~Dwelling

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello everyone ^^

School is so hard these days >.< But I'm finding peace in updating this story.  Hopefully it will make me a litle less stressed.

I think everyone knows it was Key's birthday last Thursday/Friday (I'm also considering Korean time, which is 16 hours ahead of us, and his birthday was technically on Thursday for us, but Friday over there...you get it right?)

Anyway, I was finishing up things Friday, so I didn't get a chance to post a oneshot dedicated to him.

I'll try to do that sometime this weekend (though it won't be probable, since I have a mountain stack of homework)

But look out for it anyway, yeah?

Enough with this authors note, and lets get to the story! Hehe

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“So, I don’t have to tell you yet, right?”

Chuckling, I replied. 

“No, you don’t.”

“Thank goodness.” 

I heard him breathe a sigh of relief. I guess it really was something hard for him to talk about, and it immediately made me feel bad for asking. 

“Miahne.”

“For what?”

“For asking about it.”

“Aniyo. Anyone else would be curious as well. But I can promise you that I will tell you one day, I promise.”

“Deh, gomawayo.”

“Mm…”

“Well, was that all you wanted to talk about?”

“Yes, that was it.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later then.”

“Arasso. Annyoung.”

“Annyoung.”

And I waited for him to hang up first before sliding my phone shut.

I could be patient, but I wondered how long he would make me wait.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Yeobosaeyo: Greeting used when answering the phone

Deh (formal): Yes

Cha ka man nyo (formal): Wait a minute

Arasso: All right or okay

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

Miahne (informal): Sorry

Aniyo (formal): No

Annyoung (informal): Hello or good bye

Hyung: Name used by a male to address an older brother or male friend

Umma (informal): Mom

Appa (informal): Dad

Oppa: Name used by a female to address an older brother, male friend, or boyfriend

Kot chong ba se yo (formal): Don't worry

 


 

I sighed and left my phone on my desk, pulling out my bag and starting on my homework.  Although it bothered me that Jin Ki wouldn’t tell me about his past, I knew that all I could do was to wait.  When he felt that the time was right, and when he grew comfortable enough to tell me what happened, then I would find out. 

 

About an hour or two into homework, I heard my phone ring.  Looking over, I saw that it was Min Ho.  I wondered what he had to talk about.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Yeobosaeyo, Yun Hee?”

“Deh, that’s me.  Did you need something Min Ho?”

“Yes, I actually do.  It totally slipped my mind to write down the biology homework for today.  Do you happen to know what it is?”

“Of course. Let me get my agenda out right now.  Cha ka man nyo.”

“Arasso.”

 

I dug through my bag till I found my agenda and pulled it out.  Flipping to today’s date, I looked down for the biology homework.

 

“Arasso.  We have to outline Chapter 2 and complete the review at the end of the chapter for Chapter 1.”

“Okay, that’s it right?”

“Yup.  Do you need anything else?”

“Mm, let me check….nope I think I have everything that I need here.  Gomawayo.”

“Deh, no problem.  Glad I could help.”

“Well, I’ll see you later.”

“…”

“Yun Hee?”

“Deh?! Miahne.  I’ll see you later.”

“Are you all right?”

“D..deh!  I’m fine.  Did you think something was wrong?”

 

I cursed inwardly.  Min Ho would be the one to see if anything was wrong with me.  He was that observant.

 

“Aniyo, it’s just.  Your voice.  It sounds a bit….depressed?”

 

I sighed.  I knew it.  I couldn’t hid this one from him.

 

“Does it?”

“Mm hmm.  You don’t have to tell me, but I’m here if you need to talk.”

“Thanks, but I think I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes…I’m sure.”

“Okay then.  I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Deh, annyoung.”

 

I waited for him to hang up before closing my phone.  Setting my phone down, I began to finish my homework, but the thought kept nagging in my head, and I couldn’t get it to go away.  Maybe I did need to talk to someone, just to clear my head and relieve some of the burden.  After all, wasn’t that what Jin Ki told me to do when I had something important to share?  And in the end, after I told my friends what happened to me, I felt better.

