~Real and Official

Psychology Boyfriend

Annyoung yeorobun!

Here is another chapter....

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“What do you mean?”

“I mean…we don’t have to have this fake relationship.”

“You don’t want to finish this project?”

Ugh! This guy is so frustrating! How can he not understand this? Whatever, I’ve had enough of this. Time to hang up.

“Oppa, you really are clueless.”

And with that, I slid my phone closed and ended the call. Was I being too ambiguous? Maybe I should’ve told him right there…What ever, I’ll ask him this coming Monday. Who says a girl can’t ask a guy out? It’s different, sure, but it’s been done before.

Setting my phone down, I walked downstairs for lunch.

 


 

Korean vocabulary:

Oppa: Name used by a female to address her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Chongmal (informal): Really

Kaja: Let's go

Ani (informal): No

Maa: Delicious, yummy

Kimbap: Korean sushi, but without raw fish

Kimchi: Spicy fermented cabbage.  Eaten with every meal

Kimchi pajun: Kimchi pancakes

 


 

The rest of the weekend passed by uneventfully, except for when Yun Hee hung up on me while we were in the middle of a conversation. The question was, why?

 

Did I say something wrong?  Did I offend her?  I thought about the words she said before she hung up.  

 

“We don’t have to have this fake relationship.”

 

What did that mean?  Did she mean that we can just have a real relationship instead of a fake one?  Thinking back, I remembered how Ms. Yang told us that she couldn’t keep us from having a real relationship.

 

So that’s what she was talking about!  It wasn’t that I said something offensive, but it was because of the lack of words that made her mad.  Sheesh, why didn’t she say so before? Or rather, why didn’t I get it sooner?  We both had a problem with beating around the bush… but then again, I really have no sense when it comes to these things.

 

And to think I was going to call Ki Bum about this.  He probably would've yelled at me for being so dumb or something like that before telling me what Yun Hee was really talking about.

 

I guess it’s good that it happened this way.  I was able to figure it out, and I’ll have to ask her face to face tomorrow morning.  It’s more sincere that way.  Now, how to do it…

 

Should I do something extravagant?  Something surprising?  Maybe a note in her locker? Give her a bouquet? Simply ask her bravely in front of the whole school?

 

Ayy, those things are so common.  Maybe I should do something else….like sing her a song?  Yes, that’s what I should do…maybe during lunch or so?  Pack a lunch for her as well.

 

Man, when did I get so…romantic?  What ever, it’s for Yun Hee, so it’s worth it.

 

The next morning, I arrived at school earlier than usual.  I went and asked the music teacher if I could spend part of lunch in the music room.  Because I was one of the best students he had (again, I’m not bragging.  It’s true.), Mr. Kim gave me permission, only making me promise to keep the room clean.  Thanking him, I walked out of the classroom.  Walking to my locker, I checked that the lunches were carefully placed in my bag and made sure they weren’t tipped over.  Luckily, everything was fine, so I placed my lunch bag into my locker and walked to my first class. 

 

I felt bad for not being able to greet her this morning, but it would be all worth it in the end. 

 

I walked into psychology and saw that Yun Hee was already sitting out our table.  Taking a seat silently, I smiled at her.

 

“Jin Ki, I have to ask you something later.”

“Really?  I do too.  By the way, I hope you don’t have any lunch plans, because we’re going to go do something today.”

“Mm, I was supposed to eat with my friends today…”

“Can’t they make one exception?”

“I’ll ask them.”

Taking out her phone, she quickly sent them a message before the bell rang.  Yun Hee then quickly put her phone away before Ms. Yang could see her.

 

Sometime during the middle of the lecture, Yun Hee stealthily slipped out her phone and checked her messages.  I kept my head forward so it wouldn’t look suspicious.  I then felt something touch my hand, looking down, I saw that Yun Hee had slipped me a note.  Opening it up carefully, I read the words she had written on it.

 

They say that as long as you eat with us tomorrow,

Then it’s fine for me to skip eating with them today.

Can you do that?

 

Turning my head slightly toward her, I nodded before focusing my attention back to the front of the classroom where Ms. Yang was lecturing.

 

Once the bell rang, I quickly shoved my books into my bag and stood up, waiting impatiently for Yun Hee to finish packing her books.  Once she stood up, I grabbed her hand and lead her out of the classroom, nearly dragging her.

 

“Yah, oppa!  Where are we going so fast?”

“I have to ask you something.”

“Can’t it wait till after I put my books into my locker?”

“No, it can’t.”

 

Finally arriving at the music room, I led Yun Hee over to the piano.  Taking a seat, I motioned her to sit next to me as I uncovered the piano keys.

 

She sat down cautiously, as if waiting for something.  Looking at her, I smiled and took a deep breath before positioning my fingers over the keys and began playing a song.

 

“I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I wanna feel you in my arms again

Then you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love
Then you softly leave
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love


How deep is your love, how deep is your love
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breaking us down
When they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

I believe in you
You know the door to my very soul
You're the light in my deepest darkest hour
You're my saviour when I fall
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do
And it's me you need to show
How deep is your love.”

