~Warm Dinner

Psychology Boyfriend

Another update ^^

I hope you all like it.

 


 

Previous Chapter:

When my face cooled down, I felt Jin Ki’s lips on my cheek, but when I turned to look at him, he still looked like he was focused on the text, like he never moved. But when I looked closer, I could see a small smirk forming on his face, reassuring me that there had been some change.

I blushed once again and smiled before concentrating back onto my homework. I really needed to finish this if I wanted to help Umma make dinner for Jin Ki.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Jal modala dugeseo: I don't understand

Paegupa: I'm hungry

Doenjang jiggae: Tofu stew made with a soybean paste base.

Bulgogi: Barbequed beef

Kim: Dried seaweed

Na wuasseo: I'm home

Buin: Wife

Geojimal: Liar

Wae geu rae: What's wrong?

Moreugaesseo: I don't know

 


 

The rest of the homework period passed by uneventfully, except for the fact that when Jin Ki finished his homework (not surprising, as he’s always has been the one to finish it first) and decided to use my shoulder as a head rest.  I was busy studying the genotypes from the dihybrid cross of the drosophilias, trying to come up with a null hypothesis for my chi square test when I felt something heavy on my right shoulder.

 

Looking over, I found that Jin Ki had decided to take a nap on my shoulder, and shaking my head, I smiled and went back to my biology homework.

 

At around 5:00 pm, Umma called me down to make dinner.  I looked at Jin Ki to see if he was still asleep, and he was, so I wondered how I could manuveur myself as to keep from waking him up.  I slowly lifted his head off my shoulder as I stood up and tried to move it towards the headrest on the back of his chair, but before I could even move it an inch, Jin Ki had decided to move in his sleep and somehow (though I don’t know how) wrapped his arms around my waist, which landed me right into his lap.  His head then fell into the cook of my neck, going back to sleep.

 

I blushed as I wondered how this was possible, and how in the world I even got into this predicament.  I guess I just have to wake him up after all…

 

“Jin Ki oppa…”

 

He was still breathing evenly.

 

“Oppa…”

 

I nudged him lightly at first and then tried a little harder.  I kept doing this over again as I tried to wake him up, but he was out dead like a log.

 

Sighing, I decided I would have to try to use some other method.  I forcibly broke my way out of his arms and stood up straight as his torso fell over onto his legs, immediately waking him up.  He sat back up as he yawned and rubbed his eyes of the sleepiness to clear it away.

 

“What happened?” Jin Ki asked as he yawned yet again.

 

I smirked as I went to clear my desk; I was finally done with the work I needed to do today.

 

“Someone refused to wake up when I was trying to be nice.”

"Jal modala dugeseo?”

“Nothing.  You were in a quite uncomfortable position, so I woke you up so you could move to the bed.  I’m going down to make dinner now, so you can continue your nap.”

I walked toward the bed and fluffed up a pillow for him before setting it down again.  Gesturing to the pillow once, I then walked toward the door.  Jin Ki, however, decided to follow me out.

 

“You’re not sleeping anymore?”

“Nope, I had a nice nap while you did your homework...man do you take a long time.”

“Yah!”

 

I said, mildly offended.

 

“Some people aren’t as fast at doing homework as you are…”

 

Jin Ki grinned as he pulled me into his embrace and pecked my lips.

 

“I know, I was just teasing you jagiya. Now, can we go make dinner? Paegupa”

 

I rolled my eyes and smiled, pulling out of his embrace as we descended the stairs.  Umma was sitting on the stool by the island as we walked down.

 

“Sorry we took so long Umma.  I had to wake up a particular someone here who decided to take a nap.”

 

I smirked as I went to the fridge to see what we had before deciding on what meal we would make for Jin Ki.

 

“That’s all right dear.  I didn’t wait long.  Now, what are we going to make?

“Mm, we can make doenjang jiggae.  It’s getting pretty cold, so soup can warm us up.  I think we have some beef too, so maybe bulgogi would be nice and finish up with some kim and salad?”

“Arasso.  Yun Hee, why don’t you start on the doenjan jiggae while I start the salad and bulgogi.”

“Can I help too?” Jin Ki asked.  “I don’t want to stand here and do nothing.”

“Umma, did you know Jin Ki is quite the cook?  He made me lunch before.”

