~Count on Me

Psychology Boyfriend

Yes! I know! I haven't updated in over a month O.O

But, I did mention before that I was busy with school, and I'm sure most of you can sympathize with me.

And it just so happens to be exam month, which means I'll be even busier than before.  I squeezed my time during my dinner to write this chapter for you guys...so I hope you'll like and appreciate it ^^

I noticed I haven't been doing Jin Ki's POV for awhile, so look forward to that!

Anyway, please wait until my exams are over until the next chapter...these are very important (as all exams are) and will help me in the future with college...wish me luck!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

I turned around and grabbed Jin Ki’s arm before half dragging him and stalking to class. I couldn’t contain the anger that I felt. I usually was a calm person, but hearing her call me a gold digger hit a nerve. Once we turned the corner, Jin Ki stopped and pulled me back, wrapping his arms around me.

 

“Jagiya, gwen cha na?”

 

I sighed and took a deep breath before nodding and smiling up at him.

 

“I’m fine. Just a little mad that she would say such a thing about me, even though I know she’s just saying out of jealousy.”

“Don’t let something like that bother you, arasso?”

“I’ll try, but no promises.”

“Arasso. I’ll see you later, yeah?”

“Mm, bye Oppa.”

He smiled before pecking me on the lips and walking away. The bell rang and I walked into class, feeling the stares of the early classmates on me. Letting out a sigh, I walked over to my desk and sat down, preparing myself for the first day of school after break. This wasn’t exactly how I imagined the first day back would be like.

 


 

I wish I could say that the day didn’t get any worse, but it did.  Jealousy was heightened today, especially after everyone discovered I was dating the wealthiest and most eligible man in the country. People purposely stuck their feet out whenever I walked down the aisles, and I almost had a board eraser fall on my head when I walked into class.  When I went into the bathroom, I saw the bucket of water there (the classic one where the water falls on you in the stall prank), but I chose another stall to avoid it. I admit, I was getting really lucky, but I didn’t know how long my luck would last.

When I saw Jin Ki at the end of each class, I was relieved.  I was pretty sure no one would try something if he was there watching, right? Wrong.  Somehow, I managed to trip over a leg (finally) and nearly face-planted onto the ground, which would have been much to the amusement of my fellow classmates.  Thankfully, Jin Ki caught me before I hit the ground.

 

“Gomawayo oppa…these pranks are really getting old.”

“Mianhae…it’s because you’re with me.”

 

He helped me stand up and brushed me off before taking me quickly to Psychology Class.  As we walked in, the stares suddenly became even more intense.  I guess it was because of this class that we were together, and people were resenting that fact.  Well, at least the girls in the class anyway. Taking our seats, the bell rang and Ms. Kang walked in.

 

“Welcome back from break yeorobun! I hope you had a nice one, but now it’s time to get back into track. As a reminder, your journals are due in half a month’s time, so be prepared to bring it in on time! Late journals will be docked 25% points!”

 

People in the class groaned, probably because they weren’t caught up with their journals.  I’m glad that we were, well at least I was.

 

“Oppa, how is your journal?”

“Well, I’ve written in it recently, but I’m not sure if I have enough entries.”

 

I looked at the journal I took out ruefully.

 

“Yeah, I think I have the same problem.”

 

Ms.Kang cleared as the conversations grew louder.

 

“I can tell you all aren’t exactly caught up.  Well, since today is the first day back from break, I’ll give you all some slack.  Today is a work day, so if you haven’t been caught up with your journal, you have only today to work on it.  I expect people to work, so by the end of the period, you should be able to show me at least one entry that you’ve written today.  One page minimum. Don’t groan, because if you do, I’ll revoke this workday, understood?”

“Nae seongsaengnim!”

“Chuayo.  Get working then.”

 

Flipping through my journal, I flipped to a fresh new page and put the date before setting out to write but came up blank.  So many things have happened, but I didn’t know what to write. Looking over at Oppa, I saw that he was writing and tried to take a peek. He noticed me looking and covered it, smirking playfully.

 

“You don’t know what to write about?”

“Amazingly, no I don’t.  I know there were plenty of things that I forgot to write about, and now I don’t remember them anymore.”

“Well, you can’t see what I’m writing.”

