~First Date

Psychology Boyfriend

Yay! It's another update ^^

I'm very thrilled with the number of responses to the last chapter, so if you give me the same amount this time....

I'll reward you all with an even quicker update :)

Again, as I've asked everyone in the previous chapter, it would be appreciated if you helped me promote my story.

Just showing to one of your friends will do, and asking him/her to do the same will do tremendously well :D

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Nodding, I withdrew to my thoughts as everyone continued to eat their lunch and began talking amongst themselves. I looked at Jin Ki laughing and talking with his friends and smiled. Then I thought about what Min Ho, Tae Min, Jong Hyun, and Ki Bum said, and grew even more curious. Jin Ki had a problem with a girl when he was younger? I wonder what happened, to the point where he began to detest all girls. And what’s more, what made me so interesting that he singled me out and began to talk to me? The questions kept multiplying and multiplying. I wonder if I’ll ever find the answers to these questions

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Umma (infromal): Mom

Eomonim (formal): Mother

Appa (informal): Dad

Namja chingu: Boyfriend

Annyoung (informal): Hello or Good bye

Annyeohasaeyo (formal): Hello or Good bye

Miahne (informal): Sorry

Yeobosaeyo: Greeting used when answering the phone

Deh (formal): Yes

Aniyo (formal): No

Chingu: Friend

Bu In: Wife

Arasso: Yes or all right

Yeobo: Means honey.  Usually used by the wife to call her husband affectionately

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

Keun dae: But 

Keu reom nyo: Of course

Nappeun Saram: Bad person

Waeyo (formal): Why

Bwoh: What

Oppa: Name given by a female for an older brother, buy friend, or boyfriend

Yaksok: Promise

Keu dae yo: Really, is that so, seriously

 


 

The week passed by quickly, and soon Friday was upon us.  I was able to grow closer to Jin Ki’s friends, and in turn, he grew closer with mine.  It was to the point were my friends were no longer that much obsessed with seeing him.  He wasn’t The Lee Jin Ki anymore, just simply Jin Ki instead.  There were times, though, when they would spazz out when he wasn't there. Still, it was nice that we all got along, though I had no idea what would happen after our three months together.  I guess we’ll cross the bridge when we come to it, yes?

 

After the bell rang for the end of school, I walked out of the locker room, letting my hair down from its ponytail.  I took out my cell phone to check what time it was before someone called my name.  Turning around, I saw Jin Ki walking up to me.

 

“Oh, annyoung!”

“Annyoung.  I guess you didn’t see me over there.”

 

He pointed behind me to the bench outside the locker room, grinning at me.

 

“Miahne.  I was checking the time on my phone.  I have to leave on time to catch the bus.”

 

We both walked to the front of the school.  I looked at him and noticed that he was slightly fidgeting, like he was nervous or something.  We arrived at the bus stop, and sat down on the bench to wait.  I looked at my cellphone clock, and saw that it was only 5 minutes until the bus would arrive.  Jin Ki, who had stayed quiet since he greeted me finally turned to me and said something.

 

“Could I have your number?”

 

Smiling, I nodded.  He handed me his phone and I punched in the numbers quickly, sending a call to my phone so I could get his number.  Even though we’ve been ‘together’ for two weeks, it never occurred to us to exchange numbers.

 

“Funny how we didn’t do this earlier,” I said smiling.

Smirking, Jin Ki said, “I guess it skipped our minds."

 

I heard the brakes and looked over to see the bus had arrived.  Standing up, I pulled on my bag and waved bye, wishing Jin Ki a nice weekend before stepping on the bus.  I had hardly stepped on when he stopped me.

 

“Wait!”

 

Turning around, I looked at him perplexed.

 

“Yes?”

“W…will you go on a date with me?”

 

My heart raced at the sound of those words.  He wanted to go on a date with me? 

 

“Will you?” He asked me with hope in his eyes, as if thinking that I would reject him.

 

Nodding, I smiled.

 

“Yes.”

 

And the doors of the bus closed in front of me, moving on to another stop.  I climbed up the rest of the steps and took a seat quickly, blushing at the though of everyone staring, waiting for me to get on the bus.  I fought the urge to scream.  It wouldn’t do to have people thinking that I’m strange (though I probably am anyway).  I would save that for when I got home and had closed the door to my room.

