~Harm and Foul

Psychology Boyfriend

Okay, I couldn't help it.

I've been really excited to write this story,

So I'll just post up another chapter in the same day! ^^

Thanks to all who commented on the first chapter, and the people who have subscribed.

Anyway, that's it for now.  Read on!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

That someone was Jin Ki, and I looked at him curiously. What was he doing at my desk? Wordlessly, he handed me a slip of paper and sat down quietly in the empty seat by me. I slowly opened the slip of paper, and found my name ‘Kang Yun Hee’ written neatly across in my own handwriting. Suddenly, I felt the stares of everyone in the class (excluding mine and Jin Ki’s) on me. Looking up, I saw the stares of the guys, as if pitying me, saying I would never have a chance with Jin Ki, even in a fake relationship. The glares of all the girls in the class were filled with hate, and jealousy, but the one that held the most hostility was Hee Mi. I sighed and slipped the paper into my skirt pocket. Kill me now.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Annyeohasaeyo (formal):  Hello

Cho neun:  My name is...

Imnida:  Suffix added to the end of your name when introducing yourself.

 


 

Great.  Just great.  Out of all the people in this class, I just HAD to be paired up with Jin Ki.  Now, not only did I have to deal with this stupid project, I had pretty much the whole girl population at school hating on me, all because of a psychology project, of which I have no control over, what so ever.  I really just wanted to sink into the ground and disappear forever, but alas, that was not possible.  Trying to ignore the stares/glares of the people in my class, I sat up straighter and looked ahead at Ms. Yang, waiting for further instructions.

 

“Now that you have your partners, I’ll give you the rest of the class time to get to know each other.  I know I said that this project will take course over a period of 3 months, but you’ll be working on your project outside of class.  In class, we will move on with another unit.  Just know that your journal will be due in 3 months time. 

 

Also, I hope that you will respect and treat your partner well.  This is a fake relationship, although I have no power to prevent it from becoming a real one, do I?  Either way, I hope the all of you will know and learn how to treat a significant one the right way.  Think of this as an experience to look back on when you’re older.  I expect that most, if not all of you, to get married someday.  This is an opportunity to see what it’s really like in a relationship, so I hope the all of you take this seriously.  In addition, I don’t want to hear about anything inappropriate happening.  If I do, you will have your project going in as zero, understood?

 

That is all for this project.  I know there isn’t an exact rubric set in stone, since the journal is really only a place to let your thoughts run free, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask me now, or later after class.”

 

 Hee Mi raised her hand, yet again.

 

 “Yes, Hee Mi?”

“Can we switch partners?  I don’t want to be with anyone else other than Jin Ki.”

“No, I’m sorry Hee Mi, but I’m afraid you’ll have to stay with your given partner.  I don’t want to mess things around and cause any more trouble than there should be.  And you should be sorry to Hyuk Ki for indirectly insulting him.  He’ll make a fine partner, so please, try to work with him.”

“But—!”

“No buts, Hee Mi.  My decision is final.”

 

 

Hee Mi slumped back into her chair, glaring at Ms. Yang and completely ignoring her partner.  I truly did feel sorry for Hyuk Ki.  I definitely wouldn’t mind being his partner, since he was a really nice person from what I had seen, though I didn’t talk to him much.

 

 “Any more questions?”

 

 People shook their heads from side to side, and no one raised their hands.

 

 “All right then.  Like I said, you have the rest of the period to learn more about your partner and discuss this project.  I’ll be at my desk if someone comes up with a question.  In addition, I have your test scores from Friday, so if you would like to see them now, please come up to my desk.  If not, they will be posted up tomorrow morning.”

 

 Ms. Yang turned around and walked back to her desk to sit down.  The classroom began to be filled with voices, chattering and complaining about the newly assigned project.  Taking a deep breath, I turned toward Jin Ki, and proceeded to attempt at a conversation with him.  Sticking out my hand, I introduced myself.

 

 

“Annyeohasaeyo.  I haven’t properly introduced myself.  Cho neun Kang Yun Hee imnida.  Nice to meet you.”

 

 Jin Ki was slouching in his chair with his hands in his pockets as I said this.  He glanced at me and then down at my hand before answering.

 

 “Cho neun Lee Jin Ki imnida…”

 

 And that was it.  He didn’t take another glance at me, making me feel very awkward for sticking my hand out for a hand shake.  I slowly retracted my arm, and settled my hands on the table.  Clearing my throat, I tried again.

 

“So, what do you want to talk about, since we have to learn about each other for this project.”

“Nothing right now.  I don’t feel like doing this stupid project.’

“A..all right then.  Then perhaps tomorrow?”

“Maybe.  Just be quiet.  I want to take a nap.”

 

 Jin Ki then proceeded to lay his head on top of his folded arms, trying to take a short nap during the rest of the period.  Scoffing, thoroughly insulted, I took out my notebook, so it would look like I was doing something, instead of slacking off like Jin Ki.  How he managed to ace classes was beyond me.  He was always so laid back and lazy.  What ever his secret was, I wanted to learn it.  Trying to quell my anger, I began to sketch the flower in the pot that was sitting on the window sill.  Drawing was one of the things that I did to calm down, and it was fun to do as well, but this time, my anger did not subside.  The drawing was in ruins, and I couldn’t get the lines and shadings right.  Thankfully, before I felt like chucking the crumpled paper ball at someone, the bell rang, signaling for lunch.  Sighing, I packed up my things, and walked swiftly out of the classroom, trying to forget about the project.

