~Bike Ride Home

Psychology Boyfriend

Mm, short day for me today

I probably should be doing my homework right now..but I'm not >.<

Guess I"m staying up late tonight :/

Anyway, I thought I'd update a chapter today, since the next chapter doesn't pertain to the storyline at all. 

You'll see what I mean by Friday ^^

Hope you enjoy this if you're reading this during your break from homework ^^

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“So how did you do for the obstacle course?”

“It was fun, in a way I guess,” I said, laughing.

“Looked like you got closer to Hyuk Ki.”

“Yeah, I did. We were talking about our psychology project.”

“Were you? Wasn’t he paired up with Hee Mi?”

“Yeah, but he’s not doing the project anymore. He couldn’t handle her, so he asked the teacher to assign him another project. I sure Hee Mi had the same thing.”

“Well, he’s lucky then.”

“Tell me about it. Are you going to walk me to the locker rooms again?”

Min Ho mock saluted and grinned.

“Hyung’s orders." 

I rolled my eyes and grinned.

“Arasso. Let’s go body guard sshii.”

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Musun ilul dowadurilggayo (formal): Is there something I can do for you?

Mehrong: Word said when sticking out your togue in a jokingly manner

Goguma: Sweet potato

Haengbokhae?: Are you happy?

Chingu: Friend

 


 

When I walked out of the locker rooms after school, I was expecting Jin Ki to be there waiting for me, but he wasn’t.  I didn't really find it surprising, but it was kind of disappointing.  After all he said about never letting me leave his sight, unless he knew for sure I was safe, was all for nothing?  It was just big talk? 

 

Instead of Jin Ki, though, I found Jun Ki waiting outside of the locker rooms.  When he saw me, he stood up from the bench and walked over.

 

“You’re done Yun Hee!”

“Deh.  But school’s over.  Do you need anything else?”

“Not really.  I just wanted to say bye to you before I left.”

 

That was sweet of him.  I smiled before speaking.

 

“That’s nice of you.  But you really didn’t have to.”

“But I wanted to!”

“Arasso, arasso.  I guess you can go now, if you don’t have anything else to do.  I’ll see you later, yeah?”

 

I proceeded to walk off, but was stopped when Jun Ki caught my arm as I went by.  I turned toward him surprised, and looked down at his hand grasping my wrist.

 

“Musun ilul dowadurilggayo?” I asked, curiously.

“Miahne!”

 

He let go of my hand quickly.

 

“I didn’t mean to do that.  I just wanted to stop you before you left.”

“Deh, gwen cha na…”

“But I was just wondering, could I walk you home?”

 

I was taken aback a little.  He wanted to walk me home?  He wasn’t my boyfriend or anything, so why did he want to do that?  Did he feel obligated to do so because I helped him out today?

 

“Look, if you feel obligated to walk me home, just because I helped you out today, then it’s fine.  I don’t need you to do that.”

“Ani, it’s just I want to.  You know, it’s not safe for girls to walk around by themselves…”

 

I smirked.

 

“Yeah, well, I’m not like other girls, so don’t worry, yeah?  I actually have a ride home, so I’ll get going now.”

 

With a last smile, I walked off quickly, before he could stop me again.  Actually, thinking now, I’m not even sure if Jin Ki is in the mood to take me home.  He’s still probably upset with me for no reason.  I sighed as I walked out to the parking lot to where he parked his car.  Just as I expected, it was gone.  I guess I’ll have to take the bus today…

 

Sitting at the bus stop, I waited for the bus to arrive when a bike stopped in front of where I was sitting.  Surprised, I looked up to find Tae Min upon his bike.  He grinned and patted the space behind him.

 

“Need a ride?”

“Is it safe?”

“If you hold on tight.”

I smiled gratefully and stood up, walking over and taking a seat in the back

 

“Then yes, I’ll take the ride.”

 

Tae Min tried to pedal off, but the bike tilted slight due to my added weight.

 

“Wow Yun Hee.  For someone so small, you’re pretty heavy.”

“Yah!”

 

Tae Min grinned and stuck his tongue out at me.

 

“Mehrong. Just kidding.”

 

And he started off with ease.  I wasn’t really holding on anything but the seat itself, but I soon found it wasn’t the best thing to hold on, so I settled on holding the straps of Tae Min’s backpack.  Tae Min was going in the direction of my house, so I wondered how he knew where it was, and how he knew I needed a ride.

 

“Hey, Tae Min?”

“Yeah?”

“How did you know I needed a ride? And what direction my house happens to be?”

 

He looked back and grinned at me before focusing back to the front.

 

“Jin Ki hyung texted me the directions.”

“So, he told you to get me?’

“Well, it was originally Min Ho, but he was busy today, so Min Ho asked me to take you home.”

 

I nodded and thought again.  Apparently, Jin Ki was still too mad to face me, so he sent his friends instead.  I smiled though.  At least he still cared for me and was worried about my well being, despite him being upset.

 

The bike ride obviously wasn’t as fast as a car, but it was still nice.  Today it was warm out, bit still breezy, so the wind blew through my hair as Tae Min pedaled along.  It was nice to see the scenery without the glass in the way as well.  When we passed by a couple of shops, Tae Min suddenly stopped.

 

“Let’s stop here for awhile.”

“Neh?  Waeyo?”

