Present Time : The Festival

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

The day had come for our school to hold the Annual School Festival. The school festival probably would be the last festival for me, Aegi, Junhyung, Hyunseung, Sunghyo or even Doojoon. We were at the moment where we were making our graduation project.

 

The festival show was held today on the university grand auditorium. Many people came to the festival just to see the performance or to see the talents that the students shown. Of course there was talent searchers blended among the crowds.

 

I walked toward the Art Gallery where the Art Exhibition was held. I knew that Aegi was there because her paintings were shown there too. I entered the Gallery and looked around for her.

 

And I saw her standing and talking with a foreign woman. The woman was blonde with blue eyes, thin body and tall. She was probably already on her 40's. They were talking in English. I always knew that Aegi was good in English and her English conversation was perfected by the fact that she kept travelling overseas for exhibitions and all.

 

As they were talking, I over-heard their conversation. They were talking about the offer on the New York Arts Gallery that Aegi received two months ago.

 

But then, Aegi told her that she still needed time to think about the offer. She said that she still had a family to take care to and she couldn't leave them just like that. The woman said that she was understood and would wait for Aegi's answer. She also told Aegi that she would keep the offer available for Aegi anytime so whenever Aegi decided to come, she could come. Aegi just smiled and thanked to her.

 

I walked closer as the woman left. "Hello, beautiful." I told her.

 

She looked around and chuckled to hear the greeting. "Oh, Yang Seungho." She murmured.

 

But she was indeed beautiful. She was using a sweet one piece white dress with high heels. She let her hair loosened but made her looking mature.

 

"But you're beautiful. And I'm telling the truth."

 

She tilted her head, feeling honored. "Thank you." She smiled.

 

"So how's the offer for New York Art Gallery?"

 

She seemed to surprise when I asked her. I dropped my gaze.

 

"Sorry. I over-heard your conversation."

 

"Oh." She seemed to understand.

 

"She's from the New York Art Gallery, right?"

 

"Yes." She said as she dropped her gaze. "But I'm still confused with the decision. I don't know what I should do with the offer. It feels like there are so many things that I can't leave here. I can't leave..." She paused, seemed to hesitate to say what’s next. But then she continued as she exhaled. "I can't leave my family yet." She dropped her gaze.

 

I touched her cheek, cupping it with my palm then brought her to look at me. "It's fine." I told her gently. "Try to think about it slowly and carefully."

 

For a moment, I gazed at her face, studying it and amazed to see such a pure beauty in the front of me. She was so beautiful. Her pure eyes, small nose and her lips. I loved her so much. And for once, I felt like I wanted to feel her lips on mine.

 

But she dropped her face suddenly, lowering my hand that was on her face. "Sorry." She told me. "But I need to see the performance on the auditorium right now."

 

I smiled lopsided. "Want me to come with you."

 

She looked at me and smiled back. "It's up to you."

 

I took her hand and held it on mine. "Let's go then." I pulled her along to come with me.

 

So we were going to the grand auditorium where the performances were held.

 

By the time we arrived at The Grand Auditorium, the performance from the Korean Traditional Music students was ended and the audiences gave a big applause for them. Aegi seemed to be a little pouted to know that the Traditional Music had ended. I just smiled to see that. I knew that she liked traditional music group from our school. Her mother was a traditional dancer. So I couldn’t blame her for liking traditional cultures. Besides, the Traditional Music students often brought modern songs and re-arranged them to be brought by the traditional instruments.

 

"Ah, it's ended already." She murmured in disappointment.

 

I brought my self closer to her. "It's recorded. You can ask the recording to the Boardcast department."

 

She smiled because of it. "Yeah, I know."

 

I smiled. But then, the MC came back to the stage, bringing my attention back to the stage.

 

"Alright, that was our beautiful ladies from Traditional Music Department, The Wild Flowers."

 

The audiences applauded.

 

"And now..." He looked at his cue card. "The next performance is collaboration of 6 students from Boardcast Entertainment, Music, Acting Department and also Art Department which named them selves as BEAST. And I must to say that they're a group of handsome young guys."

 

It earned laughs from the audiences. I smiled because of the joke too.

 

"And they will be performed with the help of choreography from the Dance Department and the Musical Performance Department."

 

The audiences applauded again.

 

"So, please welcome... BEAST!!"

 

The light went off as the MC finished his words. Then a small light from above was shone to a piano. There was a guy sat behind the piano. But I recognized the guy. He was Doojoon.

 

I turned my look at Aegi. Her gaze was fixed toward the stage and the gaze was softer. Was it the performance that she wanted to see?

 

Yoon Doojoon's performance?

 

Somehow I started to feel that my heart sank.

 

But Doojoon started to play the piano and I looked back to him. I knew that Doojoon could play piano. It was one of many reasons why girls fell for him back on the high school.

 

The song that Doojoon played was a sweet melody but filled with sadness, self hatred and regret. There was a pair of dancers’ danced duet not too far from him. Then some dancers joined after the first refrain. They were dancing. And from the way that they danced, somehow I could guess that it was about self regret of someone who let the one that he loved away even thought he was still loved her. He wished to come back but he couldn't.

 

Then at the moment Doojoon finished his play, the light that shone above him turned off suddenly. The dancers that already gathered on the right side of the stage frozen. But then I heard they started to hum. Then I heard their voices saying...

 

"Say No! No! No! No! No! Say No! No! No! No! No! Can't you see I'm still loving you. Ajik nae mam-i neol bonael suga eobs-eo (My heart is not yet ready to let you go)."

 

Then someone of them was shouting and all of the dancers fell flat to the floor. And the light went off again.

 

I frowned and I felt bad about this performance.

 

Then I heard intro music was playing through the sound system. The lights went on again on the stage and I saw Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, Yoseob, Gikwang and Dongwoon were standing on the stage.

