~Problems

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello readers~ ^^

How long has it been since I've updated...two days?  Three?

Anyway, I'm sorry to say that the intervals between my updates are going to be longer now.

My chapters are taking longer to type, since I'm making them longer, and it takes time to brainstorm and type things up.

Not to mention editing and such as well.

Hope you all understand!

But on the bright side, since it is summer break for me, I have more time to type and such.

When school starts, I'll have to definitely go back to updating once a week, just like I did for "An Unexpected Encounter"

Phew, lots of comments to answer, but I like it!  Keep them coming :D

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                 10/12/11

              I don’t really know how to start this, but since Ms. Yang told us to simply write about how we feel or what we did, I think I’ll just do it like that. She won’t take off points for being informal, right? I mean this is a journal and all. Never mind, I’m just rambling right now. So I guess I’ll just get started, yes?

              The first day of our ‘relationship’ was pretty interesting. Well, not interesting really, but maybe the right word for it is weird. It was really strange having people stare at us when we walked through the hallway. We were holding hands, so I guess that’s probably the reason why they were staring. And it possibly could have been the curiosity of why The Lee Jin Ki was ‘dating’ a nerdy girl like me. But hey, that’s just me. I can’t really tell for sure what people are thinking about, right?

              Even though I went through the hallways with glares and stares on me, I felt protected for once. Before, I was all alone, but now, I have Jin Ki to protect me. That was what he told me he would do, and let’s just hope he keeps his word on it. So far, he’s kept me safe from certain people (not mentioning names of course) who have given me more than a little trouble. I admit, it is kind of reassuring to have someone to count on for once. I guess this is one of the benefits of a relationship? You can count on that person to help you and vice versa as well.

              Another thing to note is how much I need to learn about Jin Ki. I always thought he was someone coldhearted, someone who didn’t care about others feelings. He is known to have a record of breaking the heart of every girl who has asked him out. After he helped me when I was injured, I have come to see a newer side of him. But the question is: why now and why me? I don’t have those answers yet, but I’ll just have to find out. That’s what being in a relationship is all about I guess, learning more about that certain person.

                    .Anyway, I think that’s it for now. I hope this first entry was satisfactory.

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Arasso: All right or okay.

Daebak:  Awesome, cool, amazing

Gwen cha na: I'm okay or it's all right.  Can mean "Are you okay?" when used in a question.

 


 

The next day, I stepped off the bus to find that Jin Ki was waiting by the entrance gate of the school, on the opposite side from where I stepped off the bus.  I guess he was waiting for one of his friends?  Thinking nothing more of it, I walked through the gates and to my locker, getting my needed books for my first class in the morning.

 

Psychology soon came around, and I was once again found in my seat beside the window.  Of course, Jin Ki sat down next to me, but I still found that to be strange.  I would have to get used to it I suppose.  Jin Ki turned toward me after he had sat down, and asked me something.

 

“Where were you today?  I was waiting for you by the gate in front of the school.”

“You were waiting for me?”  I guess I was wrong in that assumption.

“Yes, but for some reason, I couldn’t find you.”

“I took the bus here, and I got off on the opposite side you were standing on.  I didn’t think you would be waiting for me, so I didn’t greet you.”

 

Jin Ki looked at me perplexed.

 

“Why did you think that?”

“I just assumed.  Why would anyone wait for me in front of the school in the morning?”

 

Jin Ki glanced somewhere else, and muttered something under his breath.  I couldn’t really hear what he was saying, but I caught something like, “Why indeed.”  But I can’t be sure about that.  He looked at me again before answering.

 

“Well, I was waiting, so next time you see me, don’t walk away, arasso?”

 

He looked so serious that I had to laugh.  Nodding, I agreed, putting on a serious face as well.

 

“Of course I will.  I wouldn’t want to disobey orders, would I?”

 

Jin Ki smirked before turning toward to the front of the class, and I followed suit.

 

After class, Jin Ki and I walked to the cafeteria together.  My friends told me that they were done with their project, so they would be present at lunch today.  Telling Jin Ki that I would eat with my friends today, he nodded, looking sulky.  I wonder why he was so upset about it.  Brushing it off, I said bye and walked into the lunch court, seeing my friends already at our table.  Smiling, I grabbed a tray of lunch and walked over quickly.

 

“It’s been awhile you guys!”

