~New Year Vacation

Psychology Boyfriend

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, it's been new years for me an hour ago, but w/e xD

Hope you all will be able to make 2012 a meaningful year!

Any resolutions? I'd be glad to know yours! (Mine is to excercise more and lose weight xD)

Anyway, I hope you'll like this chapter!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Jin Ki said before capturing my lips in a kiss. After a little bit, he pulled back and leaned his forehead against mine.

“I’ve been waiting to do that for awhile now.”

“And I’m not objecting it, but I think we should keep the pda to a minimum. Yun Ho has accepted you, but I don’t think you should take advantage of it.”

“And I agree with you, but he can make a couple of exceptions, can’t he?”

A snowball suddenly flew out of nowhere and hit Jin Ki on the back of his head. Pulling apart, we both looked behind us to see Yun Ho smirking, holding another snowball in his hand.

“I can make a couple of exceptions, but you better be on your best guard when I’m around, arachi?”

Jin Ki grinned as he saluted Yun Ho.

“Yes hyung."

Yun Ho smiled before launching another snowball at Jin Ki. Laughing, we both ran around, trying to avoid the attack, scooping up snow when we could to counter attack. And so, that was how we spent the rest of Christmas morning, playing in the snow, our laughs ringing out in the air.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Haengbokkae: Happy

Eodiga: Where are you going?

Ottokae: What should I do?

Cha ra so: Good job

Ara (informal): I know

Chal cha: Good night/Sleep well

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                                 12/25/11

            Wow, I haven’t written in awhile.  I’ll try to correct that habit in the New Year.  Anyway, I’m in my temporary room, the one that I stayed in last night.  Yun Hee’s parents invited me to stay over last night and I accepted.  It’s surprising that they would do that, but they did.  Yun Hee’s brother wasn’t so happy though.  I was expecting him to sneak into my room during the night, and then finding him asleep at the door when I woke up.  I was wrong though…sort of.  Yun Hee told me that he slept by her door that night, scared that I would go in and do something to her.

            I was a bit insulted that Yun Ho would do that, but I’m not really surprised.  He’s very protective of Yun Hee, and it’s only natural that he would do that.  Still, I’m a man of honor, and I wouldn’t do anything to harm her.  The next morning, we all ate breakfast, and I offered to do the dishes.  Yun Hee’s mother made Yun Ho help me, since Yun Hee already did the night before.  I was bit nervous about what was going to happen.  The air was filled with so much tension, I could hardly stand it.

            All of a sudden, Yun Ho spoke up.  “You had better treat Yun Hee well,” he said.  “She’s my only sister, and someone I treasure very much. If I find out that she’s been hurt by you, you can expect me to hunt you down.” I was happy that he finally accepted me, despite the double meaning in his words.  I calmly replied that I would, and have been treating Yun Hee the right way, and that I would protect her at all means.  I would try my best to live up to his expectations, and hoped that he would help me along the way.

            Looking over, I saw a small smile on his face.  When we finished the dishes he looked at me and clapped me on the shoulder, before walking into the living room, where we began to open presents with the rest of the family. He definitely grew a lot friendlier with me, considering we had a snowball fight later in the morning, and he even joked around with me.  I think I can say that I’ve finally succeeded in getting Yun Ho’s acceptance.

Lee Jin Ki

 


 

Jin Ki left on Christmas night with good blessings.  When I say that, I mean that he’s finally received Yun Ho oppa’s approval.  That definitely lifted a burden off of him.  Yun Ho was still protective, but at least he toned it down when I asked to.  Waving bye, Jin Ki drove off into the night. When we all retreated back into the house, I hugged oppa.

 

“Yun Hee, what are you doing?”

“Gomawayo oppa.”

“What for?”

“Accepting Jin Ki.”

 

He ruffled by hair, smiling at me.

 

“Jin Ki’s a good man, and I believe he’ll take care of you well when I’m away.  Tell me if he hurts you, arasso?”

“Deh!”

 

Yun Ho and I were suddenly called into the kitchen by Umma.

 

“Yun Ho! Yun Hee! Come here please!”

“Deh Umma!” The both of us chorused.

 

Walking into the kitchen, we found Umma and Appa sitting at the table.  Gesturing to the chairs, Umma told us to sit down before speaking.

 

“So, as you know, New Years is coming up.  Your Appa and I have decided to go on vacation!”

