~Reconciliations and Agreements

Psychology Boyfriend

Okay, so I've been spending the last couple of days typing up some more chapters.

Just in case I have a writers block (actually, I'm having some right now, but it's not bad) I can still post up chapters~

I'm only ahead by one chapter, but hey, it's something right?

Anyway, thanks so much for the enthusiastic comments on this story.

I hope that you all will continue to comment.

They truly do motivate me to write and make my day ^^

And to all you silent readers out there:  Comment!  Simply because it makes me happy :p

Yup, I'm done w/ the intro.  Read on!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Jin Ki sat up straighter and leaned toward me, his face serious.

“No actually. I am sincerely interested in you.”

My eyes widened at his words, but I quickly hardened my gaze. I had by then finished my lunch, and I stood up to throw my trash, grabbing my bag before leaving. 

“Now I really know you’re playing around with me.” 

I threw my trash away and stormed off toward the library

 

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Arasso:  Okay or all right

Miahne (informal): Sorry

Kaja: Let's go

Namja Chingu:  Boyfriend

Nyeoja Chingu: Girlfriend

 


 

I was looking for a book to read for my book report when Jin Ki found me.  I can’t say I was surprised to see him, since I had a feeling he would follow me, but when I saw him, I simply ignored him, and walked around to another shelf to see if I could find my book.  Of course, he came along as well, uninvited.

 

“So this is where you came to hide: in the library.”

“Who said I came here to hide.  I came here to look for a book for English.  Is there a problem with that?”  I kept walking, hoping he would give up and leave, but it was just false hope.

 

“No, of course not, it’s just,”

 

Jin Ki walked in front of me and leaned down, his face leveled with mine, “rude to leave in a middle of a conversation like that.”

 

I blinked and looked at him, before going around and looking on another shelf.

 

“Is it really?  I’m sorry to have offended you so,” I said, sarcastically

“You should be.  So if you’re sorry, you’ll pick up the conversation where you left it off,” he retorted.

“Oh really, will I?”

 

What happened next caught me by surprise.  Jin Ki grabbed my arm (the good one) and pulled me toward the back of the library, where no one usually went.  He dragged me to a corner and backed me up to a wall, putting his hands on either side of my face, leaning down towards me.

 

“Tell me something.  Why do you hate me so much?”

 

I looked at him in surprise.  How could I hate him?  There was no reason for me to.

 

“I don’t hate you.”

“Then why are you always avoiding me whenever I make an effort to talk and be friends with you?  Have I offended you in some way?  Because if I have, I can assure you, I don’t know how I did.”

“No.  It’s nothing like that at all.”

“Then why?”

“I just don’t want anymore trouble, that’s all.”

“What kind of trouble?  I don’t see anything happening.”

 

His oblivious words hit a nerve, and I lashed out at him.

 

“No trouble happening?!  Please, of course you would be the one to say that.  No one would ever dream, or dare to give The Lee Jin Ki any trouble.  You’re like a prince at this school.  Me?  I’m no one, and I’ve always been, which is just the way I like it.  But for the first time after we were assigned this project, I’ve been the center of attention.  Not only did Hee Mi smash my arm in my locker, I’ve also heard so many rumors and had so many people staring or glaring at me.  What’s more, Hee Mi is breathing down my neck just because of some stupid project that I got assigned with you; the one she likes.  How do you think I feel?!  And nothing’s happening?!”

 

I had tears in my eyes from the anger.  Why was I crying now of all times, and in front of Jin Ki as well.  It just made it more embarrassing.  Looking away, I stared at something in the distance, trying to quell my anger, only to find the next second that I was in Jin Ki’s arms.

 

“What are you doing?”

“Miahne.  I didn’t know.”

“Dang right you didn’t know,” I grumbled.

“And I can’t believe Hee Mi did that to you.  She’s going to get it….”

 

I widened my eyes.  Shoot!  I wasn’t supposed to tell him that.  I pushed myself away and looked at him, pleadingly.

 

“No! Don’t do anything!”

“What are you talking about?  She hurt you on purpose, and you don’t want anything done about that?”

“Why do you think she’s hurting me?  It’s because I’m assigned to this project with you; she’s jealous.”

“I know but—”

“But nothing Jin Ki sshii.  Just leave it alone, and she’ll get what she deserves in due time.  It’s not worth your reputation.”

“Fine, but I’m not leaving you alone anymore.”

 

Glancing up at him, I gave Jin Ki a questioning look.

 

“I thought the whole point of this was to tell you to leave me alone.”

“But I can’t.  It’s my fault that you’re in this predicament, and it’s my responsibility to take care of it.”

