~Asking for Forgiveness

Psychology Boyfriend

Annyoung yeorobun ^^

Well, it's the end of the week, and you know what that means...update!

It's raining pretty hard right now where I am, and I'm a little scared..for my brother.

He does cross country, and they run no matter what weather, which is LAME!

He gets burnt in the sun, and wet from the rain...the teacher is STUPID!

I wish my brother would wear a jacket with a hood, but he doesn't have one right now...

I hope he won't get sick :/

Anyway, enough about my brother.  Enjoy the next chapter ;D

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“Whatever that’s bothering you, I hope you’ll get it resolved.”

I turned around and looked at him, but Tae Min simply smiled at me.

“I don’t know what you’re thinking about, but don’t worry about it too much, neh? The next time you’re worried about something, tell me, because I’ll take you out for ice cream again.”

“Really?”

Tae Min nodded. 

“I find that when you eat something you like, your mood becomes better and you get happier.”

“Gomawayo.”

“It’s nothing. That’s what a chingu is for, right? Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow.” 

And with a wave of his hand, Tae Min pedaled away. I smiled before walking up the driveway and into the house, slightly happier than I was before when I was at school. I was glad for what Tae Min did today, and like he said, the ice cream did lift my mood a little bit. It was good to have friends like Tae Min around to cheer me up. After all, like he said, that was what friends were for.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Najungae yaegihacha: I'll talk to you later

Dowajo: Help me/ I need help

Naega dowajulge: I'll help you

Seonmul: Present

Peonji: Letter/message

Mwo pilyohae?: What do you want?

Jogeum man: A litle bit

Cam dongiyo: I'm touched

Yokshi: Of course. Ex: Of course, you are my girlfriend after all.

Mael manayo: I'll see you tomorrow

 


 

I don’t know what got to me.  Actually, I do, but I just don’t want to admit it.  Yes, I was jealous, and yes, it was because of the new kid, Jun Ki.  I haven’t known Yun Hee that well, but honestly, if I were to really judge her, I would never think that she would cheat on me, or have eyes for anyone else (I'm not trying to be arrogant), especially when we were going out.

 

Despite that, I couldn’t help my jealous rise up.  It was like that day she chose her friends over me, but this time, it was worst, because it was a guy and not a girl that she hung out with.  Sure, she was only being a Samaritan  and helping out the new kid, who for some odd reason had the same exact schedule as her, but it didn’t really help the fact that I was still feeling jealous.

 

Not to mention the fact that we suddenly locked lips in the school garden after falling over.  I called her there in the first place so we could have some alone time, since Jun Ki was suffocating us the entire day.  I even made a small cake for her that day, but that ended up getting quite ruined when we fell, so I decided not to give it.  It seemed like she didn’t really feel anything when we "kissed".  It didn’t even seem like she was flustered, because she acted normal and continued to talk to Jun Ki, like nothing had happened.  I think that was what really ticked me off, so when Biology ended, I got up quickly and walked off to my next class, not bothering to walk her to p.e. like I usually did. That was wrong on my part, considering what happened a couple of days ago, and the fact that I said I would never let her leave my sight unless I knew she was safe. 

 

In a way, I guess it was okay.  That Jun Ki was stuck to her like gum to a shoe, and I doubt she would be alone for too long.  Even telling myself that didn’t work, since I was a nervous mess during music class, and didn’t pay attention to the lecture.  When school ended, I hurried over to apologize to her and take her home, but when I got there, I saw that Jun Ki was already there waiting for her.  I gritted my teeth and turned around swiftly, walking to my car and slamming the door before driving off.

 

I didn’t get too far before feeling guilty, so I stopped and parked on the side walk before pulling out my phone and calling Min Ho.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Min Ho, it’s me.”

“Jin Ki hyung?  What’s up?”

“Could you take Yun Hee home today?”

“I can’t.  I’m busy today at school with the soccer club.  But I’ll ask Tae Min.  He has a bike and can take her home.  Is that all right?”

“Sure, I’ll text you her address.”

“Arasso, I’ll send it to Tae Min afterward.”