“Yun Hee!  I missed you so much!” Hye Mi said, jumping up and giving me a hug once I had set down my tray.

“I missed you too Hye Mi.”

“Okay, Hye Mi, scoot!  It’s my turn!”

 

Ji Eun gently pried off Hye Mi and gave me a hug as well. I laughed and sat down, seeing that Ha Ni was sitting across from us, looking amused.

 

“Jeez you guys.  We’ve only been away for two days and you miss Yun Hee that much?”

“Thanks Ha Ni, I missed you too,” I said, sticking my tongue out playfully at her.  She rolled her eyes and nodded in agreement.

 

As Ha Ni un-wrapped her sandwich, she spoke to me.

 

“Now that we have the greetings out of the way, it’s time to get down to business.”

 

“I swallowed my spoonful of soup before answering.

 

“Business?”

 

Hye Mi looked around to make sure no one was paying attention to us in the corner before answering me.

 

“Yes Yun Hee, business.  I can already tell from the couple of days that we’ve missed lunch that a lot of things have happened.”

 

She indicated to my wrapped arm.

 

“Am I right?”

 

Sighing, I nodded and took another sip of soup before taking a bite of my bread.  After swallowing, I asked them:

 

“So, what do you want to know?”

 

Ji Eun looked at me, leaning closer, her eyes mischievous.

 

“It’s not what we want to know; it’s what we have to know, so start from the very beginning and tell us everything.  It’s already bad enough that we don’t have any classes together this year, so you’re going to have to say every little detail.  Don’t worry about anyone over hearing.  It’s too noisy in here to distinguish your voice.”

 

Taking a deep breath, I finished my last bit of lunch before pushing my tray away.  I knew this would come now or later, so it was best to let everything out at once.

 

“Well, we just finished our unit in psychology, and Ms. Yang assigned us a project.  We have to have a fake relationship with someone in our class for 3 months and record a journal of our thoughts and experiences.”

 

“You have to have a what?!”  Hye Mi yelled a little too loud.  Luckily, no one really paid attention.

“Have a fake relationship with someone in our class for 3 months.  And guess who I ended up being partnered up with?”

“Who?” Ji Eun asked excitedly.

“Lee Jin Ki.”

 

Ha Ni looked like she couldn’t believe her ears.  She looked at me surprised before speaking.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa.  Okay, so let me get this straight.  You have to have a fake relationship with The Lee Jin Ki?  The most popular and cold hearted guy in the whole school?”

 

Nodding, I confirmed her answer.

 

“That’s just way too daebak to be true,” Hye Mi added.

 

“I guess, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.  After class ended, Hee Mi went out of her way to make me miserable. See this?”

 

I pointed to my wrapped arm.

 

“Guess who slammed my locker door onto my arm while it was still in there?”

“No! Hee Mi didn’t!”  Ji Eun cried unbelievingly.

“Yes, and guess what’s more surprising?”

“What?  Tell us!” pleaded Ha Ni.

“Jin Ki was the one who helped me the rest of the day when I was injured.”

“No way!” Hye Mi commented.

“Yes, he did.  He took me to the nurse, carried my bag for me, and even helped me get lunch.  And honestly, I didn’t want to do the project, so when I told him that we could just fake the journals and not do anything, he told me that he wanted to do the project for real.  He wanted to try the fake relationship.”

“Wow, and what did you do?”

“Well…I said yes.  It can’t hurt, right?”

“I don’t know Yun Hee,” Ji Eun said apprehensively. “You never know what might happen.”

“I know, but this is just for my grade.  Jin Ki refuses to do it any other way, so I’ll just have to go with it for now.”

“It seems like all the rumors we’ve heard are somewhat true, though extremely exaggerated.  But what I don't understand is, why I haven’t heard anything about what Hee Mi did to you,”  Hye Mi said.

“That’s because I haven’t told anyone but you guys and Jin Ki.”

“Why are you hiding it?  Is she threatening you?  Because if she is, I’ll go right ov—”

“No, it’s okay.  She isn’t, and besides, I don’t want anyone to know.  She’ll get what she deserves later, trust me. Karma is a er.”

“Arasso.  We understand.  Not a peep from any of us,” Ha Ni said.

 

I nodded, and the bell rang.  Saying our good byes, we all walked off to our respective classes.

 

I arrived to class and saw that Jin Ki was already in his seat.  Smiling, I sat down at my desk.

 

“Did you enjoy your lunch?” I asked.