 

I looked at the clock and saw that it was only 4:30.  Maybe I could go talk with Min Ho for a little while before dinner tonight.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Min Ho?  It’s Yun Hee.”

“Ah, deh.  Did you need something?  I hope it’s not about the bio homework, since you gave me the assignment,” he said, chuckling.

 

I had to laugh at his attempt to be funny, and a possible attempt at trying to help me feel better.

 

“That’s funny, but no.  It’s not about the bio homework.  It’s…it’s about what you said earlier.  Are you still free to hear me out?  I think I need someone to talk to.”

“Yes, actually.  I’m done with most of my homework.  I can finish the rest tonight after dinner.”

“Are you sure?  I don’t want to take up your time.”

“I’m sure.  Besides, all that I have left is the English worksheet. That should be pretty simple.”

“It is.”

“Sorry?”

“The worksheet.  I finished it within 10 minutes.”

 

He laughed.

 

“Okay then.  Thanks for telling me.  All the more reason for me to talk to you.  Now, what did you want to talk about?”

“Can we meet up somewhere?  I don’t think it’s proper to talk about it over the phone.”

“Arasso, where do you want to go?”

“How about the park?  It shouldn’t be too crowded there, right?”

“That’s fine with me, but you know that there are probably hundreds of parks in Seoul.  Which one are you talking about?”

 

I blushed.  I guess I should have told him that.  Thankfully I was on the phone, and he didn’t see me.

“R..right.  Ahem, uh.  There’s a park near where I live.  The Evergreen Park, I think?”

“Oh, that park.  Okay, that’s fine, but how are you going to get there?  Is Jin Ki bringing you?”

“No.  This is sort of about him, so he doesn’t know anything about this.”

“Oh, okay.  I got you.  But on his behalf, and probably for your own safety, I think I should pick you up…you know, after what happened yesterday.”

 

It didn’t occur to me to think about that.  I suppose my parents would be worried if they found out that I was going somewhere by myself.  It probably would be safer if they knew I was with someone.

 

“You’re right.  I’ll give you my address.”

“Let me get a pencil and paper.”

 

I heard some shuffling on the other end before Min Ho spoke again.

 

“Okay, go ahead.”

“1214 Gardenview Street.”

“Okay, and your zip code?”

“55501”

“Oh, you live pretty close to me.  It shouldn’t take me too long to walk to your house.”

“Walk?”

“Yeah, sadly, I don’t have a car to take you in.  Sorry I’m not cool like Jin Ki hyung.”

 

I chuckled.

 

“No, it’s okay.  I’m fine with walking.  I think I need a breath of fresh air anyway.  So I’ll see you in a little bit then?”

“Of course.  I’ll see you then.”

 

And he hung up.  I pocketed my phone and went downstairs to talk to Umma.  Appa wasn’t home yet.

 

“Umma!”

“Yes, dear?”

“Could I go out for a little while?  I’ll come home before dinner.”

 

I saw the look of fear cross her eyes for a second, and I knew that she was thinking about what happened the night before.

 

“At this time?  Isn’t it a little late for that?”

“Umma, it’s only 4:35 pm.  It’s not that dark.”

“Right…”

 

I looked at her sympathetically.

 

“You’re scared that I’ll get hurt again, aren’t you?”

“Oh…yes, yes I am.  I know that that kind of thing isn’t very common, and that you are very carefully, but I can’t help but be worried.”

“It’s all right Umma.  I know what you mean, so that’s why I took this into consideration.”

“What do you mean, honey?”

“My friend is going to pick me up, so that you know I’ll be with someone the whole time.  Maybe that will make you less worried?”

 

Umma laughed and hugged me, my hair.

 

“I don’t know why I was worried in the first place.  You are a sensible person after all.”

 

I pulled back and smiled.

 

“So does that mean that I can go?”

“Yes, you can, but remember—!”

“Be careful and always stay with someone.  Watch my back and make sure to not do anything dangerous or talk to strangers.”

