~New Year's Gala

Psychology Boyfriend

Last update before school begins tomorrow >.<

I hope you'll enjoy it!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

With a smile, Umma and Appa left the room. Not long after, someone knocked on our door. Yun Ho looked at me curiously before opening the door, and coming back with envelopes in his hand. He handed one to me before looking at his and opening it. Setting my laptop aside, I looked at the elegant envelope that was addressed to me before opening it. Taking out the stiff card, I opened it and gasped as I read.

You are cordially invited to Lee Dong’s Annual New Year’s Party.

12-31-2011

Time: 7:00 pm until 1:00 am

Location: La Cherie Hotel’s Ballroom

52508 Place desCocotiers, Nouméa, New Caledonia

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Keu ro gae: I'm not sure/Is that so?

Buin: Wife

Bogoshipeo: I miss you

Jashik: Kid (in a joking manner)

Yeoja chingu: Girlfriend

Yeobo: Honey (pet name, usually used by wives to call their husbands)

Kaja: Let's go

Keu sae: I'm not sure

Naega mideoyo (formal): I believe you

Keun dae: But

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                    12/30/11

            I can’t believe the year is almost over.  It’s kind of surreal.  Soon it will be 2012.  Right now, I’m in New Caledonia on vacation with my family.  Do you know what’s even more surprising? Jin Ki is here as well.  He says it’s something about family business, but the fact that we’re both here in New Caledonia at the same time is really funny. You don’t think it is because of fate, do you? Nah, it’s probably not.  I’m probably just imagining things.

            I met Jin Ki’s parents a couple of days before.  We didn’t have a proper introduction, and I only saw his father from afar, but his mother (according to Jin Ki, and her actions) seems to really like me.  His family is hosting a party at the hotel we’re staying at, and I think she invited me.  I just received the invitation.  And, I think my parents might know them as well.  Do you think they’ll like me a bit better if they found out I was the daughter of their old University friend? I hope so…I’m really nervous.  I’ve never been to a formal party like this before, where I’m trying to impress my boyfriend’s parents.  I’ll just have to hope that things go well….

            I also haven’t been hearing from Jin Ki lately.  I’m not surprised, since he is here with his parents, and I’m expecting that they’re taking up all his time…but wouldn’t it hurt just to check his phone once in awhile? I wonder what’s making him so busy that he can’t even call back to say that he’s fine.

            Anyway, I guess I have to go now.  I didn’t know I would attending a party, so I didn’t pack any formal dresses with me. That means I have to go shopping and somehow purchase an acceptable dress without blowing my wallet.  I’ll write soon.

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Closing my journal and putting it back into my luggage, I looked at the clock. It was almost time for dinner, so I got ready to go down to the hotel restaurant with Oppa.  When we arrived, Umma and Appa were already sitting at a table, so we walked there and sat down across from them.

 

“Umma, Appa, you’ll never guess what just happened.”

“What honey?”

“Oppa and I just got invitations to the party as well.”

“Ommo, chincha? I wonder how that happened?”

 

Yun Ho and I exchanged glances before I spoke again.

 

“Appa, do you happen to know if your university friend has any children? A son, perhaps?”

“No, we weren’t able to speak properly earlier.  He had something else to attend to.  We just exchanged numbers and were given invitations.”

“Oh, keu ro gae?”

“Wae? Does it have to do something with you receiving invitations?”

“Well, I’m not quite sure.  I guess we’ll find out tomorrow.”

“Of course we will.  Let’s not worry about that. The problem is, how are we going to find what to wear on time? We can’t possibly find proper clothes for the party by tomorrow night," Umma said worriedly.

“We could go shopping tomorrow.  I’m sure can find something at the nearby shopping district that’s appropriate,” Appa reassured Umma.

“Deh Umma.  Yun Hee and I went this afternoon.  I think I remember a couple of dress shops along the way.  We could visit them tomorrow.”

“Arasso.  Everyone should be awake and ready to leave my 8:00 am tomorrow morning.  You’ll be hearing from me if you don’t!”