 

Sighing, I shook my head.

 

“It’s not your fault.  It was a coincidence that we were chosen to be together, so stop beating yourself up.  It’s okay, I’ll be fine.  I was just in the moment before, so don’t think anything of it.”

 

I ducked under from his arms and started walking away, turning back one more time.

 

“Forget everything you heard today, and move on.  Tomorrow, we’ll go to school like we never knew each other, just like before.  We’ll figure something out about the project later.”

 

I walked off but didn’t get to far before Jin Ki grabbed my arm and turned me around.  He looked at me before sliding his hand down my arm to my hand, and intertwining our fingers, holding them up.  He looked at our hands before back at me, smiling softly

 

“No.  I’m not forgetting everything, because I can’t sit here and lend a blind eye.  From today onwards, we are going to be ‘dating’.”

 

My eyes grew wide as I heard him say that.

 

“We are going to be what?!”

“I said, we’re going to be ‘dating’.”

“You can’t be serious.”

“But I am.  Ms. Yang said that this was an experiment to see how it would be like in a relationship.  She didn’t say we had to go out for real.  Besides, what’s the harm in this?  It’s not like you’re going to fall in love with me, right?”

 

His face held an arrogant smirk, as if saying that he would never fall in love with me, challenging me to do the same for him.  Turning my head, I thought about it.  He was right.  Project or no project, this relationship will never be real.  This was only an experiment, and there was nothing that said that I had to go out with him for real.  Maybe I should just go along with it.  It can’t hurt to try, right?  Looking back at him, I smiled.

 

“You’re right.  It can’t hurt to try.  I agree, from today, until the end of our 3 months period, we are ‘dating’.”

 

Jin Ki smiled, glad to know that I had gone along with his plan.

 

“That’s the spirit.  Now let’s get out of here.  The bell is going to ring soon.”

 

I nodded and walked toward the table where I had left my stuff.  I was contented to see that our hands were still intertwined.  I’m pretty sure I’m sentencing myself to hell, but what the heck.  I might as well enjoy it while I can. 

 

I reached out to take my bag, but Jin Ki was faster.  He hung my bag on his shoulder, along with his book bag.  I looked at him, questioning silently.

 

“It’s only right for a namja-chingu to carry his nyeoja-chingu’s bag, right?”

 

I laughed at how absurd we were getting, but nodded.

 

“All right then, if it makes you happy, but don't start complaining when it gets too heavy.”

“I won't. Kaja.”

 

Jin Ki led us toward the library exit, but I stopped mid step.  He looked back at me, his eyes curious.

 

“Why did you stop?”

“We’re going out there…like this?”

 

I pointed to our hands that were held together.

Jin Ki looked at me amusedly.

 

“Of course, what else are we going to do?  That’s what people dating do, right?”

 

I looked at him apprehensively.

 

“I’m not so sure I’m cut out for this type of attention…”

“You forget.  You have me now, so don’t worry.  I’ll protect you.”

 

Jin Ki smiled at me, making all my worries disappear.  Taking a deep breath, I nodded, and let Jin Ki lead me out of the library, toward our biology class.  The stares and whispers were suffocating, to the point where I felt the hairs on my neck stand up.  I kept my head down, and snuck side way looks at Jin Ki every once in awhile.  How he managed to stay so calm was beyond me.  But then again, he was always calm.  He had years worth of practice.

 

Before we turned to enter class, I high pitched squeal echoed through the hallway.  Jin Ki and I both looked at each other, rolling our eyes.  We both knew whose voice that was.

 

“Great, the hag has arrived,” Jin Ki murmured.

“Do you have any strategy to use against her?” I asked quietly

“Not really.  Let’s just wing it, arasso?”

“Okay then.”

 

We turned around as Hee Mi stormed up to us, her hands on her hips, eyes burning the spot where our hands were together.  Looking up again, she glared at me before looking over at Jin Ki, putting on a pouting face.

 

“Jin Ki, what is the meaning of…this?”  She pointed at our hands disdainfully.

 

Jin Ki held up our hands and looked at it, before dropping them and answering Hee Mi.

 

“What’s wrong with it?  We’re just holding hands.”

Just holding hands?!  You can’t possibly mean that!”

 

Jin Ki looked at me and pursed his lips, nodding.

 

“I do actually, nothing special.  Yun Hee and I are just dating.”

“Dating?!”

 

I took one look at Hee Mi and had to cover my mouth to prevent from bursting out laughing, but got a hold of myself before anything bad happened.  Her face looked like she found out her favorite pet kitty had just been run over a car or something, but she quickly fixed up her face, trying to look unnerved.  She cleared before speaking again.

