber, I look at her and sigh “He’s just going through some phase” I tell her and receive a hiss.

“Unnie…if that’s only the case…do you think he will go this far? Ok…fine…I know that he’s being a typical teenager but you’ve been in his position…I’M IN THE SAME POSITION AS HIM…but I have never thought of being a big problem at all” she counters.

“You two are different people” this is all I can say, for I can’t think of any way to defend our brother anymore.

As much as possible, I don’t want to think badly and negatively about Danny. I know that kid. He can be an at times but amongst all of us, he’s the last person who I’m expecting to be a big problem to Mum and Dad. As a Noona, I’m hurt, for I never fail in telling my younger siblings to confide to me, that I’m always ready to listen to their problems or if they have any concerns. If only Danny approached me and talked to me about whatever is happening to him right now, I should’ve helped him.

“You should sleep now” I tell my not-so-little-siblings upon walking in our house.

“I want to see Mum and Dad before I sleep Noona” Gabrielle says.

Karielle raises her hand “Me too”

“Guys” DK calls, making all of them, except Miracle who I’m still carrying, look at her “Let’s be considerate and just let them breathe and rest for the night ‘cause I’m sure they’re exhausted and totally beat from scolding Danny”

I take a deep breath and shake my head because of my sister “Kids…all of you still have school later…you should be sleeping for you only have a few hours”

With that, my younger brother and sisters walk to their rooms, while DK and I check on Mum and Dad.

Turns out, Dad isn’t home. According to Mum, he left for a while but didn’t give any reason why. Oh well, I’m sure he’s just cooling his head, so there’s nothing to worry.

Comforting Mum is always easy. By simply joking and fooling around, a smile will automatically be plastered on her face already. Thing is, even though she’s smiling and giggling and laughing, deep inside she’s crying for Danny.

“We are not going to work later…HOOH!”

Happy dance, popularized by my lovely sister Karielle has been our family’s staple way of celebrating, and we’re happily dancing and singing while standing on the bed.

“We are not going to work later…HOOH!” Mum dances like a chicken and a duck (sometimes), but she’s really cool.

Yes, I still see my Mum as this young, bubbly, crazy woman she is back when I was still a little kid. As a matter of fact, only her age changes, but in terms of how she thinks, moves and talks, she’s still the twenty-something Mum I know.

“OMO!” Dad stops on the doorway, surprised.

Mum stops dancing in a snap and collapses like a building on the bed.

“OUCH!” also surprised, I jumped way too high and instead of falling on the bed, I bounced and drop on the floor.

“Hey Dad!” DK who sounds and looks like nothing happened, greets him.

Dad bursts in laughter after staring at the three of us “Why did you guys stop?” he asks, leaning on the door with his arms across his chest.

Mum sighs. She’s blushing.

Up until now, my parents are still sweet and very affection to each other. Not all married couples are like this. It’s just that, there are times wherein they go overboard. If before my siblings and I don’t give much attention and reaction every time they kiss in front of us, now, we react in a very big way.

Dad helps me stand by pulling me up “Are you all right?” he asks in a very fatherly way. Oh I love him.

I smile and nod “I am Dad…don’t worry”

“Aigoo” he pulls out a swivel chair, sits in front of us and sighs “Why are you still up?”

DK crawls beside me “Mum said that we can not go to school today Dad” she says, making Dad’s eyes go big. He hates it when we skip school or in my case, work.

My sister and I look at him then at Mum. They are talking using their eyes. I’m so sure of that.

After a while, Dad sighs as if giving up. “All right…no school for all of you today” he says, obviously giving in to Mum.

One of the many things I adore in Mum and Dad’s relationship is how they give in to each other even without talking.

“Kwon Jiyong” Mum calls, making Dad look at her.

“mmm”

“NO WORKING TODAY” she emphasizes, making Dad laugh.

“I know…I know” he smiles at her with so much love “Good thing I don’t have much to do at the studio”

I can feel butterflies in my stomach. My parents are totally in-love with each other up until now that you can clearly see just by their smiles how much they mean to each other (even after they just had a little argument a while ago).

“We’ll sleep now” I lean in to Mum and kisses her cheek “I love you” I say.

“I love you too baby girl” she my hair with a sweet smile on her face.

“Love you Mum” DK follows.

“Love you too baby” 

DK and I kisses Dad on the cheeks at the same time and hugs him tightly “I love you Dad” I say.

“I love you too Dad” DK replies.

Dad pinches our cheeks like what he’s used to doing when we were still little kids “I love you more babies”

“Rest well lovebirds” I tease, making them chuckle.

“We will” Dad replies and crawls in bed beside Mum.

Comfortable and somewhat relieved, I go to bed and fall asleep in a snap. I’m too tired to even check my phone for messages like what I used to doing or even listen to my favorite songs.

“Wake up Unnie”

“UNNIE! WAKE UP!”

“Leave me alone” I push her weakly away from me but when I smell her perfume, I open my eyes in a flash.

“GABBY!” I pull her for a tight hug.

“Aigoo” but she keeps on pulling away.

At last! My sister is here!

Last night, DK messaged her about what’s happening and like us she’s feeling bad for Danny as well but as angry at him as Mum and Dad.

“What made you go here? I thought your schedule is hectic?” I ask.

She throws herself on her bed. We still share rooms, and it’s Dad’s idea to not give us rooms each when there are still a lot of vacant rooms in the house.


“Do you think I can study well with thoughts of Danny and Mum and Dad in mind Unnie?” she asks and I smirk.

“Dad will be very happy to see you…he’s missing you badly already” I tell her.

She smiles warmly and stands up “I’ll wake them up”

I grab her by the hand and pull her to me “DON’T!”

“Why?”

“We just slept a few hours ago and I bet they weren’t able to sleep right away…let’s wake them up later instead” I say and she nods in agreement.

After giving me an hour and a half more to sleep, Gabby and I decided to wake DK who is in the other room beside ours with Karielle and Miracle.

Slowly, we walk to her bed and slip in both her sides. Our sister is a heavy sleeper. She didn’t even flinch when we wrap our arms and legs around her.

“One…two…three” Gabby counts in a whisper.

With our lips near her ears, we started mumbling, more like blabbering whatever comes into mind.

“I’m your Prince Charming DK-ah…I’m Tabi TOP TOP” Gabby says in a deep voice, imitating Uncle TOP.

It made me giggle “Nan hon-ja, geu a-mu-do a-mu-do mor-rae” I sing, also in a deep voice, imitating Uncle TOP’s part in Big Bang’s lies while Gabby draws light circles on DK’s cheek.

“I’m so sorry but I love Railey…stop dreaming of me already” Gabby sings out of tune, "Doom Doom Da Da", making me burst in laughter 

That’s when DK and our sisters awaken. I feel bad for waking Karielle and Miracle.

“OH!” Karielle sits up right away “We’re late for school!” she gets out of bed in a flash and is about to run to the bathroom when Gabby grab her by the arm.

“You’re already late K…don’t go to school anymore” she tells her.

Shock is all I can see on my younger sister’s face. I don’t know if she’s in shock because of Gabby or because of what she told her.

“UNNIE!” Karielle throws herself at Gabby upon coming to her senses, and hugs her tightly “I missed you!”

Upon hearing Gabby’s name, Miracle speeds out of bed and hugs her too. This is how much

Please log in to read the full chapter