“Arasso buin, don’t worry.  Let’s just eat now.”

 

And so eat we did.  New Caledonian cuisine was definitely one of the best, but I had a feeling I would taste better at the party the next tomorrow.  When we retreated to our rooms, it wasn’t long before someone knocked at our doors.  Yun Ho said he saw Appa come out the same time he did, and receive two wrapped boxes, much like the ones he brought back into the room.  Handing one to me, he sat next to me on the couch and opened his own box. 

Looking at my own box, I untied the ribbon and lifted the cover.  There was a slip of folded paper on the top of the tissue paper, and I picked that up, reading it first. It was a peonji from Jin Ki.

 

I spent extra time searching for the right outfit to give to you.

(Don’t tell that to anyone else)

Umma checked it for me, and she approves.

I hope you’ll like it, and I can’t wait to see you wear it tomorrow night.

Bogoshipeo jagiya.

Jin Ki oppa ^^

 

So Jin Ki was the one who bought us the clothes.  I’m not surprised he did.  I guess this would be the perfect time for him to utilize his wealth.

 

“Jin Ki, that jashik.  He just saved us from embarrassment.  I’m sure Umma will be thrilled with what he did.”

“Yeah, me too.”

 

I went back to my own box, and pulled away the tissue paper, before gasping at the contents.  Jin Ki had gotten me a knee-length dress, the color of pastel peach.  It was off of one shoulder, and had mini flowers sewn along the strap, in addition to a ribbon running all around under the bust.  The rest of it flowed down softly.  Along with the dress were feather earrings and a flower hair pin of the same color.  The last thing I pulled out was a pair of heels that scared me to death.  How on earth was I going to walk on these the whole night?!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=41704228

 

“Wow, Jin Ki went all out for you, didn’t he?”

“I think a little too much oppa.  Look at these!”

 

I pulled out the heels for him to see.

 

“How am I going to walk in these death traps?”

 

He chuckled.

“You can always practice.  You have till tomorrow evening.”

“Aish…I don’t think practice will be enough.”

“I don’t think you’ll need to worry too much.”

 

Sighing, I put everything back into the box, except for the dress, which I hung up in the closet.  Going back to the cough, I looked at oppa.

 

“What did he get you?”

“Just a suit.  Nothing fancy, and thank goodness.”

 

Yun Ho held up his suit.  It was simple and black, but looked elegant.  He had on a white dress shirt, a bowtie, and a pastel peach handkerchief to go with it as well.  Jin Ki had good tastes.

http://xii4.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/15f2gso.jpg

 

“Not bad. I’m sure you’ll look dashing tomorrow night.  Enough to find a yeoja chingu!”

“Aish, this girl.  What are you talking about?”

 

He reached to ruffle my hair.  Laughing, I pushed his hand away.

 

“Arasso, arasso.  Miahne. I’ll stop.  But still, you’ll look really good it that.”

“Gomawayo Yun Hee ya.”

 

Yawning, I looked at the time.  It was only 9:30 pm, but I was already sleepy? I guess it would to do to go to sleep early tonight.  Who knows when I’ll be getting back tomorrow?

Before I could go off to bed, Umma came bursting in (again) dragging Appa with her.  They were already dressed in their clothes.

 

“Jin Ki, that dear boy.  He’s growing on me.  Such a sweetheart, getting us all of this! So, how do we look?”

“Great Umma, Appa.  I think Jin Ki chose right.”

“I know right? Thank goodness for him.  You’ll have to treat him well Yun Hee ya.”

“I already am, don’t worry.”

“What did he get you?”

“Just, something.  You can look at it tomorrow Umma.  I’m really tired now.”

“Arasso, go to bed them.  We’ll be up pretty late tomorrow.  Good night honey.”

“Good night Umma, Appa, Oppa.”

 

I yawned again before kissing everyone good night, withdrawing into the bedroom to do my nightly routine before going to bed.

 

*****

The next morning passed quickly, and pretty soon, it was almost time for the party.  I was already dressed in my party clothes, and had my hair curled.  My make up was light and simple, because I wanted to look natural.  Oppa was also done as well, and I was pacing around in the room, waiting for the time to go.  The heels were still hard to walk in, but I got used to them.