 

Despite the abrupt stop, I still got off the bike obediently, waiting on the sidewalk as Tae Min wheeled his bike over to a pole and locked it there before standing up and walking toward me.

 

“Why did we get off?  Did you get a flat tire?”

Tae Min laughed and shook his head.

 

“No, we stopped for this,” he said, pointing his finger over my shoulder. 

 

I turned around and saw an ice cream stand.  So that’s what he wanted.  I turned around and stared at Tae Min, amused.

 

“You wanted to stop for ice cream?”

“Of course.  On a day like this, it’s a sin not to eat ice cream!”

 

He grinned and pulled me toward the ice cream stand, excited like a boy opening his presents on Christmas morning.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo!  Welcome to Freezy Sundaes! How may I help you?”

“I’ll have a banana split on a cone please.  What about you, Yun Hee?”

“I’ll have the goguma flavor.”

“We’ll take one banana split and one goguma on cones please.”

“All right.  That will be 4000 won please.”

 

I reached for my wallet to pay for my cone, but Tae Min stopped me.

 

“I’ll pay.”

“Are you sure? I can pay for my cone…”

“It’s all right.  The guy should pay, not the girl.”

 

And he winked at me before pulling out his wallet and handing the cashier the payment.

 

“Kamsamhamnida.  It’ll be just a moment.”

“Deh!”

 

So we sat to the side, leaning against the rail, waiting for our ice cream.  When it finally arrived, Tae Min walked over to retrieve our cones before giving me mine. 

 

“Gomawayo.”

“Aniyo.”

 

I took the first into my cone and sighed in contentment.  It had been awhile since I’ve eaten ice cream, and it was simply delicious. 

 

“Is it good?”

 

I nodded and smiled, answering his question.

 

“Very. Not too sweet either.  I like it.”

“That’s good then.  Haengbokhae?

 

I looked at him surprised.  How did he know that I was unhappy?

 

“How did you know?”

“The frown on your face of course, when I pulled up.  It looked like something was bothering you.”

 

I sighed.  I must really be an open book, because now even Tae Min can tell what I’m thinking of.

 

“Don’t sigh and eat your ice cream, or else it will melt!”

“Arasso, arasso.”

 

And I began eating my ice cream in bites instead of .  Pretty soon, we were both done and after wiping off our hands and faces, we both got back on the bike and Tae Min pedaled me home.  He stopped in front of the driveway and I stepped off carefully, standing back.

 

“Thanks for the ride home.”

“No problem.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

 

I waved and turned around to walk inside, but Tae Min spoke up.

 

“Whatever that’s bothering you, I hope you’ll get it resolved.”

 

I turned around and looked at him, but Tae Min simply smiled at me.

 

“I don’t know what you’re thinking about, but don’t worry about it too much, neh?  The next time you’re worried about something, tell me, because I’ll take you out for ice cream again.”

“Really?”

 

Tae Min nodded.

 

“I find that when you eat something you like, your mood becomes better and you get happier.”

“Gomawayo.”

“It’s nothing.  That’s what a chingu is for, right?  Anyway, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

And with a wave of his hand, Tae Min pedaled away.  I smiled before walking up the driveway and into the house, slightly happier than I was before when I was at school.  I was glad for what Tae Min did today, and like he said, the ice cream did lift my mood a little bit.  It was good to have friends like Tae Min around to cheer me up.  After all, like he said, that was what friends were for.

 


 

That was chapter 26!

Hope you guys liked having a little time with uri Tae Min ^^

Anyway, I"ll be updating again on Friday, so look forward to that!

Subscribe and Comment!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

Vengeance: Lol, I guess so.  I never realized that...I just thought of names and used them..^^

rialoves: You'll be able to find out soon enough, I promise!

GummyBears_Yum: Here's an update! I hope it was soon enough (since I did it earlier than usual)

SHINeepoofs: So true.  Jealous guys are definitely insecure...who wants that?

ReiReiLove: Lol, wasn't it such a cliche kiss? I couldn't help but write it.  And yes, I understand what you mean...I should pair up Hyuk Ki with someone too..eh?

MonsterMonsteur: Mm, Jun Ki does seem like he likes Yun Hee right? And I'm sure Ji Eun would be happy if he ended up with her ^^

pinkittenluvskpop: Aww, thank you ^^ <3 I am considering your offer though....

OnewxChicken4ever: Welcome to my story! Always a pleasure to meet new readers, and I'm glad you like it! Hope you'll stay til lthe end <3

ForeverInLove: I laughed when reading your comment.  You seem to be such a bubbly person ^^ I'd like to meet you as well.

ohhzuii56: Yeah, I loved Joong Ki in the drama.  His character as Yong Ha was hilarious! Made me fall in love with the drama even more.

crazy4you: Hmm, what is wrong with Jin Ki? You'll find out soon enough, you have my word!

Lorena: If you were Yun Hee, you'd be annoyed..at Jin Ki being mad? Or at Jun Ki being too friendly?

OohShinyDistracted: Thanks for the suggestion ^^ Though I'm a bit apprehensive about requesting at shops like this...two of my attempts have ended in failure :/

starlove: Oh my, murder? o.o  Let's hope it doesn't come down to that xD

forgetfulxangel: Jun Ki does need to get that message, doesn't he :/ Wonder when he will....