“Vacation? Why all of a sudden?” Yun Ho asked.

“Well, it’s be pretty cold lately, and we want to escape it for a little while,” Umma replied.

“When are we going?” I asked.

Appa spoke up, saying “We’re going to fly out Wednesday morning.”

“Chinchayo? That soon?”

“Yes, so I suggest you both start packing after this conversation is over,” Appa said.

“Where are we going?”

“We’re not going anywhere far, just New Caledonia.”

“Eh?!” Yun Ho and I gasped.

 

I looked at Appa worriedly.

 

“New Caledonia? Isn’t that going to be expensive?”

“Well, the tickets are taken care of.  My company had a vacation pack, and I won the raffle drawing.”

“You did? Wow, Appa sure is capable!”

 

He chuckled before nodding.

 

“Well, I guess I had some luck on my side.  Besides, we haven’t been on a vacation for awhile, so consider this my Christmas Present for the all of us.”

 

I jumped up and hugged Appa and then Umma.

 

“Gomawayo! I can’t wait to go!”

“Then start packing.  Make a list of things tonight and make sure you have them.  If you need anything, we can go buy it in the next couple of days,” Umma reminded.

“Arasso.  Come on oppa! Let’s go pack our bags!”

 

And so, we did.  Going into my room, I took out my luggage and opened it on my bed.  Hundreds of things were running across my mind.  What to bring, what to wear, stuff like that.  But when I saw my phone, I knew I had to tell Jin Ki first. Pushing my luggage to the side, I grabbed my phone, laying down while I dialed Jin Ki’s number and waited for him to pick up the phone.  After a couple of seconds, he did.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Oppa!”

“Wae jagiya? You sound so haengbokkae.  Is it because you’re talking to me?”

“Well, I am happy that I’m talking to you, but the source of my happiness is from somewhere else tonight.”

“Really? What is it?”

“I’m going on vacation!”

“You are? Eodiga?”

“New Caledonia.”

“Wow, that sounds exotic.  When are you leaving?”

“Mm, Wednesday morning.”

“Ottokae, I won’t be able to send you off.”

“Wae?”

“My parents…they’re coming home tomorow night, and well, you know…they want to spend time with me.”

“Oh, right. That means I’ve only been able to see you for two days during all of break.”

“Don’t be sad jagiya.  I’m always a call or a text away.”

“Yah, you might have the money to do international calls, but I don’t.”

“I’ll pay for you.”

“Oppa, you’re funny.  Either way, I’m still sad…”

“Well, I’ll see you when you get back, arasso? Don’t be sad.”

“Arasso.  What are you doing right now?”

“Getting ready for bed.  I’m really tired from trying to impress Yun Ho hyung.”

 

I chuckled.

 

“You worked hard.  Cha ra so oppa.”

“Don’t I get a reward?”

“Mm, I’ll sleep on it tonight.”

 

I heard him chuckle on the other end of the line and smiled. 

 

“Well, it’s getting late.  I’d better go and let you get your rest.”

“I don’t mind staying up and talking, as long as it’s you.”

“Oppa, you’re so cheesy, do you know that?”

“Ara, but I don’t care.”

“Arasso, good night.”

“Chal cha jagiya.”

 

I waited for him to hang up before sliding my phone closed.  Looking at the time, I saw that it was already 10:30.  I guess I should head to bed now.  Setting my empty luggage on the floor, I decided that I would spend all of tomorrow packing my bags. Gathering my pajamas and toiletries, I headed to the bathroom to do my nightly routine before going to bed.

*****

Days later, my family and I boarded the plane and flew to New Caledonia.  The ride was pretty long, but I slept through most of it.  When I woke up, the flight attendant was going down the aisle, telling everyone to buckle up because we were going to be landing soon.  After I buckled myself in, I looked out the window and gasped.  The water was crystal clear, and the island was beautiful.  I couldn’t wait to go exploring.

Stepping off the plane and walking out of the terminals, I shed my winter jacket.  It sure was warm here.  That wasn’t surprising.  It’s always sunny here.  Getting into the car that Appa rented, he drove us to our hotel.  After getting our rooms, Umma gathered us together.

 

“All right, since have our rooms, I’m sure you all want to go do some exploring.  Well, you can, but make sure you tell us where you’re going, and that you have your phone with you at all times.  Your Appa and I will be around the hotel, enjoying some of the activities they have here.  If you need to get to us, just call.”