Someone knocked on the door, and since I was the closest, I opened it.  Upon opening it, I came face to face with Jin Ki.  JIn Ki was in a suit much like Yun Ho, but his dress shirt was a elegant red, whith the collar loosely done.  His hair was messily done, but he still managed to look handsome. He looked me up and down before grinning.

http://blooeyblooh.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/on5.jpg

 

“You’re looking beautiful as always.”

 

I blushed, looking down at the floor.

 

“Gomawayo oppa.”

Yun Ho came to the door as well, and greeted Jin Ki.

 

“Jin Ki, you’re here to steal Yun Hee away, are you?”

“Aniyo hyung.  I’m just here to lead you all to the venue.  It’s about time to go.”

“Arasso, I’ll go get my parents.”

 

Yun Ho exited the room and walked over to the room next door.  Just as he was about to knock, the door opened.  Luckily, he dodged it in time to prevent a serious accident.  Upon seeing Jin Ki, Umma walked over and gave Jin Ki a hug.

 

“Thank you dear.  You saved us quite the trouble.”

 

Jin Ki smiled as Umma pulled away.

 

“It wasn’t a problem.  Do you like your outfits? I spent a lot of time looking for them.”

“They’re fine, thank you Jin Ki,” Appa said.

 

Yun Ho spoke up.

 

“Well, since we’re all here, let’s get going.  We don’t want to be late.”

“Arasso.  I guess we’ll see you all around.  Come on yeobo, Yun Ho.”

 

Umma, Appa, and Yun Ho walked on ahead of us.  After making sure I had my invitation, I locked the door before facing Jin Ki. Even without looking, I could feel his burning stare.

 

“Oppa, why are you trying to stare a whole into my face?”

“I’m not staring! I’m admiring.”

 

I scoffed.

 

“What is there to admire?”

 

Jin Ki moved toward me.  Seeing him do, so I stepped backwards for ever step he took, and ended up being backed into the wall.

 

“There’s a lot to be admired,” he said before leaning down and kissing me.

 

After pulling away, he smiled before grasping my hand and hooking it around his arm.

 

“Kaja.  I don’t want to be late to my own parent’s party.”

 

My blush died down as we headed to the venue.  While we were in the elevator, I turned to Jin Ki.

 

“Oppa, why haven’t you been replying to my texts and calls?”

“You didn’t want to waste money, remember?”

“I know, but it wouldn’t have hurt to say hi once in awhile…I haven’t talked to you in three days.”

 

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

 

“Did jagiya miss oppa?”

I sighed and nodded.  I couldn’t lie with that one.

 

“Well, we’re together now, so cheer up.  Let’s have fun at the party tonight, arasso?”

“Arasso…you better not leave my side without a plausible excuse tonight!”

 

He chuckled as the doors to the elevator opened. He slid his arm off my waist as I hooked mine through his again.

 

“Arasso.”

 

Walking toward the entrance of the ballroom, I saw that Yun Ho and my parents were still at the front, chatting with Jin Ki’s father and mother.  Umma turned her head and saw Jin Ki and I, waving us over.  Jin Ki’s Umma also saw me and smiled.

 

“Unnie, this is my daughter, Yun Hee.  She’s with—”

“My stepson, Jin Ki.”

 

Umma’s eyes widened.

 

“Stepson?”

 

Jin Ki’s mom nodded.

 

“Yes.  Look, there are more guests coming. We’ll talk later Unnie.  It was nice seeing you and your husband!”

“Deh, we’ll see you later.”

 

Umma and Appa entered the venue before us.  Jin Ki turned to lead me into the ballroom, but stopped him.  Turning to his parents, I bowed and greeted them.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo. Thank you for inviting me.”

“I said I would be seeing you again soon, right? I always keep my word.”

“Deh.”

 

Turning to his father, I bowed again.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you sir.”

 

He smiled and nodded.

 

“What a surprise to find that you are the daughter of my old friend from University.  The world is quite small, isn’t it?”

