~Meeting his Friends

Psychology Boyfriend

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?

I've been spending the last couple of days doing SAT Prep stuff, writing up more chapters, and having some family time ^^

Though, I must say I'm a bit sad of the fact that many people aren't commenting as much as they used to :(

But I guess beggers can't be choosers, right? :/

Anyway, I'd love it if all of you readers comment more!

It motivates me to update faster ^^

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                    10/14/11

                     The first week of our ‘relationship’ has passed. And how do I feel about this? Well, I’m feeling good about it. It’s not as bad as I thought it would be, and I actually have something to write about. I wonder if the other couples are getting along like Yun Hee and I are. I guess it would be awkward at first, but then people would get used to it.

                    Actually, when I think about it, it was never really that awkward between Yun Hee and I, even on our first day. Everything felt so surreal and natural, like we’ve been dating for awhile; It feels like this isn’t our first time talking to each other and interacting with each other. Is this what people call fate? Love at first sight? Wait, let me rephrase that: Like at first sight. Is that a weird thing to say? Is it strange that it happened? Honestly, I don’t know, and I don’t think I ever will know.

                    There is one thing I’m wondering though. How will we fare for the rest of this ‘relationship’? Will anything more happen during this period? Anything memorable or meaningful? I guess it’s a time to experiment and experience, but I’m anxious to know what will happen next. What I’m even more curious about is what will happen after this ends. Will we just go back to being strangers, not even glancing at each other in class? Or will we have something more? I’m actually hoping for the latter, but anything could happen at this point. Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing ahead.

                    Well, that’s all I have for today. I’ll write soon. (This is so weird, talking to a diary).

 

Lee Jin Ki

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Aniyo (formal): No

Chincha (informal): Really

Chinchayo (formal): Really

Deh: Yes

Annyeohasaeyo (formal): Hello or Good bye

Annyoung (informal): Hello or Good bye

Cho neun (formal): My name is...

Imnida: Suffix added to the end of your name when introducing yourself

Annyeohasiminikka (formal): Hello or Good bye

Hyung: Name used by a male to address an older guy friend or brother

Sshii: Suffix added to the end of someones name of whom you don't know very well or have high respects for

Daebak: Amazing, incredible

Nyeoja chingu: Girlfriend

 Keu dae yo: Is that so?

 


 

It had been a week since my injury was obtained.  Actually, I think ‘given’ is the right word.  Anyway, the coming Monday, I went to the nurse again so she could check on my arm.  The pain was almost gone now.  It didn’t hurt to move it, but when I carried something heavy or strained it a little too much, I could feel the soreness.  In addition, if someone poked it hard enough, it would hurt.

  Luckily, the nurse said that my arm was healing fine, and I would just have to be careful until it healed completely.  The bruise was turning green and yellowish now, but the nurse told me to keep on applying salt water so the bruise would heal quickly.  In addition, she told me that I wouldn’t have to come every morning anymore, since my arm was healing properly and nothing else was wrong with it.  Standing up and bowing to her, I thanked her gratefully for taking care of me.  I handed her a bag of homemade cookies to show her my appreciation as well.  Smiling, she gave me a hug and I bid her a good day, walking to my locker to get my books for Calculus.

 

Walking into psychology, I was visibly happier.  Even Jin Ki noticed and he grinned as I sat down.

 

“You look happy today.  Want to tell me why?”

“Aniyo.  It’s nothing really.”

“How can it be nothing?  You’re smiling wide from cheek to cheek.”

“It’s just relief.  The nurse said that my arm was healing fine, and that I wouldn’t have to have her check it anymore.  That’s all.”

“Chinchayo?  That is great news.  You’re getting better.”

“Deh, you’re right.”

 

“Attention class!”

 

Ms. Yang had arrived.  We all turned forward in our seats to listen to her instructions.

 

“So, it’s been a week since I’ve assigned the project.  I hope everyone is faring well, yes?”

 

Everyone nodded in the class, except for Hee Mi and Hyuk Ki.  I sighed, looking at Hyuk Ki.  I really did feel sorry for the fact that he was unfortunately paired up with Hee Mi.  I could only imagine what she was doing to him to make him miserable.

 

Ms. Yang looked around the class.

 

“I’m glad to see that many of you are doing well with the project.  I hope that the rest of the 3 months will go just as smoothly for the all of you.  For those who are having a hard time adjusting, I hope you’ll be able to get used to the relationship and be able to complete the project.  Even if you’re having trouble, you can still write about it in the journal.  Instead of writing about the benefits of a relationship, you can write about the troubles that come with it.  Although it isn’t the most ideal thing to write about, I’ll acknowledge it if you don’t get along well with your partner.  Not everyone can be compatible with their partner.”