 

I walked through the door when I arrived home and greeted Umma.  She asked how my day went, and as usual I told her nothing special had happened.  I didn’t want to tell her I was going on a date…yet.  I didn’t even know where we were going.  Going up to my room, I closed the door and jumped onto my bed, burying my head in my pillows before screaming.  Hopefully Umma didn’t hear that.  I was ecstatic!  I mean, how could I not be?  It was my first date ever, and with the school’s most popular guy.  Okay, that sounds a bit stereotypical, like the nerd dating the jock, but I ceased to care anymore.  Still, the reminder of the fake project always stayed on my mind.  It was better not to get so close so the separation would be easier.  That thought didn’t stay in my head for long though.  I was too happy to care.  What would one little date do?  It’s part of the project anyway, something else to write about in the journal.

 

Before I could scream some more, my phone rang, telling me someone was calling.  Looking at the caller id, I saw that it was Jin Ki.  Taking a deep breath, I answered the call calmly.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yun Hee?”

“Deh.  Annyeohasaeyo Jin Ki.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.”

 

There was a silence on the phone.  I had nothing to really say, so I wondered why he called.

 

“Did you want to talk about something?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, um…When are you free this weekend?”

“Um, I’m free the whole weekend.  I don’t have anything in particular to do, besides homework of course, but that’s it.”

“Would you be free on Saturday night after 5 pm then?”

“Of course.”

“Great.  I’ll pick you up tomorrow night then.”

"Sounds great.  Do you have a pen and paper nearby?  I'll give you my address."

"No, it's fine.  I don't need it."

“And how can you say that?  You don’t know where my house is,” I said jokingly.

“That’s what you think, but I have my ways,” he said, his voice amused.

“Arasso.  I guess I’ll just have to see it then, won’t I?”

“I guess you will.  Anyway, I have to go.  I’ll see you tomorrow at 5 pm.”

“Deh, annyoung.”

“Annyoung.”

 

And he hung up a few seconds after.  Setting my phone down, I started jumping around my room, but realized that I was probably making some noise for Umma downstairs, so I stopped.  I couldn’t take the grin off my face though, which probably means I’m super happy. 

 

Where were we going?  What were we going to do?  Why did he want to go on a date with me?  Does he see me more than a friend?  What was going to come out of this?  Was I getting too happy for nothing? And most of all, would I regret this?

 

All these questions swarmed in my head and were starting to give me a headache, so I just decided not to think to hard anymore, and to just go with the flow. Going downstairs, I helped Umma with dinner. When Appa came home, we all sat down to eat.  After eating for awhile, I decided it was time for me to ask for permission to go on the ‘date’, but I didn’t know how to do it.  Looking up at my parents, I cleared my throat and got their attention.

 

“Umma, Appa, there’s something I need to ask you.”

“What is it honey?” Umma asked.

“Well, tomorrow night around 5, is it all right if I go out with a friend?”

“Who is this friend, exactly?  Is it Hye Mi? Ji Eun or Ha Ni?” Appa prompted.

“Aniyo.  I made a new friend, and he just wants to hang out, that’s all.”

“He?” Appa seemed a bit worried to hear that it was a guy that I was going out with.

“Yun Hee ah, you got a boyfriend and you didn’t tell us?!” Umma asked accusingly.

“Deh? Aniyo! It’s nothing like that,” I said hurriedly.  It was true though, we weren’t really going out.

“Of course you can go!” Umma said excitedly.

 

Appa and I looked at her curiously.  Did she just say I can go?

 

“Deh? I can go Umma?”

“Of course you can! It’s about time you’ve found a boyfriend!”

“Umma, it’s nothing like that.  We’re just friends! He’s a chingu!”

“I don’t know about this Bu In,” Appa said apprehensively.

“Oh yeobo, just let her go.  She’s old and responsible enough.  If it makes you feel better, she can introduce him to you, arasso?”

 

Appa hesitated before nodding.

 

“Arasso, just be careful and come home by 11.”

“Deh Appa.  Gomawayo.  Keun dae Umma, Jin Ki isn’t my namja chingu.  He’s just a chingu, nothing more.”

“Oh stop hiding things Yun Hee.  You know I’m fine with you dating, as long as you be responsible.”

“Umma!”

 

She just giggled and continued to eat her dinner, talking to herself in a soft voice.  I sighed and shook my head, looking at my father, who simply shrugged his shoulders.  There was no way to change Umma’s mind when she had it set on something.

 

Once we had finished eating, Appa retreated to his office to finish work while Umma and I washed the dishes.

 

“Yun Hee ah,” Umma began.

“Deh Umma?”

“You know how your father is protective of you right?”

“Yes.”

“I hope you’ll be careful tomorrow night.  Be responsible.”