 I arrived at my locker, furiously trying to open the lock.  Only after a million tries (okay, honestly, it was like 5), the lock opened, and I was able to open my locker.  Stuffing in my unneeded notebooks, I glared at the locker wall.  Why did it have to be me?  I was a normal girl, someone who didn’t like attention.  Why did it have to be me who was assigned to be with Jin Ki.  I admit, I was rather thrilled deep down to be his partner, but after what he did today, I regret that happiness.  Looking at my notebooks again, I frowned.  Sure I was mad, but that didn’t mean my notebooks had to take my anger, no matter how inanimate they were.  Picking them up again, I set them neatly in a row, before moving to close my locker, but someone beat me to it, slamming the door on my arm while it was still in there.

 Tears sprang into my eyes as the pain shot up my arm.  Looking over, I saw that it was Hee Mi who slammed the door onto my arm.  I couldn’t let her see me cry, so I tried to hold my tears in.

 

 What do you want, Hee Mi?

“Jin Ki will never see you as anything.  It sure was bad luck for him to be paired up with an ugly girl like you, and a nerd too!”

 

She laughed smugly before looking back at me, glaring holes through my face.

 

“Just know that Jin Ki is mine, and to stay away from him.”

“And how do you want me to do that?  We’re partners for the project,” I said indignantly.

“W..well!  What I mean is—!”

“What you mean, is that you’re extremely jealous that someone “like me” got paired up with Jin Ki, while you didn’t.  And not to mention the fact that he practically had to throw you off when you super glued yourself to him before.  Sure, Jin Ki will never like me, but he will never like you either.” 

 

Smirking, I pulled my arm out of the space between the locker and the door before closing it shut and locking it, ignoring the pain that shot up my arm again.  Blinking the tears out of my eyes, I began to walk away.

 

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go to lunch.”

 

Of course, things never go as planned.  Hee Mi grabbed the back of my collar and pulled me back, slamming me into the locker.  Her goons held me back as I struggled to get free.  She got into my face, smirking at me.

 

“Just shut up, will you?  You think you’re so cool and all that, but watch.  In the end, Jin Ki will be mine, and you will suffer the consequences.”

 

Grabbing my bag from out of my hand, she turned it upside down, dumping the contents onto the floor, before dropping the bag all together and walking away.  Her wanna-bes let me go, and strutted after her, leaving me alone in the hallways.

 Sighing again, I slid down to the floor, rubbing my arm.  Pulling up the sleeve, I saw that a bruise had already begun to form where the door was slammed onto my arm.  That would last for awhile, but hopefully she didn’t damage too much of my arm.  Grimacing, I reached out with my good arm to pick up all the school supplies that was dumped on the floor.  It took me a while, since I only had one arm to do things, and I kept on dropping things on the floor.  Shaking my head, I tried once again to put my pencils into my bag with on hand, but I lost my grip, dropping the pencils all over again.  Reaching out to pick up the pencils and books again, I saw someone else had kneeled down next to me and was picking up my things.

 Looking up, I gasped, surprised to see Jin Ki there.  I sat there quietly as he neatly picked up my school utensils and books, slipping them into my bag, before handing it over to me.

 

“Thank you…”

“Your welcome.”

 

 Standing up, Jin Ki held out a hand to help me up.  Hesitantly grasping his hand, Jin Ki pulled me up from the ground.  The force moved my injured arm, and I gasped in pain, pulling my hand away to lift up the shirt sleeve to examine the bruise again, dropping my bag in the process.  The bruise was more purple now, and my arm looked like it was starting to swell.  Looking up at Jin Ki again, I saw his eyes were wide, looking at my arm.  Quickly pulling my sleeve down, I grabbed my bag with my good arm, trying to walk away.

  

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me.  Thanks again for the help, and sor—”

“What happened?” Jin Ki interjected.

“What, this?  N..nothing at all.”

 

Grabbing the top of my injured arm, Jin Ki pulled it closer for a look.  The movement caused pain to shoot up my arm again, and I gasped.

 

“Sorry…”

“It’s fine, really.”

I tried to pull my arm away, but Jin Ki refused.  He slung my bag on his shoulder, and let go of my arm gently, grabbing my good arm and began pulling me somewhere.

 

“Where are you taking me?!”

“To the nurses office.  We need to get that arm looked at.  It doesn’t look good.”

 

 Resisting, I pulled against him.

 

 “Let me go!  I’m fine!”

 

 Jin Ki whirled around and pulled me closer, looking at me with hardened eyes.

 

 “You are not fine, so you will be quiet and go to the nurse with me.  That’s final.”

 

 Gulping, I nodded, and willingly let him lead me to the nurse’s office.  I had never seen Jin Ki this mad before.  It was nice of him to be concerned for me, but what had brought this on?  Dropping my head, I followed him meekly to the nurse’s office.

 


 

Yay!  End of chapter 2 ^^

This was longer than the first chapter, so I hope that satisfied most of you.

Anyway, please be patient till the next chapter!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

heechulxjungmin:  Thanks for reading it.  I'm glad you think it's a cool story! And don't worry...I'm a weirdo too! xD

ForeverInLove:  I hope this update is soon enough, and long enough ^^

SodamnxxLillian:  Thank you for reading this.  I'm glad the uncommonness intrigues you to read this story :)