ISABELLA TO BELLA.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

ISABELLA

They’ve gone totally CRAZY!

I cannot believe this! A while ago, they keep on telling me not to drink to not get drunk and here they are, drinking like there is no tomorrow.

“Mum”

“Isabella! Our baby!” Aunt Daryl pulls herself up, her breath smelling so bad.

I turn to Ryu behind me and smiles awkwardly “My Aunt Daryl...one of Mum’s super best friends”

He smiles warmly at me. This is really embarrassing. I don’t know what to do with these people at all. Can I just drag them out of this place?

“Bella” Ryu calls, touching my shoulder.

“Yes?”

He squeezes my shoulder as if telling me to calm down. “Not all of them are drunk”

Yeah. Not all, but most are, especially my parents who are not even giving a damn on me and can’t get their hands off each other. Oh well, maybe they are really like this when they’re young. But still, they shouldn’t act like this is their night because it’s supposed to be mine.

“Hey!” Dad gave me goose bumps the moment I heard him.

“Do you really like my daughter? Huh?” he’s talking to Ryu and I’m praying hard for him not to say anything hurtful or degrading.

Ryu and I looked at each other. A smile is still plastered on his face while I try to read him through his eyes. From what I’m seeing, I can tell that he’s kind of nervous but playing cool at the same time.

“Dad” I call while staring straight into his eyes, trying to talk to him through it.

Thankfully, God is with me tonight, for my Dad didn’t say a word after that anymore. He just sighed heavily and emptied a glass of Margarita.

“We should go home now” Uncle Youngbae who is just tipsy, says, making me smile in gratefulness at him.

He stands up and walks toward us. I heard Ryu gasp. His nerves might be killing him. Well, he shouldn’t actually be that nervous because Uncle Youngbae is harmless, he’s very sweet and soft spoken. I just don’t know if he’s still like that with alcohol in his system.

“Do you mind helping me bring them out of here?” he asks Ryu with a serious look on his face.

“Of course Sir”

That being said, we start carrying the drunkards out of the club with the help of some bouncers. Uncle TOP is the hardest to handle for he’s resisting to come with us. If it weren’t for Aunt Railey who is also just tipsy, he will still stay in the club and continue his little party.

“I’ll just leave my car here and get it after I help you with them” Ryu says while making sure that Dad is seated perfectly on the backseat.

I put a pillow at the back of Mum’s head who passed out the moment we got her out of the club. “Are you sure it’s just fine? I mean…I can handle them alone…after all…Uncle Youngbae and Aunt Railey are still a bit sober”

He touches my shoulder again and squeezes it lightly. I guess this is his way of showing affection?

“Don’t worry about me…I’m all good” he assures, making me smile with my heart beating so fast.

During our first meeting, I didn’t really give a damn on Ryu, all because I don’t know how to react to him and treat him. Also, I’m nervous and it’s because I’m thinking of my parents who doesn’t know that I went on a blind date. Truth is, up until now I still cannot believe that they let me see him again. If only they stay focused, this night will be a wonderful night, but they didn’t, so it’s kind of wrecked in one way or another.

I’m the one who drive us home. Uncle Seungri keeps on singing and once in a while, Dad and the other Uncles will jam with him. They are singing a mash-up of their past songs. What’s amazing is that they are still in perfect harmony even when drunk.

“Get yo Crayon! Get yo Crayon! Get yo Cray! Get yo Crayon!” Dad is singing his lungs out at the back and when I looked at him through the rear view mirror, he seems to be enjoying this drunk music throwback.

“Shut it Kwon Jiyong!” Mum suddenly shouts at him, making me look at them through the rear view mirror again.

“Aigoo” Aunt Railey cups her hand over Mum’s mouth “You…shut it!” she exclaims and it made me giggle.

I guess my parents are really crazy. No wonder my brothers and sisters are as well. Not that I’m leaving myself out, but I really think that I’m a little sane than them.

At last, after driving the Aunties and Uncles to their lovely homes, we arrived at ours with Mum and Dad completely passed out.

“We’re here” I pull out in front of our house and free myself from the car that is reeking of alcohol and smoke.

“Waaa” Ryu takes a little time to absorb the house. “I know that you’re rich but your house is just so…awesomely breathtaking”

I smirk. Almost all the people we bring here are in awe whenever they see our house. Yes, it’s big and so rich-looking, but it’s not different from houses out there. If only they know how insane the people living in it are, they will really flip out.

“Wait here…I’ll just call my brother and sister to…give us a hand” I tell him and speed inside.

My siblings will surely tease me about Ryu now that they’re going to see him face to face. DK and Danny are so curious about him that they keep on bugging Gabby and I to introduce him to them.

“What happened here?” DK asks upon seeing our Mum and Dad, whacked to death by alcohol.

“Ugh! They stink!” Danny whines while trying to get Dad out of the car.

“Oh!” Ryu runs to him right away “Let me help you” he tells him and I receive a teasing smile from my brother.

“Gabby Unnie is right” DK says while we’re carrying, more like dragging Mum inside the house “You should’ve told your date to just bring you somewhere away from alcohol and dancing lights”

I roll my eyes at her. “It’s already done… happens”

“Yeah” DK drops it and just focused on Mum. “By the way…he looks good” she whispers “Not the type that I thought you want but…he’s fine”

“Let’s talk about him later” I tell her and she pats my shoulder and nods.

“I’ll prepare for your spazzing Unnie”

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon are now on their bed. Wasted. DK and Danny volunteered in freshening them for we cannot stand their smell.

“It’s already late” I tell Ryu while walking to the living room.

He looks at his watch and sighs heavily. “It is”

“I’m sorry for this” I don’t know, but I suddenly feel bad for him because our date ended the way we didn’t expect at all. Not just that, he’s clueless that we’re being watched by my family.

“What for?”

We sit on the couch just a few inches away from each other. Except for our trip home where he’s seating on the passenger seat, this is the closest that we’ve been since this afternoon, for I’m really keeping my distance as strictly said by Dad.

“They’ve been with us since this afternoon” I start “You see…even if I’m already pass twenty…my parents are still so protective of me…to the point that I brushed dating off my system just to give them a peace of mind…it’s very pathetic…I know…because I’m so hard on myself when I really shouldn’t…but…I really hate disappointing them…it’s just now that they allowed me to date and also…now that I allowed myself to date…thing is…I don’t know how to pull if off…so…I asked my parents to accompany me in seeing you which I’m sure is a turn off”

There’s silence, which I hate for it’s deafening and enough to make me think of a lot of negative things. I swear, if this is the reason why he’s going to distance himself from me and stop seeing me, I’ll definitely regret the idea of bringing my family along with me on this date.

My whole body stiffened when I felt his hand on mine. Why is my heart beating faster than before? What am I suppose to do now? Should I move my hand away or just stay stiff?

“To be honest with you” he clears his throat and smiles “I know that they’re watching”

My eyebrow raised in curiosity upon hearing what he said. “Huh?”

He nods. “Yeah...they are in the van in front of the ice cream parlor…the rolled down windows gave them away for it’s not that hard to spot celebrities even from afar…I saw your Uncle Seungri first then your Dad sticking their he

Please log in to read the full chapter