~Misunderstandings and Avoidings

Psychology Boyfriend

I'm so stoked!

I just finished my tests, and I"m feeling semi-confident about them.  Wish me luck..because they will make/break my grades >.<

And! I'm on Thanksgiving Break, which means one whole week to write!

Not really xD I have a mountain high load of Bio homework, some Pre-Calculus, and some English...not to mention I have to study for the SAT and finish my drivers ed once and for all :/

Blech...but I will still write ^^

Anyway, lets get this chapter going.

 


 

Previous Chapter:

I just realized…I didn’t tell Yun Ho oppa about my psychology project. I wonder what he will say when he find out I have a boyfriend now?

He’d probably freak out and try to hunt down the guy that ‘ruined my innocence’. He’s really protective of me, so I was a bit reluctant to tell him about Jin Ki. Maybe I would ease it in when Christmas came or something? I can tell that he won’t be happy that I’ve kept this from him for that long.

Did Umma or Appa tell about Jin Ki yet? I wonder if they’ve even talked to him recently. If they have, then I wonder why he didn’t bring the topic up while we were talking? It couldn’t have slipped his mind. In fact, it should’ve been the first thing we talked about. I’m guessing he hasn’t talked to them recently….

I could only imagine what would happen when I finally broke the new to him about Jin Ki. Jin Ki had better be prepared.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Chongmal choahae: I really like you

 


 

The next day came around as usual.  I woke up at the right time, did my morning routine, ate breakfast, and walked outside.  Jin Ki picked me up and drove us to school.  He walked me to Calculus before going to his class.  It was normal, except for one thing: he hugged me this time.  He’s never done that before, and I have a feeling I know why.

 

When I walked into class, I took my seat, noticing that Jun Ki was already there.  After I took out my books, he turned to me.

 

“Annyoung Yun Hee ya!”

“Annyoung.  Did you enjoy your first day yesterday?”

“Keu reom nyo.  I met people like you yesterday.  How could I have not enjoyed it?”

“Keu dae yo?  That’s nice to know.”

“Yeah..."

 

He looked down shyly before glancing up at me.

 

  "Hey, I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me today.”

 

I looked at him perplexingly.

 

“Yeah, we did that yesterday, didn’t we?”

“No, we ate with your friends yesterday.  I was just wondering if would like to eat, just the two of us.”

 

What was this?  Was he asking me to have some alone time with him?  Does he like me or something?  I mean, you don’t just ask someone to eat alone with you unless you like that person, right?

 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t.  I don’t think it would be right for me to do that.”

 

He laughed.

 

“What, do you think it would be improper?  It's not the Joseon Dynasty here. We’re just eating lunch.  Besides, it’s not like you have a boyfriend, right?”

 

I looked at him incredulously.  Even after seeing Jin Ki kiss me yesterday, and the two of us holding hands, how did he not realize that I had a boyfriend?  Was he being clueless on purpose, or is he just stupid? Or did he really not see use do all that stuff yesterday?

 

“Actually—”

“Never mind I asked that.  Just meet me on the school rooftop, yeah?  And don’t worry about bring lunch.  I got it all covered.”

 

He grinned before turning to the front of the class.  Before I could say anything, the teacher had started the lecture.  I would have to explain to him after class or something.  I sighed and put my pencil to paper, writing down the notes I would need.

 

Once the bell rang, I packed my things before getting up.  It was then that I realized that Jun Ki was nowhere to be seen.  Maybe when I get to the next period, I can tell him.  When I walked outside, Jin Ki was there waiting for me.  He reached for my hand and we both walked to my next class. He looked at my face once, and immediately saw that something was wrong.

 

“Yun Hee ya, gwen cha na?”

“Yes, I’m fine.  Kok chong hajima.”

 

It wasn’t really anything.  I could solve it within the next period, so there was no point in telling him.  It would only get him worked up.

 

“Are you sure?  You know you can tell me anything.”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

 

I smiled at him and continued to walk on.  After arriving at my class, Jin Ki hugged me again before walking off.  Walking into class, I sat down next to Ki Bum.

 

“Annyoung Ki Bum.”

“Annyoung Yun Hee.  How was first period?”

“Nothing special, I think.”

“You think?”

“Well, it was—”

 

And at that moment the bell rang, beginning class.  I cursed inwardly and began to take out my notebook for notes.  I looked at Ki Bum and told him that I would tell him later.  He nodded and turned back to his notes.

 

 I decided to tell Ki Bum it was nothing before leaving class.  I could tell he didn’t fully believe me, but he let it go anyway. I didn’t even get a chance to talk to Jun Ki either.  I decided to wait till the next period, yet again, but I realized that he was avoiding me.  Even walking to third period, I didn’t see him until class began, and even then I couldn’t talk to him.  Tae Min and Jong Hyun sensed my sour mood, but didn’t have a chance to ask me why I was so cross.

 

I even walked out the classroom without noticing Jin Ki there until he grabbed my arm.

