3 Years Ago : Is It The First Date?

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

 

I diverted my gaze from the picture as I heard the heels' sound came closer. Just as I thought, it was Shin AeGi who walked closer. I smiled softly at her when she came.

 

She was pretty with that knee-length one-piece dress and half-tied hair. The high heels that she used made her to be more feminine that usual. Though what she used was so simple and humble compared to others who were on the gallery at that moment, but she was so elegant and sweet. She made me held my breath when I saw her at the stage to receive the award earlier. She was so beautiful and charming.

 

A curve of smile came across her face. She put her hands behind her body as she came closer. AeGi stopped 2 steps away from me and turned her body to the drawing. Her eyes looked at the drawing before she diverted them at me.

 

"What do you think?" She asked me with a sweet smile on her face.

 

I looked back to the drawing. I thought she added many things and improved the drawing than the one that I saw on her sketch book.

 

"Not bad." I told her. "The picture is good. Summer is definitely being expressed here. The colors composition is nice too. Soft and calming but daring." My eyes were shifted to the portrait of the guy who was sitting under the tree. A smile was being drawn on my face because of what I had in mind. "But probably it's because the model is good looking too." I joked.

 

I heard a soft laugh came out of her. I looked at her and found her giggling with my joke. She looked at me again.

 

"Yes, probably the model is good looking enough." She said as she diverted her gaze to the drawing again.

 

When I heard she said that I was good looking, I felt my heart jumped. I knew that I wasn't as handsome as DongHae sunbae, as y as JaeJoong sunbae, as sweet as KiKwang or as cute as Yoseob. But yet, she praised me earnestly and it made me embarrass as I felt praised. I dropped my gaze as I felt that my cheeks became hot. I thought I was blushing. I hope she didn't see it.

 

"Thank you." I thanked her as I gazed my shoes.

 

"But I'm so sorry for earlier."

 

I looked at her and questioned why she said like that.

 

"Because I took longer time talking with those people and left you." She said innocently.

 

I smiled to hear such an innocent confession. I didn't blame her for talking so long with those people. I knew they were influenced and well-known people from Art Society. They were important for AeGi's future career. I've heard that it was important for an artist like AeGi to be acknowledged by them. Probably it would be same for me if I was the top student on my department. I might need to know well-known MC, producers or other people who worked on Broadcast Entertainment industry.

 

"It's fine." I said.

 

Suddenly, a voice of a woman made us turned.

 

"Excuse me."

 

Both me and AeGi turned to see who was the one who talked. I saw a lady around her 30's with neat black dress. She used glasses and she seemed to be someone from upper class.

 

"Is this the drawing that won the first place?" She asked.

 

I looked at AeGi and found that she was looking at me too. But it seemed that she didn't want to be someone who answered the question.

 

"Yes." I answered the lady in the behalf of AeGi.

 

"Ah." The lady sounded understands. She nodded and looked back to the drawing. "It's interesting on how she used color pencils for coloring her drawing instead of using paints or crayons."

 

I looked at AeGi again. She seemed surprised to hear the lady knew that she used color pencils for her drawing. She looked as if she wanted to ask the lady how she knew about it. But she didn't ask since the lady was still examining her drawing.

 

"Hmm..." The lady drew back then looked at AeGi. "The painter must be developing deep feeling with the guy on the picture, isn't it?"

 

This time AeGi was utterly surprised as her eyes went wide and slightly opened. Slight blushes appeared on her cheeks as she diverted her gaze to me for a moment then answered the lady's question with stuttered voice.

 

"I-I-I don't know." She said then dropped her gaze to the floor.

 

"Really?" The lady asked then looked back to the picture. "But I guess with all these compositions, the guy on the picture must be special to the painter. Whether he's a sibling or a lover." She drew back from the picture.

 

I went silent. I didn't expect to hear such a comment from the lady. AeGi developed deep feeling toward me? Really? Did it mean that she likes me?

 

“But it’s a good picture.” The lady said again, breaking the terrain of my thought. She turned to look at AeGi. But I swore that she took a slight glance toward me before she did turn to AeGi. “It’s a good job.” She left after that.

 

I looked at the lady for a while before I turned back to AeGi. She seemed surprised as her eyes were blinking clueless. She might be thinking who that lady was. Well, at least I was asking that question too on my mind.

 

AeGi turned her face on me. And all of the sudden, blush appeared on her face. Probably she remembered about the lady's words earlier.

 

"Probably she's an Art Critics." AeGi said, looking down and trying to avoid my gaze.

 

I nodded. I had the same thought as her. I looked back to the picture. Somehow, I started to wonder. Did her feeling clearly shown on the picture?

 

But suddenly, I heard a voice of a woman called her name.

 

"AeGi."

 

I looked at where the voice came and saw a middle age woman walked toward us. The woman looked humble and her dress looked plain. Her body was slender and her height was shorter than AeGi even though she was using high heels too. But I saw slight resemblence of her with AeGi. She was beautiful, just like AeGi, but with soft wrinkles that made her looked wiser.

 

"Oo, Omma?"

 

"I've been looking for you everywhere." AeGi's mother came toward her. She turned to see me and seemed to wonder about me.

 

I quickly took out my hands from my pants side-pockets and bowed at her. "Annyeong haseyo. Yoon DooJoon imnida. I'm your daughter's friend from Broadcast Entertainment Department.".

 

"From the same campus?" She asked.

 

"Yes, Omoni. But from the different department."

 

She nodded as she felt understand. "I'm Shin AeGi's mother It's nice to meet you." She said as she bowed. She looked at me afterward.

 

"Why are you looking for me, Omma?" AeGi asked, which made her broke her gaze from me and looked back at her daughter.

 

"Hmm... JungGi and AeRa want to go home now."

 

Ah, her mother called her for going back home. I caught AeGi slightly looked at me for a second or two before she looked back to her mother. Probably it was just my feeling but AeGi seemed reluctant to leave.

 

"Why don't you just go back first?" AeGi said to her mother, for my surprise. "I... I want to stay here a little bit longer."

 

"Ah..." Her mother seemed to understand. "Then, we will go ahead with SungHyo and Professor Kang."

 

AeGi just nodded.

 

"See you at home then." Her mother said again to her. She touched her daughter's cheek and smiled. She looked at me and gave a slight bow before she went away.

 

I replied her with another bow and looked at her as she left.

 

"Your mother is beautiful." I said then turned my face to AeGi.

 

She was looking at me with that slightly opened.

 

"No wonder you got beautiful face too." I continued.

 

She smiled. "Thank you." Then she looked around before she looked back at me. "Do you want to look around?"

 

I nodded. "Sure."

 

She gave me a curve on her lips then turned around and started to walk.

 

I followed her as I put my hands back to my pants side-pockets. Somehow, I was glad that she decided to stay longer.

 

But wait…

 

If she stayed longer and spent sometime with me, could I consider it as a date?

 

---

Afterwords:

New chapter is up~!!! And DooJoon met AeGi's mom~ XDD

And I got new poster from raigel9elise again. This time it's brighter~ Which one do you like? Which one do you like?? I like both~ so I can't choose~ ^^ Ah, the poster credit to raigel9elise.

At last, thank you for all who left comments and who clicked on the subscribe button. And to all the silent readers who looked at this fic title and took sometime to read the fic, thank you so much for your time... ^^ but again, my selfish side told me that I like comments more~ But please ignore that selfish part~ I hope you enjoy reading this fic (^^)/

And off I go again to write the next chapter~ ^^