"Here's some pocket money in case you need it.  Don't spend it all in one place," Appa reminded.

“Deh!” Oppa and I chorused.

 

We were sharing a room, and after Umma was done with her speech, I went to change my clothes; we were still in our sweaters and jeans, and I was itching to change into something cooler.

 

Taking out the clothes I had, I hung them in the closet that was provided with our room.  Looking around, I admired it.  It was pretty large, and it had two beds, so oppa and I wouldn’t have to share one. There was a balcony with a gorgeous view, and a nice bathroom to boot. After hanging up my clothes, I finally chose something to wear.

I wore a black and white tank top along with some jean shorts.  Tying my hair into a loose ponytail, I grabbed my back and went toward the door.

http://lintaohuyu.m0.91cdn.com/images/upfile/2011071515223852372.jpg

 

“Yun Hee, where are you going?”

“Out to explore?”

“Alone? I don’t think so.”

“Oppa! Can’t you just let me go this once? I’ll be fine!”

“Just wait a little bit.  I’ll change and go out with you.”

 

Pouting, I went to the bed and plopped down, waiting for Oppa to finish changing before we could go.

 

“I don’t see why I can’t go by myself…nothing is going to happen.”

“Well, I’m not taking chances, especially after what Umma and Appa told me.”

“They told you what?”

“When you got kidnapped.”

“Oh…”

 

So I guess he finally heard about it.  I’m surprised he was more calm about it.

 

“Yeah, I heard about it.  That was what made me change my mind about Jin Ki.”

 

I looked up surprised.

 

“You’ve known for that long? Why didn’t you tell me?”

“What’s over is done.  I didn’t think you wanted to be reminded about it again, so I didn’t bother.”

“Keu dae…?”

“Yes, now, let’s go.  I’m done changing, so let’s see what this place as to offer!”

 

Grinning, I jumped up from my place and followed Oppa out the door.  After locking our hotel room, we made our way down to the ground floor and walked outside.  Hailing a taxi, Yun Ho asked him to take us to the nearest shopping district.  I researched that New Caledonia had a variety of shops, so I was excited to see what there would be.  Maybe I can get something for myself and something for my friends while I was here.

 

“Oppa, your English got better.”

“Of course it does.  You kind of have to use it in L.A. How about yours? Have you been studying?”

“It’s all right.  I can survive…I think.”

 

Oppa chuckled and tugged my ponytail softly.

 

“Gwen cha na.  Oppa is here, so just stick with me, and you’ll be fine.”

“Either way, I’m excited to try out my English skills.  I wonder if they’ll be okay...”

 

Once we arrived at the district, my eyes feasted on the sight.  There so many different stores, each one unique.  I wanted to go into every one, but I knew I had to cut down a bit…Yun Ho wouldn’t be too happy if I dragged him everywhere.

 

“So Yun Hee, where to first?”

“Mm, how about that one? The display looks kind of cool.”

 

We went into the shop and browsed a little, but nothing really caught my eye, so we left. I continued to drag oppa into various other shops, but still nothing.

 

“Those prices are no joke…I don’t think we’ll be able to get anything out of this shopping trip…”

“It’s to be expected Yun Hee.  We are in a foreign country after all.”

“True…”

 

Yun Ho looked somewhere else.  Looking in his direction, there seemed to be a shop with music instruments. 

 

“Oppa, do you want to go in there?”

“Do you mind?”

“Ani.  I’ll just stay here.  I’m a little tired from all the walking we’ve done.”

“Arasso, stay here.  I’ll be back soon.  If something happens, just holler.”

“Arasso.”

 

I watched Yun Ho oppa cross the road into the shop.  Spying an outdoor café nearby, I decided to take a seat and order something to drink.

 

I’ll have a glass of orange juice please.”

“It’ll be out in a minute.”

“Thank you.”

 

Huh, I guess that wasn’t so bad.  Maybe my English can help me survive the remainder of this trip.  When my juice came out, I thanked the waiter and began to drink.  Once I had finished, I paid the bill and began to walk outside.  I guess I can go see what Oppa is up to now.  Looking both ways on the road, I waited for the cars to pass.  A felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.  There was a group of boys, a little over my age.  I wondered what they wanted.

