~Christmas Dinner

Psychology Boyfriend

Raw update again you guys ;(

So sorry...Christmas is a busy day after all.

I promise I'll clean everything up tomorrow.

Until then :D

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“How many more do I have left?”

“One, I believe.”

“I know I said all before break, but I’ll save the last kiss for Christmas. Make sure you have some mistletoe in your house somewhere, so I have an excuse.”

I blushed as I picked up my bag and opened the door to exit the car.

“Oppa, you’re unbelievable.”

“I know, but that’s part of the reason why you like me, right?”

I laughed and nodded before stepping out of the car and closing the door. Standing back, I waved bye to Jin Ki. He waved back before grinning and driving off. Waiting on the sidewalk until I couldn’t see him anymore, I turned around and went into the house. My hand phone suddenly rang, and I took it out, checking the text that I had just received. Smiling, I read what it said.

 

- Be prepared for a bombard of texts from me. Bogoshipeo.

- Jin Ki oppa ^^

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Kok chong hajima: Don't worry

Tal: Daughter

Ooyu: Milk

 Oneului nalshi jongmal chuwo: It's such a cold day outside! (I hope this is right..anyone to vouch for it?)

Seonmul: Present

Ara (informal): I know

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                              12/16/11

            Today is the beginning of break, but I won’t be able to spend it with Jin Ki…at least for the first half.  His parents are making him stay home with them, since they’re going to be going on a business trip on Christmas.  They want to spend time with Jin Ki before they leave, and I understand that.  I have nothing against it, but I feel a little sad that he’s not allowed to see me at all.

            You see, Jin Ki’s parents don’t approve of us dating.  They say that I’m distracting Jin Ki from his studies, and that I’m a bad influence.  Ironically, my brother, Yun Ho oppa says that Jin Ki is a bad influence on me.  I guess everyone has a different point of view, but honestly, no one is having a bad influence on anyone.  Jin Ki is already the valecdictorian, and he really doesn’t want to make any other effort to be his best, despite my persuasions. In fact, I’m always the one who tells him to do his homework instead of procrastinating. To some extent, he listens to me. 

            As for me, he always lends a helping hand when I need some clarification or explanation on what we’re learning. I think that we’ve actually become better students than before. But, we’ll see how everything turns out, and hopefully others will accept our relationship.

            On the bright side, Jin Ki is coming over for Christmas dinner.  Hopefully, this will be the chance for him to prove to Yun Ho oppa that he is a good boyfriend to me, and that he’ll be someone Yun Ho can rely on to protect me.  Crossed fingers! Until later,

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

The week that went by before Christmas was almost antagonizing in a way. No, I wasn’t being tortured or anything, but I just wanted to see Jin Ki, and all I could do was text him.  Like he warned me, he texted me almost constantly, whenever his parents would let him (meaning that whenever they weren’t looking)

 

At home, I simply did my homework and spent time with Yun Ho oppa. Not only that, I had to go shopping to buy presents for my family.  That was probably the hardest part.  I had already given my friends and the rest of Jin Ki’s friends presents before break ended, so that was all out of the way.  Since I knew that I would be seeing Jin Ki on Christmas, I decided to save his gift till then.  When I had finally gotten all my shopping done (which was the day before Christmas eve), I locked myself in my room and finished wrapping them before putting them under our Christmas tree.  Yun Ho had gotten the tree a couple of days earlier, and we spent a whole morning decorating it.  It was fun, because it was a time for use to talk about things and catch up. 

Finally, it was Christmas Eve.  Everyone was in high spirits, because honestly, who wouldn’t be (that’s a rhetorical question...so don’t answer it).

The house was in tip top shape, not that we were going to have any guests coming, but it was nice to walk around and see all the hard work we did pay off on the eyes.  As I walked into the kitchen to get a bit of breakfast, Umma suddenly glomped me with a worried look on her face.

 

“Yun Hee!”

“Deh Umma?”

“Did you invite Jin Ki to Christmas dinner with us? It slipped my mind to tell you that!”

 

I smiled and nodded.

 

“Kok chong ha jima Umma.  I did.”

“Thank goodness that I have a tal like you.”

“Arasso Umma,” I said, chuckling. 

 

Walking to the refrigerator, I opened it and took out the jug of Ooyu, pouring myself a glass. Luckily, Yun Ho oppa wasn’t awake yet.  He was soaking up all the sleep he could get before going back to college.  He would have blown a gasket.  It’s best to just get Jin Ki here tonight, so he wouldn’t be able to send him home before the night ended.

When the evening approached, I couldn’t wait for the doorbell to ring, because I knew that it would be Jin Ki. In the spirit of Christmas, I wore a long red and white patterned sweater dress with some dark grey leggings.  I pulled my hair in a bun, and tied a small bow around it.  Since it was cold, I finished off the look with some Christmas styled stockings.

http://x.ysi.bz/739/0000070739.jpg

 

 To pass the time, I went here and there, fixing things that didn’t really needed to be fixed. When the doorbell rang, I had to keep myself from running to it, but it was useless.  Yun Ho oppa beat me to the door.

 

“I’ll get it, Yun Ho said as he walked toward the door.  I bit my lip, waiting for what was to come.  When Yun Ho opened the door, there was a silence before I heard him speak.

 

“What are you doing here?!”

 

Jin Ki cleared his throat before answering.

