~Captured

Psychology Boyfriend

Well, I would have updated later after I got 10 votes, but I realized that could take forever, and since I had the urge, I'm going to update now.

I know I left you all with a huge cliff hanger last time, so hopefully this will help?

Enjoy!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

I smiled as I made my way along the sidewalk.  It was perfect, until the van that drove up.

I saw it park on the street and something about it made me nervous, so I sped up my walking.  However, before I could do anything, two guys jumped out of the van and chased me.  I began to run as fast as I could, but as luck would have it, I tripped over a crack in the concrete and fell.  They grabbed me and stuck a napkin onto my face.  I knew it was chloroform instantly from the sickly sweet smell and tried to stop breathing; however, it was too late.  I had already inhaled too much of the drug and I could already feel my mind going hazy.

I tried as hard as I could to fight off the offenders but it was pointless. I was getting scared and I couldn’t breathe anymore.  As I felt my eyelids slip and my mind fall to the darkness, the only thing I could think of was how foolish I was to send away Jae Joong and Yoo Chun and risk my safety, something that Jin Ki tried so hard to protect.

 


 

 

Contrary to popular belief, Jae Joong and Yoo Chun weren’t being stupid when they “left” Yun Hee’s house to go for a rest.  These situations were not uncommon, and Yun Hee was definitely up to something.  So instead of arguing, they let her think that she had succeeded in sending them away, but really only drove the car past viewing range from her window, and then waited a little bit before driving to their original spot where they could observe the house.

 

True to their beliefs, Yun Hee stepped out moments later with a smaller purse, evidently to go somewhere without their knowledge.  She didn’t walk very far until a white van screeched into the sidewalk and two guys popped out to chase her. Even with the speed that Jae Joong and Yoo Chun possessed, they weren’t able to catch up before Yun Hee was whisked into the van (albeit not so nicely) and taken away.  One look was all it took, and the two men suited in black sped back to the car in pursuit of the white van, but not before picking up her discarded bag.

 

“Get Jin Ki on the line.  This is an emergency,” Jae Joong said as he belted himself in and set the car into motion.

 

“Right,” Yoo Chun said and pressed a couple things into the car screen before waiting for Jin Ki to pick up the call.  A few moments after, Jin Ki answered, a happy tone heard in is voice.

 

“Hey guys, are you calling to check in today? A little late, don’t you think?”

“Sir, this is an emergency.  Yun Hee has been kidnapped, and we are currently following the vehicle that has captured her,” Yoo Chun said bluntly.

 

He couldn't exactly say anything else at this point. It was just better to cut to the chase...which was something they were doing at that very moment, pun not intended.

 

“What?! How did you even let that happen to her?! Your records have been the best so far, and now you let—”

“Sir, we have a reasonable explanation, however this isn’t the time.  Where are you now?”

 

They heard Jin Ki take a deep breath before answering.

 

“I was preparing to head over to Yun Hee’s for dinner, why?”

“We’ll send you our location right now.  Perhaps you can catch up.  I know you wouldn’t want to sit tight and wait this out.”

 

Jae Joong, in the meantime, was driving madly.  This is not to say he was mad of course, but he trailing a mad driver, and so he had to think like one in order to catch one.  Yes, he might have swerved around too many cars, almost ran over innocent pedestrians, and ran a couple of red lights, but a life was in danger, and he had every single reason to drive like this.  How Yoo Chun was managing the call with such a level voice, even while being jerked around in his seat and slamming along the side of car, was a secret to him. With a strained voice, Jae Joong spoke briefly to Jin Ki.

 

“I think some back up would be preferable, sir.”

“Of course.  I’ll be heading out now.  Please don’t lose sight of the car.”

“Wouldn’t dream of doing so sir,” Jae Joong replied stiffly, swearing as the van turned another corner.  He lost sight of the car for a brief moment, even after telling his boss’ son that he wouldn’t.

 

 He glanced at this speedometer and saw that they were already at 55 mph, nearing 60 in street ways.  This couldn’t be good, but luckily, they were entering the freeway now.  At least it would a little less dangerous going at 60+ mph, but that didn’t help much.

