Their Stories : Meet The Family

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

 

I was restless as I felt nervous. I was sitting on the restaurant with AeGi across of me. She was doing something on her sketch book, drawing probably. I kept looking out the window, wishing that the time would stop somehow.

 

Ah, I felt nervous. I didn’t know whether my family would like AeGi or not.

 

Yeah, we would see my parents and my sister soon.

 

I knew that I had been going out with her for more than 1 year. And I never told my family about my relation with AeGi. I was scared that they wouldn’t accept AeGi.

 

But now, I didn’t have any choice but to introduce her to my family. And it all happened because of the accidental meeting with my sister few days ago.

 

“Ya, Yoon DooJoon?”

 

I quickly froze as I recognized the voice. It was so familiar and I had known the voice ever since I was born. I turned around and saw someone that was so familiar for me.

 

It was a young woman that dressed nicely as she just went out from her office. Her hair was medium long, passing her shoulders but not too long like AeGi’s. Her eyes were more rounded than me, but she had some similar features as my face.

 

Ah, yes, she was my noona. My real noona. Yoon HyoJeon.

 

“Noona?”

 

But, aish, why did she had to be around when I had a date with AeGi?

 

Ah, yeah, I was with AeGi at this time. She needed my help to find present for JungGi and AeRa’s birthday. Both of her siblings were having their birthday on the same month. So she wanted to buy presents for them on the same time. And when she heard someone called my name and I replied with Noona, she turned to see my older sister too then she turned to see me.

 

“Your sister?” She asked.

 

I nodded. I ever told her that I had an older sister. She looked back to HyoJeon noona who came toward us with her smile. But then, I could see her eyes went wider as she saw AeGi beside me. AeGi just bowed to her. Somehow I saw a spark on noona’s eyes that I didn’t like. A look of realization that I had a special relationship with a girl.

 

“And who is this?” HyoJeon asked with a teasing smile on her lips as she turned her gaze to me.

 

“She’s…”

 

“My name is Shin AeGi.” AeGi quickly cut in. “I’m coming from the same university as DooJoon.”

 

“Ah…” My sister threw me a look that said she might know who AeGi was for me.

 

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend.” I told her, answering her look to me.

 

A smile bloomed on my sister’s face. “Ah, finally.”

 

It made me rolled my eyes to hear my sister said like that. I saw her bowed to AeGi and introduced her self. HyoJeon noona knew that I didn’t take any interest toward girls when I was still at high school so she seemed to happy now when she learned that I had a girlfriend, since she could tease me.

 

“So what are you two doing here?” HyoJeon noona asked.

 

“AeGi wants to find presents for her siblings.” I told her.

 

HyoJeon noona nodded as she understood. Then she seemed to realize something. “Ah, DooJoon. Can I speak with you for a moment? I have something that I need to tell you.”

 

I looked at AeGi, wanting to ask whether it was fine for her. But I felt reluctant to leave her alone.

 

“You can leave me. I guess I can go to shop alone.” AeGi said.

 

“Aish, you hate to shop alone.” I said as I clicked my tongue.

 

She smiled. “Alright.” She gave up. “I’ll pay for this first.” She showed me the t-shirt that we picked for JungGi’s present.

 

I nodded and watched her left.

 

“She’s pretty.”

 

HyoJeon noona’s words made me looked at her again. She turned her gaze to me.

 

“And cute too.”

 

I smiled lopsided as I heard that.

 

“She’s from your university?”

 

I nodded. “But she’s from the Art Department.”

 

“I’m guessing that she’s quietly famous.” Noona said.

 

“Well, she’s famous because of her talents. She’s known as the Prodigy of Arts on our university.”

 

Noona just nodded then looked back at AeGi who was standing in line for paying on the cashier.

 

“So what do you want to talk about?” I asked.

 

Noona looked at me again. “Ah, I need your help on something.”

 

“About your boyfriend?” I asked again. I ever meet noona’s boyfriend once. He was nice and fine.

 

She nodded. “He proposed me and I agreed to marry him.”

 

I smiled to hear that. “Wow, congratulation.”

