MORNING IN A RUSH.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONS

January 30

When you have a Godly husband, a Godly wife, children who respect their parents and who are loved by their parents, who provide for those children their physical and spiritual and material needs, lovingly, you have the ideal unit. - Jerry Falwell

We walk through different roads in life. We bruise our feet and tire ourselves out. We nearly give up in finishing the journey because it's getting the best out of us. But amidst all these, the satisfaction and overwhelming feeling of success gets us going.

It's been over two decades since my whole life changed. I call it fate because never have I imagined that I will live my life the way I’m living it now. So many unexpected things happened. I unexpectedly fell completely in-love with my ultimate crush who is also my inspiration, a hard-to-reach-dude who miraculously loved me back, gone through tons of problems and a whole lot of drama, got married, bear children (nine wonderful angels), and dealt or better to say, is still dealing with parenthood up until now while continuously working hard on our marriage.

There are times wherein Jiyong and I reminisce the past randomly, making us feel for the thousandth time around how it is to be young, wild, crazy, carefree, unstoppable, problematic, and complicated. If before we can't talk about the hurdles that tripped and bruised us, now, we can openly discuss it and even laugh at it.

"MUM! DAD! MUM! DAD!"

"What time is it?" Jiyong mumbles with half closed eyes.

With an eye open, I turn to the clock on the side table beside me "Six" I tell him lazily "SIX!"

Shoot!

"Oh!" he jerks up upon seeing me frantic.

I get out of bed in a flash, slip in my robe and speed to the door. I overslept. No wonder the twins are calling and banging on our door non-stop.

Our routine is not that different from before when the kids are still small, though our days start much earlier and a bit serene, for we don’t wake with seven kids wailing, squealing or fighting anymore.

"Mum!" Miracle calls upon seeing me walking out of the bedroom.

I give her a sleepy smile and crouches down for her to give me a hug "Good Morning baby!"

"Is Dad already awake?" she asks and when I didn't answer, she sighs heavily "He promised Darielle and I that he'll be the one driving us to school today"

Jiyong is still Jiyong. He makes promises that he forgets (sometimes), though he's not like before when he promises to take the kids out or attend their school programs that ends up in a crying marathon because he always don’t make it, because ever since he retired COMPLETELY from being an entertainer/celebrity, he makes it a point to go even when he's so tired from being in the recording studio all day, writing songs or making music, and mentoring or directing his artists (President YG gave him two idol groups, Lee Hi and Bang Yedam to mentor and handle). Our kids, especially the big ones are so used to being flaked by him, but tables has turned already for Jiyong is the one being flake by our girls most of the time now.

And because I don't want my little twins’ morning to be ruined by their "wonder-dad" (a label that the big girls use to describe him), I open the door to our bedroom widely and with a sweet smile on my face, I say “Go...wake him up"

Miracle and Darielle gives us extreme happiness every day. Ten years ago, we almost lost them, but because we didn’t give them up and they didn’t give up on us, they’re here, healthy and perfect. Our youngest children are the ones entertaining Jiyong and I these days (a job that our big children do to us before). I must admit, I’m praying so hard for them not to grow up as fast as their siblings because I swear, I’ll miss being a Mum who is always needed.

Surprised, she gasps "I can?"

Waking us up in the morning and being our human alarm clocks is a part of our children's daily routine ever since (the big girls, especially Gabby lives up to this till now whenever she can) but for some reason, our little twins finds it bothersome.

"Go!" I stand up and wait for her to step in the room.

“Dale!” she calls her twin who is sitting sleepily on the first step of the stairs “Let’s wake Dad up! C’mon!”

Happy and lively early in the morning, they squeal and shriek while running to him "WAKE UP DAD! WAKE UP NOW!"

"CLARA KWON!" Jiyong shouts, making me giggle.

Ow! He’s still not a morning person and he will never be!

"Morning Mum" Danny greets lamely upon seeing me walking in the living room.

"Good Morning baby boy!" I greet back, earning a groan from him.

“Jiyong's twin" as most people call him, (he's his dad's ultimate and authentic doppelganger), hates being called "Baby Boy" because according to him, he's a grown man already, but of course to us, he's not (is Fifteen the new twenty-one?).

"Are you going to rant about being called baby boy again?" I join him on the couch and force him to move closer to me.

"Mum...do you really have to call me baby boy?" he asks, making me roll my eyes.

Mind you, he’s not looking at me at all. I don’t know who in hell is exchanging messages to him early in the morning because he’s so focused on his phone.

"What do you want me to call you? Dan? Just like your friends?" I say.

He sighs "But Mum...baby boy doesn't suit me anymore...even with the Noonas...the big twins and K...baby labels are just fit for the little twins not with us anymore"

I face him fully, poke him on the shoulder, making him to finally look at me “For your information “BIG MAN”…Mothers don’t count their children as adults…in our eyes you guys are still babies…after all…you act like a toddler at times…and in your worse …even an infant” I tease and all he can do is chuckle.

Danny even sound and talk like Jiyong already. He’s only fifteen, but his “swag” is oozing out of him that even I, can’t handle sometimes. His style is so G-dragon-ish too, making almost all the girls in their school drool over him (a “talent” that according to my husband, Kwon men has perfected).

"Yaaa" Jiyong enters the living room with Miracle riding on his shoulders and Darielle in front of him with his head inside his father’s shirt "The kids are not going to be able to eat breakfast anymore if you don’t start preparing breakfast now”

It made me chuckle, which made him smile “What is Dale doing with himself?” I ask curiously while looking at my young son whose head is still inside Jiyong’s shirt with his hand raised forward like a zombie.

“Dad’s a four legged alien Mum” Miracle answers, cracking Danny up.

“Ow yeah! He is an alien” I tell her and exchange high fives.

Jiyong smirks “I’m the most handsome alien who ever invaded your world Mrs. Kwon”

I walk towards him and pinch his cheeks “Of course you are”

“It’s a little stuffy here” Danny says and stands up “I’ll just prepare for school Mum…Dad”

“Aigoo…this kid” my husband pulls our son to him and gives him a headlock.

“CAREFUL!” I shriek, afraid that my little daughter will fall off from his shoulders.

“I’m going out…I can’t breathe we

Please log in to read the full chapter