3 Years Ago : Her Best Friend Park SungHyo

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

 

What was it with all those fuzzy news starting from this morning that AeGi dated Yoon DooJoon from the Broadcast Entertainment Department?

 

Why can’t they leave AeGi alone?

 

AeGi was a human too, with flesh and blood and sensitive feeling. She was not different like all those fools who whispered behind her about her relationship. She was not owned by everyone or didn’t have personal life. She deserved to be happy too.

 

Argh, all of that news had made me pissed. I really wanted to slap all those mouth who talked about her today, saying why AeGi chose an ordinary guy like Yoon DooJoon or that AeGi had so low standard for guys.

 

But when I saw AeGi seemed to ignore all those speech about her and Yoon DooJoon, I just could suppress my anger and let them all talking behind her. She seemed to be happy and didn’t care about what everyone said though I knew that AeGi probably would feel bad with Yoon DooJoon. She had sensitive heart that could easily be broken even though she might look strong.

 

But I was quietly surprised that she decided to let everyone knew about her relationship with Yoon DooJoon. I had seen her talking with DooJoon on the studio and I had seen how sparkling her eyes when she looked at the guy. Even though AeGi had never told me about her feeling toward DooJoon or denied it, but everyone who had known AeGi for so long would have guess it. AeGi would always have those honest eyes of her and her behaviors were different toward DooJoon.

 

From what I seen, Yoon DooJoon probably the perfect one for her. He might be lacking on the look department, if you compared him with Lee DongHae sunbae or even that Yang SeungHo from Film Art Department. I had met him twice with AeGi. He was also average guy if you compared him with Yong JunHyung from the same department with me, Music. His serious face might be deceiving as he looked furious when he put serious look on his face. But he had certain charisma that could attract someone toward him. He was friendly and funny guy, nice and gentle too. And I could see that he was honestly and earnestly loved AeGi from his heart and could treat AeGi well. AeGi always needed someone that she could rely on and Yoon DooJoon could give that to her.

 

“SungHyo.”

 

I heard AeGi called me. So I diverted my gaze from the music sheets on my hand to her. We were at the art studio and she was painting as usual. I hung around at the art studio with her on my break time between classes. Right now, I was sitting on the table.

 

“I want to go to the toilet first.”

 

I just nodded. “Okay.”

 

AeGi put her brush then went away.

 

I looked back to the music sheet. It was my assignment for my vocal class. I took Vocal Major as I really liked to sing since I was younger. AeGi used to sing with me. She also had good vocal and high sense of notes. Her hearing was sensitive to the changes of notes and she had shown it a lot since she was still on high school where she participated on high school choir competition. Sometimes, she would ‘ruin’ my song just because she sang it with different notes than mine. But when you heard us in unison, you would see that actually we were singing in harmony. I thought too bad that she chose Art than Music.

 

Then I heard the door of the Art Studio opened. I looked up and saw Yoon DooJoon entered the room. He walked in and stopped when he only saw me alone on the room.

 

“If you are searching for AeGi, she’s on the toilet.” I asked him before he asked something to me. “You can wait for her here.”

 

A look of understanding came across his face. “Ah, thank you.” He said then looked around but still stood on his spot.

 

I looked at him, trying to study. He was tall and slender, perfectly fitted to AeGi’s type. And he didn’t look like the player type too. But if he could defeat all those guys around AeGi and stole my best friend’s heart, he was definitely one special guy.

 

“Tell me, Yoon DooJoon.” I said as I stood up from the table where I sat.

 

Yoon DooJoon looked back at me. I walked toward him and stopped on the front of him.

 

“Why do you love AeGi?”

 

I guessed my blunt and straight-forward question had made him surprised. I could see his ears became red.

 

“Aaa… She…” He became awkward. “I don’t know. But I admired her. She’s nice and kind. She can treat people well. And she’s talented too.”

 

I narrowed my eyes on him. “Are you sure it’s not because she’s beautiful?”

 

He stopped for a while and became more awkward as he scratched his head and broke our eye contact. “But I had fallen for her talent and kindness even before I knew her look.”

 

To hear such an honest word came out from him, I couldn’t help but to smile. This guy was really head-over-heels for AeGi. And he was a good guy. I was wondering should I seduce him or not. But I wanted to know how deep his faith to AeGi. So I moved closer to him as I put a seductive look on my face.

 

Of course he was surprised to see me moved closer to him. He took a step backward and another step backward as I stepped forward.

 

“Are you never found me attractive too?” I asked him seductively.

 

His back hit the wall and he got no where to go. I stopped really close to him. He gulped hard, probably feeling threatened by me and surprised too. But then his eyes became serious as self control and disgusting look came to him.