 

Yoseob was started the song with his amazing shout. "Yehee oooooo~," along with the intro.

 

Then Junhyung said, "Girl, please say."

 

And the other five continued it in turns with, "No! No! No! No! No!"

 

Hyunseung started to sing.

oneul nae chinguga mul-eoss-eo neowa sagwimyeon an doegess nyago
eochapi ijen neowa heeojin nae daesin neoleul akkyeo jugessdago

 

A friend of mine asked me today,
If he could go out with you
He told me he could cherish you better than I
Considering now that we are through

 

Junhyung continued after ward with his rap.

 

That that that that that’s ok
Get get get get away
gwaenchanh-a mwo uli gwangye nam-eun jeongdo eobsneunde
mian hadan mal-eun geumandwo eochapi gaseum an apeo
nae daesin joh-eun namja chinguga dwaejwo

 

That that that that that’s ok
Get get get get away
“It’s okay I guess since there’s not much left from our relationship
Stop apologizing, I’m not that hurt anyways
Just please be a better boyfriend to her”

 

Then Gikwang started to sing the bridge.

ajig neo ttaemun-e jam mosneunde geuleohge malhajileul moshae ilu
eogji us-eum-e gyeoglyeokkaji deohae chinguleul bonaejwossjiman oh girl

 

I couldn’t tell him that I still have sleepless nights because of you
Although I’d cheered my friend on and sent him off with a forced smile, oh girl!

 

Yoseob sang his part of the refrain afterward.

Oh can’t u see I’m still lovin’ you
ajig nae mam-i neol bonael suga eobs-eo

 

Oh can’t you see I’m still loving you
My heart’s not yet ready to let you go

 

Then Doojoon followed him.

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!

And Gikwang ended the first verse.

andoendago malhae ajig ni mam sog-e nal gidaligo issdago say no!

 

Say you can’t because your heart is still waiting for me, say no!

 

Then to my surprise, Doojoon rapped the next part. And it was surely something that so familiar for me.

sul-eun manh-i moshae dambae yeongineun silh-eohae
honjaissneun geo silh-eo hanikka eonjena hamkke

 

“She can’t drink much, hates the fume of cigarettes,
She hates being alone, so be with her always

 

Junhyung continued his verse.

iss-eojwo saeng-il ginyeom-il-eun kkogkkog chaeng-gyeojwo
nan waei jis-eulhago issna dodaeche wae

 

And make sure you always…always remember her birthday”
Not even sure why I had told him all this

 

Those words were something that Doojoon ever told me before.

 

Hyunseung sang the next bridge, followed by Gikwang.

dol-a seomyeonseo huhoehal geomyeonseo eogjilo meos-issneun cheog haess-eo
chingu dwieseo hwaleul nael geomyeonseo an doelago bil geomyeonseooh girl!

 

Knowing in hindsight I would be regretting this but still forced myself to pretend to be cool
Knowing behind my friend’s back, I would be upset and be begging him to stop, oh girl!

 

Yoseob sang the refrain again.

Oh can’t u see I’m still lovin’ you
ajig nae mam-i neol bonael suga eobs-eo

 

Oh can’t you see I’m still loving you
My heart’s not yet ready to let you go

 

Doojoon continued then followed by Hyunseung.

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
andoendago malhae ajig ni mam sog-e nal gidaligo issdago

 

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
Say you can’t because your heart is still waiting for me

 

Dongwoon sang the next part.

(say) no no no (say) andoendago (say) geu salam gidalil geola aaa go
(say) no no no (say) andoendago (say) geu salam gidalil geola aaa go

 

(Say) No No No (Say) You can’t (Say) because you’re waiting for me to come back
(Say) No No No (Say) You can’t (Say) because you’re waiting for me to come back

 

Gikwang frowned as if he was feeling the song from his heart.

ajig neo ttaemun-e jam mosneunde geuleohge malhajileul moshae ilu
eogji us-eum-e gyeoglyeokkaji deohae chinguleul bonaejwossjiman oh girl

 

I couldn’t tell him that I still have sleepless nights because of you
Although I’d cheered my friend on and sent him off with a forced smile, oh girl!

 

They were singing the next refrain all together with Yoseob as the background.

Oh can’t u see I’m still lovin’ you
ajig nae mam-i neol bonael suga eobs-eo

 

Oh can’t you see I’m still loving you
My heart’s not yet ready to let you go

 

Then Doojoon sang his part again with Hyunseung as the finish line.

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
andoendago malhae ajig ni mam sog-e nal gidaligo issdago say no!

 

Say no! no! no! no! no! Say no! no! no! no! no!
Say you can’t because your heart is still waiting for me, say no!

 

As the song ended, I felt betrayed. I realized that the song was about us. And the worse part was, it was something that Doojoon couldn't say to both of me and Aegi.

 

---

Afterwords:

Uah~ this is surely one long chapter~ But yeah, it's featuring the theme song of this fic, BEAST - Take Care of My Girlfriend (Say No)

 

Hum.. many of you seem to ask for alternative ending for those who not chosen by Aegi. But I'm so sorry to disappoint you because I must to say that this fic won't have any alternative ending... Sorry *bows*

But in return, I prepared something for the one that not chosen. And what is that?? Well, just wait... ^^

This fic is really heading toward its end~ *hix* I will miss writing this fic for sure~ And for your info, the draft is done already~ I just need to post them all up here~ ^^ Then I'll start to concentrate on my other fics~ I've been neglecting them all~ ^^

Anyway, Thank you for all who left comments and who clicked on the subscribe button. And to all the silent readers who looked at this fic title and took sometime to read the fic, thank you so much for your time... ^^

Enjoy the fic, everyone~~ ^^