~Halloween

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello everyone ^^ I hope you liked the chapter I updated earlier this week.

I just updated on Wednesday, so you know what did happen next before reading this chapter.

I didn't want to make you wait two weeks to find out the continuation of the plot xD

This chapter is a filler chapter of some sorts; it isn't related to the plot line, but does involve it's characters.

I might change that later, but even if I do, it won't affect the story line what so ever.

Anyway, the point of this chapter is to get into the spirit of Halloween. 

I hope those of you who will be trick-or-treating next Monday will be safe and have fun!

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Keu cho: That's right

Han bon man: Just for once

Naega kalkae: I'll go

Assa: Yes! Hooray! Yippee! etc..

Abeonim (formal): Father in law / father of a friend

Eomonim (formal): Mother in law/ mother of a friend

Annyeohikyesaeyo (formal): Good bye

Sam ship peun: 30 minutes

Yeokshi: Of course, looks like, seriously. Ex: Seriously, we really are a couple; Looks like we really are couple

 


 

Halloween: A day for you to be anyone you want to be. It’s a day for mystery and horror, whichever direction you decide to go in; it’s a day for fun, a day to let loose and be crazy.

 

That wasn’t me.  I had stopped trick-or-treating since 1st grade, and found no fun in horror, since I would be plagued with nightmares if I ever saw anything scarier than a bug being squashed.  Sure, I was a scaredy cat, and there was really nothing I could do about it.  I just settled for handing out candy when candy goers came and then went back to my own business.  Usually it was homework, and I would have to move from my sanctuary from my room to the living room coffee table, just so I could be near the door to answer it.

 

Umma never understood why I was such a downer on such holidays.  To her, I was in the time of my golden years, and I should be out having fun instead of staying at home to study or do homework.  Since I refused to go trick-or-treating, she forced me to hand out candy every year.  I really didn’t understand why she made such a big deal out of it, but it was no use to argue with her.  She always got her way, and it was just a waste of breath to even try to argue.

 

This year, however, was a little different.  After being acquainted with Jin Ki’s friends, I found that Tae Min was quite the Halloween fanatic.  He loved watching horror movies, and he had gone candy hunting almost every year that allowed him to.  This year, he declared that he was free of homework (meaning he didn’t have much and could finish it after coming home from trick-or-treating) and tried to persuade the all of us to go with him. I was of course, reluctant to go.

 

“Tae Min ah, aren’t you a little too old to be candy hunting at this time of the year?”

 

               He looked at me accusingly, and I could tell that I had offended him.

 

“How can you say that? It’s never too late to go trick-or-treating!”

“But we don’t all have the leisure to go have fun like that, especially on a school night,” Min Ho explained rationally. 

“Come on! All of you guys are geniuses, and you have to worry about school work?  Live a little!”

 

Ki Bum, who loved dressing up, no matter what occasion, was being swayed.

 

“Tae Min’s right you know.  We haven’t done anything like this for awhile, and there isn’t that much homework tonight.  Maybe if we work at it before we go, we won’t have that much to finish when we get home.”

“Keu cho! Gomawayo Ki Bum hyung.  You understand me.”

 

Ki Bum smirked and then continued to eat his lunch.  Tae Min turned his gaze to the rest of us, trying to see if we would give into his aegyo.

 

“Please! This could be the last time that we can do this.  Who knows what will happen when we go to college.  We’ll be swamped under with work and won’t be able to have fun!”

“So you’re saying we don’t have a lot of homework now?”

 

Min Ho asked sarcastically.  Tae Min just stared at him pointedly until Min Ho gave up and raised his hands in surrender.

 

“Arasso, arasso.  You’re right, we should let loose and have some fun for a change.  I’m in.”

 

The only people left to be persuaded were Jong Hyun, Jin Ki, and I.

 

Jong Hyun just continued to eat his lunch and gave in coolly.

 

“I’ll go.  I probably don’t have anything better to do anyway.  Maybe something interesting will happen.”

 

Tae Min nodded and then turned to look at me.

 

“Please Yun Hee? Han bon man?  You might find Halloween to be really fun!  Jin Ki hyung, persuade Yun Hee to go, please?”

 

Jin Ki looked at me and then back at Tae Min.

 

“I’ll go if Yun Hee goes.”

 

I glared at him for putting all the pressure on me.  Now, I had all five guys looking at me, waiting for my response.  I sighed and gave in, knowing Tae Min wouldn’t let me off I stayed out of the group gathering.

 

“Arasso...naega kalkae, but only because you guys want me too.”

“Assa!”

 

Tae Min jumped up in excitement, causing the whole cafeteria to look at him in curiosity.  He blushed and sat down again, clearing this throat while the rest of us snickered.

 

“You must be really excited about this Halloween stuff, aren’t you?” I asked amusedly.

“Yup, and now that you’re going, it’ll be even better!”