“Keu rem nyo.  I will be Umma, you don’t have to worry about that, and neither does Appa.”

“I know, I just can’t help reminding you.  It’s a umma thing.”

“Deh Umma.  I understand.”

“So, who is this namja chingu’s name?”

“It’s Lee Jin Ki, and Umma, I told you.  He isn’t my namja chingu!”

“Of course he’s not your namja chingu, and what a nice name!  He must be handsome!”

 

Umma started laughing, and I shook my head, before joining in.

 

When I woke up the next morning, the thought of the date was the first thing that went through my mind.  I started feeling butterflies, and it was only 9 in the morning!  Getting up, I refreshed myself before getting some breakfast.  Umma and Appa were downstairs getting ready to leave for work.  They kissed me bye and both left at 9:30.  I was to spend the rest of the morning by myself alone in the house.  After getting some breakfast, I decided to work on some homework, so  I wouldn’t have to worry about it later.  Once I had finished, I decided to do some chores before lunch.  I had to do something, or else all I would think about is the date, and that wouldn’t do me any good. 

 

After finishing the chores and eating lunch, I decided to take a break and read.  Pulling out a book from my bookshelf, I settled down on my bed and began reading.  When I looked up, I saw that it was already 3 in the afternoon.  Umma would be home by now, but I guess I didn’t hear her come through the door.  I walked out of my room and found Umma sitting at the counter taking a rest from her work. 

 

“Hi Umma.”

“Hello dear.  Are you ready to go yet?”

“I’ll get ready soon.  I’m just getting a drink of water.  Do you know when Appa is coming home?”

“He’s working overtime a little bit today, so he won’t be home until 7 tonight.”

“Ah, I guess he won’t be able to meet Jin Ki today.  There will be other times I suppose.”

“Of course there will.  Now you run along and get ready.  We wouldn’t want you to be late to your date, would we?”

“Arasso Umma.  I’ll get going now.”

 

I walked up to my room and opened the doors to my closet.  I never understood why Umma gave me a room with such a big closet, but I guess it comes in handy sometimes.  It’s more space to store stuff!  Okay, and more clothes too.  Umma really did spoil me too much, but it was probably because I was her only daughter.  Oppa had gone to college abroad starting last year, and I was the only one left in the house.  I felt bad every time she insisted to buy me more clothes, but she told me that she was happy to, and money wasn’t a problem.  At least now I had more clothing choices and some fashion sense? 

 

Looking through my wardrobe, I contemplated what to wear.  It shouldn’t be too formal, but it shouldn’t be too casual either.  Maybe I could go for the casual but elegant looking.  After trying on several things, I finally settled on one outfit.

 

I wore a cream crinkled chiffon shirt and threw on a tan and black blazer.  To finish the look, I threw on some jeans and slipped on some heels.  The weather was getting cooler now, but it wasn’t cold enough to wear a coat, so I settled with this.  For my hair, I slightly curled it and put on a flower headband.  Topping it all off, I wore a fake pearl necklace.

 

http://static.moo-shop.com/i/products/yesstyle/contrast-lapel-blazer-2.jpg

 

As for my face, I put on some moisturizer and some lip gloss.  I wasn’t a fan of make up anyway.  Looking at the clock, I saw that it was only 4:00 pm.  Looks like I’ll have to kill some time.  Maybe I can finish that book I was reading.  Picking up the book, I settled down on the bed and opened the book at where I left off.

 

At 4:50, I heard the doorbell ring and my heart nearly stopped.  I listened and heard Umma opening the door, welcoming the guest in.  Then she called me.

 

“Yun Hee ah, come down.  We have a guest!”

“Deh Umma!”

 

I grabbed my purse then proceeded to walk out of my room and down the stairs.  True to his word, Jin Ki somehow managed to find the location of my house without having me giving him directions.  I smiled shyly as I walked up to him.

 

“Well Yun Hee, why don’t you introduce your namja chingu to me.”

 

I flushed red as she said that and looked at Jin Ki nervously.  He seemed to have a smirk on his face.

 

“Umma, I told you.  He’s not my namja chingu.  He’s my friend, and his name is Lee Jin Ki.  Jin Ki, this is my Umma.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  It’s nice to meet you.”

 

Jin Ki bowed 90 degrees to show sign of respect.

 

“Deh deh.  Don’t be so formal Jin Ki ah.  I see Yun Hee’s namja chingu as my own son, so don’t be a stranger, hmm?”

“Deh, kamsamhamnida.”

