~Savior

Psychology Boyfriend

Everyone, I haven't been that well, physically or mentally.

I'm not going crazy (I promise).

I've just had it with the derogatory comments from my family.

I'm in a self pitying mode right now, but I'll get over it.

Since I can't make anyone at home happy, I'll try to do that here w/ another update.

Sorry for the mood, but hopefully, you will enjoy the chapter the same.

Won't be responding to comments, since that won't go down so well.  I'll do it the next chapter.

Again, sorry :/

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“Yun Hee. Wake up! Jungshin chareyo! Get a hold of yourself!” 

I shook her but nothing. Her eyes remained closed, but she was till breathing. She must of fainted from shock. Holding her close to me, I stood up and carried her bridal style in my arms. Walking quickly and then breaking into a jog, I carried her to the front of the school and set her in my car. Carefully setting her down in the passenger seat, I buckled her in.

Looking at her, I brushed her hair out roughly with my fingers and wiped away the dust on her face with a towel before closing the door.

Going into the drivers side, I buckled myself in and looked at her once, worried, before starting up the engine and driving her home.

What in the world happened to you Yun Hee?

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Aniyo (formal): No

Choesahamnida (formal): Sorry

Eomonim (formal): Way to address another's mother. Can be mother-in-law

Abeonim (formal): Way to address another's father.  Can be father-in-law

Arasso: Okay or all right

Sshii: Suffix added to the end of someone's name, whom you don't know well or have high respects for

Yeobo: Means honey.  Used by wives to call their husbands

Bu In: Wife

Deh (formal): Yes

Kamsamhamnida (formal): Thank you

Gomawayo (informal): Thank you

 

 


 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                            10/24/11

            Luckily, this period is a study hall of some sorts for me, since I’ve already finished my work for today.  I can’t help but write, because I’m in a happy mood right now.  Jin Ki asked me to be his real girlfriend!  I know this is still a project, but at least we won’t have to fake the relationship to complete it.  I’m just glad he got the hints I’ve been dropping yesterday after our date.

            Yes, we had our first date last weekend.  He took me to the beach to watch the sunset first.  Isn’t it romantic?  We also had a bit of bonding time as well, and I got to know him a little better.  Then, he took me to an Italian restaurant, La Bella, for dinner.  Things got a bit awkward here.  He confessed to me that he didn’t want to be friends after the project ended, but he wanted to have a real relationship instead.  I was silent for the rest of dinner, mulling things over in my head.  When I finally told him how I felt, he was ecstatic.

            The next morning, he called me to talk about the date, and I began to insinuate about the real relationship, and how we didn’t have to wait till the project ended to start it.  He was really clueless, so I ended up hanging up on him.  But I was met with a surprise the next day at school.  He dragged me into the music room and sang a song for me on the piano.  After that, he asked me to be his girlfriend.

            I said yes of course, but it didn’t end right there.  He even brought lunch for me that he made himself, and we ate in the school courtyard.  I don’t think I could be any happier.  It seems like everything is right in the world.  Anyway, that is all for now.  I’ll be writing more soon.

 

                                                                                                                                                             Kang Yun Hee

 

***

 

I suddenly remembered writing that journal entry earlier, and I couldn’t be anymore wrong.  For all I knew, I probably jinxed myself into this situation.

           

After shaking the door and hitting it for a little while more, I stopped and slid down the wall, sitting on the ground.  It was hopeless.  No one was here to hear me or save me.  I was alone, and for how long, I didn’t know.  I began to cry again.  I couldn’t help it.  What else was I suppose to do?  It was impossible for me to keep a permanent positive attitude for something like this.  I don’t think anyone can in this situation.  I laid my head on my folded arms, which rested on the top of my knees.  I just wanted to escape this nightmare, even for a little while.  But then I heard something.

 

“Yun Hee! Where are you?!”

 

That voice…it was Jin Ki.  He went looking for me!

 

“Yun Hee!  Tell me where you are!”

 

Oppa, I’m here.  I’m in this shed.  That was what I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t.  My throat had gone hoarse and my voice disappeared all together.  I began to shake and it the door again.  I stopped when I couldn’t hear his voice anymore.  Listening carefully, I tried to pick up Jin Ki’s voice again.

