3 Years Ago : The Art Competition Exhibition

Please Say No to Him Coz I Still Love You

The day of Art Competition Exhibition finally came. As usual, the gallery was filled with many people on the first day. The art critics, the professors of Art schools, the art fans, even the art students. They were all gathered on the gallery. I knew some of them because I often saw them on the exhibition like this. They greeted me as passing by.

 

We were all gathered on the hall where the awarding ceremony would be held. SungHyo was standing with me with Professor Kang as we were waiting for the ceremony to start. I looked around and saw my mother standing with my siblings. They waved at me when they saw me. I smiled at them. But it wasn’t them that I was looking for. It was DooJoon. But I guessed he hasn’t come yet.

 

“Alright, Ladies and Gentlemen. Good evening and welcome to the Art Competition Exhibition.”

 

I heard the MC started to open the ceremony. I inhaled as I looked back to the stage. The winners of the competition were called and told to come forward when their name was called to receive the award.

 

Finally it was my name that they called. I stepped forward, steady steps yet carefully so I didn’t bring my self to fall and embarrassed my self because of it. I used high-heels for occasions like these and after a while I started to get used by them. But still, I liked to trip whenever I walked with high-heels.

 

But thankfully it didn’t happen tonight. I walked to the stage and received the trophy along with the prize plaque. I smiled as I shook the hand of the head of the committee. I also gave him a polite bow. I stood beside the man and let the cameramen took pictures. Actually I wasn’t a camera girl. I used to avoid camera when I was younger. But ever since my creations started to emerge and became the center of attention as I was being called the Prodigy of Arts, I had to use my self with camera. I looked at the man and bowed again to say thank you then I walked off from the stage with the trophy and the prize plaque.

 

As I reached the lower floor, I saw my family, Professor Kang and SungHyo approaching me. I also saw smile on their faces.

 

“Congratulation.” Professor Kang told me.

 

I smiled. She always congratulated me at the awarding ceremonies even if she already knew the result before.

 

“Congratulation, AeGi.” My mom said then gave me a peck on my cheek.

 

“Thank you, Mom.” I replied her.

 

I felt someone took the plaque from my right hand. It was my little brother. He looked amazed as he saw the amount of the money prize that I got from the competition. His name was Shin JungGi and he was a student of 6th grade.

 

“Uwah, it’s a lot, Noona.” He said as he looked at me.

 

I just smiled to see him. His eyes looked sparkling and amazed. Probably he was the reason on why I joined the competition on the first place. Or probably my family was…

 

JungGi showed the plague to my sister, Shin AeRa. She was just 4 years older than JungGi.

 

“Look at this, AeRa noona. It’s more than the previous one.”

 

AeRa only looked at the amount and nodded. “Yeah. I’m sure it will be enough to put you on the middle school.” She turned her gaze to look at me. “Can we find something to eat now? I’m hungry.”

 

“Yes, sure. Go ahead.” I told her.

 

“Great.” AeRa said then grabbed JungGi’s arm. “Let’s go.” She dragged the smaller boy along with her.

 

My mom took the plaque from JungGi as the boy was being dragged away. SungHyo came along with them. Mom just chuckled to see my siblings then turned to look at me. “Do you want to get some food too?” She asked me.

 

Suddenly DooJoon popped back into my mind. I needed to find him, or probably contacted him to know where he was.

 

“No.” I replied my mom. “I want to look around.” I gave the trophy to my mom. “Just go and eat with them, Mom.”

 

“Alright.” My mom replied me then turned to follow my siblings and best friend.

 

I looked at my mom who walked away. Then, I felt a slight touch on my arm. I turned around to see Professor Kang. She seemed to look at something. She turned to see me.

 

“Wait here for a while, will you? Don’t go anywhere.”

 

Even though I was confused, but I agreed. “Ah, okay.”

 

Professor Kang walked away, toward a group of men and women. They seemed to be older than I was. From their looks, I could tell that they were experts on arts. Professor Kang greeted one man who stood on the middle and talked with him.

 

My attention diverted as I felt my phone vibrated. I looked at the phone on my hand. I kept holding it ever since the ceremony began. I got a phone call and it was Yoon DooJoon. I quickly answered it.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Congratulation for getting the first place.”

 

My heart was throbbing as I heard his voice. I smiled as I dropped my gaze. “Thank you.”

 

“And you look beautiful on that white dress. You look different from what I used to see at the school.”

 

I looked down to my dress. I used a white knee-length one-piece dress with bell sleeves. I guessed there was nothing special with the dress. I tied half of my hair up to make my appearance to be more formal. I frowned as he knew my attire.

 

"Where are you?" I looked around to find him.

 

And I did found him. He was standing by the door with one of his hand on his pants pocket. DooJoon used black suit with black shirt inside. He also looked different than he used to be. I smiled.

 

“Thank you. You look different too."

 

He just smiled shyly. “Thanks.”

 

"But I thought you won't come."

 

I saw him chuckled. "Sorry that I'm late." He said as he looked back at me.

 

I smiled. "It's fine."

 

But then, I heard Professor Kang called my name. I looked at her and saw her waved at me, telling me to come closer. I looked back to DooJoon.

 

"Can you wait for a moment? Professor Kang called me." I grinned to apologize to him.

 

"It's fine."

 

"Sorry." I apologized to him. "I won't be long."

 

He just nodded then lowered his phone. I lowered mine too and looked at Professor Kang. I released a sigh then walked toward her.

 

As usual, Professor Kang would introduce me to some people. Usually, they were well-known and influenced people from Art Society. I must to admit that I had wide network because Professor Kang often introduced me to many of her friends from the Art Society. Thanks to her, I knew many people who were famous on Arts.

 

After few chit-chats with them… Well, actually, I got a lot of positive comments about my drawing tonight. The man that Professor Kang greeted earlier was a well-known painter. His name was Jang WooHyung. I knew some of his paintings as I admired them and I also knew that he had just finished his exhibition on other countries. He returned to Korea and Professor Kang contacted him just to tell him about me. He praised me and wished to work with me some times in the future. I just smiled because I didn’t know what to say other than to thank him.

 

After that, I excused my self from them. I went back to see DooJoon. But, when I looked back to where he stood before, he was gone. I looked around and didn't find his figure. I looked at my phone but there were no messages from him.

 

I bit my lip. A thought of I was making him angry and he had left kept bugging my mind. I was taking longer time to talk with those people than I thought. I tried to think where he was as I started to walk toward the exhibiton part.

 

And then...

 

I stopped as I saw a familiar figure standing on the front of my drawing. He was watching my drawing with a smile on his face. I found him at last. I released a sigh and smiled. I really thought that he had gone. But to see him there, it made me relief. I walked toward him.

 

---

Afterword:

Chapter 11 is up~ Fiuh~ I was spending a night to write the chapter~ Hehehe... But I still enjoy to write this fic~ XD

Ah, on this chapter, there is a brief introduction about AeGi's family, or at least about her mom, her sister and her brother. More about AeGi's family, will be revealed in time. I won't say too much spoilers here.

At last, thank you for all who left comments and who clicked on the subscribe button. And to all the silent readers who looked at this fic title and took sometime to read the fic~ Thank you so much... ^^

Now, off I go to work as well as writing the next chapter~ ^^