~Upset for no Reason

Psychology Boyfriend

Yup, it's about time I've updated ^^

I think you all will like this chapter  :]

And it's probably the longest update so far...8-9 pages on Word :o

You notice how I keep hinting something? xD Read on to find out!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                   10/12/11

             Is that how you’re supposed to start this thing? I’ve never written to a journal before, so this is going to be a bit awkward. Please bear with me. Anyway, I guess I should get started on this psychology project thing. I wonder how much I’ll have to write…

             So, I suggested to Yun Hee that we should start the project, and she amazingly agreed. I was wondering why she kept avoiding me, but it seems like someone was giving her problems, just because we were assigned partners. Kind of lame really, but she won’t let me tell who it is. She says that karma will come back at that person. I suppose that’s true, and if it makes Yun Hee happy, then I’ll oblige with her request. I convinced her that I would help her out with her problems if we did this project, so she went along with it. As of today, we are ‘dating’. It’s a bit surreal.

             I’ve never really noticed her before. I knew she was in some of my classes, but until we were assigned to be partners, she was just there, nothing of real importance to pay attention to. Now when I see her, I think she’s kind of cute in a way. She’s not overly girly, but there are some parts of her that need to be protected, just like a normal girl. I guess this project won’t be too bad if I’m doing it with her. Thank goodness I wasn’t assigned with someone else. Not mentioning names of course.

             So far, the project is going well, but I’m beginning to question myself. When was the last time I’ve been so…caring and concerned about someone outside my family? Why do I care so much about her, and what prompted me to help her for the first time in the hallway when she was on the floor, injured? Was it pity or sympathy? Was it out of concern, or politeness? I honestly don’t know, but I need to find these answers to my questions.

             That was my first entry. I hope that was okay for the first try. Until later then.

 

Lee Jin Ki

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Nyeoja chingu: Girlfriend

Hyung: Name for a male to address an older brother or guy friend

Gwen cha na: It's all right, or it's okay.  Can mean 'Are you okay?" when used in a question

Kyeopta: Cute

Arasso: Okay or all right

Chincha: Really

Oppa: Name that a girl uses to address her old brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Annyeohasaeyo (formal): Hello or Good bye

Annyoung (informal): Hello or Good bye

Chongmal: Really

 Sshii: Suffix added to the name of someone whom you don't know well or hold high respects for

Cho neun: My name is...

Imnida: Suffix added to the end of your name when introducing yourself 

 


 

Why was I so upset when she told me that she would be eating lunch with her friends today?  It’s not like I care or anything.  I mean, I don’t like her enough to care.  She was the schools most invisible person, while I was the most popular.  Why did I care that she wasn’t eating with me?  It’s only because she chose her friends over me.  She ditched me, Lee Jin Ki, for her friends.

Oh who am I kidding?  I’m just absolutely, irrevocably, undeniably, jealous.  I, Lee Jin Ki, have fallen down this far, so what was the point of trying to pretend it never happened?  I’m interested in her.  I wasn’t lying when I told her that before, no matter now much she thinks I don’t.  Please, she thinks that all I care about is the project.  She only agreed with me because she cares about the project too.  She can’t fall in love with me.  I mean, she even went out of her way to avoid me when she was assigned as my partner.  If it were any other girl, they would stick to me like superglue.  I guess I was lucky to have someone like her as my partner, but it’s torture at the same time.  

 

Why do I feel this way?  I’ve never felt this way for anyone before, and I would know.  I have the whole girl population drooling after me (and I’m not just being arrogant or joking either).  Is it just because she’s different that appeals to me?  I don’t have to worry about what I do when I’m with her?  Who am I kidding.  I’m a wreck around her.  I lose all my calm composure when I’m with her, to the point where I come off as a player sometimes too.  I mean, come on.  I even said, “You have me now, so don’t worry.  I’ll protect you.” Seriously?  I can’t believe I even said that.  Every time I think about it, it sends chills down my spine. But hey, I guess love does strange things to you.

