3 Years Ago : The Meeting

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

 

I walked toward my department building as I was running late for my class. I stepped the stairs on the front of the building 2 steps at the time as I hurried. I never knew why they placed the Boardcasting department on the higher ground. Probably every student on my department would have the fitter body than the other students from another department at my campus since we were always had to jog the stairs whenever we want to reach the building.

 

I looked at my watch and found out that I only had 5 minutes to reach my class. I gasped and started to increase my speed. As I reached the higher level and walked on the patio, I accidentally crashed to someone and made the things that she or he brought fell and scattered on the ground.

 

“Oh, .”

 

I cursed under my breath and quickly squatted to collect the scattered things as I said, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you.” I raised my gaze to see the person that I was crashed into. “I…”

 

I stopped talking as I saw the one that I crashed.

 

It was her!!

 

It was Shin AeGi!

 

She was squatting as she picked the things that scattered on the ground. She used short pants that revealing her slender feet and sleeveless shirt. Her bag was slung on her shoulder. It was summer. She tied her hair but her bang was falling, covering half of her face as she looked downward.

 

Probably she heard my word stopped suddenly, because she raised her gaze to see me as she shook her head to brush away her long bang that covered her face. A smile came across her face as she was back to collect the stuffs.

 

I realized that I’ve been staring at her with wide eyes and open mouth for a while. So I quickly closed my mouth and diverted my attention to collect the scattered stuffs on the floor. I was thinking probably that why she smiled. She had seen my stupid face.

 

“I’m so sorry.” I apologized again, but this time for my stupid behavior.

 

I could hear her chuckled slightly.

 

“It’s fine.” She said as she put the last thing that she got to the box.

 

Oh my, she has a sweet voice. I knew that she had good voice. I’ve heard her singing. But to talk with her, that was a different thing. I looked at her as I gave the last thing that I collected.

 

“Thank you.” She said again as she received it and put it back to the box.

 

She stood up and lifted the box up along with her as she stood up. It seemed that the box was heavier that it looked because she inhaled to regain her strength as she lift the box up. She lifted one of her feet to support the box before she fixed its position on her arms. Actually I wanted to help her to lift the box, but she already did it by her self.

 

“Aigo.” She whimpered as she lifted the box to its fixed position.

 

I frowned in amazement as I saw her lifting the box. Never thought that she had greater strength despite of her petite body. “Do you want me to help you?”

 

She looked back at me and flashed me her sweet smile. “No, thank you.” She made a quick look toward my department building as if she wanted to tell me that I supposed to go as soon as possible. “I’m sure that you’re almost late, right? So probably you’ll need to go soon.”

 

I came to my realization. “Ah… Yeah.” I put my hands to the back pockets of my pants.

 

Well, she was not only beautiful but she was kind and understanding too.

 

She smiled again. “And thank you for your help.” She said then walked away.

 

Huh?

 

I looked at her as she walked away.

 

She said thank you for my help even though I just crashed her and made her things scattered?

 

Well, she was one rare kind. I knew that she was well-mannered. I’ve seen how she treated others. But she really could appreciate other people even to the slightest things. Now I adored her more and more.

 

Suddenly my mind went to my class. I gasped and looked at my watch just to find that I was already late. I released a disappointed sigh and clicked my tongue. Surely my professor wouldn’t let me enter the class even though I was just 10 minutes late. I turned my look toward the girl who just left. Probably I’d better off to help her.

 

I rushed to go after her.

 

“Wait!”

 

Shin AeGi stopped at the stairs and looked at me as I walked down the stairs and stopped on the front of her.

 

“In second thought, let me help you.” I said.

 

She smiled. “Why?”

 

“I’ve been late anyway and I’m sure that the professor will still kick me out even if I’m insisted to join the class. So, let me just help you with the box.” I opened my hand to ask the box from her.

 

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. “Alright.” She gave up then passed the box to me.

 

Just as I thought, the box was heavy. Probably it was heavier for her than for me. But she took out 2 long tubes and a bottle of drink from the box to bring them along with her. I turned and walked to follow her.

 

“The box is kinda heavy, isn’t it?” I started to talk with her.

 

She looked at me and seemed to feel bad that she had gave the box to me.

 

“But it’s fine.” I cut in before she managed to say anything. “It’s not that I cannot bring it.” I looked at the box. It was filled with stuffs, books and others. “What are those?”

 

“Just books, video tapes and CDs. I borrowed them from the Broadcast Entertainment Department for the upcoming project that our university will take place.”

 

I just nodded. I’ve heard about the project from my professors before. It was a large scale project that involved all the departments under the College of Art course. Of course the result would be shown to public. It was an interesting chance to show off your talent and others, but I didn’t have any motivation to join the project.

 

“I’m Yoon DooJoon anyway.” I introduced my self. “From Broadcast Department.”

 

She looked at me and smiled. “I’m Shin AeGi from Art Department.”

 

Actually I wanted to say that I was her admirer. But I didn’t want to sound like I was her stalker or something like that. So I just said, “I know,” with casual attitude.

