Their Stories: When You Were Sick

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

 

It was a winter and we were already at our school Winter Break. At the moment like this, usually I busied my self with painting and all at my home. Yes, I was painting at my home while listening to some songs from my ipod.

 

Thanks to my mom, I got my own art studio. She made the room for me when she was renovating our house. It was a studio where I could paint, singing and dancing without any disturbance from my siblings. There was a glass wall on one side, facing our garden. I often faced toward the garden for painting. When the sun rose, its light would fill up the room.

 

Actually, the room was my Dad's workshop before. Probably it would explain why I still had architecture desk and tool shelves at the room. I still put my Dad's belonging on the room for the memories of him. Besides, there were still many of his painting tools that I could use.

 

My dad... How could I say about him? He was an architech and I always adored his art skill.

 

When I was younger and he was still alived, I was a stubborn kid. So I intended to fight a lot with him. But arts would bring us back together. I would always run to him and asked him to help me with arts. He was very good at painting, sculptures and photography. I even couldn't beat him on the sculptures and photography departments. I didn't take much interest on sculptures while I just did photography on my free time. But my dad was good at both and he had taught me a lot about them.

 

And after years of his absence in my life, I still kept all my memories with him. Don't blame me. I loved my Dad more than anything in the world. Well, perhaps, besides of Arts, Music, dance, writing and DooJoon.

 

Yeah, sorry, appa. You've beated by my boyfriend.

 

I lowered my brush as I remembered about DooJoon. Whenever I looked at him, a part of him reminded me to my Dad. He was playful, fun, nice and gentle, just like my Dad. He could be stubborn sometimes but he could handle me very well. And I felt safe and comfort with him. I was someone who could easily get bored. That was why I could keep up my relationship to 3 months only with my ex-boyfriend. But with DooJoon, I could keep it longer. I cared about him and I loved him a lot.

 

I looked at my phone. Actually I found it strange that he didn't call me or texted me on 3 days in row. I knew he was taking part-time job that related to his study. But he always called or texted me. I looked back to my painting and bit my lower lips as I exhaled. I guessed I'd better called him.

 

I took my phone as I stood up then dialed his number. I put my phone to my ear and listened to the dialed tone of his phone. I waited him to pick up my phone. Then, finally I heard clicked voice. He had picked up his phone.

 

"Hello?"

 

I could hear his hoarse voice. It made me frowned. Did I just heard his hoarse voice?

 

"Are you sick?" I asked him out of sudden, speaking out my mind.

 

I heard him coughed before he answered me, "I guess I am."

 

I dropped my gaze. Actually I wanted to scold him because he didn't told me. But I couldn't bring my self to be angry at him. He must had his reason. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

 

"I don't want you to get infected by me, AeGi. You'll have an Art Competition soon, right?"

 

I pouted my lips to hear him said like that and just released a sigh. "But I've done with the painting. So I'll be coming to your place. Just wait for me, okay."

 

"But you don't need to do this."

 

I smiled to hear that. He even concerned about me more than him self. "Hey, I'm your girlfriend. So at least, let me take care of you."

 

I could hear him chuckled.

 

"You know what, I like the way you said that you're my girlfriend."

 

I went chuckled because of it. "Then I can say it over and over again for you."

 

"Ah, don't do that. I guess my heart can't take it."

 

I laughed to hear his joke. Ah, he always knew how to make me laughed. I bit my lower lips so my laugh would stop. "But I miss you seriously. You should have told me."

 

"Sorry." He apologized.

 

I smiled. "I'll be coming to your place, okay."

 

"Okay."

 

"See you later."

 

I hung up the phone afterward. I guessed I needed to prepare my self. I turned off my ipod and went out from the studio.

 

When I walked out from the studio, I saw my mom was at the kitchen, preparing lunch for us. So I came to her.

 

"Omma." I called mom.

 

She took a look at me. "Yes?"

 

"What should I make for sick person?"

 

She stopped and turned to see me. "DooJoon is sick?"

 

I just looked at her and nodded. She seemed to understand.

 

"You can make porridge?" Then her eyes became wider as an idea came to her mind. "I made chicken soup. Probably you can bring it to DooJoon's place." She nodded her head. "Yes, yes. I'll prepare some foods for you to bring to his place." She patted my hand. "Just wait for a while, okay."

 

"Then I'll be changing my cloth first, omma." I told her then left to my own room to change my clothes.

 

And when I came back to the middle room, Omma already prepared the foods on boxes for me to bring.

 

"You should bring these to his place. I packed lunch for you too. So you can eat lunch at his place."

 

I just nodded then looked at the wall clock that hung on the room. "I guess I'd better leave now." I took the box.

 

"Well, be careful and send my regards to DooJoon." Omma said.

 

"Okay." I replied her as I walked toward the door.

 

I saw AeRa walked to the the middle room as I walked to the door. She stopped and looked at me with curious look.

 

"Where do you want to go?" She asked as I passed her by.

 

"DooJoon's place. He's sick." I told her shortly.

 

"Well, okay." Then a smirk came to her face. She turned to Omma and said, "Omma, don't expect onnieto come home today," in rhythm.

 

I just gave her my goggled eyes as I opened the door. Aish, that sister of mine was really careless.

 

Minutes later, I knocked on DooJoon's apartment door. The door was opened and he was standing on the front of me. I smiled to see him.

 

"Get in." He said, opening the door wider to let me in.

 

I walked in and he closed the door behind me.

 

"Have you eat?" I asked him as I walked in with him following me. I turned to see him. "Omma made me bringing foods for you."

 

He was chuckled to hear me. "No, I haven't eat yet."

 

I smiled. "Then let me prepare it for you." I said then went to his kitchen. I put the box that I brought and took off my coat. "How's your feeling today?"

 

I saw DooJoon was following me to the kitchen.

 

"I feel better actually." He leaned on the kitchen table as I put my coat on the chair nearby and washed my hands then looked at him. "I was having fever yesterday. But it had went down today."

 

I raised my hand and put my palm on his forehead then moved to his cheek. I checked on his fever. Just like he said, his fever had gone. But I still felt worry about him.

 

Probably he saw my worries. DooJoon took my hand on his cheek and kissed the back of my palm. "Sorry to make you worry. Probably I was working too much lately. It was just a fever because I'm too tired."

 

How could I scold him when he was apologized sincerely like that?

 

"Okay." I said as I slipped my hand from his hand. I needed my both hands to prepare the lunch. "But next time, tell me."

 

He nodded.

 

"Get some rest while I prepare the lunch. I'll call you when it's ready."

 

"Okay."

 

I smiled and wanted to prepare the lunch.

 

"AeGi."

 

I heard him calling me so I looked at him.

 

"Thank you for coming."

 

I smiled. "You're welcome."

 

He walked to his sofa and laid down there to have some rest. I just looked at him then back to prepare the lunch. DooJoon had taken care of me since I became his girlfriend. And when he got sick like this, I wanted to be the one who returned his favor and took care of him.

 

---

Afterwords:

Hyaaa~ double update~ ^^ I just need to finish this fic soon~ ^^

 

Thank you for all who left comments and who clicked on the subscribe button. And to all the silent readers who looked at this fic title and took sometime to read the fic, thank you so much for your time... ^^

Enjoy the fic, everyone~~ ^^

And please do tell me if I bored you out with the fic~ ^^