 

Whoa, did I just say love?  There is no way, that I’m in love with Yun Hee….no way.  I like her, sure, but definitely not love…yet. 

 

Yet?!  Did I just really think that?  Yet?!  Wow, I sure am getting ahead of myself.  What have I turned into?  A goop of marshmallow mush?  Ugh, let’s not think about that right now.  I grabbed a tray and walked over to where my friends sat, sitting down beside them.

 

“Oh ho, the man with the nyeoja chingu has finally arrived,” Jong Hyun said jokingly.

 

I glared at Jong Hyun before retorting.

 

“It’s only the afternoon and you’re already this noisy?”

 

I sighed and dug into my rice.  Even today’s lunch tastes like crap.  Today just must be a bad day for me.

 

“Jin Ki hyung, don’t mind Jong Hyun hyung.  You know he’s always like that,” Tae Min reassured.

“Yeah.  Sorry hyung,” Jong Hyun apologized.

“Gwen cha na.  I’m just having a bad day today.”

“Hmm, I don’t know Jin Ki hyung.  It seems like you have some girl problems,” Ki Bum commented.

 

I cursed inwardly to myself.  Of course the diva of the group would catch that.  I tried to play it off.

 

“No, that’s not the problem, I assure you Ki Bum.”

“Are you sure you’re not denying yourself hyung?”

 

I looked at Min Ho, surprised.  I guess I shouldn’t be.  He’s the most perspective and observant of the group.

 

Shaking my head, I continued to eat.

 

“No, I’m sure I’m not denying myself.  It’s just one of those days.”

“We’re here to talk if you need us,” Min Ho added.

“I know, thanks Min Ho.”

 

I finished my lunch and threw my trash away.  Bidding the guys goodbye, I walked into class early, not wanting to talk to anyone right now.   I greeted the teacher as I walked in and took a seat.  I was lost in my own thoughts when the rest of the class filed in after the bell had rung.  Yun He walked in and smiled when she saw me…at least that was that I thought she did.  I wasn’t really looking to be sure, since I was glaring at the wall.  I felt her take a seat and turn toward me.

 

“Did you enjoy your lunch?”

 

Wouldn’t you like to know?  For your information, I didn’t actually.  Are you happy now?  I didn’t look at her, but kept staring at the wall instead.  I wasn’t in the mood to talk about it.

She cleared and tried again.

 

“Jin Ki?  Are you okay?”

 

I glanced at her from the corner of my eye, but looked away.  Again, I said nothing, simply looking forward toward the front of the classroom.  If you really want to know, then I’m not okay.  I’m the opposite of okay.  Sheesh, who knew someone could get so upset over lunch.  I need to take a nap when I get home.

 

She grew silent after I refused to answer her.  During class, every time I snuck a glance at her, she was focusing straightforward at the teacher, her face serious and scrunched up.  I wanted to smooth out he creases in her face for some reason, but I didn’t of course.  Once class ended, she stuffed her books into her bag and rushed out of class.  Sighing, I put my books away as well, and walked out to Calculus.

 

I felt bad for making her sad, but I just couldn’t help it.  What’s done is already done, and I can’t do anything about it.  I would just have to move on and make it up tomorrow for what I did today.

 

The next morning, I stood waiting by the gate, this time, on the side that she was being dropped off, so I wouldn’t miss her.  The bus arrived at the stop and the doors opened.  I waited for her to step off the bus, but all I saw were other students and people stepping off.  Finally, when I thought she wasn’t here, I saw her step off the bus.  I saw her look around until she spotted me.  I smiled and pushed off the wall I was standing on and greeted her.

 

“Good morning, Yun Hee!”

 

“Uh, good morning.”

 

She looked surprised that I was talking to her.  I knew she wasn’t dumb, and she clearly saw that there was something wrong with my mood yesterday.  But it’s all right.  I’ll just play it off.