 

She tilted her head and frowned as if she was confused. “You know?”

 

“You’re famous even to the other departments.”

 

“I am?” She seemed surprised and unsure.

 

“Yes.” I smiled. “Ever since your works were being displayed and played on University exhibition, who doesn’t know about Shin AeGi. They even call you the Prodigy of Arts.”

 

“Really?” She smiled shyly as she dropped her gaze. Probably she felt a little bit embarrassed with that title. I also could see slight blush crept onto her cheeks. She was cute when she blushed.

 

It made me smile. Somehow I also felt that my heart was beating faster as I saw her blushed. "You never know?"

 

She shook her head shyly. I smiled lopsided.

 

"But seriously, how can you be so good?"

 

She shrugged. "I just like doing them." She said naively.

 

"But you're trully talented, you know." I said.

 

She slightly bowed as she said, "Thank you very much," with shyly attitude.

 

Probably now I realized why I fell for her at the first place. Not because I admired her talents through her works like what I did at every campus exhibitions that she had always participated, or admired her beauty like every guy on this campus did. But this girl had amazed me over and over again since the beginning.

 

First time, she amazed me through her works when I didn’t know who Shin AeGi was. It leaded me to curiosity about the one behind the great painting and performances that I’ve seen. At that moment, I fell for her talents. Then, I saw her when she helped some elders. I was thinking that she was a kind young lady and her face that naturally beautiful had captivated me. Afterward, I found out that she was the same person who created the works that I was amazed to. And that was when I started to realize that I was unable to set my gaze away from her.

 

Finally we reached the studio door. The place was often used by the arts students to do their arts. She walked before to open the door and held it for me. After I walked in, she released the door and walked inside to lead my way. She stopped by the table and looked at me.

 

“You can put the box here.” She patted the table.

 

I walked to the table and put the box there. As I put down the box, I exhaled through my mouth. I felt my arms were almost tearing apart from my shoulders. I shook my both arms to make the tiredness away. And I found my self sweating a lot since the weather was hot. I looked at AeGi.

 

AeGi put the tubes that she brought and turned to look at me as she brushed her bang away. Probably she was noticed that I was tired. She looked around to the small refrigerator and came to it. She opened the refrigerator door and took a bottle of cold drink from it. She came back to me and gave the bottle to me.

 

“Here’s for you.”

 

I looked at the bottle and received it. “Thank you.” I said to her and opened the bottle. I drank it as I felt thirsty and I looked around.

 

I’ve never entered the Studio even though I knew the place. I always thought that I might not need to enter the place since I wasn’t one of the Art students. But the place was exactly how I thought it would be, though it was cleaner than my imagination.

 

The studio was huge, just like a hall but on the circle shape. There were some sculptures displayed and paintings hung on the walls between the big windows. There were also sculptures that half done, whether it was made by woods or clay. Paintings without frames propped against the wall in lines.

 

At the center of them all, I saw a space with a standing that was used for painting. A small desk stood beside it along with a chair. A sketch book was placed on the standing. Probably it was belonged to someone who often used the place. I looked at AeGi who was sorted the stuffs on the box to the table. Probably it was belonged to AeGi.

 

I walked to the standing out of my curiosity to take a look of the drawing that had been made. I arrived on the front of the drawing. And at the moment, I surprised with what I saw.

 

The drawing… It was a sketch made out of pencils. It was a portrait of a tree on the field with a guy sat under shade of the tree with his back leaning on the tree. The drawing was so nice to the point that it seemed so real. But it was not the one that made me surprised. I was surprised because I recognized the place very well. I even recognized who the guy that was on the drawing. Even though the face was blurred but the figure was someone that I knew very well.

 

But before I could do anything, someone had taken the drawing away from the front of me. I looked around and saw AeGi already hugged the sketch book.

 

“I-i-it was something that I often see from the window.” She said then turned and brought the sketch book to the table as she closed the sketch book.

 

But I didn’t expect to see her stuttered and blushed. I turned my gaze to the left side of the standing and saw the scene that I had just seen on the drawing. I smiled lopsided and walked to her side.

 

“Well, thank you.” I said to her.

 

She just nodded without seeing me. I noticed blushes appeared on her ear and face. But she didn’t know that my heart had jumped just with one drawing of her. I bit my lips to hide the smile that kept appearing on my face. Because I just realized that it was a drawing of me.

 

Yes, the guy that AeGi drew on her sketch book was me…

 

---

Afterword:

Another chapter update today~ I know it's kinda fast... but sometimes I just excited to show the story that I made so far. but I do hope that everyone can enjoy the story so far.

One of my friends on twitter told me that the reason on why Doojoon fell for her was unclear on the previous chapter. So I hope this chapter will answer the question. And yes, it turned out that AeGi often see DooJoon from a far ^^

For the comments and subscribers so far, thank you very much. For the silent readers, thank you too for reading this unperfect story. I really apreciate you all from the deep of my heart. Thank you~ *squeals*