 

I was met with silence.  He was slouching in his chair and didn’t even look at me.  Now that I think about it, he didn’t even look at me when I entered the classroom.  His head was turned somewhere else. I wonder what was wrong.  I mean he was fine before.  Clearing my throat, I tried again to start a conversation.

 

“Jin Ki?  Gwen cha na?”

 

Once again, nothing.  He just glanced at me from the corner of his eye and looked forward.  Perplexed, I tilted my head.  Did I do something wrong, or did something happen during lunch that I didn’t know about?  What ever.  If he wasn’t going to talk, then there was no point in trying.  I took out my notebook and began taking notes on the lecture, trying to ignore the hurt that I felt.

 

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                      10/13/11

            I don’t know what to think now.  Are relationships always this…hard to understand?  For one moment, I thought Jin Ki was someone who was really caring and a warm person.  In the next, I see him as the coldhearted person I used to see.  Are people always this different? Showing different sides again and again? I guess if you think about it, you can never really know a person completely.  People are always hiding things.  No one is completely candid; no one is so honest or straightforward to spill all their secrets.  That’s just the way people are.

            Why am I writing about this?  Well, this morning, I got off the bus to find that Jin Ki was at the entrance of the school gate.  He seemed to be waiting for someone, and I didn’t think he would wait for me, so I thought nothing of it, walking into school and into my first class.  Of course, psychology came around, and Jin Ki came to sit down next to me.  “Where were you today?  I was waiting for you by the gate in front of the school.” That was what he asked me.  Naturally, I told him what I thought.  He didn’t really have an answer, but murmured something under his breath that I couldn’t catch.  What ever it was, I brushed it off.  He told me next time to not walk away from him.  I guess I won’t walk away next time, but he should pay more attention to where I get off.  But hey, it was nice to have someone waiting for me by the gate.  It makes coming to school a little more special.  Another benefit of a relationship I guess.

            Lunch came around, and I told him I would eat with my friends today.  I didn’t think much of it then, but he looked sulky when I told him that.  He simply nodded, and I didn’t know what he did next, because I had spotted my friends and went over to them.  After lunch was over, I walked into biology and tried to ask him how his lunch went, but he didn’t answer.  It was strange, like he was mad at me or something.  What could I have done to anger him, I asked myself.  I’m not really sure if it’s the right assumption, but, was he sad that I had picked my friends over him?  Was he sad that I didn’t eat lunch with him like the past two days?  Seems kind of foolish to get upset over something like that, but then again, I heard love can do strange things to people.

            Wait, did I just write love?  Okay, maybe that’s a bit too far.  Edit:  Relationships can do strange things to people.  Anyway, that’s it for now.  I’ll write back later.

 

                                                            Kang Yun Hee

 


 

End of chapter 6! :]

Yup yup, Jin Ki is a bit upset, but why? hmm....

Oh, and I want to thank you guys for answer my questions.

It's good to know how you feel ^^ 

Since I had so many replys to that one, I'll ask another one, just to try to get to know you all better.

Question:  Who is your bias in SHINee, and why?

I'm sure you'll all have interesting answers to that ;p

I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

forgetfulxangel:  You don't have to apologize for being silent! :O  I love my silent readers as much as my active ones ^^  I would just like to know how people feel about my story, so I ask that people comment.  I am happy that you did comment in the end though.  It makes me very happy!  Anyway, I'm glad you like the story, and hope you'll stay till the end.  I won't be able to update as fast though...miahne T.T

zoeystar:  Welcome to my story!  I'm so glad you've chosen to read it.  I hope you like this update :)

iLoveMyungSoo:  Here's an update for you!  Hope you like it :]

ayame4203:  I'm honored to know that this is the best story you've read so far ^^  I"m sure you'll find better ones though...Anyway, thanks for reading!

hoshichii:  I'm sorry your internet got taken away ;/  But, I'm glad I made your day when you came back to find five new chapters to read :p  And thank you for the compliment.  I like being a daebak author <3

ForeverInLove: Oh, those questions haunt you huh?  That's not good :/  All I can say is that you'll just have to keep reading to find out! ^^

bananaO13:  Hee Mi's face when Jin Ki said he was dating Yun Hee...yeah, I think I'd like to see that too xD

heechulxjungmin:  I'm thrilled you've liked all the chapters so far!  I hope you'll continue to like the rest of the chapters!