MAD TALK.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONs

February 15

The Family is one of nature’s masterpieces. – George Santayana

Valentine’s Day is not only to be celebrated once, but even in the days to come. Showering each other with affection and appreciation should be done every single day, because it’s one of the many things that keep a relationship strong and going.

AMAZING – this word describes everything that has happened yesterday. Yes, it’s already given that sweet surprises and mind-blowing will be given, but every year, it becomes more special. I can’t thank God enough for my husband who never fails to make me the happiest woman in the whole world.

Last night after our wild and extremely naughty hot session, Jiyong and I were able to talk about our relationship, children, marriage, and of course, as always, our plans for the future. Now that we’re older, we tend to be more serious about these things although there are times wherein we just let things happen and flow like before.

“Gosh” I look deep into his eyes and smile “We’ve been together for more than two decades already and yet it still feels like yesterday when we hook up and fall in-love”

He chuckles and pinches my nose “Aigoo…you sound so dramatic Babe” he caresses my cheek and sigh heavily “But I feel you…it does feel like yesterday”

“Who will even think that I’m gonna end up with the man that I’m desperately praying to be with even if he doesn’t even know my existence?” I chuckle and sit up, pulling the duvet with me to cover my body then faces him “Up until now…whenever I think of my fan girl days…I can’t help but be amazed by how things turn out to be…because admit it Babe…the chances of us knowing each other or even crossing paths is five to zero…or even zero to none…not to mention…we’re from different sides of the world too”

He pulls himself up, looking tired but with sparkle in his eyes “Some say that it’s luck…but you know what? I really think that it’s destiny…like what I always tell you before…maybe God really made us for each other…that he knew the moment we’re born that we’ll find our way to each other…it’s just so fascinating”

I nod in agreement “It really is” and give him a peck on the lips.

He scoots close beside me and I wrap an around his shoulders “Good thing we don’t have much problems anymore”

“Aww Babe” he wraps his arm around my waist and rests his head on my chest “With all the crazy…out of this world and tragic problems that’s been thrown to us…I don’t think there are big problems we can’t solve and surpass anymore”

Just a single memory of us dealing with Lauren, all the running away from her, the hiding, and the pain that she has brought, is weakening. That girl really got the best of us. Good thing we didn’t give in to her fully because if we did, I’m sure we wouldn’t be where we are right now.

“They are growing up so well” Jiyong’s tone changes every time we talk about our children “But so damn fast…I can still remember Isabella barging in Big Bang’s recording studio wearing an all red dress matched with red shoes and a big ribbon on her head....the shocked expression on her face upon seeing me is priceless…that single moment can make me smile in a split second”

“Jiyongie” I playfully call him while shaking his arm “Isabella is turning twenty four in a few months…Gabby will be legal at twenty one…DK will be allowed to drive at eighteen…Danny will surely court a girl or start to eye girls at sixteen…the big twins will deal with puberty at fifteen…Karielle will double her crushes at fourteen…and our little twins…oh gosh…they’re going to push us away little by little to learn how to be independent at eleven”

My imagination is running wild and far, and I’m telling you, I’m having goose bumps while hearing myself say these things.

“Yah!” he snaps up and looks at in disbelief “Your brain is vomiting non-stop again….aigoo...you’re giving me a headache”

It made me laugh “Babe…I’m just telling the truth”

“Yeah..whatever!”

“Seriously Jiyong” we’ll talk seriously now. WE HAVE TO. “Our children won’t be kids forever…they are no babies anymore…as much as I hate to say this…but I really think that you have to get over the thought that you will have a hold on them as long as you want…because Babe” I cup his face with both hands and stare into his eyes “They will just feel suffocated if you do so”

“Are they feeling that way already?” he asks.

Careful not to hurt his feelings, I give out a smile and hold his hand “A little”

“I don’t know Babe…but…it’s just so hard to not be protective of them…first and foremost…they are my children…I take fifty percent of their making process…I took care…nurtured and loved them in the best way I can…it’s just so hard to let them walk on their own two feet without holding their hands tightly because I’m afraid that once I let go…they will stumble and fall and get hurt”

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Kwon Jiyong’s heart speaking for him. This is one of the few times he talked about this matter in this manner. Usually whenever he does, he’ll end up joking as if he’s not taking things seriously, but now it’s different, for his eyes are watery while talking and his voice is filled with sincerity.

“Maybe this is what our parents mean when they said that we will also feel what they felt when we wriggled our way out of their world” I tell him and he nods.

Years ago, as far as my memory can take me it was Isabella’s high school graduation, Mum, Dad, Omma and Appa talked to us about the kids’ independence. They said that time will come when our children will give more importance to friends and personal relationships than us, that we’ll just see and talk to them whenever they feel like it, and that we’ll not have a say on their lives anymore. Dad asked if we’re ready. Jiyong and I just looked at each other and didn’t answer, simply because we’re not.

“Letting Isabella date totally …you know that?” he asks, making me laugh like crazy. He still can’t get over it.

“What will you do if I tell you that she’d gone on her first blind date a couple of days ago?” I decided not to tell him anything about this but my big and loose mouth can’t be controlled.

“WHAT?!”

In one. Two. Three.

“Clara! Why did you let her go to a blind date without even telling me? I thought we’ve already talked about this? Huh? You said that you will not hide even the worst date she’ll have…and now…here you are…keeping it from me”

“Babe…I just told you”

He screams while pulling his hair “AAAAIIISSSHHH!”

More than scary, he’s very funny because he’s exaggerating once again. This is one problem with Jiyong. He exaggerates so much even before hearing everything out (Oh please! If

Please log in to read the full chapter