~Beating Around the Bush

Psychology Boyfriend

Another update in one day ^^

I'm really happy how the story is progressing...

But, some of you have it slightly mixed up...

Jin Ki didn't officially ask Yun Hee to be his girlfriend yet, so they aren't exactly going out..

He only asked her if she wanted to have a real relationship after the project ends

Sorry for the misunderstanding (don't be too mad at me :/)

But, it will be all cleared up in this chapter...I hope xD

 


 

Previous Chapter:

I think I stood there for a full 5 minutes, frozen like a statue touching the spot where she kissed me. I couldn’t get the dazed look off my face, even when I got home. I don’t even know how I got into my room, though I do remember greeting my parents as I arrived home and tripping up the stairs. After closing the door to my room, I ran and threw myself on my bed. Taking in a deep breath, I let out a satisfied sigh. 

Tonight was a great night.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Appa (informal): Dad

Umma (informal): Mom

Oppa: Name used my a female to address her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Keun Dae: But

Yeobo: Usually used by a wife to call her husband

Bu In: Wife

Arasso: Okay or all right

Chinchayo (formal): Really

Aniyo (formal): No

Yeobosaeyo: Greeting used when answering the phone

Deh (formal): Yes

Miahne (informal): Sorry

 


 

What in the world gave me the courage to do that?!  I just ran up to Jin Ki and kissed him! Okay, okay, sure.  It was only on the cheek, but still.  That’s the first kiss I’ve ever given to anyone outside my family, so it has to be a big thing for me! 

 

Sighing, I locked the door and walked up to my room.  I greeted my parents on my way and Umma tried to stop me but I told her I was tired, so she let me go, making me promise that I would tell her everything tomorrow morning.  Nodding, I rushed into my room before she could change her mind.  Closing my door, I went over to my bed and fell over.  Grabbing a pillow, I held it to my chest and squealed.

 

Freezing, I listened to hear if anyone was coming up the stairs to my room.  Sitting up quickly, I cleared my throat and shook my head to try to clear my head.  I couldn’t act like this.  I had to have some pride left in there.  Standing up, I gathered my toiletries and some pajamas before heading to the bathroom to take a shower and do my nightly routine before bed.  However, when I was back in bed ready for sleep, I couldn’t help thinking about what happened today.

 

Jin Ki wanted to have a real relationship! He didn’t want to go back to ignoring each other like before or just be friends.  He wanted to go out with me! How much more amazing could it get?  Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes and tried to force myself to go to sleep.  Unfortunately, my giddiness and excitement kept me up till one in the morning, but I didn’t really care.  Tomorrow was a Sunday, so I could sleep in.

 

Waking up the next morning at around 9:30, I did my morning routine before skipping down the stairs toward the kitchen for breakfast.  Seeing my parents at the counter, I greeted them before opening the fridge and taking out the jug of milk and pouring myself a glass.  Setting the jug back into the fridge, I wandered over to the cupboard and took out a muffin.  Bringing my breakfast over to the table, I sat down and began to eat my muffin.  I saw Umma come to the table from the corner of my eye and braced myself for what was to come.

 

“So, honey.  You promised me you would tell me all about your date!”

“Uh, yeah about that…what do you want to know?”

“Tell me everything!”

 

Well, I certainly wouldn’t be doing that, but I’d tell her most of what happened....at least the parent rated stuff.  When I say that, I mean the appropriate stuff that all parents want to hear.

 

“Nothing really happened.  He took me to the beach to watch the sunset first.”

“Oh, how romantic!”

 

She turned to Appa.

 

“Isn’t it romantic yeobo?”

“Of course it is, but what else happened Yun Hee ah.  I hope nothing inappropriate happened.”

 

Appa looked at me with a stern face.  Too bad I was going to have to tell a lie, but honestly, some things are better off without knowing.

 

“Aniyo Appa.  Uh, after we watched the sun set, he drove us to an Italian restaurant.  We ate there and simply chatted.  Then he took me home, that’s all.”

“Ayy, you make it sound so boring! Didn’t you have fun?” Umma pressed.

 

She seemed to want to know every little teeny tiny detail about this date.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t tell her everything.  What would my parents think if I told them about our project and worst of all, my kiss?  Yup, definitely a bad idea.

 

“Chinchayo Umma.  Nothing else really happened.  What do you want me to tell you?”

“Didn’t you kiss or anything?”

“Bu In!”

“Arasso yeobo.  I’ll stop pestering her.  Anyway, I’m glad you had fun Yun Hee, but you must introduce him to us properly next time, arasso?”

“Deh Umma.”

 

I looked at Appa gratefully, who smiled at me.  At least there was one person here who didn’t need to know every little thing about my dating life.

 

Umma stood up from the table and went back to the kitchen.  She was making some sort of elaborate dish for lunch today.  She usually did that every Sunday morning.  Finishing my breakfast, I cleaned up and rinsed my glass, setting it on the drying rack before heading to do my chores.  After cleaning the bathrooms, doing the laundry, watering the garden, and straightening the living room, I finally went to my room to relax before lunch. 

 

Picking my phone off my desk and laying down on my bed, I slid it open to find that I had 3 missed calls.  Pressing further, I found the missed calls to be from Jin Ki.  It seemed that he called an hour ago, but I didn’t hear my phone because I was busy doing chores.  Hopefully he would pick up when I called.  Pressing the ‘call back’ button, I lifted my phone to my ear and waited, listening to the music that played while the phone dialed.