 

“Aish, that kid.  Does he think that by avoiding me that I’ll still go see him?!”

“What are you talking about Yun Hee? Who are you going to see?”

 

I looked at Jin Ki in surprise.  I wasn’t supposed to say that out loud, but I did, and now Jin Ki knows.  I sighed and began to explain.

 

“This morning, Jun Ki asked me to eat lunch alone with him.”

I was afraid to look, but I looked anyway.  I could see that Jin Ki’s mood that turned bitter, with his mouth in a thin line.

 

“And I told him that I couldn’t, but he asked my why.  Before I could explain that it wouldn’t be right, because I had a boyfriend, he interrupted me with something and then the bell rang.  I was going to talk to him during passing period, but he’s been avoiding me.  It’s like he knows that I’m going to refuse him, so he’s hiding.  Does he think that will help? In the end, I’m still going to say no.  Ugh!”

 

“I was right in being worried about that kid.  He’s more than he looks…”

“Oppa?”

 

Jin Ki shook his head and grinned at me.  I wondered what he had said under this breath.”

“Hmm? Oh, sorry.  I was just talking to myself.  Anyway, you should forget about that Jun Ki guy.”

“Ottokae?  He’s been pissing me off al—“”

 

And my words were cut off when Jin Ki suddenly kissed me.  Moving away before I could react, Jin Ki grinned and pulled me along to psychology. 

 

“Y..yah.  Oppa, why did you do that?”

 

I was still blushing from the kiss as we sat down in class.  I noticed that Jun Ki was boring holes into my head.

 

“Do what Yun Hee?”

“You know what I’m talking about!”

 

He smirked and leaned close to my ear.

 

“You asked me how you could forget your incident, so I showed you.”

“Aish, oppa! You’re so sneaky these days.”

 

He leaned back and grinned.

 

“At least I helped you, right? Isn’t that a good thing?  We could always do it again if you need to.”

 

He winked at me and then focused back to the front of the class as the teacher began the lecture.  I blushed to the roots of my hair and ducked my head down, writing in my notebook.  Jin Ki really was a different person than what I had previously viewed him as.  He was definitely not cold and mean.  Instead, he was a sneaky, caring, mischievous, and sometimes overly confident.  I didn’t mind though.  That was what made Jin Ki, “Jin Ki”.  I’d be wrong to say that I wished he was different.

 

After class ended, I stood up after packing my bag, and was surprised to see a wad of paper thrown onto my desk. I picked it up curiously and opened it.

 

Remember, we have a date at the rooftop during lunch.

I’ll see you there Yun Hee ya ^^

 

- JK

 

Reading it, I scoffed and crumpled it up again. He really was dense, wasn’t he? At least it was signed JK, so I’m going to give myself the benefit of the doubt, and assume it’s not his initials, but something else.  Maybe...joking? If he’s joking, then I don’t have to go, right? Well, it’s not like I had a obligation to go in the first place, but this had some value in assisting me standing him up, no matter how invalid it was.  As I walked out the door, I tossed the note into the recycling bin.

 

“What did that guy give you?”

 

I could sense the suspicion in Jin Ki’s voice. I looked at him innocently and smiled.

 

“Oh nothing.  It was signed JK, so I assumed he wasn’t serious.  Let’s go eat oppa, deh?”

 

Jin Ki laughed and shook his head.  I suppose he got the lame joke I made. 

 

“You’re interesting to be around jagiya.”

“Thanks, glad to be of service!”

 

I laughed along with him, but then stopped when I realized something.  If I remember and heard correctly, he just said jagiya.

 

“Oppa…”

“Wae?”

“What did you just call me?”

“What do you mean? Jagiya?”

 

I looked him, but found that he was looking straight, his cheeks flushed pink.  I grinned as I realized that Jin Ki had called me that without thinking about what he was saying.  I guess he was feeling the same way I was.

 

“Yeah, that.  Do you think you could say it again? Just so I can confirm it?”

 

He coughed and glanced sideways at me.  I smiled as we walked into the cafeteria.  It was getting noisier now, but I guess it increased Jin Ki’s confidence, since no one would really hear him.  He leaned down near my ear.

 

“Jagiya, chongmal choahae.”

 

I grinned as I turned my head and pecked him on the cheek.  Grinning, I took in his flushed face and dragged him over to the lunch line, where we proceeded to obtain our lunch.

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                    10/27/11

          Today was totally filled with drama.  When I say that, I mean more drama than I'm used to.  There's the new student, as I've already mentioned, and he seems to be getting a little too close for comfort.  He seems to be very familar with me, as if we've been very good friends.  I'm not as quite comfortable, as he keeps on making things awkward.  He's speaking banmal with me, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I'm finding it hard to talk banmal with him in return.  I said I'd try to use it when I'm talking with him, but formal speech just keeps coming out.  I can't help it.

          Also, Jin Ki isn't finding this amusing.  Everytime he sees Jun Ki, I can almost see the daggers he is shooting in Jun Ki's direction.  It makes me smile in a way (not beause of the daggers part), because it makes me feel like I'm appreciated, like I'm someone that he likes and is getting jealous for.  That's what he's doing...right?  Or he is just unusually agressive toward other males?

