~Getting Used to It

Psychology Boyfriend

Whew...finished this chapter.

Sorry it's late..again ;(

I'll try to update again tomorrow!

For now, enjoy, and I hope it isn't a let down.

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“Don’t worry Jagiya. I have your back, and if anything happens to you, I promise that whoever hurts you won’t get away with it.”

“As much as I would like that, I don’t really like the sound of you getting violent over me.”

“Oh, it won’t be me. It’ll be the body guards.”

I felt Yun Hee shake as I heard her laugh at my comment. Smiling, I spoke again.

“I was kidding about that part, but what I said about protecting you was true. I won’t let anyone hurt you, I promise.”

Yun Hee pulled away and looked at me smiling. Laying her head back on my shoulder, she laced her fingers through mine once again.

“Thank you oppa. I know I can count on you.”

And you always will be able to, always.

 


 

That afternoon in physical education, we were working on badminton.  I was really excited, since the season would be starting soon, and because I hadn’t had the time to play since last year, it was good getting back into the flow of things.  Currently, Min Ho and I were simply warming up.  I knew that my arm would be sore from playing after a long rest, but it was worth it. 

 

“So, how has your first day back been?”

 

I grimaced as I returned the birdie to him.  I shook my head and explained all of my encounters with tricks this morning. He pursed his lips and looked at me worriedly.

 

“Is it because of what happen over new years?”

“Unfortunately, yes.  People have finally found out the truth about Jin Ki, and they aren’t exactly giving me an easy time about it.  It’s even worse than the first time, and that was just dating him for the project!”

“Well, you do have all of us here…so don’t worry too much.”

“I’m not worried…it’s just a big bother.”

“Come on, that’s not like the Yun Hee I know!”

 

I smirked and then promptly smashed the birdie on his side of the court, inches away from his racquet.  He looked up and me and grinned in return.

 

“Now, that on the otherhand, is the Yun Hee I know.”

“Arasso oppa," I said, grinning.

“Class, we’re going to start doing doubles now.  Please get into pairs and I’ll explain the rules before we start!”

 

Of course, Min Ho and I became partners.  Since we already knew the rules, we waited idlely until Mrs.Ok finished explaining her directions and then started playing other teams in the class.  Since I was a veteran player and Min Ho was quite competitive, we managed to beat everyone…except for my coach and our p.e. teacher.  To sum it all up, it was a nice period, and I had fun for once.

After class was over, I quickly changed out of my uniform into my regular clothes.  I didn’t want to stay at school any longer than I had to, especially with all the things that have been happening to me today.  Walking out of the locker room, I kept peeking everywhere to make sure I wouldn’t fall into another prank.  Once I arrived outside, I was relieved to see Jin Ki, and I swiftly made my way to his side.

 

“Annyoung.”

“How was p.e. jagiya?”

“It was really fun! We finally started badminton today.  I can’t wait for the season to start.”

“Really? That sounds fun.  Maybe I should join the team.”

“Could you? I’d teach you how to play!”

 

Jin Ki smirked at me.  We had arrived at his car, and he opened the door for me.  I looked at him questioningly as he made his way to the other side and left himself in.

 

“Oppa, why do you have that look on your face?”

 

He changed his expression, making it look surprised and innocent.

 

“What, this face?”

“Oppa…”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Yes you do.”

 

He backed up out of the parking space and drove on toward my home. I decided to keep silent, seeing if he would reveal what he was hiding.

 

“Who says you have to teach me?”

“Mmm?”

“I already know how to play.”

“You do?”

“Of course I do.  I was just never interested in joining the team before.”

“So that’s why.”

 

He looked at me and grinned before focusing his eyes back on the road.  I stared out the window as he continued to drive.  He never told me he played badminton before, and we’ve talked about a lot of things.  It just makes me wonder what else I don’t know about him.  He does have quite an impressive lineage behind him.

 

“I hope no one is stalking us.”

“I’ve taking the precautions to station some body guards around your house.”

“What?!”

