~Cramming and Surprise Homecomings

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello everyone!

I hope you liked Jin Ki's Birthday chapters

This is another update, so I hope you'll like it just as much.  There's a surprise in there ;D

Also, I've stared a collection of oneshots called "Holiday Happenings", which will feature each and every one of your SHINee members ^^

Do go check that out (No, I won't be neglecting this story, so don't worry)

Anyway, onward!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

"Oppa."

"What?"

"I'm sorry for saying those words, but I sincerely am not cheating and will never cheat on you, ever."

He sighed and ruffled his hair in frustration before answering me while avoiding my gaze.

"I..I know you won't do that. It's ju--"

I pulled his collar toward me and kissed him as his face turned to mine. Slowly, I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he kissed back.

Pulling back, I looked at him again and repeated my words.

"I will not cheat on you, so please believe me."

With a peck on the cheek and a small reassuring smile, I pulled away and walked into class, leaving Jin Ki outside in the hallway.

 

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Reul shilhahae: I don't like it

Sang goan eob sseubnida (formal): It doesn't matter

Dongsaeng: Younger sibling

Yeoja: Girl

Namja: Boy

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                    12/15/11

         I've been feeling really guilty.  Jin Ki said something harmless and I took it the wrong way.  I mentioned something that triggered his painful memories, and it made him doubt in me.  He was able to forgive me after some persuading, but I still feel bad. I'll have to find a way to make things a little less awkward. I think the best way is not mention anything like that ever again, unless he brings it up first.  It's better to do it this way.

        I'm also a bit bummed that Jin Ki would think that I would do something like that to hurt him.  After knowing me for this long, and my personality, I thought would be able to trust in me, but I guess the past does have an effect on you.  Just like we learned how our childhood shapes our adulthood, Jin Ki's adulthood, or entrance into it, is based on the painful childhood. I'll just have to stick it out and hope that one day he will never have to doubt me again.

         On a different topic, finals are finally here.  That means 24/7 stress for me, and a lot of cramming/studying.  Hopefully I'll do well, and Jin Ki won't be too upset with me to help me study.  Wish me luck on my exams!

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

The conversation we had about cheating the day after Jin Ki’s birthday slowly faded away.  The ground we walked on was thin ice for a couple of days, but luckily, Jin Ki decided to let it go.  I hoped the peace would stay for awhile.

 

The end of the year was coming up, and soon winter break, along with Christmas and New Years, would be upon us.  Now? Well, all we had to worry about was final exams.

 

I know what everyone thinks of when they hear these two words.  Studying non-stop, reviewing what we have learned the past months or so.  For some, it wasn’t that bad.  They just naturally have good memory, and all they have to do is to review the minor details that they may have not retained during the time when the lesson was taught.  For others, they just forget everything once they’ve learnt it.  It wasn’t like they wanted to, it just happened.  These people envied the first group, since it seemed so unfair.  But life was unfair, and that was why I loathed Jin Ki.

 

I mentioned before that I was the type to do things ahead and study more than other people, right?  Well, that because I fall into the second group.  Jin Ki fell under the first group, and it made me jealous.  It was unfair how I had to work so hard to get good grades, while he slacked around, giving 50%, and that compared to me, was like 100%.  Jin Ki simply laughed every time he heard me complain, and just ruffled my hair out of sympathy.  Maybe it wasn’t sympathy, but pity.  He wouldn’t know how I felt, so he just stuck with that.

 

But at least, I had one advantage:  I had the smartest guy in the school to help me with my studying.  Another perk to having a (smart) boyfriend.  For me, I always stressed during the studying period, and when it came time for the real test I seemed to do better than I thought I would.  No, I didn’t ace the tests, but I always got an acceptable score.  This time, I was aiming for the top 5 spots in the school. 

 

Was I shooting too far from the tree?  Sure, maybe I was, but I still wanted to try.  For once, I was actually pretty confident in the units we learned this time, and I did have some back up, didn’t I?

 

Despite being confident, I was still a nervous wreck. I couldn’t help it, no matter how prepared I knew I was, I was still nervous.  It was a norm for me, but it just made Jin Ki laugh.

“Yah! I can’t help it if I’m nervous.  This is going to be a hug chunk of my grade, if I screw up once, I’ll be doomed for the rest of the year!”

“Yun Hee ya, it’s only a final exam.  Just chill out!”

 

I grumbled and kept working on my study guides.

 

“Seriously, just relax.  You aren’t going to get anywhere if you’re freaking out like that.”

“Easy for you to say.  You just remember every thing after you read it once.  You have no idea how I feel, so just shut it.”