 

“Is something wrong, Yun Hee?”

 

She looked confused for a second before replying.

 

“No, it’s just…weren’t you angry with me yesterday?  Didn’t I do something to make you mad?”

 

I grinned wider as she said that.  It looks like she was a bit worried about me.  It was cute to say the least.

 

“So that’s what you were worried about.  My Yun Hee is so kyeopta!  Don’t worry about that.  I’m not mad at you, arasso?”

 

She raised an eyebrow, looking at me apprehensively, but that just made me laugh.  I reached out and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her to me slightly, bending down to whisper in her ear.

 

“I told to not worry, so let’s get that frown off your face and put a smile on, hmm?”

 

Aish…when did I get so…seductive?

 

I smirked when I saw her roll her eyes, but relaxed inside when I saw her smile.  She nodded and we both headed into school with my arm still wrapped around her.  Now that I think about it, we got close pretty quickly.  Even something intimate like holding her waist was comfortable to me, and this was the first time I was doing it, ever.  Saying goodbye, I dropped her in front of her Calculus class before heading to my music class.

 

Psychology class rolled around again, and today I came in early.  I don’t know what prompted me to walk so fast, but I just wanted to see Yun Hee walk into class today.  Spotting her, I noticed how her eyes searched the room until they landed on me, and then she smiled softly.  I stood up when she came to our desk so she could walk through to her side, and I even pulled out her chair.  I was only being a gentleman, just like how my parents taught me.

 

“You seem to be really happy today.  Is there something I should know about?”

 

I grinned, looking at her and shaking my head.

 

“There’s nothing you need to know about, so,”

 

I put my hand on her head, gently turning it towards the front of the class,

 

“Don’t worry about it and pay attention to class.”

 

She shook my hand off and rolled her eyes.

 

“Chincha...I don’t understand you sometimes.”

 

I simply smiled and said nothing in return.  Before she could say anything else, Ms. Yang walked in, and our class began.

 

 

The bell rang for lunch, and Yun Hee packed her books away before standing up.  I reached out and grabbed her hand before she had the chance to walk off.  She told me this morning that she wanted to eat with her friends today, but I didn’t feel like letting her go yet.

 

“Can you not eat with your friends today?  Can’t you eat with me instead?”

 

Well, don’t I just sound pitiful right there?  She smiled and sat down, looking at me amusedly.

 

“Wow.  I can’t believe it.  The great Jin Ki is asking me to eat lunch with him.  What should I do?”

 

“Exactly, that’s why you should say yes.  I don’t offer to anyone you know,”  I said, I bit arrogantly, but in truth, it was true.  I’ve never offered to eat lunch with a girl before.

 

“Hmm…I have to say I’m honored, but I have a better idea.”

 

I looked at her curiously, wondering what idea she would propose.

 

“And what, may I ask, is that?”

“I’ll eat lunch with you—”

 

But that’s the same thing…

 

“That’s not a better idea.  It’s the same thing.”

“You didn’t let me finish.  I said, I’ll eat lunch with you, but only if you let my friends join as well.  What do you say, hmm?”

 

I looked at her and sighed.  Of course she would come up with something like this.  We would both have to compromise to make it work.  But the question was, do I really want to risk eating lunch with her friends and embarrassing myself in front of them?  Was it worth it just to eat lunch with her?

 

“Please oppa?”

 

She started to pout, and that was where I cracked down; I couldn’t help it.  She was just too cute, and her face was adorable.  How could I say no to a face like that?  I decided that eating with her friends was worth being able to eat with her.  Laughing, I nodded and poked her nose playfully, grinning at her scrunched up face when I did that.

 

“Arasso.  Oppa will eat lunch with you and your friends today.  So stop pouting please.”

 

She broke into a grin, and stood up, pulling my arm to stand up with her.