 

*****

 

When I got home, I reluctantly dragged myself to the kitchen to ask Umma about going out tonight.  I was a bit worried about her reaction, but never the less, I had to get this over with.

 

“Umma.”

 

She was going through some paperwork on the kitchen counter, and looked up when I had entered the kitchen.

 

“Yes, honey?”

“I was wondering if I could go out tonight.”

“But it’s Halloween.  You have to stay home to hand out candy.”

“That’s the thing, I’m going trick-or-treating this year.”

 

Umma’s face stretched into a grin as she realized what I had said.

 

“Well, of course you can go out tonight. I knew one day you would see my point of view! As long as you have your homework done, then it should be fine.  Who are you going with?”

“Jin Ki and his friends.”

“Arasso.  Just remember to be safe.”

“I will Umma, and gomawayo.”

“Of course dear.  Now run along and get your work done, or else you won’t be able to go tonight.”

 

I nodded and kissed Umma before going up to my room.  Taking out my books, I began working on my homework, doing as much as I could within the 4 hours that I had. Luckily, just as Ki Bum said, we didn’t have much work to do tonight, and at the pace I was going, I was able to finish everything by 4:45 pm.  I still had some studying to do, but all that could be done after I came home from tonight. 

 

We were meeting at the park at 6:00 pm before going to hunt for candy, so that mean I had some time to get ready and eat an early dinner.  When I went downstairs to make a quick dinner, it dawned on me that I had to costume to wear.  Since I hadn’t planned to go trick-or-treating until today, I had nothing prepared.  I hurriedly ate my dinner and went back up to my room.  Maybe I can fix something up with what I had in my wardrobe.

 

 Looking at the clock, I saw that it was about 5:00 pm.  This meant I would have roughly 45 minutes to get ready before Jin Ki came to pick me up.  Throwing the doors to my closet open, I racked my brain and scanned my clothes to see what I could be for tonight.  A fairy? No, I didn’t feel like wearing a dress; you never know what might happen at night, and I didn’t have any wings to really be a fairy anyway.  How about Pikachu? On second though, never mind.  Tae Min said he was going to go as that.  What else could I be?

 

Pacing around my room, my eyes fell on the glasses that Ji Eun had given me.  They were large rimmed glasses without any glass in them.  I guess you could call them nerd glasses, the ones that people wore just to wear.  That’s it! I could be a nerd girl.  It was slightly cliché (not to mention stereotypical), and not very creative, but I was on a time limit, so it would do. 

 

I pulled out a graphic t-shirt and threw it on, adding on some heart print tights and jean shorts.  To finish off the look, I added some clip on suspenders and some high top converse.  For my hair, I tied it into a high side ponytail, tying it with a hair tie with a black and white plaid bow.  To finish off the look, I put on the glasses. Looking at myself in the mirror, I checked to see if I looked all right.  After being satisfied with my “costume” I checked my homework again before going downstairs with my candy collecting bag and my hand phone.

 

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=38412448

 

Appa had just arrived home, so when he saw me with my outfit and bag, he looked at me curiously.

 

“Why are you wearing that Yun Hee?  I don’t recall you wearing that to school today.”

“I didn’t.  I’m dressed like this because I’m going trick-or-treating tonight.”

 

This made him look at me in surprise.  It wasn’t a secret that things such as candy hunting was not on my agenda for fun.

 

“Why are you going? I thought you didn’t like it.”

“My friends persuaded me to go, and I didn’t want to be a kill joy.”

“Are you sure you want to go?”

 

I shrugged my shoulders.

 

“I have all my homework done, and who knows? I might just find it fun, after missing out on all those years.”

 

Umma, came into the living room when she heard our conversation and stood by Appa, smiling at me.

 

“Isn’t it great that Yun Hee is having fun yeobo?”

“You’re happy that she’s going out?”

“Keu reom nyo! She’s been missing out on her teen years.  Who knows when she’ll have the time to do this again.  You aren’t going to keep her from going, are you?”

 

Appa looked at me and then Umma.  Something in Umma’s face, although it was smiling, told Appa not to argue with her.

 

“Of course not.  She can go, but as long as she stay’s safe and introduces me to who she’s going with, then it should be fine,”

“I’m going with Jin Ki oppa and his friends.  That should be okay, right?”

 

Appa nodded.

 

“Just tell me before you go.”

“Actually, I think he should be here…”

 

The doorbell rang while I was speaking.

 

“…right about now.”

 

I went over to the door and opened it, revealing a costume clad Jin Ki.  With large rimmed glasses and suspenders much like mine, I realized that he must have decide to be a nerd last minute as well.  The only difference was that he was wearing tan slacks, a blue collared shirt, and his glasses were white compated to my black ones. Before I could say anything, Umma spoke up.

 

“Yun Hee, are you going to be rude and not invite Jin Ki in?”

“Deh Umma.”

