The After

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

Aegi was chuckled with my joke. We were inside the house, sitting on the living room’s floor with blanket on our laps to warm both of us. The weather was kinda cold. I was leaning on the couch behind me. Aegi was sitting beside me and leaned her back on my side. She was holding a mug on her hand. She looked so happy. But I couldn't blame her. I was feeling happy too. Finally I was able to be with her again.

 

"So..." I paused as I propped my chin to her shoulder. "Anything that you want to tell me now?"

 

She smiled and thought for a while. "Many things." She said. "I don't even know where I have to start."

 

"Probably start with your sponsor."

 

She looked at me. "Jang Jaehyung?" She asked.

 

I nodded. "Sunghyo told me that he was your first crush."

 

"Ah, yes.” She looked back to her mug. “He was. He was my art teacher on the high school. He's nice and funny. Many girls like him, including me. And I was close with him because of Arts." She pouted her lips. "But he already married right now."

 

"You seem to disappoint."

 

"I was. But not after I know you."

 

I smiled. "So what was I at that time? The cure of your broken-heart?"

 

She grinned since I had guessed correctically. "I guess you were."

 

I laughed as I rounded my hand on her waist and brought her closer. She was so cute when she admitted something honestly and didn't want to disappoint someone who related to the matter. I kissed her shoulder.

 

She turned her head to look at me. "But thanks to you, I could move on."

 

"So what does he want from you now?"

 

"Just professionally matters. Arts and all. No feeling involved."

 

"Does he know about me?"

 

Aegi nodded. "But not really know. You two never meet before. But I told him about you once when he saw my sketches about you."

 

"Then you should introduce us properly." I told her.

 

Aegi nodded. "After we came back to Seoul."

 

"Ah." I suddenly remembered something. "Seungho told me that you refused the chance for scholarship and the job at New York Art Gallery."

 

She dropped her gaze. "Yeah." She inhaled. "I still have many things to be thinking of if I take the offer." She paused. "I can't leave my family just like that." She looked back at me and touched my cheek. "And I can't leave you."

 

I smiled softly.

 

“But it looked like Seungho really beated you up, right?” She asked with worried grin on her face.

 

I took her hand on my cheek and kissed the palm. “It’s fine. You don’t have to worry about that.”

 

She smiled. “So I don’t need to know about what you both were talking about?”

 

I nodded. Then my gaze was fixed to the necklace on her neck. I saw that her couple ring was there on her necklace.

 

"Hey, can you lend me your ring?"

 

"Ah." She straightened her body and let me to take off her necklace.

 

So I took off her necklace from her. I loosened the ring from the necklace chain. Then I took her left hand on mine. Aegi looked confused as she tilted her head and looked at me.

 

"Can I ask you something?" I paused. "Will you go again for your exhibition and all?"

 

She thought for a while then nodded. "Probably."

 

I my lips as I smiled and dropped my gaze. I released a sigh.

 

“Shin Aegi." I looked at her. "If I can’t have you all the time to be with me, let me be the place for you to return.” I slipped the ring to her finger.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

"Will you marry me?"

 

Now she frowned, but in happiness as she couldn’t hide her smile. "But..."

 

"Well, not now. But eventually we will." I looked back to the ring that now had its place back on her finger. "Just keep the ring like this until I replace it with a wedding ring."

 

Aegi smiled and turned her body to face me. "Of course I do, Yoon Doojoon." She said.

 

I smiled and sealed her lips with a kiss.

 

As I kissed her, I could see my self waiting at her on the aisle and watching her walking toward me with her wedding dress. I was so sure that she would be so beautiful. I couldn't wait to see her like that.

 

But well, I guessed it would have to wait a little while as both of us needed to work on many things between us. Surely I was preparing everything toward it. But definitely, I wouldn't let Aegi away from me again. I loved her and I had chosen her as the one that I would spend the rest of my life with. But for now, I wanted to enjoy my time with her as her boyfriend and eventually a husband later.

 

- THE END -