“Thanks, I’ll talk to you later.”

“No problem, but why aren’t you taking her home?”

 

I felt as if he knew something was wrong, but I tried to evade it.”

“I am some things to do, so I can’t take her home.”

“Right, Najungae yaegihacha.”

 

And with that, he hung up.  I sighed and threw my phone in the passenger seat before driving home.  I half heartedly greeted my parents as I went up the stairs to my room.  Closing the door, I dropped down onto my bed and laid my arm across my face. 

 

I really was being upset for nothing.  I should have talked to Yun Hee instead of ignoring her, because this is just all the more torturing.  I thought of calling her, but I didn’t think she would be in the mood to pick up the phone if she knew I was calling.  I don’t think showing up at her house tomorrow to take her to school would be good either.  It would make me look inconsiderate of her feelings.

 

I need something to make her thaw out, but what?  Aish, I was really a pabo when it came to things like this.  Maybe Ki Bum can help me.

 

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Ki Bum, dowajo.”

“Help with what hyung?”

“Getting Yun Hee’s forgiveness.”

“What did you do this time?”

“Nothing in particular…”

“Did you ignore her again for no reason?”

“…”

“I guess so.  Gee hyung, you’re really bad at this relationship thing.  You know that you should talk to each other if something is bothering you.  That’s the only way to solve problems.”

“I know, I know…”

“A little too late apparently.”

“I guess you’re not helping me then? If so, I’ll just hang up.”

“Cha ka man nyo.  Naega dowa julge, so chill a little.”

“I am chill!”

“I’ll just ignore the comment that just came up in my mind and tell you what to do.”

“That would be nice, you know?”

“Well, you could send her a seonmul or peonji.”

“And how would that help?”

“If I were next to you right now, I’d slap you.”

“Why?!”

“Because you’re such a pabo.  You’re sending her those to let her know that you’re thinking of her and that you’re sorry.  Sheesh, guys these days don’t know anything.”

“So, you’re saying you’re not a guy?”

“Shut up.”

“Okay, okay.  But still, I get it.  I guess it’s a good idea, but when should I do it?”

“The sooner the better, as I always say.”

“All right, thanks Ki Bum.”

“No problem, just don’t mess it up this time.”

“I won’t, trust me.”

And so I ended up driving to the nearest florist to create a bouquet for Yun Hee.  The problem was, I had no idea what kind of flowers to send.  I scratched my head as I looked around at the numerous varieties of flowers before the florist came over to help me.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo.  How may I help you?”

“Ah, I was looking for some flowers to send for my girlfriend, but I don’t know which flowers to choose.”

“What’s the occasion?”

“I’m…trying to apologize to her.”

“If it’s an apology, then you should send her purple hyacinth flowers.  They symbolize a wish for forgiveness and that you’re sorry.”

“All right then.  I’ll take a dozen of those.”

“What kind of wrapping do you want with it?”

“Clear is fine, and with a pretty ribbon on it.”

“And do you want to send a card with it as well?”

“Sure.”

“All right, let’s go over to the counter so I can ring up your order and give you a pen and card to write your message.”

 

So I followed the florist over to the cash register where she took out a piece of stationary and a pen for me.  Then, she rung up my order.

 

“That will be 14,000 won please.”

 

I gave her the payment and she thanked me before handing me the receipt and going over to make my bouquet.  As she worked, I sat down on the stool and looked at the paper blankly, trying to figure out what to write.  After thinking for awhile, I decided to let the pen make contact with the paper and wrote my message.

 

Dear Yun Hee,

          I know I was being a jerk today, and I’m sorry for that.  I should have talked to you instead of being a coward and hiding from you.  I’ve already broken my vow to keep you safe, and I feel hoirrible for that.  I promise from now on that I will do my best to protect you, always.  I don’t know if you’ll be able to forgive me, but I’m hoping that these flowers and card will make you a little more happier with me.  It’s not much, but it’s something.  The flowers I’m sending to you, by the way, are called purple hyacinths and they symbolize a wish for forgiveness.  I’m hoping you’ll accept them and forgive me.  Once again, I’m sorry, and I’ll try to do better in the future.  No, I will do better in the future.