 

Jin Ki blushed as he rubbed the back of his neck in shyness.  I just grinned as I went back to cutting the dubu and preparing the water for the jiggae.

 

“Keu dae? Well then, Jin Ki can help with the bulgogi.  Will that be all right with you?”

“Deh Eomonim.”

 

And so we all dove into our work, trying to make a meal that was worth eating.  Pretty soon, everything was done, and as we were setting the table, Appa came home.

 

“Na wuasseo!”

“Annyoung Appa.  You came home just in time; we just finished preparing dinner.”

 

Jin Ki, who was setting out the bowls, bowed as soon as he saw Appa and greeted him.

 

“Annyeohasaeyo Abeonim.”

“Ah, Jin Ki is here today?”

 

Umma came out with the doeng jiggae and set it on the table.

 

“Yes, and he helped out with making dinner.  Isn’t he a sweetheart?”

“If you say so Buin.”

 

Jin Ki and I brought out the rest of the dishes before sitting down to eat.  Dinner was a joyful event, with everyone talking and smiling.  I don’t remember dinner ever being this fun and heart-warming.  I guess it was because Jin Ki was here.  He had a way of bring up the mood and keeping it there.  I knew that Umma absolutely adored him, and I was sure that Appa liked him as well.

 

Once dinner was finished, I retreated to the kitchen to start washing the dishes. Jin Ki also followed suit, even with Umma telling him to relax in the living room.  He protested, saying that Umma and worked hard today, and convinced her to rest with Appa while we worked on the dishes.  I grinned as the kitchen grew quiet and began to wash the dishes while Jin Ki took up a towel and waited for the wet dishes to come to dry them.

 

“I think you just got yourself an even higher status on their lists.”

“Keu dae? I guess that’s just a good thing for me.  Always beneficial to stay in the good books of the in-laws.”

I flushed when he said in-laws.  He was already thinking that far ahead?  He must have caught what he said as well, as there was an awkward silence that formed as we wordlessly washed and dried dishes.  He cleared his throat after awhile and spoke up.

 

“Anyway, dinner was nice today.”

“I’m glad you liked it.”

“That was the best doeng jiggae I’ve ever tried.”

“Geojimal.  I’m not even good at making that dish.”

“Then what are you good at making?”

“Keu sae…I haven’t had much time to experiment with cooking.”

“You’ll cook for me some other time, won’t you?”

“Maybe…if I feel like it.”

“Yah, you won’t cook for your namja chingu?”

 

I glanced at him from the corner of my eyes as I rinsed off the last dish and handed it to him before peeling off my rubber gloves. 

 

“If he deserves it, then maybe I will.  Depends on whether I feel like it or not.”

 

I smirked as I walked into the living room where my parents were snacking on fruit and looking at the newspaper.  I saw down on the empty loveseat and speared some fruit with the fork and handed it to Jin Ki, who had taken a seat next to me.

 

“Thank you for helping with the dishes Jin Ki.  You really didn’t have to,” Umma said, looking up from her magazine.

 

“Aniyo.  It was the least I could do for such a delicious meal.”

“Jin Ki is quite the gentleman, don’t you think Buin?”

“Of course.  Yun Hee couldn’t have picked someone better.”

 

I flushed again and looked over at Jin Ki to see him smirking while chewing on his fruit.  I glared at him as I reached for another piece of fruit before one appeared in front of my face.  I looked at him to see Jin Ki holding out a piece of apple in front of my mouth.  Glancing over at my parents, I made sure they weren’t watching before opened my mouth and ate the fruit.  Umma wouldn’t give me the end of it if she saw.

 

Suddenly, someone’s phone rang and Jin Ki reached into his pocket, pulling out his.  He apologized for the interruption before walking out of the room to answer the call.  Once he left, Umma left her seat by Appa and went over by me.

 

“I saw that Yun Hee.”

“Deh?”

“Him feeding you the fruit.”

“Oh, miahne.  We won’t do it again…”

“Aniyo, who said I didn’t liked it. On the contrary, it was adorable!”

“Ah, deh?”

I looked at Appa to see if he had any reaction.  He just looked over his paper and shrugged his shoulders.  I let out a sigh of relief.  I guess my parents weren’t too strict about the affection thing.  I wonder what they would do if they found out all the other things we’ve been doing, like the forehead kisses or the pecks here and there…actually, let’s not go there.