 

 “Yun Hee!”

 

He screamed again, so I began hitting the door over and over, anything to get his attention this way.  Even though my hands and feet began to hurt from hitting the door, I continued to do it anyway, until the point where I couldn’t anymore.  After that, I just stood against the door, sobbing.

 

“Yun Hee?”

 

Jin Ki’s voice was closer now.  He had finally found where I was.  For the first time after this incident, I felt hope again.  There was someone out there who cared about me enough to wait for me and to look for me. 

 

My head began to spin, and my vision began to blur.  Although I couldn’t see much in the shed, I knew my head was beginning to get dizzy.  I vaguely heard Jin Ki pull something out, and when he opened the doors, the last thing I saw was his face before blacking out.

 

***

 

I drove as fast as I could without driving recklessly to Yun Hee’s house.  I didn’t know what her parents would say when I rang their doorbell to find their precious daughter in this state, but I didn’t care.  All I wanted was for her to be safe, and that was all we could hope for.  Parking hastily in their driveway, I jumped out of the car and rushed up to the door, pressing the doorbell multiple times.  After a couple of minutes, I saw Yun Hee’s mother open the door, with a surprised look on her face, but I could also see she was worried.  After all, Yun Hee was late coming home.

 

“Jin Ki sshii! What are you doing here?”

“Eomonim, Yun Hee is hurt.  I’ve brought her here in my car, but I’m not sure what happened.”

“Yun Hee is hurt?!”

 

Nodding, I led her to my car and opened up the passenger seat.  With one look, Yun Hee’s mother gasped and began to cry.

 

“Please, bring her into the house!”

“Of course.”

 

I hurriedly unbuckled her and carried her bridal style into the house.  We passed by Yun Hee’s father who shot up from his place on the couch when he saw us come by.  Eomonim led us to her room and pointed to the bed.  I walked over and carefully laid her down, standing back to really look at her.

 

Other than the small patches of blood on one side of her clothes, Yun Hee didn’t look that bad.  Since her clothes were still on, she wasn’t hurt there, but there seemed to be bruises on her face, and her injured arm seemed to have more bruising that what I saw this morning.  She must have been thrown or landed on that side, which explains the blood patches on the left side of her body.  What’s more, she had tear stains on her face, which told me she had been crying.  I did hear sobs earlier.

 

“Bu In!  What happened to our Yun Hee?!”

“Jin Ki said that he found her in a shed on the school grounds, but he doesn’t know what happened to her.”

“Who could have done this to our daughter?”

“I don’t know yeobo, I don’t know.”

 

I felt guilty all of a sudden.  Why didn’t I look for her more earnestly?  Maybe if I had gone to search for her sooner, this wouldn’t have happened.  I turned to her parents and kneeled down in front of them, bowing my head.

 

“Jin Ki sshii!  What are you doing?”

“Choesahamnida.  Choesahamnida for not being able to protect your daughter.”

“No Jin Ki sshii.  You don’t have to worry about that.  It’s not your fault.  How could you have known that this would happen to her?” Eomonim said.

“I could have searched for her more quickly.  I could’ve done something.”

 

I bowed my head down even further.  I felt so guilty, but I looked up when Yun Hee’s father put his hand on my shoulder.

 

“No Jin Ki.  This is not your fault.  We can only thank you from the bottom of our hearts for rescuing Yun Hee before it was too late.  Don’t feel guilty for nothing, because you wouldn’t have known about this.  You can’t predict the future, so stop blaming yourself.”

“Deh, kamsahamnida.”

“Now, get off the floor, hmm?”

 

I stood up slowly and looked at them.  They smiled at me affectionately and it made me feel slightly warmer inside. 

 

“Now Jin Ki, why don’t you go home and relax a bit.  I’m sure you’ve gone through a lot today.”

“I’d like to stay, if I may.  I want to see her wake up before I leave.”

 

Nodding sympathetically, Eomonim agreed.

 

“Arasso.  Just let me get her cleaned up first and then you can come in.”

“Kamsahamnida.”

