~Thoughts of Acceptance

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello everyone ^^

Sorry I didn't update sooner.  I've been so busy with holiday chores and stuff...including homework

I have tons of homework over break >.< Oh well, at leat it's doable.

Anyway, I hope you like this update, and look forward to the ones coming up next!

Also, I've created a collection of oneshots called "Holiday Happenings" starring every one of the SHINee members. 

I'd appreciate it if you went and gave that a try :D

 


 

Previous Chapter:

He smiled as he pulled me in and bent down to kiss me. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I kissed him back.

Suddenly, I heard the door of car open and the sound of someone calling my name.

“Yun Hee!”

Pulling back abruptly, I turned around to see Yun Ho oppa standing a little ways from where I stood with Jin Ki. His face was furious as he strode forward and pulled me roughly away from Jin Ki. He pushed me behind him as he faced Jin Ki with a glare.

“What are you doing to Yun Hee?”

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Majayo: That's right

Saram: Person

Jashik: Kid (meant to be insulting in this context)

Oppa deul: More than one oppa

Keum man haja: Stop this

Mi Guk: America

Ramyun: Ramen!

Hak gyo: School

Chal cha: Sleep tight

Naega mideoyo: I believe you (not quite sure on this one..anyone?)

 


 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?”

 

He glanced at me from the front.

 

“I’m home for winter break, remember?”

 

I finally remembered that Yun Ho oppa said he would be coming home today.  I guess I had forgotten all about it when I was studying for the exams.

 

“Ah…majayo.”

 

I looked over at Jin Ki, who was looking at me strangely, and then back at Yun Ho oppa.

 

“Yun Hee, who is this saram? Why are you calling him oppa?”

 

Yun Ho pushed me further behind him before speaking up.

 

“You never answered my question.  What were you doing to Yun Hee?”

“None of your business.”

 

Yun Ho took a threatening step toward Jin Ki.

 

“This Jashik!”

 

Sensing something bad happening, I hurriedly ran in between them, putting the both of my hands up.

 

“Cha ka man nyo.  Before you both start over reacting, lets calm down a little bit, okay?”

 

Yun Ho grasped my hand, pulling me towards him.

 

“Yun Hee, don’t go near him.”

 

Jin Ki held onto my other arm and pulled me towards his way.

 

“Yun Hee, tell me who this guy is!”

 

They both continued to spout commands to me, pulling me this way and that.  After a little while, I couldn’t take it anymore.  These oppa deul seriously did not know when to stop.  Forcefully yanking myself away from them, I stepped back.

 

“Keum man ha ja!”

“Yun Hee!” Yun Ho and Jin Ki oppa cried at the same time.

 

“Chincharu!  You two need to chill out and talk calmly with each other.”

 

Turning to Yun Ho oppa, I spoke to him first.

 

“First of all oppa, this guy whom you call jashik is my namja chingu.  And before you say anything, he wasn’t harassing me.  We were simply hugging.”

 

Turning to Jin Ki, I now addressed him.

 

“Jin Ki, this is Yun Ho oppa.  And before you jump to conclusions, he’s my older brother, not a friend.  He goes to college in Mi Guk, and returned home today for break.”

 

Now addressing the both up them, I looked back and forth between the two, trying to see if anymore tension was building up.

 

“Now that I’ve answered your questions, please try to be civilized with each other.”

 

Jin Ki suddenly bowed and stood up straight afterward, addressing Yun Ho oppa.

 

“Choesamnida for the misunderstanding.  Choneun Lee Jin Ki imnida, otherwise known as Yun Hee’s namja chingu.  I hope you’ll be able to take care of me.”

 

Yun Ho stayed silent, continuing to scrutinize Jin Ki up and down.  Jin Ki looked at him and then glanced at me, telling me with his eyes how awkward it was.  Breathing a deep sigh, I spoke up.

 

“It’s getting cold outside, so lets go in oppa, arasso?”

“Arasso,”

 

 Yun Ho said, before wrapping his arm around my shoulders and leading me to the front door.  I turned my head to look at Jin Ki as we walked by him, and waved bye.  He lifted his hand in response and smiled reassuringly at me before turning around and entering his car before driving off.  Yun Ho had opened the door with his key, and now we were inside the house.  As I took off my shoes, he locked the door and then proceeded to take off his.  When we walked into the living room, he spoke again.

 

“Now, how about we start over.”

“Start over?”

“I’m home from college.  Doesn’t that ring a bell?”

 

I grinned as he opened his arms and I went to hug him.  It had been a long time since I’ve seen him, and it was finally good to have him home again.  Stepping back, I looked at him.

 


“Your hair is getting longer oppa. And did your face get thinner? What are you eating over there?! I hope you’ve been eating more than just bowls of ramyun!”

 

He chuckled before ruffling my hair.

 

“I’ll get a hair cut tomorrow, and gwen cha na.  I’ve been eating just fine. My roommate is quite the cook himself, and he’s actually been spoiling me. It’s probably because of the stress that my face has gotten thinner.  I’ll make sure to eat lots while I’m home.  I’ve missed a good home meal.”

“Arasso. I’ll make sure to make you something good to eat.”

 

Hearing our voices, Umma and Appa came from upstairs.  Seeing Yun Ho, Umma rushed down and gave him a big hug, firing questions one after another.  Appa came down after and simply clapped Yun Ho oppa on the shoulder, asking if he’s been well.  Smiling widely, oppa happily answered Umma’s questions and reassured Appa that he’s been doing fine.

 

I snuck away as the three made themselves comfortable in the living room, with Yun Ho talking about his time in Mi Guk for the last couple of months.  Doing my nightly routine, I changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and washed my face before going back down into the living room, where Umma and Appa were still talking with Yun Ho.