 

Yoo Chun had ended the call and was trying to reach their other group mates separately on his phone.  He spoke quickly yet quietly and related what had happened until now.  He slammed to the side of the door again, yet still spoke in a steady voice.  Jae Joong really had to ask for his secret.

 

“I’ve called Chang Min and Jun Su.  Jin Ki will take care of the others.”

“All right.  All we need to do now is to catch up to that van, but how? I’ve been trying to change lanes for 5 minutes now but I can’t!”

 

He tried to change lanes but the cars prevented him from doing so again.

 

“How about staying one car behind? They’ll think that we’re gone, but we can sneak up on them later,” Yoo Chun suggested.

 

Jae Joong had to admit that he had a good idea.  It was worth a try.

 

“Might as well.  We haven’t really gained any ground on this.”

 

Yoo Chun thought for a minute and then leaned over to press a couple of buttons on the car screen, muttering.

 

“I can’t believe we didn’t do this sooner.  We didn’t have to go on a wild goose chase…Yun Hee’s cell phone has a tracking chip, remember?”

“But she dropped her bag before.  We picked it up remember?”

“Let’s hope she has her phone on her then….”

 

After a couple of buttons, another screen popped up with a flashing red light.  With a short sigh of relief, the two guards relaxed, but not too much.  There was still much ahead.

 

“Thank goodness.”

“I know right?”

“They’re exiting the freeway now,” Yoo Chun said.

 

Jae Joong looked over his shoulder before changing lanes quickly, following the white van a little ways ahead in front of a couple of cars that were in front of theirs.

 

“Okay, let’s see where they’re heading to.”

 

Yoo Chun nodded before speaking.

 

“Let’s just hope we’re not too late.”

 

*****

 

I woke up with a bitter taste in the back of my mouth and a sore body, not to mention my head was still really muddy and heavy.  I had yet to open my eyes, but I waited for myself to be a little more clearheaded before cracking them open.

 

I was tied to a chair; I knew that much.  I felt the ropes binding my arms much like the first time, and my feet were tied to the legs of the chair.  So before I struggle and lose my energy, let’s just take a look around this place, shall we?

 

Lifting my head up, I opened my eyes fully and waited for them to adjust to the dim light.  Well, it looked like some sort of warehouse, abandoned obviously.  Well, didn’t I just feel like Jan Di right now. For all I know, I could be destined to jump in front of a club in order to protect Jin Ki.  Yeah right.

 

Checking myself over, I was glad that I wasn’t hurt too badly.  My hands were scraped naturally due to the fall I had earlier, and my jeans were scuffed around my knees.  I also noticed that I had my phone in my pocket.  Looking up, I noticed that no one was in the room with me; however, just when I thought that, I heard the door slam open. Strangely enough, I heard the clicking of high heels on the stone floor, indicating that it was a female’s scorn that landed me in this mess. 

 

It was Hee Mi who entered the room, and honestly, that wasn’t surprising.  I glared at her as I clenched my jaw, keeping from letting out a stream of unintelligent words that would surely ensue.

 

“Well, well, how have the tables turned, right Yun Hee?” Hee Mi said will grinning maliciously.

 

I didn’t say anything.  Nothing like some silence to make someone go crazy, right?”

 

“You thought you had the upper hand his afternoon, but boy were you wrong. You had this coming for you, and you knew it.  Oh, wait, let me say that again.  You were probably too dumb to even see this, am I right?”

 

Sorry to say Hee Mi, but I saw this coming from thousands of miles away.  You’re not exactly discreet, no matter how hard you try. I kept silent again and could see that it was beginning to tick her off.

 

“Not talking yet? Well, that’s fine.  Your voice is annoying anyway.”

 

She strutted around my chair for some good measure before turning to me again, crossing her arms, pacing back and forth in front of me.

 

“I’m sure you’re wondering why you’re here.  Well, I think it’s pretty obvious, don’t you?”