 

“So I need your help for the wedding preparation.”

 

“Do Omoni and Aboji know about this?”

 

She just forced her smile. “I haven’t told them yet. I planned to tell them. I had invited them to have a lunch with us.”

 

“Us?”

 

“Yes. You, me and my boyfriend.” She said. “I was planning to call you before I met you here.”

 

I just nodded. “Okay, when?”

 

“This Saturday.”

 

“Alright.”

 

She threw her gaze to AeGi again. “And you should bring AeGi with you.”

 

I frowned. “What? Why?”

 

“She’s cute. Probably I can ask her to be my maid of honor.”

 

“But…”

 

“Don’t worry. I’m sure Omma and Appa will like her. She’s nice girl.”

 

So that was why I waited here at the restaurant with her. HyoJeon Noona would pick our parents up from the station and brought them to the restaurant.

 

But the thought of having my parents meet my girlfriend, it was making me nervous. I was afraid that my parents wouldn’t like AeGi.

 

I heard knocks on the table. I looked around and saw that AeGi was the one who knocked. So I looked at her, wondering why she knocked my table. She just smiled then turned her sketch book to me.

 

A smile came across my face as I saw the sketch that she drew on her sketch book. She drew a comic strip on her sketch book. It was about my concern of her meeting with my parents. It made me chuckled.

 

“Oh, you.” I said as I dropped my gaze.

 

AeGi took her right hand off from the book and put it on the top of my left hand. “It’ll be fine. I’ll try my best to impress your parents.”

 

I turned my left hand so my palm faced her palm as I touched my lips with the other hand. She made feet from her pointing finger and middle finger then moved them as they were walking. I put my chin on my hand and smiled again as I moved my hand to hold her hand.

 

“Don’t try your best. Just be who you are.” I told her. “’cause I love you for whom you are.”

 

She smiled and blushed.

 

Then I saw my sister came with my parents and her boyfriend. I lowered my hand that was supporting my chin. “Ah, they’re here.”

 

AeGi turned her gaze to follow my gaze. She saw my parents who had came to the restaurant with my sister and her boyfriend. She stood up as they were coming.

 

I stood up too and came to AeGi’s side as my parents walked closer. I could see that my mom was staring at her as she walked closer. AeGi bowed to them politely.

 

“Omoni, Aboji.” I said as they stopped on the front of us.

 

“Is she…?” My mom said then looked at me.

 

Noona came to my side. “Yes, she’s the one that I told you. Is she cute?”

 

I quickly looked at my sister as she said that. “What did you tell to Omoni?”

 

Noona looked at me. “Relax. I don’t tell Omma bad things about AeGi.” She looked at our parents. “Omma, Appa, she’s DooJoon’s girlfriend that I told you earlier.”

 

“Aish, I come here just to know that my daughter is engaged and my son has a girlfriend.” My father complained then looked at AeGi. “And this girl hasn’t introduced her self properly.”

 

“Ah, please forgive me.” AeGi said then bowed again. “I’m Shin AeGi. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

My mother just smiled to see my father then looked at AeGi. “Don’t worry. Doojoon’s Appa might look furious but he’s nice.”

 

AeGi just smiled and nodded.

 

“Yes, just like someone.” Noona said as she gave her eyes on me and held AeGi’s arms from behind. “Now, let’s all sit and eat. We have many things to discuss.”

 

We were having lunch together afterward. And for my surprise, Aboji and Omoni could accept AeGi well enough. Just like Noona had said to me, my parents seemed to like AeGi. They even embarrassed me in the front of her by telling my childhood stories. But I was relieved to see that my parents could accept the one I loved. I guessed it was something that I wanted the most.

 

---

Afterwords:

New update~

Okay~ I must to admit that this chapter is so lame.. I don't have any idea anymore.. And probably I would start to skip the time to their break up~ anyone agree with it? >_<

 

Thank you for all who left comments and who clicked on the subscribe button. And to all the silent readers who looked at this fic title and took sometime to read the fic, thank you so much for your time... ^^

Enjoy the fic, everyone~~ ^^