“Well, I shouldn’t keep you waiting.  Run along now and have fun.  Jin Ki, do have her home by 11 please.”

“I will eomonim.”

“Have fun Yun Hee.”

“Annyoung Umma.”

 

I led Jin Ki out the door and Umma waved bye before closing it shut.  I groan as we walked down the porch steps.

 

“Sorry about that.  She refuses to understand that we aren’t going out.”

“I don’t mind,” Jin Ki said with an amused grin.

“I like the fact that she thinks we’re going out, since technically we are.”

“Deh…I guess so.”

 

There was an awkward silence, but it wasn’t there for long.

 

“Anyway, what do you have planned for us today?”

With a serious face, Jin Ki said, “what do I have planned for us today?  You were supposed to do that.”

“Bwoh?”

 

The look on my face must have been priceless, because Jin Ki broke out laughing.  It was then that I realized that I was taking things to seriously.  I began to blush as he laughed his head off.  When his laughter finally died down, he tugged one of my curls affectionately and looked at me.

 

“Yun Hee ah, you’re being too serious.  I was only joking.  What kind of person would I be to ask you out and expect you to plan the date?”

“A nappeun saram indeed.”

“But I’m already a nappeun saram.”

“Waeyo?”

 

I was curious to know why he said that.  Did he do something wrong?

 

He avoided my glance before looking back.

 

“Aniyo, it’s nothing.”

 

He quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me along the sidewalk.  We stopped in front of a car and he opened the passenger door for me.  Looking at him questioningly, I decided to let this one go...for now.  Slipping to the seat, he closed the door and walked to the driver’s side while I buckled my seatbelt.  Starting up the engine once he got in, he slowly inched out of his parking space and drove off.

 

“You know, you never told me where we were going.”

“I thought we could go to the beach and watch the sunset before going to eat.”

Jokingly, I replied, “I didn’t know Lee Jin Ki was a romantic."

“Well, now you know.”

 

He grinned before focusing back on the road.

 

After about half an hour, we finally arrived at the beach.  The sun was on its way to setting, but it hadn’t quite gotten there yet, so we decided to walk around a bit before watching the sun set.  As soon as we got out of the car, Jin Ki walked over and grasped my hand.  Walking along the sidewalk, we were silent for awhile, but I was determined to change that.  Questions have been swarming in my head, and it’s time I’ve found answers to them.

“Jin Ki…”

“What is it?”

“Can I ask you a couple of things?”

“Go ahead.”

“On that first day, when we were assigned the project,” I began.

“What about it?”

“What prompted you to help me when you saw me on the floor?”

 

He was quiet for a little while before he began to speak.

 

“Honestly, I don’t know either.  There was just something about you that drew me in.”

“You make me sound so bad,” I teased.

“No, I’m not, and it’s true.  I’ve never noticed you before, but after we became partners, it was like I discovered something.  I just had to help you, and after seeing you injured, who would I be to leave you alone?”

“But normally, someone would have led me to the nurse and then leave, not carry my bag around, get me lunch, sit by me in class, and walk me to classes either.  Why did you do that?”

“Like I said, I don’t know.  Miahne.”

“Mmm…”

 

Although I didn’t understand his mind, it wasn't any better that he couldn’t either.  I guess my search for answers tonight were pointless, but I had to keep trying.

 

“And you know, that day, when I told you I would eat with my friends…”

“Hmmm?”

“Why were you mad when I saw you in class?”

 

I looked at him expectantly, waiting for an answer, and saw that he blushed slightly.

 

“For that question, I won’t give you an answer.”

“Waeyo oppa?”

“It’s nothing…”

“Oppa, please tell me!”

 

He looked at me before shaking his head.

 

“Aniyo…it’s too embarrassing.”

“I won’t laugh, yaksok.”

“It’s nothing really…I was just…jealous I guess.”

“Jealous? Of what?”

 

It was the first time I’ve ever heard of this, and I wondered what he could be jealous about.

 

“You chose your friends over me…”

“Ah, oppa.  You really are simpleminded.”

“I told you it’s embarrassing!”

“Oppa, you have to know that I didn’t know you well at the time, so I didn’t think there was any reason for me to eat with you. You had your own friends and I had mine.  Who was I to bother you?”

“True, but—”

“But what?”

“Nothing…”

“You’re right, there is nothing to say.  I’m sorry for making you jealous oppa, but I didn’t mean to.  Keun dae…why were you jealous in the first place?”

“I don’t know, don’t ask me that.”