 

Oh yeah, definitely, and I’m not being sarcastic either.

 

“Jin Ki is mine, and always be.  Even if you decide to come in and mess with his feelings, I’ll still be there for him, and it’s me he’s going to end up with…”

 

Whatever you say m’am.  Wow, I really sarcastic right now.  I guess that happens when you’re tied to a chair facing your ultimate nemesis.

 

“…and I can guarantee that once he sees you like this, he’ll drop you in a second, if not faster…”

 

Blah blah blah.  I tuned her out and tried to get out of my ropes.  I doubt that the captors would be dumb enough to have the ropes loose, but hey, it was worth trying.  I began to be too focused on the ropes that I didn’t notice Hee Mi come up to me and raise her arm.  Before I could even try to move, she had slapped me across the cheek.  The sound echoed throughout the warehouse as I felt the sting.  She just had to go there, didn’t she?

 

“That’s what you get for not paying attention, Yun Hee,” she tried to say menacingly.  Of course, that didn’t really work.  If she thought I would afraid of her, she should dream on.

 

“You know what? I think I should leave you to your thoughts for now.  I’ll come back later.”

 

With a sniff, she turned around and walked out.  I saw her shadow disappear but then two other shadows appeared.  Now I felt a little fear.  I was sure that these were the people who had drugged me and then took me captive. This was all under the orders of Hee Mi of course, but if they were anything that I thought they would be, I could expect the worst.

 

If I wasn’t surprised earlier, I could certainly say that I was right now.  Two of my classmates walked in, wearing black, and looking tough at first glance, but when I saw their faces, I could see the guilt.  I wonder how this came out.  Clearing my throat, I spoke up.

 

“I sure didn’t expect this.”

 

The guy named Sung Ho stepped forward first.

 

“I’m sorry.  We both are, but we didn’t want this to happen.”

 

Jae Su also stepped into the light and spoke.

 

“We were threatened by Hee Mi. That’s why we’re doing this.”

 

Smiling grimly, I looked at the both of them.

 

“I’m not surprised, really.  I even knew she was the one behind this, before it happened.”

“For how long?” Sung Ho asked, surprised.

“Ever since I was kidnapped the first time.”

 

He and Jae Su exchanged looks before looking at me queerly.

 

“You’ve been kidnapped once already?”

“Yeah.  I know no one else knows about it, but really, did you think I would advertise that to the world?”

“No, but what happened?”

“I’m sure Hee Mi and some of her friends were the ones who did it, but I was locked in the school shed last year.”

 

Sung Ho and Jae Su looked at each other bewilderedly before looking back at me.  I was confused to why they were acting this way, so I waited for them to say something.  However, I couldn’t wait, so I asked.

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you two looking at me that way?”

“You said you were locked in the shed?”

“Yes?”

“Did you happen to be the one who was assigned to a project with Jin Ki?”

“Yes, I was.”

“So that’s why she’s doing this,” Sung Ho said. “I mean, I always knew she was a little crazy, but this is over the top.  Kidnapping someone twice won’t get you a guy.”

 

I refrained from commenting that it wasn’t actually her who physically kidnapped me, but them instead.

 

Jae Su nodded.

 

“You know, I was wondering why those girls were out there, but now I think I know why they are.”

 

Girls?

 

“What do you mean girls?” I asked suspiciously.

“Yeah, Hee Mi isn’t the only one here.  She has some of her friends I guess, and they were talking about some shed and how someone broke out of it.  They were wondering if you were going to do the same.”

 

Some shed huh? Well, I guess all the criminals are at the scene of the crime.  How convenient. 

 

Sung Ho put his hand under his chin and pondered.

 

“I wonder who was able to break out of the shed.”

 

I looked at them pointedly, but they didn’t seem to notice.  All right, these people weren’t as bright as I thought they would be. I guess I have to tell them what to do now.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jae Su looked over at me, since Sung Ho was still lost in his pondering.

 

“Can you untie me?”

 

His eyes bugged out, looking at me in bewilderment.

