~Rescued

Psychology Boyfriend

Another update for you all ^^

Was supposed to update yesterday..but got distracted

Miahne!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

Still, I tried. I didn’t want to be stuck in here until the next morning to be found unconscious on the empty shed, starving and to the point of freezing. I didn’t want to be found so helpless. It was embarrassing to think about being found that way. I couldn’t give up, but after awhile, it was hard to keep trying. I had been in here for at least three hours, and by that time, almost no one is around the field anymore, not even the teachers. Teachers are either in their classrooms, or at home, and the students are either in classrooms studying, or in the library. 

By that point, I really wanted to give up. It was my deepest and darkest hour, literally.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Yeoja chingu: Girlfriend

Bwoh: What

Hyung: Name used by a male to refer to his older brother or guy friend

Arasso: Okay or all right

Oppa: Name used by a female to refer to her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Jungshin chareyo: Get a hold of yourself

Miahne (informal): Sorry

Chongmal (informal): Seriously, really

Deh (formal): Yes

Kamsamhamnida (formal): Thank you

Aish: Word used when fustrated.  Like, darn, dang it, etc

Annyeohasaeyo (formal): Hello or good bye

 


 

The school bell rang and I walked out to the front of the school to wait for Yun Hee, grinning.  I couldn’t help it.  She was my real yeoja chingu now, and nothing mattered anymore.  I was thrilled to say the least.  Sitting on a bench under the shade of the tree, I waited for her to come out like any other day.  My friends passed by, waving bye and I nodded my head in return, but when she didn’t come out during the time that she usually did, I began to worry.  What took her so long?  Spotting Min Ho, I remembered that she said he was in her p.e. class.  Standing up, I jogged over to him.

 

“Min Ho!”

“Ah, hyung.  What’s up?”

“Have you seen Yun Hee?”

“She hasn’t come out yet?”

“No. Have you seen her?”

“I saw her when we were putting away the football equipment.  I went to put the things away and she went toward the girl’s locker room. Don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll be out soon.”

 

He smiled and clapped me on the shoulder before walking off.  Walking back to the bench, I sat down again.  Min Ho was right.  She was probably talking to the teacher or something.  She’ll be out soon enough, but what if she misses the bus?  What am I saying?  A bus comes every 15 minutes, so she’ll be fine.  I could even take her home now if I wanted.  I laughed to myself.   She’s been my girlfriend for barely half a day and I’m worrying about her so much already?  I must really like her.

 

Maybe I’ll put my bag in my car before coming back.  I’m sure she’ll be out by then, and I’ll catch her.

 

I relaxed and settled back against the bench to wait for her once I returned.  After another 15 minutes of waiting, I began to worry again?  Where was she?  The school front yard was virtually empty now, only a couple of people remaining here and there.  She should’ve been out by now.  Should I go look for her?

 

No Jin Ki, have some pride.  You can’t let a girl make you running everywhere for her.  Be a man.  Let’s just try calling her first.

 

Punching in her number, I called her, waiting as the dial song played.  Even after it finished playing, no one picked up.  I even called another 4 times, but nothing.  Was she busy or something? Did she turn her phone on silent?  I’ll send her a text message.

 

Where are you?  I’ve been waiting for you out front of the school.

 

Arasso, message sent.  Now I need to wait some more? Aish!  I’ve spent at least…an hour waiting for her!

 

No, what am I thinking?  Who cares how much I’m waiting for her?  She’s worth it! Yes, she’s worth it, so Jin Ki, get a grip on yourself and stop complaining.  Checking my phone again, I saw that she didn’t respond yet.  So, I sat there for another 30 minutes, checking my phone every 5 minutes to see if there was any new messages.  Nothing.  Groaning, I stood up.  Let’s just go look for her.  As I began to walk toward the entrance of the school building, I was stopped by someone.

 

“Jin Ki oppa!”

 

Someone glomped themselves to my back.  Looking down, I saw it was a girl.  Irritated, I threw her arms off and turned around.  What kind of girl has the audacity to throw her arms around me? Huh, figures.  It’s Hee Mi, even better.  Looking at her wearily, I wondered what she wanted this time.

 

“What do you want Hee Mi?”

“Come on oppa!  We haven’t talked in ages!  Aren’t you happy to see me?”

 

No, in fact, I’m not.  I’m never happy when I see your face.  After what happened, I can never make myself to come to like you ever again.  How could I?