 

I was very fortunate to have a partner like Jin Ki.  At least we were able to get along and talk to each other comfortably.  I hope that Hee Mi and Hyuk Ki would be able to get along, but something told me that was only wishful thinking.

 

“Anyway, if you do have any questions that come to mind, please don’t hesitate to ask me after class.  With that done, let’s move on.  Our lesson today will be about child development.”

 

When the bell rang for lunch, Jin Ki and I were one of the last ones to walk out of the classroom.  I wanted to finish copying the notes on the board before we left, and ended up staying a little after the bell had rung. Jin Ki stayed as well and waited for me to finish. I noticed that Hyuk Ki was talking with the teacher before leaving, and I sighed as we walked to my locker.

 

“Why are you sighing?  Is something wrong?”

“It’s nothing to do with me.  It’s just…I feel sorry for Hyuk Ki.”

“Why?”

“He has the unfortunate luck of being paired up with Hee Mi.  Don’t you feel bad for him?”

 

Jin Ki frowned and nodded his head.

 

“Yes, I do.  She’s not the best person to be around, and I would know.  She used to throw herself at me all the time.  Makes me wonder if she’s an easy girl or not.”

“Only for you,” I teased.

Jin Ki smirked.

 

“Aren’t I lucky then,” he said sarcastically.  Laughing, we both walked to the cafeteria and got our lunches.  Before I could walk away to my friends, Jin Ki stopped me.

 

“Hey, do you want to eat with my friends today?”

“You want me to?”

“I might as well introduce you to my friends, since you’ve introduced me to yours.”

 

I looked over to our usual corner, but saw that my friends weren’t there.  Then I remembered that they had a meeting today for drama.  Something about final grades.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt to eat with him today.

 

“Sure, why not?”

 

He smiled and led me to his table, which was situated near the center of the cafeteria. It was a little daunting to be walking among the popular crowd, and the stares were frightening.  Never the less, I held my head up high and bravely, arriving at a table with 4 guys sitting at it.  They all looked surprised to see me, but they looked friendly enough.

 

One of them was someone I had seen before.  He was the tall one in my physical education class, and I believe he was the captain of the soccer team as well.  His eyes were large and he looked like someone very insightful, someone who was very observant of things. 

 

The one sitting next to him looked slightly feminine.  He was slim in build, but slightly toned, giving off a manly look at the same time.  He seemed to be very cheerful and happy, like someone I would have an easy time to get along with.

 

On the other side, there was someone whos face resembled a dinosaur, though I don’t know why I thought of that.  Despite this, his face was very handsome, though not my type.  His face held a mischievous smile on his face, as if he was getting ready to tease someone.

 

The last person who sat at the table had a slightly serious face, like he was scrutinizing me or something, but when he smiled, it made me rethink about whether he was serious or not.  He looked like someone who was very detailed and careful about how he looked.  His hair was styled perfectly, and he had an impeccable taste in clothing.

 

Jin Ki took a seat and motioned for me to do the same.  I smiled tentatively and looked around at the people who sat at the table.  Hopefully they would approve of me.  What am I saying, why would they approve me?  It’s not like I’m Jin Ki’s girlfriend or something.  I just hope they like me.

 

“Hey guys.  I just want to introduce you to my friend Yun Hee.”

 

I noticed how he said friend and sighed inwardly.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo. Cho neun Kim Yun Hee imnida.”

“Yun Hee, these people are my friends.”

 

He began to introduce them down the line.

 

“This is Min Ho,”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Choi Min Ho iminda.”

“Tae Min,”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Lee Tae Min inmnida.”

“Ki Bum,”

“Annyoung! Cho neun Kim Ki Bum imnida!”

“and Jong Hyun.”

“Annyeohasiminikka.  Cho neun Kim Jong Hyun imnida.”

“Deh, it’s nice to meet you all.”

“Jin Ki hyung, you picked a good one,” Jong Hyun said jokingly.  Jin Ki punched him in the arm playfully, and I chuckled.

 

Ki Bum leaned forward eagerly, asking me something.

 

“Yun Hee sshii, do you like our Jin Ki hyung?”

 

I blushed slightly, and answered carefully.

 

“He’s…nice.”

“That’s all you can say? Nice?”

“Well, I haven’t known him for that long, so I can’t say much.”

 

Ki Bum nodded and leaned back into his seat, but Jin Ki looked offended.

 

“Am I that detestable?”

“Aniyo!  That’s not it….”

“Then wha—?”

 

Min Ho interrupted him abruptly.

 

“Jin Ki hyung. Why are you introducing her to us only now?”

 

I looked at Min Ho gratefully for changing the subject.  He smiled at me before looking at Jin Ki, waiting for an answer.

 

“Oh, um.  I just thought you guys should meet a new friend I made, that’s all.”

