~Stop Playing With Me

Psychology Boyfriend

Here is the 4th chapter ^^

I really can't stop writing this story.

Watch me get a writer's block soon -.-

Shoot, must of jinxed that.

Gotta go knock on wood :p

Anyway, hope you like this chapter.

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“What if I want to do the project for real? Did you ever think of that?”

“Well, no but—”

“Then you have nothing to worry about. We’ll finish the project the right way.” 

Jin Ki stood up from his chair and slid it back in. 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”  

And with that, he walked off, leaving my head swarming with even more questions than ever.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Umma (informal): Mom

Arasso: Okay or all right

Aegi: Baby

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

Sshii: Suffix added to the end of someone's name of whom you feel respect for, or don't know well yet

 


 

I stared at Jin Ki’s retreating back as he walked away.  I sat there at my table until the bell rang for the end of the school day.  Slinging on my bag, I made my way out of school and took the bus home.  When I walked into the house, Umma took one look at my arm, and she went berserk.

 

“Yun Hee!  What happen to your arm?  Are you okay?  Are you hurt?  Do we need to go to the hospital?  Oh, my poor aegi!”

“Umma…”

“What should we do?  Should we get someone to help you with your daily activities?  And you certainly can’t—”

“Umma!”

“Yes dear?”

“I’m fine.  I know this looks bad, but it’s only bruised and swelling a little bit.  The nurse said that if I ice it and rub on salt water, I’ll be fine within a week.  So please Umma, calm down.”

“Oh, all right dear.  I’m sorry for getting all worked up.”

“It’s okay Umma.  I understand.”

“But how did you get hurt?”

“Someone slammed my locker door onto my arm when it was still in my locker.”

“Who the hell has the audacity to do that to my daughter!  Tell me right now, and I’ll go teach her a lesson!”

“Umma, don’t.  It’s not worth your time, and besides, karma will get her in the end.  What goes around, comes around.”

“Arasso.  Why don’t you go to your room and rest a little, while I go get you some ice.  Do you want a snack?”

“No, I’m fine Umma.  Gomawayo.”

 

I walked upstairs and opened the door to my room.  Setting my bag on my chair, I went to the closet to pick out a set of pajamas.  Looking at my sling, I decided that I would have to unwrap it to take a shower.  Slowly unwrapping the bandages, I found that my arm didn’t really hurt that much to move it anymore, but it was definitely sore.  I would have to be careful with it for the next week or so.  Walking to the bathroom, I took a shower and cleaned my self up from school before going back to my room to find that my mom and set an ice pack and a bowl of salt water on my table.  Smiling, I set the ice onto my arm and began working on my homework.

The next day I walked to school, I found the stares to be a little less bothering, although there were still quite a few.  If only I could go back to the days when no one would notice me walking through the school gates.  Ignoring the stares as I walked by, I walked to my locker.  After looking to make sure no one would be present to slam my locker door on my arm again, I opened it and took out my Calculus book.  Closing the door shut, I turned around to meet Jin Ki, nearly slamming into him.

 

“Jin Ki sshii!” I said, surprised by his presence.  Clearing my throat, I started over.

“Good morning.  Did you need something?”

“How’s your arm?”

“It’s…fine.  It doesn’t hurt as much as yesterday, but it’s definitely sore.”

“I see.”

“Yeah…”

 

The awkward silence was upon us.  I kept sneaking glances at him, but the way we were standing there without anything to say was maddening.  The bell rang, telling us we had to go to our first period, saving us from our awkward predicament.

 

“I’ll see you around.”

 

With that, I walked off.

Soon, 4thperiod came around again, and I knew I would have to face Jin Ki eventually.  Walking into class, I was early as usual, but today, I didn’t feel like people watching.  I just gazed out the window, lost in my own thoughts.  Unfortunately, someone had to interrupt.

 

“Yun Hee!  I heard what happened about your arm!  I hope you’re okay!”

 

I turned to see Hee Mi in front of my desk, with a fake sympathetic look on her face.  When no one else was looking, she sneered and got closer.

 

“You deserve what you got, nerd.”

 

Standing back, she plastered on a fake smile and walked to her desk.  Groaning, I laid my head on my desk, hoping she would disappear.  When I lifted my head again, I saw that Jin Ki was sitting next to me, again.  Sighing, I spoke to him.

 

“Jin Ki sshii, why are you sitting here?  You can go back to your desk.  You have no obligation to sit here.  It was only because of partner picking that you had to sit here yesterday.”

“Yun Hee is right Jin Ki,” Hee Mi added.  “Why don’t you sit next to me today?  I’m a much better desk partner than she is!”

 

Jin Ki calmly replied to Hee Mi’s request.

 

“I think I’ll be fine here, thanks,” he said coldly, before turning back to me.  From over his shoulder, I could see Hee Mi’s shocked face, and then her glare at me.  Shivering, I glanced back at Jin Ki.

 

“And to answer you, I actually want to sit here.  Besides, you never had a desk buddy in the first place anyway, so there is no reason why I can’t sit here.”

“Why are you doing this?  You’ve never paid attention to me before.  Is it just because you saw me injured that you feel like you need to help me, out of pity?  If it is, then you can stop it.  I don’t need it.”

 

Turning around, I ignored him for the rest of the period.  Ms. Yang had just entered the class and immediately began the lecture, giving us no time to talk.  When the bell rang, I quickly rushed out of class to lunch, stopping by my locker to drop off my books before walking to the cafeteria.  Looking around, I saw that none of my friends were present.  They must still be working on their play for drama.  Sighing, I picked an empty table in the corner and sat down with my lunch.  Unfortunately, Jin Ki found me and sat down with his tray as well.  I looked up to see him smirking.

 

“Are you going to keep ignoring me?”

 

I said nothing and kept glaring at him, continuing to eat my sandwich.

 

“You can’t last forever you know.”

“And what are you talking about?”

“How can you ignore your namja-chingu?.”

 

I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him.  Did he really think that that would change my mind?

 

“Please, that’s just a stupid project that no one wants to do.  We aren’t really going out.”

“So are you saying you’ll get a zero on this?”

“No, I told you yesterday.  We can make something up and fill the journal out.  That way, we won’t have to bother each other.”

“And I told you yesterday, I want to do the project for real”

“Why do you want to do that?  Aren’t you Lee Jin Ki, heartbreaker of girl’s hearts, possibly interested in guys instead?”

 

He looked quite amused to hear me say that.

 

"Where did you hear that from?"

“Just rumors, and things I’ve seen.  It’s true though, isn’t it? At least just about the heartbreaker part, right?”

“I guess if you want to exaggerate it that much, then sure.”

“So, my question is: why me?  Am I amusing to play around with?”

 

Jin Ki sat up straighter and leaned toward me, his face serious.

 

“No actually.  I'm sincerely interested in you.”

 

My eyes widened at his words, but I quickly hardened my gaze.  I had by then finished my lunch, and I stood up to throw my trash, grabbing my bag before leaving.

 

Now I really know you’re playing around with me.”

 

I threw my trash away and stormed off toward the library.

 


 

Yay! End of chapter 4!

I won't reveal anything, but there's going to be something interesting in the next chapter!

So look foward to it ^^

Bye for now.

Comment and Subscribe

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Sparklicious22: Thanks so much for reading this.  So glad you like it ^^

Sahera:  I'm glad you love it :)

theclumsywitch:  Thanks for reading, and I hope this chapter update makes you happy!