 

Jin Ki

 

Once I had finished my message and slipped it into the envelope, I looked up to see the worker hand me the bouquet.  Smiling, I thanked her, slightly nodding my head and walked out of the shop.  Setting the bouquet down carefully in the passenger seat along with the card, I drove over to Yun Hee’s house.  When I parked in front of her house, I suddenly chickened out. 

Should I ask her mom to let me in?  No, that will just be so awkward when she calls to Yun Hee and finds that we're in a fight.  Should I just leave the flowers there on the doorstep? On second thought, what if they open the door, not realizing what's on the ground, and then step on it?  Too risky.  What if I ask her mom to pass the flowers on to her? Nope...her mom will be suspicious of why I couldn't do it myself.

 

I ended just messing up my hair in frustration and slamming my head down on the steering wheel, prompting the horn to go off.  I froze when I heard it go off, and hoped that Yun Hee wouldn’t suddenly look out of her window and find me there.  For all I knew, she’d probably storm down and demand why I was there, after treating her so this afternoon.  I held my breath as I looked out my window to see if her curtains had moved.

 

Thankfully they didn’t, so I decided that I would muster up my courage and be a man.  In other words, I would march up to their front door and hopefully hand the flowers over to her mother.  I'll think of some excuse on the spot, and bolt as soon as the door closed, maybe even before that.  Her mother would hand the flowers over to her.

 

Walking up to the door, I reached out to press the doorbell, but I suddenly froze again.  I cursed inwardly, telling myself to stop being such a aegi.  When I finally pressed the door bell, I held my breath, waiting for her mom to open the door.  What I didn’t expect to happen, was to see Yun Hee opening the door.  When she looked up to see me, she looked a bit surprised, but then I could tell she was ticked off with me.

 

“Jin Ki?”

“Uh..Hi?”

 

She leaned against the doorframe and crossed her arms, glaring at me.

 

“Mwo pilyohae?”

“I...I…well…that is..”

 

Yun Hee raised her eyebrow in question and stared me down.  I cleared my throat and brang out the bouquet from behind my back and held it out to her, bowing my head and looking at the ground.

 

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for being a jerk today, and that I won’t do that again. I shouldn't have left you without explaining everything and leaving you alone at school.  It's all my fault. Chongmal miahne and I hope you can forgive me.  Did I mention I was a jerk?”

 

I waited for a response but didn’t hear anything.  It was torturous, waiting for her to speak, so when I lifted my head and looked over the bouquet I held out, I found her smiling softly.

 

Taking the bouquet in her hands she grinned at me.

 

“You really are cute oppa.  I’ll give that to you.”

“Deh?”

 

She shook her head and walked out of the house to stand in front of me. 

 

“Oppa, I forgive you.”

 

I couldn’t believe my ears.  Did I hear right?

 

“Sorry?”

“I forgive you!”

 

She said, half yelling and laughing.

 

When her words finally registered in my brain, I breathed a sigh of belief and bent down, supporting myself with my hands on my knees.

 

“Wow, you must have been really sorry, to be acting like this.”

 

She patted my shoulder as she spoke.  I looked up at her and grinned.

 

“Jogeum man.”

 

I finally stood up and hugged her, holding her to my chest.

 

“Oppa, I know you’re happy, but you’re crushing the flowers.”

 

I laughed and let her go, stepping back a little.

 

“It’s okay.  The flowers were worth it, and they’ve already served their purpose: to have you give me your forgiveness.”

“Cam dong iyo. You got me flowers and drove all the way here just to get me to forgive you.”

 

I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment.

 

“Well…I wasn’t actually planning for you to open the door.  I assumed that your mom would so I’d hand the flowers over to her, and she would hand them off to you.”

“Aish, such a coward.”

“I know, I know, I was a coward, but things turned out pretty well, right?”

 

She smirked and rolled her eyes.

 

“Sure, I guess in your favor.  Anyway, since you’re here, do you want to stay for dinner?”