 

Umma smiled amusedly at my response.

 

“That’s right.  Now why don’t you get ready.  I’m sure your friend will be coming soon.”

“I don’t need to do much.  I’ll just throw on a jacket, since it’s not that cold.”

“Arasso.  By the way, who are you meeting? Is it Jin Ki?  Or one of your girl friends?”

“Aniyo.  It’s a new friend that I’ve made through Jin Ki oppa.”

“And who would that be?”

“Min Ho oppa.”

 

Umma looked at me disapprovingly.

 

“Honey, don’t you think that’s a bit unfair to Jin Ki?”

 

I had to laugh.  Umma really was thinking too hard.

 

“Umma, kot chong ba se yo.  I’m not cheating on Jin Ki, and he’s perfectly fine about me hanging out with his friends.  He introduced me to them, afterall.”

“Arasso, arasso.  Where are you going?”

“Just to the park nearby.  I just needed to talk to him about something.”

“Well, I’ve learned all I needed to know.  Go along and be careful.”

“Deh, Umma.”

 

I ran upstairs and donned a light jacket, pocketing my phone and wallet into my pockets before heading downstairs.  Right when I touched the ground, I heard the doorbell ring.  Calling bye to Umma, I opened the door and met Min Ho.  Smiling, I thanked him for coming and shut the door, locking it and walking down the driveway with him.  Hopefully he’ll be able to help me with my problem.

 


 

End!

I know you're all probably wondering why she needs to talk to Min Ho about Jin Ki, especially after deciding that she would wait.

Well, you'll have to wait till next week! (Miahne xD)

Anyway, good luck to all of you in school right now.  Don't be on AFF too much and make sure to complete your homework on time!

Bye bye yeorobun!

Comment and Subscribe

<3 WinterRose

 


 

English101: Yes, we all know how Hee Mi is manipulative..it's part of her character that I created xD We'll see where she goes.  And I know I'm making you suspenseful with his past, but it's all part of the plot, and it will be revealed.  In addition, I think it was very caring and considerate of Jin Ki to have Min Ho watch her (I did write it afterall xD) Thanks for reading!

zoeystar: I know, his secret is driving me crazy too...because I can't reveal it yet! Please wait longer ^^

rialoves: Thank you for reading. It's always nice to know people enjoy my story.

OohShinyDistracted: Yes, she didn't tell Jin Ki about the note because she didn't want to worry him anymore (so cliche, but a must xD)

amyra961: You want Hee Mi to disappear? Hmm...

forgetfulxangel: I would like a boyfriend like that too...maybe someday? Good luck to the both of us!

extraordinarygill: You don't think they're getting too close too soon, even though it's only been 2 weeks? Thank goodness, I was worried about that -.-'

starlove: Well, we'll see when she tells Jin Ki about the notes...

SHINeepoofs: Hehe, I'm glad to make your Saturday a little bit better with my story ^^

crazy4you: Time flies by indeed.  And you're learning too? Want to give me a hand? xD Where are you learning it? :O

Lorena: Yes, Jin Ki is one protective boyfriend, having his top guy Min Ho to watch over Yun Hee.  Min Ho would make a pretty good body guard, wouldn't he? :D

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Hehe, how did you think of this chapter, eh?

Purple7sky: I'm curious about Hee Mi too.  I wonder what she is doing, or if she's even behind this....

MechanicalAngel: Oh, I totally get you.  Those stories, that start off super good, and then like die out near the end? Yeah, I don't like those much either...I hope mine won't!

ForeverInLove: Ech, science is not my thing.  It used to be, but not anymore.  AP Biology is killing me, and it's only been the third week!  And awkard phone conversations are my life.  I can't hold a decent phone conversation.  I prefer IM or face to face.

Vengeance: Min Ho is defnitely the awesome bodyguard, especially since he cares for Yun Hee as well ^^

fayeappler: Thank you for reading this! And you're right, it is hard to find good Onew stories here.  I'm glad that this suits to your standards of a good story :D