 

I followed Abeonim out the door and down the stairs.  He motioned for me to take a seat on the couch as we waited and left for the kitchen.  When he came back, he held out a cup of tea to me.  Thanking him silently, I took the cup from him and took sips from time to time, staring out the window.  I was broken out of my reverie when he spoke.  He had taken a seat across from me.

“I, along with Yun Hee’s mother, don’t know how to thank you enough.”

“Aniyo.  I only did what was right.”

“But you are one of her close friends, yes?”

 

Friends?  No, we just began our real relationship today.  Should I tell him or should I not?  The silence must have told him something.

 

“Then, her boyfriend, perhaps?”

 

I looked up at him surprised, and he simply chuckled.

 

“I can see the way you look at her.  You’re not simply her friend.”

“Choesahamnida.”

“No, there’s nothing wrong with that.  I’m just glad Yun Hee found such a reliable man.”

 

I smiled for the first time after I found Yun Hee today.

 

“Kamsahamnida.”

“Please, look after her like you did today.”

“I will.  You won’t have to worry about that.”

“Gomawayo.”

 

We heard someone go down the stairs, so we both turned around. Eomonim finally finished cleaning Yun Hee, and she had a worried look on her face.  Standing up, I looked at her.

 

“Is there something wrong with her?”

 

She looked at me in surprise.

 

“No, no.  Nothing is wrong with her.  She does have a couple of scraped spots, but that’s nothing to worry about.  I’ve cleaned off the dirt and changed her clothes, in addition to bandaging her scrapes.  But I’m a bit worried about her arm.  It seems to have more bruising than before, and there are a couple of bruises on her stomach.”

 

I clenched my fists, growing angry at who ever did this to my Yun Hee.

 

“But other than that, she’s fine.  Let’s not worry about that and be happy she’s safe at home.”

 

Abeonim went to Eomonim and wrapped his arm around her, patting her shoulder to comfort her.  Then he looked to me.

 

“Jin Ki, why don’t you go up and see how Yun Hee is doing?  We’ll be down here if you need us.”

“Deh, kamsahamnida.”

 

With a slight bow, I went upstairs to her room, trying to keep myself from sprinting.  When I finally arrived at her door, I opened it quietly and stepped inside, closing it carefully.  Looking at her again, I was relieved.

 

Her hair was no longer tangled and dirty, but it was brushed out and laid around her face softly.  She was free from the dirt and dust now, unlike before.  Her clothes were also changed into clean pajamas, and her scrapes were bandaged, just as her mother told me.  She was now tucked under her blankets and seemed to be sleeping peacefully.

 

I pulled chair over to the side of her bed and sat down, staring at her intently.  Thank goodness I was able to save her before something tragic happened.  Seeing her so peaceful right now made me happy.  At least some of her pain was gone when she was asleep.  I smiled slightly and reached out to brush some stray hairs off her face and to her cheek slightly.  But when I did, Yun Hee shifted slightly, moving her cheek into my hand.  I held my breath and waited. 

 

Was she going to wake up?  After sitting there for couple of seconds, I saw that Yun Hee was still asleep.  Taking my hand away slowly so I wouldn’t accidentally wake her up, I sat there watching Yun Hee with a smile on my face.

 

Since I was already there, I decided to take a look around her room.  It was a pretty normal room, though it wasn’t as girly as I imagined it to be.  Instead of the pink that was associated with girls, Yun Hee on the other hand, had a scheme of green, white, and black. 

It wasn’t too elaborate, but simple instead.  Her bed was in the corner against white walls, while across from it was her desk where I saw stacks of books and a laptop.  Next to it, I saw a white vanity and behind me, there was a walk in closet.  Beside me, and the other side of the bed were two small nightstands with lamps on top.  There was even a lotus looking light above us.

 

http://img.diynetwork.com/DIY/2010/01/04/HGTV2502846-smartchicbedrooms_cream-green-bedroom_s4x3_lg.jpg

 

Looking back at her, she was still fast asleep.

 

So for the rest of the time, I simply sat there and watched her face, willing for her to wake up.

 


 

End, hopefully that was satisfactory.

I realized I haven't been doing journal entries, so I'll try to do more of that.