 

“You want me to do that?!” He yelled a little too loud and covered his mouth, grimacing.  In a lower tone, he spoke again.

“I can’t do that, we’ll be caught!”

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

“You know, I’m beginning to wonder if you’re even on my side.”

 

Sung Ho had finished pondering and was now gesturing wildly, shaking his hands to indicate otherwise.

 

“No, no, no.  We are most definitely on your side, but we’re just kind of scared what will happen to all of us, especially you, if they find out what we’ve done.”

 

Holding in a sigh, I shook my head.

 

“Just untie my and make the ropes look like they’re still tied.  This way, if anything does happen, I can at least defend myself from another slap.  Please?”

 

I looked at them with puppy eyes.  This always worked for Jin Ki, but I’ve never tried it on anyone else before. 

 

Luckily, the two easily gave in and both came over to untie me from my bonds, with Sung Ho working on my hands and Jae Su on my feet.  Once they were done, I could feel the blood coming to my hands again and my feet. I slipped them out to stretch and checked my phone for the time.  Well, it was a bit late now and I was sure that my parents were going to be worried.  Pressing the call button, I hurriedly tried to contact someone, but there was no connection.  Figures. I suppose all we had left to do was to wait for the perfect time to escape.

 

“Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it.”

“No problem!” they both chorused.

“So…are you supposed to guard me or something?”

“Yeah, well that’s what we think,” Sung Ho said.  “Hee Mi just told us to watch you while she went to blow off some steam.  I haven’t seen her this mad in a while.  What did you do?”

 

I grinned before answering.

 

“I’ve found silence is the best solution to this problem. Hee Mi thinks that I’m supposed to be freaking out and begging her to let me go on the condition that I’ll give up Jin Ki or something.”

 

Jae Su looked at me questioningly.

 

“Really?”

“Well, she didn’t say anything yet, but I can tell where this is going.”

“I can sort of se—”

 

Jae Su was interrupted when we heard the clicking of heels, this time with more people than the last.  Enter Hee Mi and her goons.  The three of us shared a look before the two fixed their faces to look stoic and stood a distance away from me. I hurriedly slipped into my ropes again before they arrived. Right on cue, Hee Mi came in along with her friends and glared at me with her arms crossed.

 

“Did you have enough time to think Yun Hee?”

 

Why, yes I did Hee Mi.  So nice of you to ask!  Saying nothing still, I simply shrugged my shoulders.

 

“Well, I’m here to bargain with you, and I have to say, it’s the best one you’re going to get.  In fact, it’s the only one, so listen well.”

 

I looked at her and waited to hear what she had to say, though I wasn’t expecting much.

 

“We’ll let you go on the condition that you break up with Jin Ki.  You can’t tell him that you were here, or else you’ll be in an even worse condition than this. Although I have to say, this was an upgrade from the shed last time, am I right?”

 

Ah ha, the criminal confesses. 

 

“Also, after you break up with him, you are never to talk to him again.  And who should come in and heal his broken heart? Me, of course!”

 

One of the girls began to protest but Hee Mi quickly shut her down with a glare.  Turning back to me, she lifted her head up, as if it gave her an extra edge over me.  Pssh, try harder girl.

 

“So, what will your choice be Yun Hee? Is it a yes, or is it a no? I suggest the first option, since the latter won’t really be in your favor.”

 

I looked away, my face still a mask in front of her.  Should I cry a little to add to the effect? Who am I kidding, I can’t pretend to cry unless I have to.  I wasn’t a girl who cried at things like this.  Looking back at her, I opened my mouth to give her my answer but was suddenly interrupted by a large crash outside the warehouse. 

 


 

End! of this chapter.

I know it's shorter than usual, but I think I've prolonged this enough, haven't I xD

I'm going to be busy because of school, but if I have time, I'll write and update.

Again, please Vote, Comment, and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

P.S. I love the new reply feature.  I can just reply to your comments right away instead of making you wait for the next chapter to hear my reply in the past. I hope you've been enjoying my conversation attempt ^^