Present Time : Shin Ae Gi

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

I raised the mug that I held on my hands to my lips, touching its to my lower lip. I leaned against the table across the painting stand. My eyes were fixed to the painting that laid across of me. No matter how I see or thought, the picture was lacking on something. But I don't know what.

 

My friends, manager and professors said that the picture was perfect. But I still felt that the picture was so lonely.

 

I dropped my gaze as I thought about the word.

 

Lonely.

 

Probably it was the feeling that I felt right now.

 

Since that rainy day when I wanted to depart to France for the International Young Art Exhibition, I felt loneliness invaded my heart. It wasn't because my friends were away from me. Or because I was forced to live alone at home because my family went out of town for few days. But it was more because I felt that my self was not the whole anymore. Doojoon wasn't here with me anymore.

 

I felt a struck came to my heart as I thought about it.

 

After we were parted, many things came to my mind. I was thinking about my relationship with Doojoon. I was thinking about his look on that rainy day. He seemed angry, so disappointed.

 

When I arrived on France, I took my time to call him several times. But he refused all my call or let me connected to his phone mail box. I also left him some messages by text or on his mail box, but I never got any replies from him.

 

What did he want?

 

Was he wanted to break up with me?

 

And when I returned to Seoul and saw him avoiding me, that was the only option that I could think about.

 

So yeah, without saying goodbye, we were breaking up. We were not on relationship anymore.

 

Probably it was my fault too for not telling him about my sponsor and the project that I was involved into. And I didn’t tell him about Jang JaeHyung.

 

Jang JaeHyung was the man that had become my crush at high school. He was my art teacher. He was a charming and nice guy. But after I graduated from High School, I heard that he got married. Last time I heard, he had his own Art Foundation.

 

And around a year ago, he suddenly came to me and offered me to be a part of international exhibition project. He agreed to be my sponsor. He also encouraged me to have my own exhibitions and all. He also gave me a manager to manage my activities on Art world. I wanted to tell Doojoon about him and all, but the projects that JaeHyung gave me seemed to be endless and Doojoon seemed to be busy too with his work as an assistant producer.

 

But no matter how I thought, I still couldn't accept the fact that we were not together anymore. It was hurting me inside. But I still put smiles and my easy-going attitudes in the front of everyone. It might have deceived many of my friends, but not SungHyo.

 

She came to me one day and asked whether I and Doojoon had broke up or not. That was when I couldn't keep my feeling anymore. I cried in the front of SungHyo, telling her that I might have broke up with Doojoon.

 

Even up until now, I still needed to fight the urge of crying whenever I thought about Doojoon. I loved him so much. He had gone too deep to my life to the point that I forgot how I used to be before he came into my life. The ring that he gave me once, I never wanted to put it away from me or just to keep it at home. So I put it on a necklace and used it all the time.

 

Probably it was too ridiculous. But I wanted him to come back again.

 

And on the past four months, Yang SeungHo started to make his moves on me. He was a nice guy and smart too. I always knew that since I ever known him. And last night, he had asked me to start dating him. I told him that I needed more time to think about it.

 

I knew that I had to move on. SeungHo is a nice guy. But I didn’t know whether I could fall for him. And I couldn’t lie to my heart. I always wanted Doojoon. I only wanted him. He had changed me for good and I didn’t know whether anyone else could do what he had done to me.

 

I released my sigh and put my mug on the table that I was leaned on. I gave up. I didn't know what was lacking on the picture.

 

That was when I heard the door clicked open. I looked up and saw Yoseob came in. I gave my smile to him.

 

"Ah, Yoseob. What's the matter?" I asked him as he walked toward me and stopped.

 

"Noona, I need your help for my painting."

 

"Sure, I'll help you."

 

Then his gaze went to the picture that I put on the stand. "Is this the picture that you will submit for the Art Competition?"

 

I nodded. "Yes, it is."

 

He frowned. "It feels lonely."

 

Ah, he could feel it too. I always admired Yoseob for his intuition for Arts. He was good even though he was lacking on drawing. He always reminded me of me. That was the reason why I always helped him over and over again with his study.

 

"I guess it's better if you put one or two figures there." Yoseob turned to see me again.

 

To hear his words, I realized what that was lacking on the picture. "Do you think so?" I asked him as I tucked my hair back to my ear and looked back at my painting.

 

Yoseob nodded. "You can put it here." He pointed at the dock. "A figure stand there." He lowered his hand. "But I think a couple will be better."

 

A couple?

 

And somehow my thought was back to…