 

“Look, I’m kind of busy right now, so can you make this quick?  I don’t have time to deal with you.”

 

She pouted, but it looked like an ugly pufferfish.  How could any guy like this kind of girl, I will never know.  Then again, I should ask myself that.

 

“Sorry oppa.  I didn’t want to make you bothered, but I just had to talk to you.”

“Is that all you wanted to say?”

 

I started to turn around to walk away, but she stopped me yet again, this time, hanging on my arm.  Ugh, this is just plain disgusting. 

 

“Oppa! We used to be such good friends.  What changed?  I don’t understand!  Is it so bad that I want to talk to you again after all these years that you’ve ignored me?  I thought that you would change after time, but I was wrong.  I realized that I have to make the first move, so why can’t you just acknowledge me?  Why can’t you look at me?”

 

Wow, she really didn’t know when to stop, did she?  She was one of the reasons why I’ve hated girls.  She’s the reason why I’ve suffered so much.  Does she really not know that?  How evil can she get?  Shaking her off violently, I her.

 

“You….you really have the nerves to say that, don’t you?  Are you really that clueless, or are you pretending to be?  You have no idea how much you disgust me, so stay away from me and my friends.  We don’t need you around.”

 

I turned around and walked off, but she ran ahead of me and stood in my way.

 

“Miahne oppa.  Chongmal miahne.  I didn’t mean to bother you this way, but I really wanted to talk to you again. I miss those old days when we were good friends.”

 

Maybe if you realized what you were doing at the time, then I might still be talking to you today.  It’s your own fault that we’re like this today.

 

“Look Hee Mi.  I really don’t have the time to talk to you right now.  I’m kind of busy, so could you just stop?”

“If you’re busy, then we can talk some other time.  Are you free at lunch anytime this week?  Or perhaps we can meet up outside of school?  Any day is fine with me, and any time as well!  We could go to a café or something, right? Could you?”

 

“Hee Mi, I don’t have time for that. Plus, I don’t even want to talk to you, so just please get away from me.  I’m busy.”

 

“Please, oppa.  I’ll do anything! I'm really sorry that I hurt you all these years.  I was a fool for not noticing you by my side when I was younger, I truly do.  If I could turn back time and change what I did, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, I swear.  So can't you forgive me?”

“I don’t need you to do anything. I've moved on, so you can just forget about it and leave me alone.”

 

I grew tired with her tactics and simply walked around her, speeding up so I could look for Yun Hee.

 

“Oppa! You can’t do this to me!” 

 

Hee Mi ran after me and tried to hold onto me again but I swung my arm from her.  Turning around and glaring at her, I spoke.

 

“Just shut up, will you?  And leave me alone!”

"OPPA!"

"What?!"

 

She smirked at me and walked closer.

 

"You just showed me that you still care for me deep down."

"Bwoh?!"

"If you really were over this, then you'd be able to forgive me and move on.  But you haven't."

"What are you talking about?"

"Since you're still upset, it's obvious that you still like me, deep down, and your'e just waiting for me to do something to make you forgive me.  Am I right?"

"No, not even close."

"Stop lying to yourself.  You still like me, don't you?  That's why you can't find it in yourself to forgive me."

 

I looked at her incredulously.  How did she get that in her brain?

 

"Isn't it true?  And Yun Hee is just a prop right?  She's just being used to vent off your feelings and things, right?  You really only want to be with me, don't you?"

 

I kept the bile that threated to come up from my throat at the mere thought of the idea.

 

"No, I the reason why I can't forgive you is most definitely not because I still like you deep down, no matter what you say or think.  The reason is because you ruined my life, and I can never forgive you for that. You have hurt me so much, that I can never erase what has happened from my mind.  So throw that thought away, and stay away from me.  Because I will never love you, or even like you ever again.  Yun Hee is the only one for me."

 

With that, I walked off and began searching for Yun Hee.

 

***

 

Hee Mi stood there hurt, looking after Jin Ki, but it didn’t stay like that for long.  Pushing away her pain, her face began to form an evil smirk, laughing.

 

“Jin Ki oppa, you’ll pay for making me suffer.  One day, you’ll find that she’s not worth all the trouble and you’ll be running back to me.”

 

With a flip of her hair, Hee Mi headed on home, satisfied with what she had accomplished today.