 

I focused on the study guide, and finally finished it, looking it over to see if I had everything right, and then sighed.  Now that I had the study guides done, all I had to do was study them.  Flipping page by page, I studied every single one of my notes taken down, trying to inscribe it into my brain, at least until after the exams were over, then I could forget them (though that wouldn’t do me well in a long run, but I couldn’t help it.  What I forgot, was what I forgot)

 

What was Jin Ki doing while I was studying my off?  Well, he was studying too, sort of.  He just read over all of the sections in the textbook that we had covered, quizzed himself with the study guide, and he was done.  That took him around..2 hours, maybe more.  For me, those two hours were used to work on the study guides.  I hadn’t even started to study until now. 

 

So, while I was doing that, Jin Ki played around.  When I say that, I mean he played various games on his phone, twirled his pencil around a couple of hundred times, spun in his chair, wandered around the library looking for something to read, read, all the while I was studying.  Soon, the sky began to grow dark, and when I checked my phone, I saw that it was already 6:30.  I closed my books and slid my papers into my folder before putting them into my bag.

 

Jin Ki, seeing me clean up, breathed a sigh of relief.  He was finally released from his prison of boredom.  I just glared at him, angry that he had the time to fool around.  Jin Ki waited for me as I finished putting away my things, and when I went towards him, he reached out his hand for mine.  I of course, ignored it and walked past him, out the library’s entrance.

 

I knew I was being childish, but I couldn’t help it.  I would get out of this phase soon, I hope.  Jin Ki jogged up behind me and threw his arm around my shoulders, trying to curb my frustration. I decided to crack a smile, to let him know that I wasn’t mad at him, but more at myself.

 

Seeing me smile, he smiled and pulled me toward his car, opening the door for me to get inside.  Once he got in, the he started the engine and we drove off.

 

“Do you think you can eat with me tonight?” He asked.

“Mm, maybe.  Let me call to check.  I’m sure it’ll be fine though.”

I took out my hand phone and speed dialed my Appa.  After hearing the song play for a couple of seconds, I heard him pick up.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Appa!”

“Hello Yun Hee ya.  What are you doing?”

“Mm, I just finished studying in the library at school, and Jin Ki was wondering if he could take me out to eat before we come home.”

“Jin Ki is with you?”

“Deh.”

“Arasso.  As long as you’re with someone, then I’m fine.  Just be careful.”

“I will Appa.  Tell Umma for me.”

“I will, gwen cha na.”

“Annyoung.”

“Deh.”

 

I waited for Appa to hang up before closing my phone.  Turning to Jin Ki, I grinned.

 

“Appa said it was all right as long as I was with someone.”

“Good, and that someone happens to be me.  You’ll be safe.”

 

I laughed.

 

“Of course I will.  I’m not worried about that.”

 

As we drove on, I wondered where we were going.

 

“Oppa, where are we going to eat, anyway?”

“The best place in the world.”

“Chongmal?”

“Yup, the very best, nutritious place, to go after frying your brain cells with studying.”

“And where would that be?”

“KFC’s, of course.  Duh.”

“Aish, oppa!”

“I’m just kidding of course…about the nutritious part anyway.  We are going there though.”

“Chincha?”

“Yes, because you need to relax, and the best way to do that, is to eat food with lots of protein!”

“Arasso arasso.  Sheesh, and here I thought it would be something special.”

 

I couldn’t help but smile though.  Jin Ki did have a way with making me happy when I was feeling down.

 

After driving around, we finally found a KFC’s place to eat, and so we did.  Jin Ki made me sit at an empty table before going to order. He wouldn’t have me order, since he wanted me to ‘rest after working so hard today’.  Please.  But still, it was sweet of him.

 

After ordering, he came back and sat down, waiting for our order to finish.  When our order was called he stood up and went to retrieve it.  I was a bit worried about what he ordered, but when he came back, I found I didn’t have to worry…too much.

He got me two chicken chalupas, while he had a 6 piece meal, which meant he had 6 pieces of fried chicken, coleslaw and potato wedges.  We each had a medium drink (Sprite), and he also got some cake, which looked like a ring with glaze on it.

 

“Here we are, a delicious dinner after studying.”

“Oppa, gomawayo.”

 

He grinned and reached over, pinching my cheek before letting go.

 

“Aniyo.  This is the least I could do for you.  You’ve been stressing way to much, and need to let go a little.  Just for tonight, don’t think about the exams and chill, arasso?”

“Deh.”

 

And so we dug in, talking time to time about various things.  Once we had finished our meal, Jin Ki threw away our trash, and all we had left were our drinks and the cake.

 

“Oppa, you know I don’t like cake that much…”

“I know, but you’re going to eat it.”

“I am?”