 

“Of course it’s nothing special.  I mean, it’s only Yun Hee, right?  It’ll be over and forgotten with, just like a car passing on the street.”

 

Hee Mi smirked at me, clearly happy that she had come back with a retort that she felt was mean enough to make me upset.  I simply smiled at her and then looked at Jin Ki, who smiled back at me.  It was quite funny to watch her think she won this battle.  Jin Ki looked at Hee Mi before answering.

 

“Hmm…  I don’t know about that.  It might be like that, or it might not.  I actually like Yun Hee.”  He shrugged his shoulders.  “As long as she likes me, then we’ll stay together, right Yun Hee?

 

Jin Ki looked at me mischievously, and I just nodded in return.  The part where he said he liked me made my heart skip a beat, but I thought nothing of it.  This was just an act after all.  The final bell rang, telling us we only had one more minute to get to class.

 

“Oh, that’s the warning bell.  I guess we should be going now.  Bye Hee Mi.  Let’s go Yun Hee.”

 

Jin Ki and I turned around, leaving a speechless Hee Mi standing there as we walked into our class and sat down.  We couldn’t hold it in anymore, so we broke down, laughing.

 

“Did you see the look on her face?” Jin Ki asked me between chuckles.

 

Nodding, I answered back, trying to stop my giggles.

 

“Priceless.  Good job!”

 

The teacher stood up at the front and cleared his throat, telling us to be quiet.  Jin Ki and I smiled at each other before turning forward in our seats and preparing for today’s lecture.

 

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                    10/12/11

            I don’t really know how to start this, but since Ms. Yang told us to simply write about how we feel or what we did, I think I’ll just do it like that.  She won’t take off points for being informal, right?  I mean this is a journal and all.  Never mind, I’m just rambling right now.  So I guess I’ll just get started, yes?

            The first day of our ‘relationship’ was pretty interesting.  Well, not interesting really, but maybe the right word for it is weird.  It was really strange having people stare at us when we walked through the hallway.  We were holding hands, so I guess that’s probably the reason why they were staring.  And it possibly could have been the curiosity of why The Lee Jin Ki was ‘dating’ a nerdy girl like me.  But hey, that’s just me.  I can’t really tell for sure what people are thinking about, right?

            Even though I went through the hallways with glares and stares on me, I felt protected for once.  Before, I was all alone, but now, I have Jin Ki to protect me.  That was what he told me he would do, and let’s just hope he keeps his word on it.  So far, he’s kept me safe from certain people (not mentioning names of course) who have given me more than a little trouble.  I admit, it is kind of reassuring to have someone to count on for once.  I guess this is one of the benefits of a relationship?  You can count on that person to help you and vice versa as well.

            Another thing to note is how much I need to learn about Jin Ki.  I always thought he was someone coldhearted, someone who didn’t care about others feelings.  He is known to have a record of breaking the heart of every girl who has asked him out.  After he helped me when I was injured, I have come to see a newer side of him.  But the question is: why now and why me?  I don’t have those answers yet, but I’ll just have to find out.  That’s what being in a relationship is all about I guess, learning more about that certain person.

            Anyway, I think that’s it for now.  I hope this first entry was satisfactory.

 

                                                            Kang Yun Hee

 


 

Yay!  I think this is the longest update so far...

Hope you readers like it!

Hey, I have a question for you readers.

Do you ever feel weird calling your group of friends who are girls 'guys'?

Like, "Hey!  What's up guys!"

But they aren't really guys...

I don't know about you guys (I know some of you out there girls), but I feel awkard saying it...

Though I say it anyway xD

Anyway, enough of this blabbering.

I'll see you all in the next chapter!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Maiko_chan: Thanks for reading, and you're welcome for the updates; I love to update, because it makes me feel accomplished.  Like I have something done for once in my life ^^

Sparklicious22:  I'm glad you have made use of the Korean Vocabulary!  It's always fun to learn something new, right?  I personally don't know much, but anything that I do know, I'm glad to be able to teach it :)

theclumsywitch:  Happy to make you happy with the updates.  Here's another for ya!

ForeverInLove:  Yeah, Onew does come off as a heartbreaker in this doesn't he?  That was the point.  I wanted to experiment with a new sort of Onew.  He isn't usually portrayed like this, so I want to see how this goes.  Hopefully it ends well :]

heechulxjungmin:  Onew is a bit commanding huh?  It's only because he cares!  Well, I guess it's too early for you to assume that, but you never know :p  Thanks for reading!