Review from Cupcake Review Shop

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

 

Another review from Cupcake Review Shop. Credit to Ai-Rinnie and her Review Shop.

 

Title: Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You
Author: alize_sakura
Story Link: Click here.
Reviewer: Ai-Rinnie


Title: [ 2 / 5 ]
The title... was capitalized and spelled incorrectly. I think you meant to spell 'cause' when you typed out 'Coz' in your title. Anyways, I think that the title is oddly typed out. Even though it relates to the storyline, the title was a bit long.

Foreword & Description: [ 6 / 10 ]
Hm... Honestly, I think the Description was typed out pretty good. ^^ The Foreword contained your author's note and since it's your note, I don't think I have any right to correct it but in your Description, I did see a few errors and I shall now show you your mistakes!

Beep! Error: You've loved him so much and never stopped wondering why you broke up with him on the first place when you knew there were nothing wrong happened between you and DooJoon.
Correction: You've loved him so much and never stopped wondering why you broke up with him 
in the first place when you knew there was nothing wrong happening between you and DooJoon.

Error: Suddenly, Yang Seungho, who also DooJoon's friend, started to come close to you and eventually asked you to date with him.
Correction: Suddenly, Yang Seungho, who 
was also DooJoon's friend, started to become closer to you and eventually, he asked you to date him.
The sentence above was very... confusing to read when I read it for the first time. And near the end of the sentence where it says "... asked you to date with him." I know I corrected it by saying "... to date him." but I think it's better if you say that he asked the character to become his girlfriend instead of just asking her to date him. Just one of my thoughts.

Error: You, torn between your strong feeling toward DooJoon and trying to heal your self with accepting Seungho's love, started to confuse. Who will you choose???
Correction: You, who was torn between your feelings towards DooJoon and wanting to try to heal yourself by accepting Seungho's love, started to get confused. Who will you choose?
The sentence above, my fellow requester... probably threw almost everybody who has stumbled across your fic. There were a lot of pieces missing from the sentence too. When you mentioned "You, torn between your strong feeling toward DooJoon..." I felt like the words 'strong feeling' was probably a bit too much. It sounds like you're talking about some perfume with a strong smell. Oh and also, 'your self'' is one word. When you wrote out "... started to confuse." I think I was the one who was starting to get confused. You also don't need that many question marks at the end of your sentence too. We get it! It's a question! No need for more question marks!

Plus, it seems as if you've just have had probably released the plot of your story to the readers before they could even start on the first chapter. This, my requester, is a bad thing that you should never do again.

Poster / Trailer: [ 2 / 5 ]
No offense to the creator of the graphic but the poster... No comment at all. The top of the girl's head and the top of DooJoon's head is cut off, and that's a bad thing. The font doesn't really match the theme of the poster considering that the font used should've been used for a more happy/comedic poster instead. The rings were pretty cute, I guess. And Seungho and DooJoon's picture in the back, I feel like the graphic designer used the eraser and set the opacity to a low number because I can see through their heads to the background.

Plot: [ 10 / 20 ]
Pretty cliched if you ask me. A couple breaks up, but they still love each other but then another guy comes into their love story ruining everything. Okay, now that I re-read what I've just type, it's only half-as-cliched as I thought it was before. Well... yeah. Also, the way you described Ae Gi, she kind of seems like a Mary Sue. I mean, she's popular, beautiful, humble, plus she's a talented artist? I'm not sure if a human-being can be that

Entertainment: [ 6 / 20 ]
Honestly... No offense or anything but I dropped your fic when I finished with the 5th chapter. The story didn't really appeal to me so I got pretty bored with it.

Grammar / Spelling: [ 6 / 10 ]
Let's start with chapter 1 of your fic, shall we? Ah, the first sentence. I already see an error. Let me show you where your mistake was before moving on.
Error: I was standing 
on the front of the canvas as I wanted to continue with my painting.
I think you meant that the character was standing '
in front of' the canvas instead. And the second part of the error in the sentence... I don't really know how to help you fix it because I don't really understand what you meant.

Now, midway into chapter 1, there was just a slight mistake.
Error: "But I feel like something is missing. 
But I don't know why."
Do you really need another 'but' in there?

Error: Seungho had been closed with me...
Correction: Seungho 
has been close to me...

Well, I think that I shouldn't have to help correct you any further because I've noticed that your sentences would usually lack a few words or your sentences would always have a word or phrase that should be deleted. I would like to ask... do you use Microsoft Word when you type your chapters? Because I think that's one of the programs that can help correct your spelling/grammar. There's a lot of past tense, present tense mix up too.

Writing Style: [ 17 / 20 ]
Already, on chapter 2, I got confused around because you have used the famous switch called 'The POV Switch'. But you, my requester, have switched POVs without even warning the reader. I saw that the first chapter was Shin Ae Gi's point of view, but on the second chapter was Doojoon's point of view. I read your author's note about the POV change on your 4th chapter and well... I think that if you'll be writing each chapter with a different POV, I think it's better if you state who's narrating the chapter. Other than that, your writing style is okay.

Ending / The last chapter I read: [ 8 / 10 ]
I have to admit, their meeting was an accidental bump. Sorry, but I would have to label that as cliche. But when they entered the studio and when Doojoon saw the sketch of him, I was quietly jumping happily inside.

Score: 57 / 100
Bonus: 2 / 5
Total Score: 59 / 105

Reviewer's Comments:
Sorry for the late post. I lost this during my laptop's disk crash in January. OTL.