THREAT.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

March 20

A week has passed and I’m still walking of egg shells around Max. His angst and over confidence just keep on oozing out as time passes by and it’s annoying me to the core. I must say, for the very first time YEARS, this is the first that I don’t feel like going to work at all, and I tell you, I’ve gone through so much in the past (like dealing with Alfie, Brady and Anne all at the same time in this office and with them working around me), but I’ve never once wants to quit my job, until now.

“Did he call for another meeting again?” I walked into Daryl’s office, pissed.

She sighed, “Yes. According to Ae sook, this time, he wants to give a talk to his people on how to properly address, treat and move around investors”

I rolled my eyes. This is purely pathetic. “What? Those people have been with us since the brand started. We attended seminars to learn these things. We paid other people to teach them further. Why does he have to school them again?”

To tell you honestly, Daryl, as smitten as she is by Max Sandoval before, is annoyed at him now. Her hospitality towards him ended the moment he showed his true colors to us. We are totally against this man for he’s a walking red flag, and a certified jerk.

“He’s wasting so much time with all this bull!” she slapped the folder she’s holding on her work table and stands up. She walked to me and started pacing, “He really doesn’t fit in here. You know what I’m saying?”

“I don’t know” I sighed and massaged my temples. “All I know is that everything’s good here before he arrived. We got our together. We work so well. We got it all under control and what, in just a week and a day, he messed us all up”

Max was welcomed warmly by everybody the day he was officially announced as a part of the brand. They even organized a party for him that was attended by almost all in YG (except for me and my husband). Days after that, it’s like he woke up a different man and decided to change things here and there, making each one from the International Operations Management Team, so crazy. He shuffled them, schooled them, and even tried grooming them to his liking which is something I really cannot accept. Thing is, even though they are my people too, I’m not to meddle much with their business.

“Buttery told me this morning that “The Hulk” is requesting for his permanent office to be beside yours” Daryl, who knows about Max’s confession to me, said carefully. She knows how bad I’ll react to this, so she’s being careful.

And because I’m Clara Kwon and I overreact (most of the time), I threw my hands up and screamed at the top of my lungs. All of a sudden, the noise from the outside, muted. I’m sure they heard me from inside Daryl’s office and is wondering what the heck are their bosses doing.

“What’s going on here?” Of course, our dear sister, Railey, comes in worried. She heard from her office that is three doors away. Who would’ve thought that with a small voice like mine can shout so loud.

“I just told her about the office thing” Daryl informed her, settling down on the single couch in front of me.

Railey sits beside me, “He’s crazy! That dude really has the balls to turn things around in here knowing how powerful he can be, but truth is…” she faced me fully, “His power is not as strong as yours, sis. It’s not even stronger than big ’ and I combined, right?”

Ah yes! Of course! We’re the bosses here. We’re on top of the food chain.

I sighed as if defeated, “Thing is, he has President YG backing him up. As much as I want to use my power to oust him, I don’t think I can, for it’s going to be a really challenging game for us”

To our surprise, Daryl bolted up and placed her hands on her hips like a superhero preparing for battle, “Actually, a little game will be fun” she grinned, “After all, it’s been a long time since we kicked butts around here. We need to sharpen ourselves again”

I don’t have a clue on what’s going on, but all I can say is…  “Let’s give him a fight that not even the Avengers can save him”

So, we start with the easy round.

I will totally oppose to him moving his office beside mine. According to the girls, the move will happen later this afternoon.

“Alright!” In front of me now is my editor’s team. “I want to tell you some good news people” I looked at each one of them with a smile, “All of you are going to move to the room next to mine, and the move will start right this very minute”

Okay. So, the plan is, I will totally block Max’s way. I know this is too immature of me, but I will do everything just for him not to have his office next to mine. My sanity is at stake here. Without it, I wouldn’t be able to sail this big ship out to sea well.

And with my sudden announcement, my team didn’t waste time and rushed to clear their cubicles. I know this is something big for them, specially when they have so much work today.

“You can work in my office for the meantime” I called out and opened the door to my room, “I already called some people to fix the next room and they told me they need at least a day and a half to put everything in place”

Railey cannot help but laugh, “You’re really doing this, huh?” she stood next to me while watching ten people walk in my office.

I chuckled, “This is the only way Sis, the ONLY WAY” I smiled at her and we exchanged high fives.

My team is obviously enjoying this move. For so many years now, they’ve been stuck in their cubicles for we don’t really shuffle places as much. I know this move is really a breath of fresh air to them. Not to mention, there’s a good view from the big window of the new room, that is very refreshing to look at.

“What’s going on here?” Max is finally out of his meeting, that lasted for two freakin’ hours. His tea

Please log in to read the full chapter