 

I opened the door wider for Jin Ki to step into the house.  Once he did, he bowed to my parents and shook Appa’s hands.

 

“Yeobo, isn’t that cute? They did a couple costume!”

 

Appa grinned and nodded, slightly humoring Umma.

 

“You two do look quite nice.  Now hurrying along and have some fun.  Please take care of Yun Hee, Jin Ki.”

“Deh abeonim, eomonim. Annyeohikyesaeyo.”

“Annyoung Umma, Appa.”

 

Jin Ki and I then walked out of the house and closed the door.  We both looked at each other and grinned.

 

“I like your costume oppa, very original.”

 

He smirked and looked at me before speaking.

 

“I like yours as well.  Very Halloween-ish” 

 

He slipped his hand into mine as we walked down the driveway and toward the park, where we were to meet the rest of the guys. 

 

“How did you know that I was going to dress like a nerd?”

“I didn’t.  I was racking my brain to think up of a costume in sam ship peun, and I saw the glasses Ji Eun gave me, so I just decided to dress like one.  How did you know I was going to dress like one?”

“I didn’t know either.  I just saw the suspenders in my closet and decided to go with it.”

“Yeokshi.  We really are a couple.”

 

We both laughed as we arrived at the park and searched for the rest of the group.  Ki Bum saw us and waved us over; they were all around a bench near the street.  Walking up closer, they looked at us in amusement, and I already knew why.

 

“Wow you two, very cute idea.  A couple Halloween costume,” Key commented.

 

“On my and Jin Ki’s behalf, we did no planning on this whasoever.  It just happened.”

“What ever you say Yun Hee!” Jong Hyun teased.

 

I simply shook my head at their comments.  Focusing again, I took in their costumes.

 

Min Ho, who was an avid athlete, was wearing his soccer uniform.  The only thing he wasn’t wearing was his cleats.  He said he only wore them on the field; wearing them anywhere else would ruin them.

 

 Tae Min, like I said earlier, was a Pikachu.  He wore a yellow t-shirt, yellow jeans, and yellow sneakers.  If you turned him around, you could see the brown stripes seen on a Pikachu on his back and a tail.  On his head was a headband with the ears.  To complete the look, he drew on the red cheeks and black nose.

 

Jong Hyun was dressed as genie. He had a tank top on the inside and layered a vest on top.  For his pants, he wore those poofy kinds, the ones associated with genies.  On his head was a small cap that stayed on his head with the use of a string strap. 

 

Finally, Ki Bum was dressed as Totoro.  He had a white shirt that had gray upside down v marks and wore some gray jeans and sneakers.  Strapped to a gray belt was a long and furry tail and to finish the look, he had a headband with ears on his head. 

 

“Well, since we’re all together, lets get going.  I want to make sure I hit all of the houses in this area before going home!”

 

Tae Min pumped his fist before leading the rest of us off to our first house to seek our treasure.

 

"I wonder how big his definition of area is," I muttered under my breath. 

 

Apparently, I wasn't being quiet enough, since Jin Ki and everyone around me heard and laughed.  If Tae Min heard it, he chose to ignore it and kept on walking.  

 

Overall, the whole night was very fun (this was from 6-7:30 pm, so don’t think I stayed out the whole night!).  Everyone was excited with all the energy, and having everyone else there made the night all the better. I brought along my camera, so I took plenty of pictures to capture the night on film. When we all finally decided to go home—correction: when we all managed to persuade Tae Min to go home—I was exhausted.  Jin Ki walked me home and kissed me on the forehead before watching me go in.  I shyly waved bye before closing the door and greeting my parents. I still wasn’t used to the forehead kisses.

 

“Did you have fun?”

“Deh Umma.  I left the candy in the cupboard so you can check it later.  I’ll go change and study now.”

 

She smiled at me before nodding and letting me go up to my room.  Changing into my pajamas, I took out my books and studied a bit before completing my nightly routine and going to bed.  Holding my camera in my hands, I flipped through the pictures and smiled. 

 Maybe Halloween wasn’t so bad after all.

 


 

Well, that was this filler (?) chapter.

Btw, this was what I was thinking of when I described Jin Ki:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ImXveqoqRE/Tfz0ZgUOEJI/AAAAAAAAA7A/tKCoXEBH-R4/s1600/110616_maypole_wallpaper_onew_1280x1024%255B1%255D.jpg

and:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-11qcCfhUKe0/Tc1h5fQCeCI/AAAAAAAAecA/b0AjXaXr1zo/s1600/SHINee%2B01.jpg

I actually haven't been trick-or-treating since 1st grade. 

I never had anyone to take me, and I was fine with it.  I wasn't a big fan of candy anyway. 

But for some reason this year, I feel like going, just for the hec of it, just like Yun Hee.

Too bad I don't have Jin Ki and the rest of SHINee to go with me xD

Oh wells :/

See you next week yeorobun!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose