~Dinner with Hesitations

Psychology Boyfriend

Yay! It's another update...

But this is the second time I have to write this up :/

Dang internet :( Disconnected right when I pressed the Add Chapter button!

Oh well...it's worth it I guess

Since you all gave such great responses, I'm giving another update, just as promised ^^

Let's just hope I won't have to type this up a third time D:<

I know you all are curious about why Jin Ki doesn't like girls...but you'll have to wait...

It will come soon, I promise ^-^

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“Gomawayo.”

“What are you thanking for?”

“For answer my questions, even if partially.”

“Aniyo, it’s nothing.” 

We smiled and looked out toward the sea. We had been talking for awhile now, and time had passed. It was about 6:30 now, and the sun was beginning to set. Taking a seat on a bench, we sat quietly and watched the sun disappear underneath the horizon.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Oppa: Name used by a female to address her older brother, guy friend, or boy friend

Kaja: Let's go

Arasso: Okay or all right

Aniyo (formal): No

 


 

Once the sun had fully set under the horizon, Jin Ki and I stood up, walking slowly to his car.  After watching the sunset, the time was 7:00, just the right time for dinner.  Getting into the car, Jin Ki drove to a restaurant, telling me that it was one of the best restaurants in town.  Knowing nothing, I nodded and decided to take his word for it.

 

After a half an hour’s ride, Jin Ki finally pulled up at a small restaurant that looked very homey and comfortable.  He got out of the car before I could unbuckle my seatbelt and was at my side opening my door for me.  Smiling, I grasped his hand that he offered and stepped out of the car.  It was nice to be with a gentleman for once.  Looking up at the sign, I saw that the name of the restaurant was La Bella

 

“You like Italian food oppa?”

“Yes, once in awhile it’s a nice treat, don’t you think?”

“Of course.  Kaja, I’m getting hungry.”

“Arasso.”

 

Leading me in, Jin Ki went to the counter and asked for his reservation.  Nodding, the waiter took two menus and led us to our reservation.  It was a Saturday night, so the venue was pretty crowded, but the table where we were led to was a secluded area, away from most of the noise, giving us a little bit of privacy.

 

Moving to take my seat, I found that Jin Ki was already there pulling my chair out for me.  Thanking him, I sat down and waited for him to take a seat before looking at the menu.  There were so many dishes to choose from, but I was glad that the prices were affordable.  I didn’t want to spend a fortune on a simple dinner.

 

“What do you suggest oppa? I’ve never been here before.”

“Mm, I actually like the spaghetti or pasta.  They’re both very good.”

 

 

Nodding, I looked back at the menu before deciding what to eat.  A couple of minutes later, the waiter returned and asked us for our order.  Closing our menus, Jin Ki and I gave the waiter our orders.

 

“I’ll have the pasta alfredo with mushrooms.  What do you want Yun Hee?’

“I’ll have the cream pasta with shrimp please.”

“Of course, and would you like anything to drink?”

“I’ll have a warm tea.”

“Same for me as well,” Jin Ki said.

“Thank you.  We’ll have your order ready in about 15 minutes.”

Taking our menus, the waiter walked away, leaving us to ourselves.

 

“So, what do you think of this place?” asked Jin Ki.

“It seems like a suitable place.”

“Perfect for a first date hmm?” Jin Ki teased.

“Of course,’ I said wryly.

 

Jin Ki grinned.

 

“Oh come on, I was only joking. Don’t be mad.”

“I’m not mad, I’m simply humoring you,” I said cheekily.

“That’s very kind of you.  I feel so honored,” he said sarcastically.

 

The two of us ended up laughing at how stupid we were being, so we stopped.

 

“Anyway, about the project…” Jin Ki started carefully.

“Yes, what about it?’

 

We were briefly interrupted while the waiter arrived and gave us our drinks.  Thanking him silently, we went back to our conversation.

 

“Have you written in the journal yet?”

“I have, but not that much.  I think at most it’s about 2 entries?’

“Ahh…I only have 2 as well,” he said sheepishly.

“Well, that’s fine.  We still have a long way to go till we’re over.”

 

I grimaced slightly when I said that.  It felt like it was just a throw, like dating was something to play with, but I knew it was just a project.  I can’t ask for anything more than that.

 

“I guess, but sometimes, I have no idea what to write about.”

“Well, I just write about how I feel.  Like, what will happen next, what I want to happen next, what I hope for this project; those kinds of things.”

“It seems like you’re having an easy time with this project”

“It may seem like that, but it’s not really true.  I’m just giving you some ideas about what to write on. Nothing more.”

 

Jin Ki leaned forward over his crossed arms on the table.

 

“Tell me, what do you hope will happen for this relationship?”

“About that…that’s a secret.  I can’t tell you.”

“Why not?  Is it that bad to hide it?”

“It’s not bad exactly, just wishful thinking, and dreaming.  Possibly embarrassing.”

“It can’t be that bad, at least as bad as mine.”

 

I looked at him pointedly.

 

“And what may that be?’

“I can’t tell you unless you tell me.”

“But I asked you!”

“And I asked you first.”

 

Sighing, I shook my head.

 

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to tell you one thing…”

“Of course it won’t.”

“I want, this ‘relationship’ to go smoothly.”

“That’s it?  What was so embarrassing about that?”

“That’s not all.  I also hope that we can stay friends after this project has ended.”

“Friends?”