 

“Yes?”

“Hey, you look really pretty.”

“Oh, thanks…”

 

I looked back to the road to see if it was clear.  No, cars were still coming.

 

“Do you want to hang out with us?”

 

Hang out? As in go play with them? Um, I don’t even know you, so why would I want to ‘hang out’ with you? Sorry (not really), but I’m going to have to refuse you.

 

“No, I’m fine, thanks.”

“Come on! It’ll be really fun!”

“No, thanks,” I said, with a forced grin.

 

Looking back at the road, I tried to cross again. Why were so many cars coming now? Aish.  I began to walk further down the road, to see if there was a place I could cross.  Hearing footsteps behind me, I saw that the boys were laughing and following me.

 

“Come on, it’ll be fun, I promise!”

 

He caught up to me and grabbed my arm. Looking at him, I tried to tug my arm back.  Wouldn’t these guys stop it?

 

“No, I don’t want to!”

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. We won’t hurt you!”

“No, I don’t want to go!”

“Come on, it’s this way…”

 

And he began to take me somewhere else.  I tried to get away, but it was fruitless.  Now the other two guys were guarding me as well. I guess now is the time to scream. in my breath, I prepared to call for Oppa.

 

“Stop! Let her go!”

 

There’s my chance.  I guess I'll save the yelling for now. I tugged my arm out, but it was grabbed again.  The boys turned to address the person who had called.

 

“Can’t you see she doesn’t want to go with you? Let her go.”

“Why should we? Who are you to tell us what to do?”

“Let her go, will you?”

“No!”

 

Suddenly, a swarm of men in black came and pulled the boys away from me. Someone pulled me from behind and put himself in front of me. 

 

“You can let them go now,” the voice said.

 

He’s Korean? Looking out from behind, I saw that the men let go of the guys, who quickly ran away.  Letting out a sigh, I calmed down.  That was a close call.  Who knows what would have happened if I wasn’t helped.  Well, I guess I could have called for Yun Ho oppa, but who knows if he would have heard my call. The man spoke again, this time a bit wryly.

 

“Aren’t you all a little conspicuous? The black in broad day light is a bit much, isn’t it?”

 

Looking at the back of the man who rescued me, I questioned who it could be. Who was this man, and why did he have body guards with him? He certainly wasn’t from these parts, considering he was Korean.  Speaking of which, his figure and voice sound very familiar…

 

“Yun Hee ya, gwen cha na?”

“Jin Ki oppa?!”

 


 

Oh...a twist of things eh? We haven't had this much drama in a while xD

I hope it was okay!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

shawol4lifeminnie: It did take Yun Ho a bit long, right? xD

crazy4you: Yeah, I won't be getting a boyfriend soon either. LOL And yeah, I realized pretty recently that the names Yun Hee and Yun Ho are similar.  I guess that worked out well, since they are siblings ^^

theclumsywitch: Your comment made me want to write about what they talked about in the kitchen..I hope it satisfied your curiousity ^^

amyra961: But you are her ^^ It's simply imagination, even if it won't ever be real...:D

pResTige: This is the first part of the New Year related theme.  I hope it was all right!

Vengeance: I couldn't resist adding them in.  They have to act lovey dovey some time, considering Yun Ho has been preventing them from doing so.

Lorena: Yup, it was a nice Christmas for them all..hehe

dearorchid: ^^ I hope you like this chapter!

TofuCharismaShawol: Well, how do you think this chapter went? Was it all right? :D

SHINeepoofs: Oh, I heard sisters are even more scary xD Well, I'm the eldest in the family, so I'm kind of wondering what will happen when I do get a boyfriend.  Maybe my older cousins will see to it xD

ohhzuii56: LOL, I want to go have a snowball fight..I've never seen snow before ;( (Except on TV and pictures)

onsangtae: Onew and Yun Ho vs Yun Hee...oh ho sounds interesting :D

MechanicalAngel: Do tell me how you like this chapter as well!

starlove: Yup Yup, Yun Ho has finally approved of the boyfriend.  Epic! LOLOL

Shizine19: It's definitely a nice way to end Christmas :D Jin Ki has a burden lifted off his shoulders.

jay_rose: I will try to live up to your expectations! If only my english essays could go this well :/ xD

OnewxChicken4ever: Yes, Jin Ki is accepted by the brother! haha :D