“I can’t take any chances.  I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“But—!”

“No buts.  It’s final.”

 

I sighed and nodded.  I suppose it wouldn’t hurt.  Jin Ki was simply looking out for me anyway.

 

“Fine, but—”

“What did I say?”

“I know, but seriously listen.”

“I’m listening…”

“Next time you decide something for my benefit, please tell me before hand.”

“Fair enough.  I promise to talk to you about things first before acting upon them.”

“Gomawo oppa.”

“Aniya.”

 

When we arrived at my house, I unbuckled my seatbelt.  Leaning over, I pecked Jin Ki on the cheek before getting out of the car.  Turning around and shutting the door, I waved bye as he left.  Letting out another sigh, I turned around and looked for the bodyguards.  Hmm, I don’t see anyone…

 

Suddenly, my phone vibrated, telling me I had a new text message.

 

- Btw, you won’t see them.  I’ve given them orders to stay hidden, but still vigil. ^^

 

Huh, sometimes Jin Ki could read my mind. Putting my phone away, I began to walk toward the house, but decided to say something first.  Speaking up, I said:

 

“Thank you for watching over me.  I appreciate it.”

 

As I expected, I had no response, but I knew the guards were there somewhere.

 

The next day continued much like the first, with me trying to dodge pranks, and Jin Ki along with the rest of the guys keeping watch over me.  It was suffocating, but at least it wasn’t as bad.

When lunch came, Jin Ki and I ate with my friends, since I wasn’t able to the day before.  While I was eating my pasta, I overheard Ji Eun talk.

 

“Are you guys going to the volunteer even this afternoon?”

 

Ha Ni  swallowed her bite of apple before answering.

 

“There’s an event this afternoon?”

 

Ji Eun nodded.

 

“Yeah, at the orphanage.  I really want to go, but I have too much homework tonight.  I need someone to replace me.”

 

Ha Ni frowned before shrugging her shoulders.

 

“I can’t make it either.  My relatives are flying in from the states and I need to be home.”

“What about you Hye Mi,” Ji Eun asked.

“Can’t either.  My calculus grade is dropping, and my mom won’t let me out until it gets up to a B.  Sorry.”

“Ani, gwen cha na.  I guess I should’ve told you guys about this earlier.”

 

A volunteer event? I haven’t been doing those lately, and I could use some hours.  Maybe I could go.

 

“Ji Eun, could I go in your place? I need some hours, and I haven’t been doing anything recently.”

“Are you sure? What about homework?”

 

I blushed and glanced at Jin Ki before looking back at her.

 

“I finished it and went ahead in the book last night.  Let’s say I was getting rid of stress from the events of yesterday.”

“Well, that’s great.  I’ll call in and tell them someone else is coming.  Thank you so much Yun Hee!”

“No problem.”

“Here’s the address.  Be there around 4:00 pm.”

“All right.  I’m sure I’ll have fun.”

 

After school had ended, Jin Ki dropped me home.  Even though I had already finished the homework that was due, I decided to do a little more reading before going to the orphanage.  When the clock struck half past three, I gathered my purse and left the house, planning on using the bus to get to the orphanage.  What I didn’t expect was to see Jin Ki outside leaning against his car.

 

“Oppa? What are you doing here?”

“I decided I wanted to help out at the orphanage.”

“Chincharu?”

“Of course.  Plus, maybe I can’t make a contribution there.  It’d certainly help my public image.”

 

I stepped into the car as he walked around.

 

“Well, I hope you’re doing it for more than that.”

“I am.  I like children afterall.”

“Of course. I remember you saying that.”

“And, I get to spend time with you.”

 

He smiled before reaching over to grasp my hand and squeeze it affectionately.  I returned his smile and looked forward as he began driving toward the orphanage. 

 


 

Done!

Again, I hope you all liked it :D

As always, please Subscribe and Comment!

All are appreciated ^^ (I'll hold off answering previous comments...I'm sure you forgot what you wrote a month ago ^_^')

<3 WinterRose