 

After a little while, I thought he wasn’t going to pick up, but at the last moment, a voice answered my call.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

 

He seemed a bit breathless, but I didn’t take note of it.

 

“Yeobosaeyo.  You called earlier?”

“Ah, deh.  You didn’t pick up though…”

“Miahne.  I was doing chores.  I only just finished now.  Did you need something?”

“About last night…”

 

Did he regret it? 

 

“Yes?” I said, a bit nervously.  I was reminded again of the kiss and my face flushed.

“It wasn’t a dream right?”

 

I couldn’t help it; I snickered, trying to hold back my laugh while covering the mouth piece so he wouldn’t hear.  Clearing my throat, I asked.

 

“A dream?  What are you talking about?”

“You know, when you said you would go out with me for real.”

“Oh, that.  Yeah, it wasn’t a dream.”

“And, the other thing?”

“The other…thing?”

“You know….” 

 

Was he beating around the bush? Oh well, if he was doing that, then I might as well play along.

 

“I know…what?  I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“The…k…ki…”

“Key?  I don’t recall a key last night…unless you’re talking about your car keys.”

“Not keys! Kiss! Did you really kiss me?!”

 

I broke down and laughed, I vaguely heard him call me on the phone, but I couldn’t respond till I stopped laughing.  Clearing my throat, I held the phone up to my ear and spoke.

 

“Oh, the kiss?  Yes, oppa.  That was real.  Did you want a video of it or something?”

“Aish, I shouldn’t have asked you that.  This is so embarrassing….”

“Aww, it’s okay oppa.  It just tells me how much you liked it.”

 

Ish…I didn’t just say that…

 

“Who said that?”

“No one, I just assumed,” I said hurriedly

“Yah! Don’t go assuming things. How did you know that I liked it?”

“I didn’t…oppa.  Like I said, I just assumed, but…”

 

I started chuckling.

 

“You just told me.”

“Told you what?”

“That you liked it.”

“No I didn’t when did I ever…!”

 

The phone was silent for a minute as realization dawned on him.  I grinned as I waited for him to speak.

 

Hearing him clear his throat, I waited for his response.

 

“Okay, fine.  I told you, so what?”

“Oppa.”

“What?”

“Let’s stop this.  We’re just beating around the bush, hmm?”

“Arasso, arasso.”

“Anyway, was that all you wanted to do?  Just call me and ask if last night was a dream?” I teased.

“Right, about that.  Does it count as our first date?  Or do we start counting after the project ends.”

 

I thought about it.  Did it count?  We weren’t really going out, we were simply dating; we were having a fake relationship for a project.  He didn't ask me to be his girlfriend...yet.  Maybe it didn’t count...

“Well, we aren’t really going out, so…no?”

“Oh…right.  We’re still on the project time.”

“Yeah, but it could change….”

“Right, of course.  Change.”

“You know, if you ask me something…”

“Ask you something?  I’ve already asked all the questions I’ve had for today.”

 

I sighed.  He really was clueless at times like this.  He could just ask me to be his girlfriend, and then we wouldn’t have to pretend for the project.  Maybe I was being too vague?

 

“Oppa, keun dae…”

“Yes?”

“We don’t have to pretend.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…we don’t have to have this fake relationship.”

“You don’t want to finish this project?”

 

Ugh! This guy is so frustrating!  How can he not understand this?  Whatever, I’ve had enough of this.  Time to hang up.

 

“Oppa, you really are clueless.”

 

And with that, I slid my phone closed and ended the call.  Was I being too ambiguous?  Maybe I should’ve told him right there…What ever, I’ll ask him this coming Monday.  Who says a girl can’t ask a guy out?  It’s different, sure, but it’s been done before. 

 

Setting my phone down, I walked downstairs for lunch.

 


 

End of chapter 13

Hopefully you all liked it, even though it was a slightly shorter chapter

But I can say that things will get a lot more interesting, so look out for it!

Comment and Subscribe

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Vengeance: Yes, boys can be very dense sometimes...nothing we can do about it though :/ xD

yourreflection: Thank you for the comment, so here's another update!

u-knowkey: I'm glad you think that my characters are realistic.  That's what I aim to do ^^

zoeystar: Lol, I love that word..daebak! ^^

TaeminOppa16: Here's an update! P.S. I love you for reading and liking this story ^^

rialoves: I'm glad you liked the chapter!

forgetfulxangel: Hopefully, you'll like this update just as much!

ForeverInLove: Haha, I'm glad you liked it!

crazy4you: Hehe, there will be more sweet chapters to come!

Sparklicious22: Here's another update, and I hope you enjoy it as much as the previous ones.

theclumsywitch: Yes, yes.  Jin Ki is definitely crazy for Yun Hee! Isn't it great? xD

bananaO13: Yes, everything is great in the world...for now...xD

heechulxjungmin: I'm glad you like the story..but I don't quite understand the last part of your comment..miahne :/ Explain again?

starlove: Yup yup! And here's another update!

saranghandago: Update is here! Love the username btw ^^ <3

q-tpie: Thank you for taking some time to read my other works!  They aren't as popular as this one, but I'm still proud of them ^^

MonsterMonsteur: Daebak: always is the best thing to say :D

flowergirls: Welcome to my story.  So glad you've chosen to read it ^^

amyra961: Yay! "Psychology Boyfriend" hwaiting~

Charismace: Here's another update for you!

javasunshine19: Hopefully, you'll find the rest of this story as interesting as it has been up till now :]

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Thank you so much for the compliment.  Makes me feel happy inside :D