 

“Well then, let’s go!  The lines are going to get long soon.”

 

 

We both stopped at her locker so she could put away her unneeded books.  Then, arriving at the cafeteria, we took our places in line and obtained our lunch.  She led me to a corner where her friends sat, and when they looked up, the seemed surprised to see me.  I think there was a girl who had her spoon in the air, mid way in spooning the soup into .  Yun Hee cleared and began to introduce us.

 

“Hey guys!  I’d like to introduce you all to Jin Ki.”

 

Yun Hee sat down, and I followed suit.  Indicating each person with her hand, she introduced them to me.

 

“Jin Ki, this is Ji Eun, Ha Ni, and Hye Mi.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Jin Ki imnida.  Nice to meet you all.”

 

Then, indicating me, she introduced me to her friends.

 

“Ji Eun, Ha Ni, and Hye Mi, this is Jin Ki.”

 

The three nodded their heads, and smiled, introducing themselves.

 

“Annyoung!  Cho neun Ji Eun imnida.  Glad to finally meet you.”

“Annyeohasaeyo.  Cho neun Ha Ni iminda.”

“Annyeohasaeyo!  Cho neun Hye Mi imnida.  It’s great to meet you.”

 

I smiled and nodded before digging into my lunch.  I admit, it was very awkward.  I had no idea what to talk about, and it was kind of scary, so I decided to just listen to their conversation.

 

“So, how was your day so far?” Yun Hee asked her friends.

“Ugh, don’t remind me,” Hye Mi said. “Calculus is killing me.  If I don’t pass this semester, I’m going to die.”

“You could always get tutoring, you know,” Ha Ni pointed out.

“Yeah, but I don’t want that.  It’s so awkward for me!”

 

I heard the word Calculus, and the subject interested me.  So Hye Mi needed some help with her homework?  I considered myself to be pretty good at Calculus.  I mean, I am at the top of the class (not to brag or anything).  Maybe I could help it; a way to break the ice.

 

“What do you not get?  I’m pretty good in Calculus, so I might be able to help you.”

 

For some reason, Hye Mi looked like she had been saved from a deserted island or something.  She smiled and grabbed her book, scooting closer to me.

 

“Could you really?  I’d really appreciate it.  Let’s see, it’s this page here….”

 

I pulled the book closer to me and began reading the question. 

 

“Okay, so this is asking to find the area of an ellipse, so what’s the formula to find that?”

“Um, pie times a times b?”

“Right, so they give you the equation of the ellipse, so all you have to figure out is what a and b are and then plug them into the equation for the area.  Do you get it so far?”

“Yeah, I do.  So since the square root of 9 is 3, and 9 is under x squared, that means 3 is the a value, right? And it’s the same for b?”

“Right.”

“Oh, I get it now….”

She started working on the rest of the problem.  While she did that, I glanced up at the girls to see what they were talking about.  I heard the laughing, so I looked at Yun Hee, raising my eyebrow, wondering what they were laughing about.  I faintly heard something about eye candy, but I couldn’t really be sure about that.  Yun Hee just smiled and indicated me to go back to helping Hye Mi.  I smiled before going back to Calculus.

 

“Okay, I think I got the answer.  Could you check it for me?”

“Sure.”

 

I scanned over her work, and made sure she did all the math correctly.  Looking at her final answer, I found it to be the one that I had ended up with.

 

“I think you got it right.  That’s what I ended up too.”

“Chongmal?  I can’t believe I got it!”

 

I smiled and nodded.

 

“Yeah, you got it.  I guess you just needed a little more explaining to understand it.”

“Cool.  So would I do the same thing for this problem?”

 

I looked at the problem.  This time, there was a picture of the ellipse with the major axis and minor axis labeled.

 

“Kind of.  Do you know what the major and minor axis is?”

“It’s twice of a and b, right?”

“Right, so you just plug them both into the equation and find the area.”

“Oh, okay.”