          Jun Ki was already the cause of our last fight, and now I wonder what will happen next.  He asked me to eat alone with him today, and naturally, I refused, yet he refuses to accept it.  I've stood him up (mean I know), and I'm wondering what will happen next when I see him in Biology.  Not going to be a pretty scene, but maybe I can avoid it? Seriously, what does he expect me to do after I told him that I wouldn't go? It makes me mad how he thinks that he can get away with it. 

          On a brighter note, Jin Ki just called me jagiya.  I don't think he meant to say it intentionally (or did he?), but when we were talking, it suddenly slipped out.  I had a double take there, trying to make sure that he did indeed say it. When I asked him to say it again, he broke out in an adorable blush.  It made me blush when I realized that he actally called me jagiya.  I like it.  He finally has something to call me by.  I just call him oppa, but should I give him a pet name too? I wonder what I could call him?  I'll get back to you on that later.  The bell is going to ring soon, so I"ll write again later.

 

Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                     10/27/11

          Yun Hee is being mean and won't let me see what she is writing.  Why is it so important that she keeps it private.  I mean, Ms. Kang will end up reading it, and I'm her boyfriend, so why can't I read it? Not fair....

          Anyway, it's lunch right now, and since Yun Hee is writing in her journal, and refuses to let me see, I  decided that I might as well write in mine too.  I've been neglecting it, and I don't think that will do well for my grade.

          We had a fight yesterday, sort of.  I was getting jealous of Jun Ki, so I ended up ignoring her out of my anger for the rest of the day.  When I got home, I felt really guilty, especially after what happened to her, so I went to the florist's (with a suggestion from a friend) and bought her a bouquet, hoping that if I gave it to her, she would forgive me.  I remember seeing her open the door with a frown on her face as I bowed my head and held out the flowers, spealing out everything I could say about how sorry I was.  Luckily, she forgave me without any hassle.  She's really too good for me.

          There's also this matter we had today.  We were talking, and when I was trying to address her, I ended up saying jagiya.  She didn't believe her ears, so she made me say it again.  Honestly, I've been wanting to call her that for awhile know, but I was afraid that if I did, I would scare her away into thinking that we were moving too fast.  But seriously, when is the right time to give each other pet names? I have no experience in this dating field, and it's killing me.  Either way, I was glad that she liked it.  I wonder if she'll give me a pet name too...

          Anyway, the bell is going to ring soon, so I'll write more later.

 

Lee Jin Ki

 


 

Done!

I just realized how much I've been neglecting the journal entries, which are essential to the story...Sorry >.<

I'll try to add more of those in from now on.

Also, you're probably where Hee Mi blissfully disappeared to...well, you'll see her resurface again, so look forward to that!

Anyway, since I am having break, I will be writing a lot more, so expect one or two updates within the next week! (No promises though)

Please:

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Gtvy67: Aww, thanks for the compliment ^^ I'm glad that you like the plot, and I hope that you'll stay to the end (whenever that may be)

pResTige: Hello there! I hope you liked the chapter this week :D

shawol4lifeminnie:  Thanks, I'm so glad I got them back :D And I would love to have a boyfriend like that...I'll keep on dreaming then.

SHINeepoofs:  Flowers do die, but you know, it's the thought that counts :D

ForeverInLove:  Hee Mi has to return...she's the source of all the drama xD

rialoves:  Yeah, I'm stoked I have my files back now too ^^ Picures, chapters, and homework.  The works! xD

starlove:  Yup, Yun Ho..wonder how he will react to Jin Ki :/

amyra961:  Yeah, I would like a boyfriend and friends like Yun Hee, and we can keep dreaming, because if you dream hard enough, it will come true!

pinkittenluvsxkpop:  Thank you m'dear.  I will certainly keep it up.  Would be a bit slacking on my part if I do, right? ^^

Vengeance:  Yeah, don't worry.  I won't let it happen to me again.  Back up storage for files ready :D

iluvreading: Yes, I remember you ^^ I'm glad you had the time to check out this story, so don't feel bad.  Every reader, no matter when is loved and appreciated.

crazy4you:  Mm, I write the chapter, and as phrases come up that I can think of Korean phrases for, or know how to write it somewhat, then I substitute the korean phrase or word in.  I admit, I use the internet a lot for him xD So hopefully it's accurate.

forgetfulxangel:  Thank you! And yes, I can't wait to see the "show down" between Jin Ki and Yun Ho as well ;)

ohzuii56:  Yeah, I'd be pretty happy of Jin Ki gave me flowers too xD And yes, I love my daddy.  I can't wait to see the interactiong between Jin Ki and Yun Ho as wel :D

MissLOLA1412:  Thank YOU for being an amazing reader and subscriber <3

MechanicalAngel:  Yes, files are back, thank my dad :D Hope you liked this chapter!