 

I stared at him, but he simply kept on staring at me amusedly.  Frowning, I turned away from him and put my pencil to paper.

“Fine! You can’t see what I’m writing either.”

 

Childishly I turned away from him slightly and hid my journal from his sight. Flipping through my past entries, I tried to think of something to write about.  Suddenly, I thought of an idea:  what if I make up a list of things that I want to have done before the project ends.  Maybe it’ll give me something interesting to write about.

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                   1/3/12

            I’m sitting in class today, writing in my journal.  Ms. Kang allowed some time for us to catch up on our entries.  I admit, I don’t have many, but I haven’t procrastinated like everyone else. I’m just having a really hard time with finding something to write about, believe it or not. You’d think that I would have something to write about, but at this very moment, all of my ideas have escaped from my head…of all times.

            Oh, I know what to write about now.  Jin Ki’s Umma invited me to dinner this weekend.  I am a little nervous, to be honest…okay, I’m really, really, really nervous.  I didn’t really have much contact with them at the party, but now, they’re the only ones that I will be able to talk to, besides Jin Ki of course.  And I’m going to their home! This seriously feels like I’m going to be married off soon, but I know I’m not going to be, at least not until after I finish university. Though, there was that comment that Jin Ki’s Umma made at the party about having a doctor in the family (she said that after I had told her I wanted to become an optometrist…).

            Well, I guess I’ll go to making that list now.  There are some things I want to do before this project ends.

            -Go volunteer at an orphanage

            -Help out at the food bank

            -Go for a picnic at the beach/park

            -Bake together

            -Go shopping

 

            Okay, that is the list that I’ve made for now.  Those will give us something to do, and write about before the end of the project comes.  Until later,

 

                                                            Kang Yun Hee

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

I looked amusedly at Yun Hee as she huffed and turned her body away from me, trying to find something to write about.  After a little while, she must have gotten an idea, because she smiled and began to write.  This time, I tried to peek at what she was writing, but her body was in the way. Shaking my head, I went back to my entry.

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                   1/3/12

            I’m sitting in class next to Yun Hee right now….and we’re both writing in our journals.  Ms. Kang kindly let us have a work day in class, since she sensed that some of us aren’t exactly caught up with our journals.  That’s fine with me, because even though I’ve written a lot more recently, I’m not sure if I have enough entries for a good grade.  This is a long term project, so I’m expecting it to be worth a lot.

            Anyway, I’m not letting Yun Hee see what I’m writing, and as a result, she has turned away from me and has hidden her entry from me as well.  Childish, but I find it cute. It’s not often that she shows me that side of her, so whenever she does, it’s a treat.  But now, I’m curious about what she is writing…

            My mother invited her to dinner this Friday, and is it strange to say that I’m not nervous? I’ve already been to her house plenty of times, and her family approves of me, but this will be the first time that she’s going to my house…I wonder how she’ll feel.  Of course, she’ll be nervous right? I mean, she was very anxious when she met my parents for the first time, and now she’s having a private dinner with them.  I guess if I were in her shoes, I would be nervous as well.  Still, I’m positive she’ll do fine; she always does.

            It’s really strange to think about how long we’ve been dating.  This project is almost over, and I’m sure most of the couples in here will go their separate ways.  I, however, am determined to keep this relationship alive.  Sure, it started off because of this project, but I’m glad that I was able to meet Yun Hee this way.  She’s definitely changed my life, and for the better.  I hope I’ve been the same effect on her life as well.  If not….I guess I’ll find out sooner or later. But, I think it’ll be all right.  If she was having problems with me, I would’ve found out already, right? Okay, now I’m just starting to doubt myself, so let’s steer away from this topic…I’ll be all right.

            Speaking of which, our 100 day anniversary is coming up, so I suppose I should start planning something, right? I heard girls take anniversaries seriously, and if I forget it….I think I’ll be kicked to the curb and forgotten, and I don’t want that to happen! The big question is: what am I going to do? Obviously, it has to be something special, something unique so she can remember it….something that will be considered as an episodic memory and will be engrained in her head (I hope I used that word right).

            Well, I think I’ve run out of ideas on this entry.  Time to wrap it up, and I promise to write soon!

 

Lee Jin Ki

 

I finished writing and looked over at Yun Hee.  She was doodling something on a scratch piece of paper, so I assumed she was done with her entry already.