 

***

 

Looking at my watch, I found that conversing painfully with Hee Mi had taken 30 minutes.  Where was Yun Hee?  She should’ve come out by now, and if she was somewhere, she would’ve told me.  Why didn’t I notice before?  Something was wrong. 

Where could she be?  Was she hurt? Was she kidnapped or abducted?  What if she's somewhere dangerous right now, and I can't find her until a month after?  Or worse, what if she's d...no.  I won't think that way.  I can't think that way, and I must not. 

No, Jin Ki, calm down.  You’ll only be able to think clearly if you do that.  Taking deep breaths, I began to think.  Where would Yun Hee be?  Well, she had p.e. last, so let’s go check the girl’s locker room.  I walked over to the girl’s locker room to find Ms. Ok walking out of the girl’s locker room.  Running up to her, I bowed.

 

“Ms. Ok, have you seen Yun Hee?”

“Oh, no I haven’t.  She was helping Min Ho put away the equipment earlier but I didn’t see her enter the locker room.  I probably missed her when she came in. In fact, no one else is in there right now, and I’m just locking up to go home.  Maybe you should look for her somewhere else?”

“Deh, kamsamhamnida.”

 

Bowing again, I walked off.  Where else could she be?   Would she be in any of her classes?  Walking all over the school, I checked every one of her classes.  Some were dark and locked with no one in them.  Others still had teachers and some students receiving tutoring, but no Yun Hee was present.  I even double checked them all to see if she had gone into any of them while I was away, but still nothing.

 

Where else could I look?  The library perhaps?  She always talked about how she loved reading, so maybe I should check there?

 

Heading over to the library, I walked in quietly so I wouldn’t disturb the students studying and began my search for Yun Hee.  I went up and down the shelves again and again, looking for her, but I couldn’t see her.  I scoured the tables and looked at the students over and over, but again, no sign of Yun Hee.  I was desperate.  Where on earth could she be?

 

Walking out of the library, I was lost.  Maybe she walked out but I missed her?  No, that’s not possible.  How could I miss her when I sat right in front of the gate entrance?  I did leave, but still.  I was looking out for her as well, and she wouldn’t leave school with out saying bye to me either. 

 

I was getting more worried, so I tried calling her again.  Nothing, except for her voice telling me to leave a message.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo.  This is Yun Hee’s phone.  I’m not here right now, but please leave a message and I’ll call you back as soon as possible.  Kamsamhamnida!”

 

I pondered about whether I should leave her a message or not, but once I heard the beep, I didn’t care anymore.

 

“Yun Hee, where ever you are, please tell me.  Give me a hint about where you are.  I’m worried, so please tell me.”

 

Hanging up, I racked my brain for another place where she could be.  Then it hit me: the football field.  Didn’t Min Ho and Ms. Ok say that she was putting away equipment there?  She had to be there, or somewhere around there.  Sprinting to the football field, dodging random students in the hallway and on the sidewalks, I finally arrived at the football field, breathless.  Looking around, I searched the bleachers as I walked down them, descending toward the football field.  There was no one.  I even took a couple of rounds around the field, but I saw no one.  It was barren, just like it should be.  Football season was over, so there was no reason for anyone to be down there.  Sighing, I flopped down on the grass, dropping my head in my hands.

 

I kept wishing that this was all a dream.  I wished that Yun Hee would be at home right now, and that she would call me, wondering why I sounded so worried when she was only at home.  I would then yell at her for making me worried and for making me run all around the school for her.  She would then laugh and tease me about it, and I would eventually forgive her.

 

That’s what I wished, but for some reason, I felt like that wouldn’t be happening.

 

 

Yun Hee, where on earth are you?  Why are you making me this worried?  Can’t you give me a hint of where you are?

 

 

“Yun Hee! Where are you!”

I screamed into the open field.  I didn’t know if this would work, but I had to let go of something.

 

“Yun Hee! Tell me where you are!”

 

I stopped screaming to catch my breath, and that was when I heard something.  It was like someone was kicking or punching metal or something.  Listening closer, I tried to pinpoint where the sounds were coming from.  Suddenly the sounds stopped.

 

“Yun Hee!”

 

The sound started again.  Looking around, I searched for something metal and saw the old metal sports shed.  The door seemed to be barred shut with a metal rod, but I saw that the door was shaking, moving of some sorts.  Standing up, I Jogged over, looking at it carefully.

 

It seemed like something was being locked in there, but what if it was someone bad or dangerous?  No, who would hide something like that in a school sports shed?  It must be someone in need of help.