 

Jin Ki looked a bit bothered by that, but he quickly changed his expression and smiled.

 

“Is there something wrong with that?

“No, nothing wrong at all.”

“Then why did your face look unhappy?”

“I wasn’t unhappy.  But you’re right, I hope that this ‘relationship’ will run smoothly as well.  Wouldn’t it be nice if we could still be friends without awkwardness after this?”

“Yeah, it would be nice”

“Though, I don’t know if I want that to happen.”

 

Looking at him curiously, I wondered what he meant.

 

“What are you talking about?”

“I don’t know if I should tell you…”

“Hey, I told you one of mine, so you tell me one of yours.  It’s only fair that way, right?”

“But I might scare you away, and then your hope of continuing this relationship smoothly will go down the drain.  I don’t want that to happen.”

“Wow, this must be something serious if you’re that scared to tell me.”

 

Jin Ki shrugged his shoulders.

 

“It might be, or it might not be.  I guess it all depends on how you perceive it.  It could be different from how I think of it.”

“I guess, but I’ll only know when you tell me right?”

“Again, I’m deciding whether it’s worth it to tell you.  Will the benefits overweigh the consequences?  That’s my main problem.”

“What’s the worst that could happen?”

“You either storm out of this restaurant,” he started, “or stay but simply make the atmosphere awkward, and possibly never talk to me again like you’re doing now.”

“Wow, seems really dangerous.”

“I know.  See why I’m having such a hard time with this?”

“I can see that, but I have a feeling it won’t go that way.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Call it a girl’s intuition, if you may.”

“Can I trust that intuition to play in my favor?”

 

I leaned toward slightly toward him.

 

“I can’t say for sure.  You’ll just have to take the risk.”

 

Jin Ki sighed and leaned back into his chair, shaking his head at me and smiling grimly.

 

“I hoped it wouldn’t come down to that.”

 

I felt bad for making him so distressed.  Maybe I shouldn’t pester him about it.  It was clearly something very important to him.

 

“Aniyo oppa, it doesn’t come down to it.”

 

He looked at me curiously.

 

“What do you mean?”

“You don’t have to tell me.  If it’s causing you that much distress to even think about it, then I don’t want to pressure you into telling me.  You’ll tell me when it’s the right time, so I’ll wait.”

 

He grinned at me.

 

“Are you sure you can do that?”

“Why not?  Isn’t that what friends do?”

“Right, friends…”

 

Again, that expression showed up, but I still didn’t understand why.

 

The waiter finally arrived with our dinner and he silently set our plates in front of us.  Thanking him, he nodded his head and walked away after telling us to call for him if we needed anything else. 

 

Jin Ki picked up his fork but set it down with resolution after holding it for a couple of minutes without digging into his pasta.  I sat there quietly, waiting for him to speak.  He looked up after awhile, but this time, I saw determination in his face.  Staring straight at me, he spoke with conviction.

 

“I’ll tell you.”

“You will?”

“I will.”

“Well, take your time,” I said softly and smiled at him.

He took a deep breath before speaking.

 

“I want this relationship to run smoothly as well…”

 

I nodded and waited for him to continue.

 

“…and I don’t want to be friends after this project is over.”

 

I felt a twinge of pain in my chest.  He didn’t want to remain friends?  Did that mean that he wanted to go back to ignoring each other after this was over? Trying to keep from showing my hurt emotions on my face, I put on a straight face.

 

“All right.  We won’t be friends after this is over.”

“Good.”

“Is it good?” I said, almost hysterically, but my eyes grew wide at his next words.

 

“Yes, because I want something more than that.”

 


 

Well, that was chapter 11!

Just a note: Jin Ki and the rest of 'SHINee' are seniors, which makes them around 18-19 years old

Which is why Jin Ki can drive and have restuarant reservations (you can reserve at restuarants at 18..right? xD)

Anyway, I hope that clears up some confusions, if any

Again, please help promote my story ^-^

Comment and Subscribe!

(Because it means faster updates!)

<3 WinterRose

 


 

bananaO13: Yup, Jin Ki likes her ^^  It's about time he got over his self denial, right?

shineefan829: Someone from DBSK hmm? I just might take your suggestion, so thank you ^^

forgetfulxangel: Yup, here's another chapter that continues w/ their date! Hope you like it!

SHINeepoofs: Yes, mysterious Jin Ki is attractive ^^  Then again, he's always attractive..lol

Maiko_chan:  You're welcome xD And you'll find out what happens next in this chapter!

YoungMi: Thank you for loving this story :D Here's another update.

starlove: You have internet access at camp?  Nice! And yes, he is falling for her :] And aren't you glad I didn't type up an elaborate response?  I saved everyone the trouble of reading it xD

crazy4you: Yes, Jin Ki is sweet ^^ And you'll find out what happens next in this chapter, so read on!

MonsterMonsteur: You love the story! Yay for me :D And will do, hwaiting~

theclumsywitch: Yes, the first date is always memorable, especially when it's good.

zoeystar: Here's another update for you ^^

ForeverInLove: Cute? I'm glad you like it :]

Vengeance: Yeah, I've never actually seen a sunset, but hey, it's a story...LOL

TaeminOppa16: Yay, first date! haha.  Update right here :)

rialoves: Thank you for reading! Here is an update as promised!

leeminhyun13: Yes, we all love our Onew <3

amyra961: Welcome to my story.  I always love new readers, and you're right.  Everything is better w/ SHINee!