 

“Yun Hee ya, are you done?”

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’ve finished the one page entry.  I think it’ll be enough for now, since I have been writing in the journal, and it meets the requirements for Ms. Kang.  Are you done?”

 

She glanced at my open journal.

 

“It seems like you wrote a lot.”

“Well, I suppose more than usual, but it’s still barely over a page.”

“Ah, geu dae?”

“Mm hmm.  So….what did you write about?”

 

She look at me through squinted eyes.

 

“Are you going to tell me if I tell you? You didn’t seem so eager to tell me what you were writing about before.”

 

I shrugged my shoulders before leaning back in my chair and crossing my arms.

“Sure, why not.  I was only teasing you before, and I have to say, your reaction was worth it.”

 

Yun Hee’s cheeks flushed a rose pink, indicating to me that she was probably embarrassed, both from acting childish, and from my compliment. She cleared a little while later and nodded.

 

“I guess I’ll show you what I’ve been writing.  Do you want to read it, or have me talk about it?”

“I think reading it will be fine.”

 

She hesitantly handed me her journal, and took awhile to let go.  I grinned at her and simply pushed my journal toward her.  Taking it up, she began reading my entry, and I hers. Once we were done, the both of us looked up at each other. I smirked and handed back her journal as she gave me back mine.

 

“So, having my mom invite you over to dinner makes it seem like you’re getting married off?”

 

Yun Hee’s eyes widened and her face flushed again, before looking away.  She was just too adorable.  Too bad I can’t kiss her in class…

 

“Well, you’re imagining that you’re getting married off to me, right?”

 

She looked back at me again quickly and clamped her hand over my mouth.  She looked around to see if anyone heard what I had just said before glaring back at me.

 

“Don’t say that out loud! I’ve already had enough trouble for one day.”

 

I smiled underneath her hand and reached up to pull her hand off of my mouth, lacing our fingers together.

“Well jagiya, I’m glad you’re thinking about it, since it’s going to happen one day.”

 

She looked up at me, bewildered once again.

 

“Do you really mean that?”

“Of course I do.  I’m a man of my word, aren’t I?”

 

She pretended to think about it before smiling brightly at me.

 

“I suppose, but I have quite a long time to judge that.”

 

I scoffed and looked away before smiling.  I always loved our little sarcastic banters, since they were always something that I thought about before going to bed.  The things Yun Hee says, the expressions she makes, everything is worth remembering.

Suddenly, Ms. Kang stood up and announced she would be checking our work now.  Yun Hee and I separated our hands (unfortunately) and set our journals in front of us for the check up.  Stopping by the two of us, Ms. Kang glanced over our journals and nodded her head before moving on.  Pretty soon, she was done with her check and the bell rang for the class to end. 

Standing up, I laced our fingers back together and led Yun Hee out of the classroom.  Once we were outside, I took my hand away and slid it around her waist instead. 

 

“Jagiya.”

“Yes?”

“Let’s go eat outside today, okay?”

“That sounds fine.  Maybe I can get away from the public eye for a little while.  I’ll tell my friends.”

 

After quickly getting our lunches and telling Jun Ki, Ji Eun, Ha Ni, and Hye Mi about our plans, I led Yun Hee outside toward a secluded place I used to eat when I had a bad day.  It was underneath a large oak tree in the corner of the school’s backyard, and nearly no one frequented there.  I found a bench in the old shed nearby and set it there the first time I found it, and that was where we sat.

 

“Wow, I didn’t know a place like this existed on our campus.”

“That’s because I found it, and whatever I find is special.”

“Of course oppa, whatever you say,” Yun Hee said with a smile on her face. Which reminds me…

 

“Jagiya?”

 

Yun Hee looked up from her lunch and turned her head toward mine.  As she did, I leaned in and kissed her.  I felt her stiffen out of surprise, but slowly she relaxed.  After a little while, I pulled away and smiled.

 

“I’ve been wanting to do that all morning.”

 

She blushed and turned away, saying something under her breath (I think it was something along the lines of ‘ert’ but I wasn’t sure).  It’s amazing how she can still blush, but that’s what I love about her.  She’s innocent, and perfect the way she is. I wonder if she knows how beautiful she looks.