 

“Yun Hee?” I said again, apprehensively.

 

I then heard some sobs as I walked closer to the shed.  There was someone in there.  Grabbing the metal rod, I yanked at it.  Although it was slightly stuck, I managed to slip the rod out before dropping it and looking back at the door.  Reaching out, I opened the door and the next thing I knew, I found myself on the ground with something on top of me.

 

Lifting my head, I was overjoyed to see it was Yun Hee.  But what I didn’t understand was why she wasn’t moving.  Sitting up, I rolled her over in my arms and found that she was unconscious, still in her gym clothes.  Looking at her, I saw that she had been roughly handled, her hair a mess and out of its pony tail.  Her clothes were ripped and torn, bloody at some parts and stained with dust and dirt. 

 

“Yun Hee.  Wake up!  Jungshin chareyo! Get a hold of yourself!”

 

I shook her but nothing.  Her eyes remained closed, but she was till breathing. She must of fainted from shock. Holding her close to me, I stood up and carried her bridal style in my arms.  Walking quickly and then breaking into a jog, I carried her to the front of the school and set her in my car.  Carefully setting her down in the passenger seat, I buckled her in.

 

Looking at her, I brushed her hair out roughly with my fingers and wiped away the dust on her face with a towel before closing the door.

 

Going into the drivers side, I buckled myself in and looked at her once, worried, before starting up the engine and driving her home.

 

What in the world happened to you Yun Hee?

 


 

Yup, Yun Hee has been rescued!

By the almighty Jin Ki (don't tell Key that)

I know some of you thought Min Ho would come, but if I did that, I feel like the story would go into a different direction that what I wanted it to be, so I didn't have him rescue Yun Hee (sorry to those who wanted it that way :/)

Btw, if you're wondering why students are still at school late at this time

In Korea (since I'm setting this story there) schools are actually opened to late at night, so students have a place to study or do their homework.  It's not uncommon to stay that late at school.

I hope you liked this update,

So Comment and Subscribe LOTS!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

rialoves: Lol, it's okay.  I knew it was a typo.  I was just playing around ^^ Hope you like this update!

heechulxjungmin: Well, she would call Jin Ki...if she had her hand phone, but she doesn't.  And If I were to make Min Ho rescue her...the story would go a whole different direction...I think it's best if you read on to see what happens :D

forgetfulxangel: You're good at predicting things, aren't you? Though I won't tell you if you're right or not. xD And I know I keep hinting about Jin Ki's past, but I think it'll be awhile until you find out...I have to sew it into the plot somehow...Miahne for the wait ;(

Maiko_chan: Official is good ^^ and read on to find out what happens!

Charismace: Thank you for liking my writing style.  I'm still iffy about it, but it's getting better ^^

theclumsywitch: Read on to find out!

amyra961: Where is Jin Ki?....read on!

crazy4you: Yes, if a guy does that in real life..he's a keeper.  And it would be bad if he left you...all the more reason to cry :(

Lorena: I'm glad you think it's getting better.  I need to interest my readers somehow! :D

flowergirls: About the miracle...it might happen ^^

Sparklicious22: Questions, questions. They'll be answered..eventually xD And yes.  I am all for a girl who can stand up for herself!

yourreflection: Yeah, I can't answer that question.  You'll just have to read on! ^^

bananaO13: I would be too! xD And she's trapped in there long enough :/

Liv2Dance: Could you teach me? Lol, you don't have to.  Great of you to offer though!

starlove: Will Jin Ki save her? Hmm........

hoshichii: Lol, it's okay about the comments.  I'm happy with any ^^ And about the name...since it's Jin Ki, how about..Yunki? Junhee?  I like I like the second one.  But if I were to choose from yours...Onhee sounds good :D

zoeystar:  She will find out, don't worry, and yes, she will be saved! *hero music* xD

Vengeance: Yeah, I thought about Min Ho coming to rescue...but you'll have to read on to find out. Miahne...

saranghandago: Thank you! I makes me really happy when people say they like my writing style ^^ Hoping to improve everyday.

leeminhyun13: You'll have to read on to find out! Kekeke

ForeverInLove: Anyone who does this stuff is low, and we hate them for it!

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Sorry for the wait, but I hope you'll like this update all the same.

Shizine19: Yes, new reader! *hugs* Welcome to my story, and I hope you'll stay till the end! ^^