 

 

I played the last note and slowly looked at her.  She had her eyes closed and a serene smile on her face.  When she opened her eyes, she looked extremely happy and her eyes were shining.  Hey, I’m trying to be honest here.

 

“Did you bring me here so you could play and sing that for me?”

“Well, sort of.”

“Sort of?”

“I just planned this for something.”

 

Clearing my throat, I looked at her squarely in the face.

 

“Yun Hee, will you be my real girlfriend?”

 

Her eyes widened and then she grinned, throwing her arms around me.  I sat their frozen, but slowly my arms wrapped around her waist and I grinned.

 

“So, I take that as a yes?”

“Yes, yes, yes!” 

 

She pulled back and grinned at me.

 

“So you got my hint yesterday did you?”

 

She then frowned slightly.

 

“Were you being clueless on purpose?”

 

I pulled back and scratched my head slightly, grinning sheepishly.

 

“I wish I could say I was, but unfortunately, no.  I had to think about it after you hung up on me.”

 

She smiled amusedly.

 

“Well, at least you figured it out.  You know, I was going to ask you out today, but I guess I’m a bit too late.”

 

She was going to ask me out?  Wow, thank goodness I rushed her here.  It feels good to be able to know what she wanted for once.

 

“Well, lucky me then,” I said smiling.

 

Suddenly, our stomachs growled.  Laughing together, we both walked out of the music room.

 

“Let’s go get some lunch oppa.”

 

She grasped my hand, head toward the cafeteria, but I pulled her back.

 

“Not today Yun Hee.  There’s something else that I’ve planned.”

“Oppa has so many things prepared today.  Well, what is it this time?”

 

I pulled our lunches from my bag and held them up. I had retrieved it before going to psychology.

 

“Lunch in the school courtyard of course,” I said, smirking.

“Chongmal?  Kaja!”

 

Yun Hee then enthusiastically led me to the courtyard.  After patting the grass to see if it was wet, she plopped down and patted the spot next to her, telling me to sit down.

 

Once I had sat down, I opened my lunch bag and pulled out the plastic containers of food that I had woken up early to prepare. I had to say, I was quiet proud of my work.  I wasn’t a bad cook by all means, and I could survive pretty well on my own if I had to.

 

“Wow, oppa can cook?”

“Pssh, this is nothing.  I can do a lot more than this.  What, do you not have any confidence in your oppa?”

 

Giggling, Yun Hee shook her head.

 

“Ani, I was just asking.  But let’s open this up and see what you’ve made.”

 

She opened the containers to reveal the foods that I had brought.

 

There was kimchi, kimbap, finger sandwiches, kimchi pajun, and for dessert, some sliced fruit.  It wasn’t much, but still, it was something.

 

“This looks pretty good, but I wonder if it tastes as good as it looks.”

“I guess you’ll just have to try it to find out, won’t you?  Here.”

I picked a piece of kimchi pajun up with my chopsticks and held it out to her.  Learning forward, she took a bite, chewing slowly before smiling.

 

“Mm, maa!  Jin Ki oppa passed.”

“Passed what?”

“The cooking test, of course!”

 

Laughing, we both finished our lunch peacefully.

 


 

Yup Yup, end of chpater 14!

Anyone recognize the song?

It's called 'How Deep is your Love' by Bee Gees

Onew did a cover of it, so search if up if you haven't already.

And well, that's all I have to say.

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

heechulxjungmin: Lol, I'm glad Jin Ki was able to make you laugh, and no worries about the comment thing ^^

OohShinyDistracted: Don't worry about the being late thing, because in fact, you're not late at all.  It's always nice to know what my readers think ^^

forgetfulxangel: There is a charm in being clueless, no matter how weird it is, isn't it? :D

amyra961: Well, a genius can't be adequate in all aspects of life, right? xD

SHINeepoofs: Lol, dense people can be really frustrating in real life, but hey, it's a story ^^

rialoves: For that...you'll just have to read this chapter!

Maiko_chan: Yes, Jin Ki is clueless as ever in the matters of love. ;)

dearorchid: Thank you for the constructive criticism ^^ I'll be sure to keep it in mind! But I can't change the comments part...since the whole point of it is to talk w/ the readers about the last chapter, before they read the next one...so I hope you'll understand! ^^

zoeystar: Lol at the lightbulb thing.  I think you'll have have to read on to see if it lights up!

MonsterMonsteur: Jin Ki is clueless, yes, but only in love..^^

leeminhyun13: Yay! Love is always appreciated :D

yourreflection: Onew is very clueless...for now xD Here's another update!

Vengeance: Mm, you'll just have to see what happens in this chapter! That's all I can say ^^

crazy4you: Scream like people at a football game huh? Nice simile ^^

starlove: I like how you put that.  Not a dream but a dream come true..how true!

bananaO13: He is clueless, but you can't help loving him :]

ForeverInLove: It is a confusing, right?  Even I had a hard time figuring it out when I was writing the chapter up.  But no worries, it shall all be cleared up!