 

When Jin Ki came back, he was smiling, but I caught that one second where he was frowning.  I wondered if my parents had caught that. 

 

“I’m sorry to suddenly leave, but I have some things to do at home.”

“So soon? Arasso.  Thank you for dining with us tonight Jin Ki,” Umma said.

 

Appa turned around and spoke to Jin Ki

 

“Be safe on the way home.  The roads are a bit slippery from the shower just now.”

“Deh, kamsamahamnida.  I’ll take my leave now.”

 

He bowed before walking toward the front door.  Umma nudged me up and motioned for me to send Jin Ki out.  I nodded as I stood up and walked quickly to the door where Jin Ki was putting on his sneakers.  When he stood up, he looked surprised to see me.

 

“Thanks for staying for dinner today.”

 

He smiled and shook his head.

 

“It was nothing.  Thanks for the meal.  I have to come back again.”

 

I opened the door as he finished tying his sneakers and realized that his bag was still in my room.

 

“Cha ka man.  Let me get your stuff; it’s still in my room.”

 

I rushed upstairs and thanked myself for putting our books and stuff away before hand.  As I rushed into the room, I grabbed his bag before going back downstairs and handing him his bag.

 

He grinned as he took the bag from me and slung it on shoulder.

 

“You didn’t have to rush.  I’m not in any hurry to leave you.”

“Well, by the look on your face as you walked into the living room, it looked like you were…”

“What look?”

“That frown.”

 

His face darkened for a little bit before shaking his head.

 

“You must have been imagining things.”

 

He stepped outside through the open door and turned around slightly too wave bye.

 

“I’ll see you next Monday at school, arasso?”

 

I nodded as he turned around and began to walk down the driveway.  Something made me run down behind him and throw my arms around him.  He slowly pried my arms off and turned around, cupping my face, his eyes searching mine.

 

“Wae geu rae?”

“Moreugaesseo.  I just feel like something is wrong.”

 

He bent down to kiss me lightly on the lips before pulling away.

 

“Gwen cha na.”

 

And he smiled before walking off.  I stood there on the driveway watching him drive off before going back into the house, with a strange feeling in my gut.

 


 

End of Chapter 33!

I hope you all liked it ^^

 


 

 Vengeance: Yeah, she shouldn't keep things like this to herself :/ And LOL, yeah, I don't think I can write rated stuff >.<

SHINeepoofs: Yeah, sorry for making it soo fluffy xD At least you still liked it?

jay_rose: Bad feeling? Oohh...

GummyBears_Yum: I hope you liked this update ^^

amyra961: Sweet and fluffy..two nice words ^^ I think this is the most I can do though. I myself don't like overly sweet and fluffuy things XD

saranghandago: You're taking AP Bio too? How is it? I'm like..so close yet so far to an A >.<

Shizine19: Lol, is it surprising for Jin Ki to be sweet?

pResTige: I'd like to have a sweet boyfriend too, but now is just not the time.  I'll be waiting in the future for that one special guy!

crazy4you: Chuseok is Thanksgiving? o.o I always thought it was New Years, watching variety shows and stuff where they talk about it..maybe I'm wrong :/ Thanks for the hardcore research!

ForeverInLove: I want a hw date too! ;( xD And no problemo about the commenting thing.  At least you commented! Me like.

Iheartlife: Welcome to my story, and I'm so glad you like it ^^ Maybe you would like to recommend it to some friends.  Hopefully they'll think it's one of the best Onew stories too!

starlove: Yeah, it is good that she finally fessed up.  Not good to keep secrets like this :/

Liv2Dance: Lol, I guess Jin Ki isn't so adept in seducing..he's going to have to try a bit harder to beat hw. LOL

infinitexx7: Lol, I'm not sure if you should base it on this.  I personally did not do very well on cellular respiration or photosynthesis.  That was basically all I knew about it.  But I did manage a high B on the test, so I"m actually pretty happy. Good luck on yours!

OnewxChicken4ever: Yes, Jin Ki's attempt at seduction failed..should I make him try again? xD

julunzy: I'm studying psychology right now too ^^ It's really interesting, but I think if the teacher were to do a project like this..she'd get fired xD

MechanicalAngel: Yay! I made someone smile with my story..hehe.  Always makes me happy if my readers are happy.