 

Was it because he actually liked me? No, what was I thinking?  It probably was just because he was popular and I chose my friends over him.

 

“Ah, so you were just jealous…I understand now, sort of.”

“Do you?” He laughed quietly to himself. “Was that all you wanted to know?”

"Another thing...Why did you say you were a nappeun saram before?"

 

Jin Ki looked at me irritably before speaking.

 

"Didn't I tell you it was nothing?"

"You did, but I'm not listening.  It must mean something if you said that."

 

Jin Ki refused to look at my face as he contemplated about whether he should tell me or not.  After awhile, he sighed.

 

"There really is no hidden meaning to it.  I'm just being practical, of some sorts.  I feel bad for drawing you into this.  What if something happens after this is over?  You were hesitant to start it, but I was the one who prompted you, so it would be my fault if anything bad occured."

 

He looked like he had something else to say, but I didn't push it.  He gave me an answer, and that was enough.

 

"Well.  If it's about that, then you don't have to worry.  It's not entirely your fault, since I made the choice as well.  So we're even there."

 

He smiled grimly.

 

"If you say so.  Anyway, was that it?"

“Mmm, well there’s something else, but I think I’ll save that for later.”

“Keu dae yo?”

“It’s a bit...touchy.  I don’t want to pry.”

“Arasso.”

“Gomawayo.”

“What are you thanking for?”

“For answer my questions, even if partially.”

“Aniyo, it’s nothing.”

 

We smiled and looked out toward the sea.  We had been talking for awhile now, and time had passed.  It was about 6:30 now, and the sun was beginning to set.  Taking a seat on a bench, we sat quietly and watched the sun disappear underneath the horizon.

 


 

Well, end of chapter 10...hyu~

Hard to believe we're this far already.

But don't worry, I still have lots up my sleeve ^^

By the way, I'm sorry for those who subscribed on the 25th or so.

For some reason, the website must have been glitched or something, because the notices for "New Subscibers!" came up late.

It was sometime on the 27th, so I wasn't able to give my thanks right after you subscribed. Sorry for that!

You're subscription is much appreciated! <33333 

Anyway, Subscribe and Comment!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

zoeystar: Aww, you're too kind ^^ I'm actually already happy with the compliment of daebak, so no worries on finding new adjectives..though if you do, I'll be even more happy ^^ Hope you like this update!

q-tpie: Welcome to my story, and I'm glad you've come across it!  I totally understand what you mean.  These kinds of stories makes them seem more normal, right?  I hope I won't disappoint you if I say that I won't actually incorporate 'SHINee' in this story.  I'm intending on keeping it 'normal', if you get what I mean.  Miahne T.T But, gomawayo for the compliments ^^

Ricexpuff:  Yay, this is one of your favorite stories :)  It makes me very happy to see that ^^  I hope you like his extra long update! (Well, at least, that's what I hope it is xD)

Sparklicious22: Here's an update for you!  And about why Jin Ki hates girls....you're going to have to wait :/  I can't tell you when you'll find out, but I promise, you will! :D (Don't be too mad at me :/)

bananaO13: Uh, I can't answer that question yet, but I will definitely do so in the future (Again, please don't be too upset with me!) And I'm glad you think Ki Bum is funny ^^ He's the mood creater of the group.

rialoves: Thank you for your compliment!  I'm trying to get better everyday :)

Maiko_chan: Better believe it...you already ate with them! xD And thank you so much for your help with promoting the story ^^ Cookies for you!

leeminhyun13: Will do, so here's another update!

SHINeepoofs: Aww, thank you! It means so much to see you say that ^^ (I can't hear text, but I can see it :p) I'm glad I was able to write a story that suited to your preferences, so I hope you like this update!

Vengeance: Thank you so much for helping me promote the story! And as for your question, you'll have to wait and see...Miahne (don't be too mad at me!)

hoshichii: Lol, I'm glad the descriptions suited to your taste :D And, thank you for helping me promote the story! Daebak!!!

ForeverInLove: Yeah, serious Onew is awesome too! And I understand.  We're all used to our loveable, dorky, dubu leader.  Who knows, I might bring it to the story :/ ^^

starlove: I know you're at camp right now, so I hope that when you read this, you've come back safe and sound with some great memories! And as for the math...yes it is Pre-Cal, though, technically, it's still Calc xD I didn't want to type up some elaborate math concept that no one would really want to read (I don't think I would want to even type it up :p) And you're lucky, being a math person...I wish I was xD I'm more of a English or History person, though I don't particularly excel in either...:/