“Deh.”

“Run along now.  I’ll see you later.”

 

Smiling, I bowed again before Jin Ki led me into the ball room.  It was luxurious place, with white chairs and tables and beautiful table decorations.  There was even a dance floor in the middle. Despite tables of food currently residing there, I knew they would be moved for dancing later.

http://www.thecotillionbanquets.com/images/rooms/ballroom3_thumb.jpg

 

“So, do you think your Appa likes me a little more now?”

“Keu sae…but I think the fact that you’re his friend’s daughter might help you.  We’ll see as the night goes on.”

“I don’t think I’m ready for this….”

“You’ll be fine, trust me.”

“Naega mideoyo, keun dae…I’m still nervous. What if it doesn’t go well?”

 

Jin Ki led me to the corner, behind some curtains.  Facing me, he cupped my face and looked at me.

 

“Jagiya, don’t worry about it.  We’re going to all sit at the same table, your parents and mine.  If you think you can’t do it, just relax, because we’re all here with you.  You’re not alone.”

 

Jin Ki was right.  I was capable.  There was nothing to be ashamed of.  I would show Jin Ki’s father that I’m worthy of dating Jin Ki even though I may not be, and that I’m not someone to look down upon.  I’ll be okay.

Taking a deep breath, I let it out before smiling at Jin Ki.

 

“Gomawayo.  I have no idea what I’d do without you.”

“You’d freak.”

 

I laughed as we walked out into the ball room again.  More people were coming in, socializing as they found their way to their seats.

 

“Probably more than I am now, at least.”

“I’m right here.”

“Ara.  I’ll be fine, I know it.  I have to show your father I’m not afraid of him.  I have to show him that I’m worthy of you, even if I’m not.

“You’re wrong you know.”

“Wae?”

“It’s the other way around. I’m not worthy of you.”

 

I smiled as I hooked my arm through his, examining the ballroom.

 

“Ani.  We’re both worthy of each other, problem done.”

 

We both looked at each other and smiled. Soon, it was time for dinner to be served, and we made our way to where our parents were sitting.  Smiling, I prepared for what was to come next.

 


 

These chapters are getting quite long ^^

And it was hard to find Jin Ki in a suit ;( Sorry I couldn't find a better one...if I do, I'll switch it!

I'll see you all next week, because now it's time for me to go sleep.

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

rialoves: Yes, Lee Jae Min is Jin Ki's father ^^

TofuCharismaShawol: Yes, let's hope Yun Hee's father can convince Jin Ki's father :D

tofulurvers: Yeah, kidnapping him might be a little hard xD

Vengeance: Hmm...what will happen next? Even I don't know yet...

--iluvreading--: Cool, when this story is done, I'll remind you :]

amyra961: Yes, their parents are friends (but you already know that now ^^) And Thank you! for correcting me.  I had a feeling those were wrong..

theclumsywitch: The party is a big test, definitely  for Yun Hee, trying to gain the father's approval.

SHINeepoofs: I hope you liked this chapter! (LOL at the superhero part xD) And thank you for the heads up on the korean ^^

pResTige: I hope she will get on his good side >.<

MissLOLA1412: Yay, I'm still keeping you hooked ^^ That's good to know.

jjongisluv: Chapter 12? You have a long way to go...hope you'll enjoy the ride!

MechanicalAngel: Yeah, I don't like bias list ruiners...but oh well xD It could be a good thing.

shawol4lifeminnie: I hope the party goes well too!

onsangtae: I spent a lot of time searching for what Yun Hee would wear, I hope you like it!

Ilovebb2ne1gdcl: Welcome to my story! I'm glad you like it, and hope you'll stay till the end!

crazy4you: Maybe the hottest ice cream ninja xD (Japanese A.MI.Go was awesome..love that line ^^)

Lorena: I'm afraid you'll have to wait till next week...I'm sorry! I didn't want to rush everything >.<

jay_rose: Well, good luck in school this week, and see you next week!

starlove: Yeah, I'm sure he knows she's not just a friend either....what to do? Hmm...