~Questions and Confusion

Psychology Boyfriend

Third chapter is up! ^^

I really love writing this story

It's so interesting to see how it unfolds in my mind!

Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter :)

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“You are not fine, so you will be quiet and go to the nurse with me. That’s final.”

 

Gulping, I nodded, and willingly let him lead me to the nurse’s office. I had never seen Jin Ki this mad before. It was nice of him to be concerned for me, but what had brought this on? Dropping my head, I followed him meekly to the nurse’s office.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Sshii:  Suffix added to the end of someone's name that you don't know very well, or hold high respect for.

 


 

I sat there in the nurses office, trying to keep my screams from coming out of my mouth.  She was gently (though it didn’t feel like it to me) probing my arm, asking me questions about where it hurt, where it didn’t, and so on.  When she asked me what happened, I was silent for a minute, and then answered.

 

“Oh, nothing really.  I was just being clumsy, and dropped the edge of my  textbook on my arm.  That’s all.”

“Well, I hope you’ll be careful from now on.”

“I will, don’t worry.”

“Anyway, your arm is fine.  No muscles have been torn or damaged, but they are a bit inflamed due to the force and the bruising.  I expect this bruise will take quite a while to break down, so for now, I’m going to wrap your arm up, and give you some ice to deal with the swelling.  Keep the ice on for 15 minutes a time and then 10 minutes off to prevent frostbite.  When you’re at home, rub salt water on this to help with the bruising.  I want you to come every morning before class so I can check your arm, understood?”

“Yes.  Thank you.”

“Good, now let me wrap this arm.”

 

The nurse carefully wrapped my arm for me, and made a make-shift sling to keep my arm in place.  I sighed, walking out of the nurse’s office.  I looked like a death trap, and what’s more, everyone is going to talk even more about what happened today.  Turning around, I held out my arm toward Jin Ki.

 

“May I have my bag now?”

“No, I’ll carry it for you.”

“You don’t have to do that, so please, just give me my bag and save yourself the trouble.”

“It’s not a trouble at all.  I want to do this.”

 

I began to grow frustrated with his behavior, nearly wanting to scream.

 

“Why are you doing this?  You have no obligation to help me.  Just give me my bag.”

 

Jin Ki simply stared at me from the corner of his eye and then walked around me, toward the lunch court.  I looked at my watch, and saw there was only 20 minutes left of lunch.  Trying to glare holes in the back of his head, I followed him to the cafeteria.  I admit, I was slightly hungry, but with my arm, there was no way I was going to be able to hold a tray properly without dropping it.  I guess I could just eat at home or something.  Jin Ki was already at the counter when I arrived at the cafeteria, and I saw him asking the server something.  When he turned around, he had enough food to feed two people.  My eyes widened at the sight.  He must be really hungry today.

 

“Is that all for you?”

 

Jin Ki glanced at me, smirking.

 

“No.  Half of it is for you of course. Now, come on.  We only have so much time to eat.”

 

Surprised at his sincerity, I followed him to an empty table.  I could already feel the stares of the people in the room.  Sitting down with my back faced to everyone, I waited for Jin Ki to lay out my food in front of me before eating.  Luckily, we both finished eating before the bell rang, signaling 5 minutes before 5thperiod.  Gathering my trash in one hand (it wasn’t really that much) I stood up to throw it away, but Jin Ki beat me to it.  He took the wrappers from my hand and threw it away for me, leaving me standing there.

 

“Are you going to class, or are you going to stand there all day?”

 

Clearing my throat, I walked up to him.

 

“I will, after you give me my bag.”

 

Jin Ki frowned at me.

 

“Didn’t I say that I would carry it for you?”

 

Turning my head to the side, I took a deep breath, and then looked at him again.

 

“Jin Ki sshii.  I really appreciate what you’re doing for me, but you can stop now.  I’m not a damsel in distress, and it might not look like it, but I can stand up and take care of myself.  So, just please give me my bag, and we can both forget this ever happened.”

 

Without a word, Jin Ki turned around, and walked out of the cafeteria. 

 

“We’re going to be late to biology if you don’t hurry up.”