 

“Yun Hee invited me?”

 

Yun Ho turned to me with a questioning look on his face.

 

“Did you Yun Hee?”

“Deh, at Umma’s request.”

 

His eyes bulged out.

 

“U..umma wanted him to be here too?”

“Deh! Umma! Jin Ki is here,” I called before walking to the door and pushing Yun Ho to the side softly.  Smiling, I looked at Jin Ki before letting him into the house.  He handed a bag to me before coming in and taking off his shoes, closing the door behind him.  Umma came into the door and greeted Jin Ki.

 

“Jin Ki dear, how great of you to come!  Come inside by the fire.  Oneului nalshi jongmal chuwo!

“Deh, kamsamhamnida eomonim.”

 

Turning to Yun Ho oppa, Jin Ki smiled and spoke.

 

“It’s nice to see you hyung.”

“Yah! Who gave you permission to call me that?!”

 

Before anything could happen, I decided to intervene.

 

“Oppa, Jin Ki is younger than you, so of course he would call you hyung.”

 

Grasping Jin Ki’s hand, I led him into the living room, where I had him sit down.

 

“Oppa, what’s this?” I asked, pointing to the bag.

“Seonmul, for you and your family.”

“You shouldn’t have…”

“I know, but I wanted to. I have to impress remember?”

 

Smiling, I nodded, taking the wrapped presents from the bag and putting them under the Christmas tree. As I got up, I turned around and saw Yun Ho standing to the side, glaring at Jin Ki’s head.  Looking back and forth, I knew that we wouldn’t be having any alone time together tonight. Luckily, Umma called, saying dinner was ready and the tension was temporarily broken..but not for long.  At the dinner table, Umma and Appa sat side by side.  I chose to sit by Umma, and motioned for Jin Ki oppa to sit beside me, but before he could, Yun Ho oppa took the seat.  Frowning, I looked at Yun Ho, who was ignorant of my feelings.  Jin Ki simply took the seat next to Appa, who immediately struck up a conversation with him.  Speaking quietly to Yun Ho oppa, I scolded him.

 

“Oppa, that seat was for Jin Ki oppa.”

“Ara.”

“So why did you sit there?”

“Because I don’t want him being around you.”

“Why are you so against him?”

“Because he’s corrupting my baby sister.”

 

I nearly choked on the piece of turkey I was eating. Chewing thoroughly before chewing, I turned to glare at Yun Ho oppa, who innocently continued to eat.

 

“Jin Ki,” Umma said. “Are you going to stay with us till Christmas morning?”

 

Eyes wide, Yun Ho oppa and I turned to look at Umma.  Did she just invite Jin Ki oppa to stay the night?

“Well, I assumed that I would be going home sometime after dinner,” Jin Ki oppa replied.

“Deh, Umma.  He doesn’t have to stay the night,” Yun Ho said with a bit of bite to his words.

“Nonsense! We have extra rooms, and I see no problem in letting him stay the night.  After all, he brought presents for the all of us, and I think he would want to stay to see our reactions to them, don’t you?”

 

Jin Ki nodded.

 

“Deh, but are you sure I can stay?”

“Keu reom nyo! Won’t it be all right yeobo?”

 

Appa thought for a little while before nodding.

 

“I don’t see anything wrong with it.  As long as Jin Ki is fine with it, then I’ll consent.”

“Perfect.  Well then Jin Ki?”

“If no one objects, then I’d be happy to stay.”

“Umma! Appa!”

 

Yun Ho cried out, begging with his eyes to make them change their decision.

 

“Yun Ho dear, there is no need to shout at the table.  We can all hear you.”

 

I sniggered as Yun Ho’s attempt was shot down.  He silently fumed as he continued eating his dinner.  I looked over at Jin Ki and smiled as his eyes met mine. He grinned as well, and dinner finished without any other events.

 


 

--iluvreading--: I hope you had a nice Christmas to! And glad you liked the update!

rialoves: Yeah, I was going to make it longer, but it was 2 in the morning for me, and...you get what I mean xD

TOKYOBUBBLE: I'm so glad you liked it :D Thanks for the sweet comment!

tofulurvers: Yeah, I can't help but make him mushy xD

Lorena: I hope you had a nice Christmas as well. Thanks for liking the chapter!

dearorchid: I'm so happy this story made your favorites list :D And thanks for the congrats, in addition to the poster! I LOVE it :D

onsangtae: Yeah, he couldn't sleep until I finished typing and had turned off the light xD

Liv2Dance: Confess like saying he love her? Oh....

Vengeance: Hmm...things are too good to be true?

geldubu3424: Yeah, I really like Onew as well :D And you're on chapter 6? When you see this, I hope you enjoy the upcoming chapters!

jay_rose: I hope you had a nice holiday as well :D

starlove: Yeah, Jin Ki and his kisses xD

bloopshining: I want to be a couple like Yun Hee and Jin Ki as well :D

tofulurvers: Yeah, Yun Ho is at a slight disadvantage here....

SHINeepoofs: Yeah, I think Kok chong ma is what I put earlier, but when I went back, I learned I heard it wrong...>.< Sorry!

Shizine19: I wonder wen Yun Ho will accept that fact..hmm xD And it would be cool to have an older brother like him xD

rialoves: Yeah, Yun Hee's parents are pretty cool :D