 

“I have school tomorrow, so I’m heading to bed now.  Good night Umma, Appa, oppa.  I”ll see you in the morning.”

“Arasso Yun Hee ya.  We’ll see you in the morning. Chal cha,” Appa said.  Smiling, I kissed them all good night before heading off to bed.

 

Closing the door and then turning off the lights, but leaving on the nightstand lamp, I climbed into bed.  Checking my hand phone before going to sleep, I found that Jin Ki had called twice and texted me once.  Opening the text message, I read it.

 

- Jagiya, you have some explaining to do.

 

Pursing my lips, I debated on whether I should call him right now, or just wait till tomorrow and explain to him at school.  After a couple of minutes, I decided that he must be dying with curiosity, and that I might as well relieve him off it now. Dialing his number, I settled down in bed and waited for him to pick up.  After a couple of rings, I heard Jin Ki answer.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Oppa?”

“Yun Hee, it’s you.”

“Deh, it’s me.  You called?”

“Yeah, I did.  I wanted to know about Yun Ho.”

“Well, you already know that he’s my older brother, who currently studying in Mi Guk, and recently came home for winter break.  What else do you want to know?”

“Why didn't you tell me about him before?”

“I guess the topic never really came up, and it slipped my mind to even tell you that I had a brother.  There’s no particular reason for me not telling you…you’re not mad, are you?”

“Aniyo.  Why would I be mad?”

“I don’t know.  I feel like you would think that I hid this fact on purpose."”

“Jagiya, gwen cha na.  I’m not mad.”

“Chincha?”

“Aigoo.  What do I need to do to make you sure that I’m truly not mad at you?”

 

I giggled softly before answering.

 

“Aniyo.  Naega mideoyo.”

“Good, now next topic: Do you think Yun Ho hyung will like me? I sure didn’t give him a great first impression, considering he tore you away from me, thinking I was harassing you.”

“Yeah, I told him that we were just hugging.  I don’t think it would have been a nice outcome if I told him we were doing something else.”

 

 I heard him chuckle.

 

“I have no doubt about that.  So, anyway, can you answer my question?”

“Mm, I guess it all depends on time.  Yun Ho really cares of me, and is extremely protective.”

“No kidding,” I heard Jin Ki mutter on the other end.

“But, he really does want me to be happy, so I think that all you need to do is to get him to warm up to you.  Once you’ve accomplished that, I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Chinchayo?”

“Deh. And I have no doubts about your capabilities of making people warm up to you.  I think you did that quite easily with my parents,” I said, giggling slightly.

 

I heard him chuckle on the other end as well.

 

“Yeah, well.  I guess I just have that charm about me.  Parents just love me.”

“Yeah…”

“Jagiya?”

“Do you think your parents will ever like me?”

 

I heard a silence on Jin Ki’s end before he answered.

 

“Of course they will.”

“Honestly, do you think they will? After hearing what you told me during Thanksgiving Break, I’m not so sure.”

“Jagiya, listen to me.”

“Hmm?”

“I know you will win them over somehow, even if they won’t like you at first.  You’re very determined when you want to be, and I have a feeling that you’ll be able to win over my parents quite easily.  I’ll be there with you as well, so you don’t have to worry, arasso?”

 

It felt reassuring to hear oppa say that, and it did boost my confidence, even if only a little.

 

“Deh.”

“Well, it’s getting late.  We should probably get to sleep now.  There’s hak gyo tomorrow.”

“Don’t remind me. The thought of exams just came back again!”

“Uh uh. It’s time to sleep now.”

“Arasso.  Good night oppa.”

“Chal cha jagiya.  Sweet dreams.”

 

I waited for Jin Ki to hang up before closing my phone.  Setting it on the night stand, I snuggled deeper into my bed and closed my eyes, drifting off into a sleep.

 


 

End of chapter 39!

My goodness, this is the most I've written for a story ever, and it's still going!

Thanks for everyone who has lasted this far, and hope you'll be able to follow this till the end!

See you in chapter 40!

Please comment and subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

whitelove: I hope you liked this update! :D

--iluvreading--: So, did Yun Ho do what you thought he would do?

rialoves: Yes, I made a habit out of making Jin Ki cute xD How was the brother/boyfriend interaction? o.o

OnewxChicken4ever: Yup, drama time! xD Always fun to read/watch (only to the minimal though xD)

crazy4you: Is he your bias in DBSK/JYJ? I thought he was pretty cool in Kiss and Cry and Running Man xD

Shizine19: I have finally updated :D How did you like this chapter? Was it lacking? Did it meet your expectations? Do tell!

theclumsywitch: But you know what they say, overcoming obstacles makes us stronger!

Vengeance: Well, I'm going to make Yun Ho see only the back of Yun Hee's head, in addition to Jin Ki's arms around her and nothing else.  He's going to believe her after she says they were only hugging xD Hope you liked this update!

Iheartlife: Jin Ki isn't in so much trouble..he has Yun Hee to help (protect) him!

tofulurvers: I love your username :D And I will totally check out your story (Actually, I already have ^^)

onsangtae: I have to say, your comments never fail to make me smile ^^ Thanks so much for the enthusiasm for this story! onsangtae jjang!

-iMusician: Yeah, Jin Ki is a little blunt with thinking ahead xD And brother/boyfriend confrontation scenes are interesting indeed. Always nice to see how the boyfriend will handle the brother and vice versa :D

jay_rose: Sorry for not updating sooner, but I hope you liked this update anyway!

starlove: Yeah, I couldn't help but add in Jin Ki's love for chicken.  It's not really an Onew story without it, eh? xD

Zimraphel: Yup, Jin Ki has totally planned out his future xD And Yun Ho would be a good brother, wouldn't he :D