“Yes, because I’m asking you to.”

 

And he pouted, using his puppy eyes.  I tried not to give in, but I couldn’t.  Sighing, I gave up and picked up my spoon, taking a bite out of what I found to be chocolate cake.  Surprisingly…it wasn’t that bad.  It was very sweet of course, but edible, so I kept eating.  Jin Ki smiled and dug in as well.

 

“See, I told you that you would eat it.”

“Only because you’re making me.”

“Well, isn’t it worth it?”

 

I rolled my eyes and held out my forkful of cake to him.  He smiled and opened his mouth, eating the pieces that I had given him.  I continued to feed him, until we, or rather, he finished the cake

 

“Yah, you made me eat the whole cake!”

“No, I ate some. Besides, you’re the one who kept eating what I fed you.”

“It’s not my fault I like being fed by you.”

 

I smirked and looked behind him, noticing the children playing on the playground.

 

“What is it?”

“Just the children.  They look like they’re having so much fun.”

 

He glanced over his shoulder and back at me.

 

“Do you like children?”

“Mm.  They’re very lovable…except when they’re being bratty.  When they are, reul shilhahae.

“Who does?”

“Keu ro gae.”

“Do you want a namja or yeoja first?

 

I pondered for a little bit before answering.

 

“Sang goan eob sseubnida.  If a girl is first, then she’ll be wise and take care of her dongsaeng.  If it’s a boy first, he’ll protect his dongsaeng.  Either way is fine. What about you?”

“I want a boy, and then a girl.”

“Chongmal? Wae?”

“So the boy can protect his younger sister.”

 

I nodded at his reasoning. Yun Ho oppa was a very caring and protective brother.  I was glad I had a brother like him.

 

“Of course, since you said you don’t mind which gender you have first, I guess I’m fine with that too.”

 

I did a double take.  Why would my preference affect his preference?

 

“But that’s just my opinion.  You don’t have to base yours off of it too.”

“Yes I do.  I’m going to be the Appa.”

 

Once I realized what he said, I blushed a deep red, avoiding his eyes.  I couldn’t believe he was talking about that right now.  We were barely 2 months into our relationship and he was thinking that far ahead already?

 

“Oppa, aren’t you talking about things a little rashly?”

 

He looked at me blankly before answering.

 

“Aniyo.  Why shouldn’t I think ahead? I can’t imagine myself with anyone else but you.”

 

I looked at him queerly, seeing if he was even affected by this.  Looking closer, I could see that his face was tinted with red. Smiling, I shook my head.

 

“Either way, let’s cross the bridge when we come to it, arasso?”

“Sure, sure. Are you done? I’m going to throw the trash away.”

 

Finishing my soda, I placed all of our trash on the tray. Seeing me finish cleaning up, Jin Ki stood up and went to dispose of our trash.  Taking one last look at the frolicking children, I stood up and waited for Jin Ki to come back before exiting the building.

 

Jin Ki then drove me home, and parked in front of the driveway before going over to my side to open the door.  Grinning, I stepped out of the car before he closed it and turned to me.

 

“Well, how is your brain feeling?”

“Rested and full, thank you.”

 

He smiled as he pulled me in and bent down to kiss me.  Wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed him back.

 

Suddenly, I heard the door of car open and the sound of someone calling my name.

 

“Yun Hee!”

 

Pulling back abruptly, I turned around to see Yun Ho oppa standing a little ways from where I stood with Jin Ki.  His face was furious as he strode forward and pulled me roughly away from Jin Ki.  He pushed me behind him as he faced Jin Ki with a glare.

 

“What are you doing to Yun Hee?”

 


 

Dun dun dun! Big brother is back...what will happen?

I"m sorry (again) but I've been developing a habit of updating super late at night/early in the morning.

I am so tired, and I don't think I'll be able to reply to comments sincerely.

It'll be the first thing I do tomorrow..er later this morning when I wake up, I promise.

I'll also edit up those previous chapters as well (Please forgive me!)

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

MechanicalAngel: Yup, Yun Hee and Jin Ki were very sweet :D

shawol4lifeminnie: I hope he had a wonderful birthday too.

jay_rose: I'm glad you like the updates!

rialoves: Yeah, I would like a personal cd from my significant other as well <3

Shizine19: OnHee is the epitome of sweet xD

onsangtae: Wow, you are so perceptive xD But I assure you, no one is cheating on anyone else :D

Vengeance: I want a sixth sense to detect upcoming conflicts...o.o

pResTige: No one likes creepy threat letters :/

Lorena: Yeah, it would be cool to have Jin Ki as a boyfriend ^^

starlove: I would be happy from Jin Ki's kiss xD