 

“Are you trying to seduce me?” He asked with deep cold voice.

 

I could feel that he was making barriers between us with his voice as if he didn’t like what I had done and he didn’t want anyone to come near him. It snapped me to realization that he didn’t want anyone else except for AeGi.

 

Okay, I guessed I could leave my best friend onto his care.

 

I smiled. “Relax, silly boy. I’m just testing you.” I said then turned around and walked to the table where I sat before. I opened my music sheet again and read it.

 

I was sure he would surprise and probably relieved too.

 

“But why?” I heard him asked.

 

I diverted my gaze from my music sheet to Yoon DooJoon who already stood on the middle of the room right now. I released my sigh and lowered my music sheet. “Do you know who I am?”

 

“You’re Park SungHyo, AeGi’s best friend, right?”

 

I nodded. “True. And what does best friends supposed to do?”

 

“Are you trying to test me just to see whether I really love AeGi or not?”

 

He was a smart guy, I must admit. I smiled. “Sorry about that.”

 

“Well, I love her.”

 

“I know.” I said lightly. “But I also need to know whether you can cherish her. I know AeGi since we were at the 6th grade so I don’t want her to be hurt. And her past were not good either.” I dropped my gaze.

 

Ah, it was a fact though. I had known AeGi since we were on the 6th grade and her past on that time was not good either. Probably if you saw AeGi now, you wouldn’t believe if I said that AeGi was bullied a lot when she was younger.

 

Well, at least not by actions, but by words, from those bastards that she called her friends. I still remembered perfectly that those bastards were sweet-talking in the front of her and talked otherwise behind her back. AeGi was too naïve and kind to put her trust on them just because one of them was a child of her father’s friend. They had broken her heart and trust by betraying her and cornering her as they told her that she was a liar and telling any bad things about her. I was the one who found her crying all alone on the toilet.

 

 

When we were on the middle school, the situation was better. But I had a lot of arguments with AeGi until we didn’t speak for days. AeGi was always been the one who came to me to apologize and reconcile. She was a sweet girl and I cared about her a lot so I couldn’t ignore her. And probably that’s why people said when two friends fought and reconciled their friendship would be deeper than before. At least that was what we both believe.

 

And then, there was the time when I heard her father was died. My heart was sunken when I heard the news. I never knew that AeGi’s father was sick and admitted to the hospital on the day before he died.

 

I knew her father. He was a nice man and a great painter. I met him some times and he had helped me a lot with painting. And AeGi didn’t tell me anything about her father condition. The news also shocked all of her classmates at that time, since AeGi was acted as if nothing had happened on that day. But I saw her eyes were swollen at that time.

 

And when I hugged her on her father’s burial, she broke all her calmness and cried on my embrace. At that moment, I swore that I would protect her from anything and take care of her. Probably at least, someone came to protect her and take a good care of her.

 

“Should I ask why?”

 

Yoon DooJoon’s question broke the terrain of my thoughts. I looked at him and smiled. “You will know in time.”

 

I was sure that he was wondering too. But I glad that he chose not to ask any further. I respected him for it.

 

“But promise me something, will you.”

 

He raised his eyebrows, as if he was trying to ask what I wanted him to promise.

 

“Take a good care of her. She deserves to be happy.”

 

He smiled gently and nodded.

 

I replied him with a smile. Then the door was opened again which made us looked at the door. And this time AeGi was appearing on the door. She looked up and saw Yoon DooJoon was there already. Her smile bloomed earnestly.

 

“You’re here.”

 

“Yes.”

 

I could see that no one would ever stand between them. I took my bag. “AeGi.” I called her.

 

AeGi looked at me.

 

“I’ll go to my class first, okay.” I said as I walked toward the door.

 

“Okay. I’ll see you when the class is over.”

 

I stopped and looked at her with a naughty smirk on my lips and narrowed eyes. “Are you really want to see me after the class is over?” I .

 

Blush suddenly appeared on her face. I laughed. Her face did tell me everything. She clicked her tongue and poked my arm to protest because I had .

 

“Okay. See you later.” I told her then walked out from the studio.

 

Ah, Shin AeGi. You were one lucky girl.

 

---

Afterwords:

Another update for today before I took a break from this fic...

This is another chapter that told us about AeGi's past. I was crying when I wrote this part since I had to imagine SungHyo's feeling at their past. But then, this chapter is dedicated to my real best friend. SungHyo is her on my real life. Hehehe :P

 

Anyway, thank you for all who left comments and who clicked on the subscribe button. And to all the silent readers who looked at this fic title and took sometime to read the fic, thank you so much for your time... ^^

Enjoy the fic, everyone~~ ^^