 

Shaking my head, I reluctantly followed him to class.  Once again, I felt the stares of the people in my class when I walked in with Jin Ki.  I sat down at my usual desk, but before my desk partner sat down, he was stopped by Jin Ki.  I heard a couple of words, but couldn’t comprehend them.  In the end, Jin Ki set my bag onto my side of the desk, and then sat down next to me, much to my surprise.

 

“Why are you sitting here?”

 

 

Again, Jin Ki said nothing, simply looking forward toward the front of the room, and it frustrated me to no end.  Why was he so cryptic, and why did he suddenly care so much, when he never did before.  It really made me confused, but I hope that after today, things would go back to the way it was before.  He would ignore me, and I would ignore him.  It was easier that way.

 

Since he refused to talk, I would stop talking all together.  Grumbling under my breath, I turned toward the front of the classroom, taking out my notebook and pencil before the teacher began his lecture.  Luckily, my left arm was injured, instead of my right arm; I could still write.

Class passed by and ended.  Jin Ki even had the audacity to walk me to the girl’s locker room before leaving to go to his class.  I walked in, and when the teacher saw my arm, she asked what had happened.  I gave the same story that I told to the nurse, and nodding sympathetically, she excused me from class today, and sent me to the library till school ended.  Swinging my bag onto my shoulder, I thanked her and walked off toward the library.

The walk allowed me time to think.  I didn’t want to do this project any more than Jin Ki did.  So, why did we have to do it?  Why don’t we just…fake the relationship journal?  We could just write about anything, and fabricate what was never done.  We wouldn’t have to actually pretend we were in a relationship.  We just had to make things up to write in the journal.  Maybe we could meet once a week or something, just to make sure we wrote about similar things, and then turn it in.  Ms. Yang would never know.  Yes, that was what I wanted to do.  This way, I could keep Hee Mi off my back, and not have to bother Jin Ki, or myself.  Finally feeling slightly happier and stress-free for the first time today, I walked through the doors of the library and handed the librarian my pass.

  Picking a random table that was hidden slightly behind a couple of shelves, I settled down to take a nap.  I was not in the mood to do any homework right now, and something told me I would regret the nap later, but as of now, I didn’t really care.  I just wanted to escape this for a little while, before having to return to reality.

 

Laying down on my good arm, I stared at my injured arm before closing my eyes.  I was about to drift off, but a voice caught my attention before I could.

 

“Fancy seeing you here.”

 

I lifted my head up quickly, spotting Jin Ki standing at the foot of my table.  Raising my eyebrows, I gave him a questioning look.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Jin Ki pulled out a chair across from me and sat down.

 

“My English class is in the computer lab today to finish their project.  I’ve already finished mine, so Mr. Kim let me browse around in the library until school gets out.  And what are you doing here?”

“Excused from physical education, because of this thing,”  I said, gesturing toward my wrapped up arm.

 “Speaking of which: you didn’t really drop a textbook on your arm, did you?  Something else happened.”

“And so what if something else happened.  It doesn’t really concern you.  Why do you care?”

“It’s…nevermind,” Jin Ki looked away before focusing back on me.  “I just want to know why you lied.”

“I don’t want anymore trouble than needed.”

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing.  What matters is that it’s not important, so drop it, please.”

 

Jin Ki stared at me after I said that.  His eyes seemed to bore into my face, so I looked away.  Then, thinking of the project, I brought it up.

 

“Listen, about the project.  You don’t have to do it.  We could just fake the journal and everything.  Just write what you want, make anything up for all I care.  We’ll just have to meet once in awhile to make sure we’re writing about similar things.  This way we don’t have to worry about bothering each other.”

 

I looked back at him, just to see that his stare had gotten more intense.  I searched his face for a sign of what he was thinking of, but I came out with nothing.  His response surprised me even more.

 

“What if I want to do the project for real?  Did you ever think of that?”

“Well, no but—”

“Then you have nothing to worry about.  We’ll finish the project the right way.”

 

Jin Ki stood up from his chair and slid it back in.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

 

And with that, he walked off, leaving my head swarming with even more questions than ever.

 


 

Yay!  End of third chapter ^^

I might have the 4th one up by Tomorrow, so please wait patiently <333

Remember, Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

damnthatdubu: Thanks so much for the comment!  I hope you like this update :)

ForeverInLove:  You're welcome.  I couldn't help updating, so here's another chapter for you! ^^