 

“Do you know how beautiful you look?”

“No, but from the way you’re looking at me, I think I have an idea.”

 

She smirked at me before holding up her spoon.

 

“Oppa, ah!”

 

It was some pasta.  Fine, I guess I’ll eat, though I know she's trying to distract me.  After I finished chewing, I opened my mouth to talk again, but Yun Hee simply put a piece of breadstick in my mouth.  Arggh! I couldn’t continue with my compliments. I gave her a look while I was chewing and she giggled.

 

“It’s all right oppa, I know what you want to say.  Just eat first, hmm? I can wait for the compliments.”

 

Rolling my eyes, I gave her a piece of bread and smiled as I watched her eat.  I admit, it was a strange thing to look at, but she still looked cute while eating…am I strange?

 

“Oppa, why are you staring so hard? Am I that amusing when I’m eating?”

“Ani, you’re kyeopta.”

“You’re so weird…”

“And you know you lo…like that!”

“Sure oppa…”

 

Woah, I almost said love.  I think that would have brought up some strange looks coming from Yun Hee.  Speaking of which, do I love her? I know I really, really, really, like her right now, but is it love yet? Is there some big awesome clue or hint to tell me when I will love her? Should I already be loving her? Ugh, thinking about this is hurting my head. I guess I’ll find out sooner or later, but I wonder when…

 

“Oppa…oppa…oppa!”

“Huh?! Did you say something?”

“I called you three times. Is there something wrong?”

I cleared my throat and shook my head.

 

“Ani, I was just thinking about something. What were you saying?”

 

No need to tell her what I was thinking about, at least not yet.  I don’t want to scare her away.

 

“I was asking what I should do, since every girl seems to be after my head today, and will continue to do so for the rest of my high school career!”

 

I smiled at her dramatization of things, and shook my head.  I pulled her closer and laid her head on my shoulder before I spoke.

 

“Don’t worry Jagiya.  I have your back, and if anything happens to you, I promise that whoever hurts you won’t get away with it.”

“As much as I would like that, I don’t really like the sound of you getting violent over me.”

“Oh, it won’t be me.  It’ll be the body guards.”

 

I felt Yun Hee shake as I heard her laugh at my comment. Smiling, I spoke again.

 

“I was kidding about that part, but what I said about protecting you was true.  I won’t let anyone hurt you, I promise.”

 

Yun Hee pulled away and looked at me smiling. Laying her head back on my shoulder, she laced her fingers through mine once again.

 

“Thank you oppa.  I know I can count on you.”

 

And you always will be able to, always.

 


 

Well, that's the end of chapter 51!

How was it? I made Jin Ki pretty romantic (at least, I think I did) in here :D

Again, please wait patiently for the next chapter, but seriously, I'll have plenty of time after exams to update...I won't be doing anything in class, or have any homework ^^

As always:

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

amyra961: Yup, Yun Hee doesn't let anyone mess with her! :D

OnewxChicken4Ever: Yeah, I'm finally back (SHNee's back! ^^) (again) and won't be for awhile after this...please wait patiently, and I won't let you done ^^

Lorena: I'm back again,(SHINee's back! LOL)  but not for long.  Still thrilled you like this story ^^

viechu: Thank you for liking my story! I'm surprised I've gone this long, but I love it and hope to keep improving.

pResTige: Yeah, people don't know when to mind their own business! Haha

ke_xin: Haha, I hope you liked this update as well...it'll be awhile until the next one ;(

onsangtae: Sorry for making you aggravated? xD I'll try to update more frequently after my exams! Please don't be disappointed in me ;(

Iheartlife: Glad to know you like it ^^

ilovekpopp: Yay! She's happy.  If you're happy with the story, then so am I :D

Shizine19: Thanks for your cheer! I'll think of it during my exams ^^

Vengeance: I hope you like this update (I'm sure you've read 49 and 50 by now?) I'll see you after my exams :D

SHINeepoofs: Haven't had school in awhile? I'm guess that's a good thing? LOL I hope you like this update!

yowmemeng: I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long ;( I'll try to update more frequently after my exams, I promise!

sipeoyo: I'm thrilled to hear you LOVE THIS STORY! Assa! ^^ What does your username mean btw?

Bananaa: I've already answered your question, but thanks for reading as well :D