 

The bell rang, telling us lunch was over.  All of us threw away our trash before going back to the table to pick up our bags.

 

“Thanks so much!  I finally get Calculus now.  You’ve been a great help Jin Ki sshii.”

“No problem.  Glad to be of help.”

 

I walked over to stand by Yun Hee, who smiled at me.

 

“Well, we’ll see you tomorrow Yun Hee.  Bye Jin Ki sshii,” Ha Ni said to us.

 

The three waved bye and walked away.  Yun Hee and I turned around to walk to biology.  Our hands natural clasped together as we walked.

 

“Hye Mi looked happy.”

“I just did what I could to help.  It was nothing.”

“I’m sure she’ll idolize you know…well, at least more than she used to.”

 

I chuckled at her remark.

 

“Really now?”

“Of course.  You are the most popular guy in the school.”

 

I looked at her, smirking at me.  I shook my head, looking forward again as we walked.

 

“No need to remind me.  I hear it enough each day, and feel it too.”

“Must be burdening.”

“It was, but now I have you.  I’m not alone anymore.”

 

I smiled as I squeezed her hand, and she returned the pressure.  I didn’t care how cheesy I was anymore.  All I cared about was being happy.

 

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                               10/14/11

            The first week of our ‘relationship’ has passed.  And how do I feel about this?  Well, I’m feeling good about it.  It’s not as bad as I thought it would be, and I actually have something to write about.  I wonder if the other couples are getting along like Yun Hee and I are.  I guess it would be awkward at first, but then people would get used to it.

            Actually, when I think about it, it was never really that awkward between Yun Hee and I, even on our first day.  Everything felt so surreal and natural, like we’ve been dating for awhile; It feels like this isn’t our first time talking to each other and interacting with each other.  Is this what people call fate?  Love at first sight?  Wait, let me rephrase that: Like at first sight.  Is that a weird thing to say? Is it strange that it happened?  Honestly, I don’t know, and I don’t think I ever will know.

            There is one thing I’m wondering though.  How will we fare for the rest of this ‘relationship’?  Will anything more happen during this period?  Anything memorable or meaningful?  I guess it’s a time to experiment and experience, but I’m anxious to know what will happen next.  What I’m even more curious about is what will happen after this ends.  Will we just go back to being strangers, not even glancing at each other in class?  Or will we have something more?  I’m actually hoping for the latter, but anything could happen at this point.  Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing ahead.

            Well, that’s all I have for today.  I’ll write soon. (This is so weird, talking to a diary).

 

                                                                                                                Lee Jin Ki

 


 

I hope you all liked reading into the mind of Lee Jin Ki ^^

I'll definitely do this more.  I've found that writing in a character's point of view other the main character helps with my writing and how to develop the feelings and personalities of my characters.  It's also fun and and helps me write the story in a more interesting way.

How will this character act? Will he/she feel? What will happen next? What will their reactions be?

Those kinds of questions pop into my head, and it's interesting to see how it all plays out in words.

Well, I'll see you all in the next update!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

theclumsywitch: I'm glad you liked reading Jin Ki's journal entry...and I'm sure you'll like this update as well!

Sparklicious22: I'm glad you like my story! ^^ Makes me feel happy inside...:]

bananaO13: Yeah...what was Jin Ki bothered about? You'll just have to find out!

leeminhyun13: Here's another update! Enjoy~

pinkittenluvsxkpop: If you like Jin Ki's journal entry, you'll like this chapter update :) Have fun reading it!

zoeystar: Jin Ki's thoughts are interesting, aren't they? ^^ Your welcome for the update, so here's another one.

ForeverInLove: I think everyone has haunting questions xD Hope you like this update!

Vengeance: So happy you found and love this story! <3 I hope I'll be able to keep you interested with the rest of the story!

hoshichii: Why, thank you for the compliment :D I always like to know that I'm improving.Hehe, that's the end of this chapter.