“I’ll have to pass today.  There’s a paper due tomorrow in English and I need to work on it.”

 

Yun Hee shook her head and smiled at me.

“You and your procrastinating ways.  But knowing you, you’ll probably get the best grade out of the class.”

“I’m guessing you’ve finished the paper already?”

“Just need to edit it and print it.  Then I’m ready to go.”

“Yokshi.  Yun Hee is my yeoja chingu afterall.”

“Sure sure.  Naeil manayo, yeah?”

“Just one thing.”

“Hmm?”

“This,”

 

And I swooped down and captured her lips.  This time was a bit more romantic than the other time.  Sure, it wasn’t our first kiss, nor was it particularly my first kiss (those two were taken earlier today in the school garden), but it was how it should have been the first time.

 

When I stepped back, I smiled at Yun Hee before turning around and walking down the driveway to my car.  With a last look at her standing in the doorway, I drove off.

 


 

Yup, end of chapter 28 ^^ Hope you all liked it.

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

crazy4you: Tae Min is cute, isn't he? I wonder how he is when he's serious.  He's not really portrayed like that in many stories, so I tired to incorporate that at the end, when he says he'lll help her. ^^

shawol4lifeminnie: Tae Min is quite the sweetheart ^^ I hope you liked the filler chapter, in addition to this one.

ForeverInLove: Don't worry, everyone has their ups and downs, but in the end, things will eventually turn out all right.  Lol, Yun Hee being inticed away ^^ And there is a song for dongsaengs: Dongsaeng neomu yeppeo~ xD And Wong Fu Productions rock! hehe.  I would go, but I can't.  Parent restrictions prevent me from going...and homework xD

OnewxChicken4ever: Jin Ki is quite the jealous man xD

starlove: I hope this chapter answered your question about why Jin Ki was upset !

ReiReiLove: Aww, I'm sure it's just as good, if not better than mine ^^ Thanks for liking it!

theclumsywitch: Mad at Jun Ki? Or, do you mean Yun Hee? He's not mad at Jun Ki, he's just jealous...I hope that this chapter cleared it up ?

rialoves: No problem.  Thank you for reading ^^ And I like those pictures of them too.

MonsterMonsteur: I like it too.  Originally I was going to just have her ride the bus home, but I just couldn't help add in Tae Min.  The sitcom he was in inspired me to do that scene.

SHINeepoofs: Oh no, don't worry about that.  I definitely don't plan on being on hiatus anytime soon.  The whole point of updating on weekends is because I have the time to do so.  If you were shocked, just know that there is no reason to be ^^

MechanicalAngel: Cute is Tae Min ^^ And I agree, I liked the scene as well.

pinkittenluvsxkpop: I hoped you liked that chapter, and this one :D

Vengeance: Yup, Tae Min is sweet, and so is Min Ho for sending him, and so is Jin Ki for telling Min Ho.  I hope you understood Jin Ki's mind through this chapter.

Lorena: Mm, I hope your questions were answered in this chapter!

pResTige: Well, you know why Jin Ki is mad now ^^ Hope you liked this chapter!

xeroxiff: I'm glad you liked the Tae Min scene.  I plan to do some scenes with all the other members as well, so look forward to that

dearorchid: I think Jin Ki's anger has dispersed after this chapter, don't you? ^^

ohhzuii56: Yeah, ice cream does sound good, but just not now, at least for me.  It's way too cold to be eating that stuff xD

MissLOLA1412: I hope you understand why he's mad now? If you need some more explanation, feel free to ask me!

forgetfulxangel: I went as Pikachu last year for the Halloween party at my school ^^ I want to try Totoro though..hehe

Shizine19: The pictures of them are very cute ^^ (that's what you're talking about, right? xD)

jay_rose: Welcome to this story, and thank you for loving it :D I hope you liked this update!

amyra961: I hope you liked this update, and that it answered your questions :D

infinitexx7: Lol, don't force yourself too much.  Just take your time, and you'll enjoy it even more :D

mrsonewlee: Hehe, thank you for liking it.  I hope you'll stay till the end!