“How did the two of you meet?” Tae Min asked.

“We were assigned a psychology project together.”

 

Jong Hyun looked at me.

 

“What do you have to do for the project?”

 

I looked at Jin Ki, but he glanced back nervously.  Was it possible that he didn’t tell them yet?  Looking back at the group, I asked curiously.

 

“Did Jin Ki not tell you yet?”

“Tell us what?”

 

Jin Ki cleared his throat before answering.

 

“We were assigned a project in psychology, and for that project, we have to ‘date’ each other for 3 months and record a journal for it.”

 

Their eyes grew wide, and darted back between the two of us.  I was a bit nervous about what they would say.

 

Ki Bum pointed to the two of us, confirming what he just heard.

 

“You two have to have a fake relationship for a project?”

 

I nodded my head hesitantly.

 

“Wow.  That’s so weird!”

“But it’s a good thing,” commented Jong Hyun.

“How is it a good thing?” I asked.

“Jin Ki hyung finally has a nyeoja chingu!”

 

I flushed red as Jin Ki glared at Jong Hyun.

 

Tae Min broke the silence.

 

“It’s true though, ever since what happened when he was younger, Jin Ki never talks to girls, at all.  That’s why it’s so surprising to us that he’s introducing you.  The project makes it even more interesting.”

 

“Chincha?”

“Deh, Tae Min is right,” Min Ho agreed.  “We’re just wondering how you did it though.”

“How I did…what?”

“How you melted the ice around his heart!” cried Ki Bum.

 

It sounded so cheesy that I had to laugh.  Pretty soon, everyone else but Jin Ki joined in.  Once the laughter had died down, I shook my head.

 

“Honestly, to answer your question, I don’t know how either.  It was Jin Ki who came to me first.”

“Chinchayo?” Jong Hyun asked incredulously.  “That’s even more daebak.”

“Is it really that amazing?  I just thought he rejected all those girls because he simply wasn’t interested in them.”

“Well, you were right,” said Min Ho, “but that wasn’t the only reason either.

 

He glanced at Jin Ki before continuing.

 

“It’s not our place to tell why, but maybe when Jin Ki hyung feels comfortable, he’ll tell you.

“Ahh, keu dae yo?”

“Yup!  So consider yourself lucky,” Ki Bum said.

 

Nodding, I withdrew to my thoughts as everyone continued to eat their lunch and began talking amongst themselves.  I looked at Jin Ki laughing and talking with his friends and smiled.  Then I thought about what Min Ho, Tae Min, Jong Hyun, and Ki Bum said, and grew even more curious.  Jin Ki had a problem with a girl when he was younger?  I wonder what happened, to the point where he began to detest all girls.  And what’s more, what made me so interesting that he singled me out and began to talk to me?  The questions kept multiplying and multiplying.  I wonder if I’ll ever find the answers to these questions.

 


 

Yay, end of chapter 9! :D

Well, I'm going to ask the all of you a big, huge, gigantic, favor.

Ready for it? Okay...

I'd like to ask the all of you who are reading this story to recommend it to your friends.

And then ask your friends to recommend it to their friends, and so forth.

I want this story to have some publicity so I can increase my views and subscribers.

Call me crazy, but I really want to be a featured story :(

This is the first story where I've had so much responses, so I'd like to aim for that goal.

If you all could help me, I'd be extremely grateful ^^

Anyway, that's all.  See you later!

Remember: Comment and Subscribe

<3 WinterRose

 


 

zoeystar: Yes! You called me awesome xD And thank for saying I get better with every update ^^ Here's another update (I hope I've improved again :D)

ForeverInLove: Thank you for loving the story :) And you're right, I haven't mentioned chicken once in the story yet.  I wanted to go for a more mature and serious Onew, to see what it would be like.  I'm glad you like it though ^^

Vengeance: Haha, yeah.  I couldn't help make him mushy.  He has to have some other character trait besides being cold and moody, right?

theclumsywitch: I'm happy that you're happy ^^ I hope you'll look forward to more Jin Ki POVs, because I'll be doing more of them!

bananaO13: Yup yup, that's Jin Ki for you :] And as for you question...you'll just have to keep reading!

hoshichii: Yes, Onew is in fact, quite jealous.  It was fun writing that chapter, so look out for some more ^^

heechulxjungmin: Omg, thank you for pointing that out to me! You have a very keen eye, don't you o.o xD Yeah, in fact, I typed Hee Mi three times in the wrong place, when it fact it should've been Yun Hee...miahne :( I'll be more thorough next time.  If you do see it again, don't hesitate to tell me :) (it happens, since I'm a fast reader and typer) I am forever grateful to you!

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Yay, you loved it! hehe.  Here's another update!