~How Things Turn Out

Psychology Boyfriend

Well, here's the final (finally?!) chapter to "Psychology Boyfriend"

It's been a long wait, and thank you all for waiting this long.

Without further ado, for the last time, here's the epilogue.

Enjoy!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

“What do you mean she transferred schools? It’s not even 8:00 in the morning yet.”

“Apparently, Hee Mi’s father called in early to transfer her, and she’s here right now gathering her things and taking care of loose ends.”

Hye Mi said that nonchalantly while staring at her nails, though I could see the grin that threatened to break out on to her face.

Well, I suppose now we know that her punishment is; well if it can be considered one. Hearing the news made me curious to what else was going on with her, or if her father even knew about what happened last night. But for the time being, I knew that we wouldn’t have to worry about her anymore as soon as she left the campus. There was a feeling, letting me know that I would have to face her before she left.

Sure enough, she walked down the hallway with her goons trailing and crying their eyes out. With one glare at me and a lingering one directed at Jin Ki, she kept on walking forward and out through the doors for the last time.

Once she left, I felt a huge burden lifted off me, telling me that things were finally over between her and I, and that everything would return back to normal. Well, as normal as dating Jin Ki could be anyway. Jin Ki and I exchanged a relieved smile before bidding my friends bye and heading off toward class.

Before leading me into class however, Jin Ki pulled me into an empty hallway, and leaned into give me a kiss.

“So we can really relax now, huh?”

I nodded before kissing him back.

“Now we can relax.”

 


 

Saying that we could finally relax was a bit of a stretch. Yes, we didn’t have to worry about my immediate danger anymore, but we still had a long way ahead of us. The rest of Senior year flew by and we finally graduated after enduring so much in our last year of high school. The summer couldn’t last any longer, and soon Jin Ki and I were enrolled in Seoul National University. Jin Ki majored in Business Administration, being the heir of Lee Dong. As for me, I majored in Medicine, aiming to be a pharmacist. However, being as these fields each had their own colleges within the Seoul National University system, we both didn’t go to the same college.

 

Still, that didn’t stop us from seeing each other or keeping in touch. If we couldn’t meet up after classes, you could find us talking on the phone at least once a day. On weekends, we would meet up and spend with each other, whether it be doing homework, or having a date in a coffee shop on campus. From time to time, we would visit our homes, all the while growing closer. After graduating from Seoul National University, Jin Ki went onto prepare in taking over the Lee Dong Company while I started my residency. The day that I obtained my degree, Jin Ki proposed to me at the same place where we had our first date, just as the sun was setting. I’m sure you can guess what I said in return.

 

Fast forward a couple of years, and here we were. I was in the kitchen chopping up some veggies to put into the marinated pork when I heard the door open and close. Footsteps followed and soon I felt warm arms snake around my waist.

 

“How was work today?”

“Just the usual: people wanting something but not having anything in return. New contracts had to be looked over, and meetings to go to. Thank goodness I got home this early today.”

“My yeobo sounds tired.”

“That I am. What about you Buin?”

“Things were pretty busy at the pharmacy from what I heard. I just took care of paper work and inventory at home.“

 

His arms tightened as he laid his head on my shoulder. Smiling, I finished chopping and put them into the mixing bowl.

 

“Why don’t you go rest before dinner?”

“Ani, I want to stay here with my Buin.”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

“Still.”

 

I rinsed my hands and turned around to return his embrace, looking at him.

 

“You are free tomorrow right?”

“Of course. It’s Jun Ki and Ji Eun’s engagement party.”

“We won’t have to worry about any emergency meetings?”

“No. Appa has that covered. I haven’t been working overtime this whole week for nothing.”

“Arasso.”

 

A mischievous grin began to form on his face.

 

“You know, you forgot something.”

“I have?”

 

I thought he was talking about my dinner dish and turned to look before he stopped me.

 

“Where’s my welcome-home kiss?”

 

I let out a laugh and shook my head.

 

“And here I thought you were talking about dinner.”

“We can worry about that later.’

“Well, all right.”

 

And so leaning in, I gave him what he was waiting for. After a few minutes, a cry rang out and we both broke apart in surprise.

 

“I suppose that’s Yoo Jung getting hungry again,” I said while taking off my apron.

 

Jin Ki began to take out the baby bottle. “You got calm her down and I’ll take care of the milk.”

 

Nodding, I hurried into the nursery and gently picked up Yoo Jung, cooing and whispering to calm her down. She quickly quieted and I rocked her as I waited for Jin Ki to bring in the bottle.

 

Soon enough, he came in and I fed Yoo Jung as Jin Ki watched from the side with a serene smile on his face.

 

“She looks like you.”

“Yoo Jung is barely 3 months old. We’ll see as she gets older,” I said reasonably.

“Nope, she’s going to look as beautiful as her mother.”

“Oppa…” The phrase still slipped out, even after our marriage. Jin Ki wanted me to call him Yeobo, but old habits die hard.

 

Suddenly, we heard the doorbell ring, and I immediately knew who it was.

 

“Jin Goo and Umma are here.”

“I’ll go get that. Yoo Jung can finish her meal and then come out.”

“Arasso.”

 

And he went to open the door. As he did, I could hear Jin Goo excitedly greet his father.

 

“Appa!”

“How is uri Jin Goo today? Was it fun at Halmeoni’s?”

“Deh! I got to help her make kimbap for lunch, and I even completed a whole 5 pages in my workbook!”

“Really now? Jin Goo is so helpful and smart, just like Appa taught him to be.”

“Mm!”

 

Yoo Jung finished her bottled with little fuss and I stood up, walking out to the living room.

 

“Umma!” Jin Goo grinned from where Jin Ki was holding him.

“Hello honey, weclome home."

 

Looking over at Umma, I greeted her.

 

"Hello Umma. I heard Jin Goo was being a good boy today, am I right?”

 

She smiled and nodded.

 

“Always the angel. How’s Yoo Jung there?”

 

She held out her arms and I placed Yoo Jung in her arms.

 

“She just woke up and finished a bottle of milk.”

“Umma.”

 

I looked down to see Jin Goo old out his arms. Smiling, and I crouched down and opened my arms in return as he lept into my arms.

 

“You’re already 5 years old and you still want me to pick you up like this?” I said jokingly.

 

Jin Goo shook his head.

 

“Appa says you’re never too old for anything.”

“Did he now?”

 

I looked at Jin Ki inquiringly and he shrugged his shoulders in response. Jin Goo turned around and looked at his sister before motioning for me to put him down.

 

“Halmoni, can I see my sister?”

“Of course you can. Why don’t we go sit down, hmm?”

“Deh.”

 

The door bell rang again and I went to open the door this time. Upon opening it, I was met by my Appa and Jin Ki’s parents on the doorstep.

 

“Appa, Abeonim, Eomonim, what a surprise!”

“You couldn’t expect us to stay away now, could you? I can’t miss any opportunity to see the lovely grandchildren,” Eomonim said with a smile as she stepped in, followed by the fathers.

“She wouldn’t let me do anything else before that,” Jae Min said with a wry grin.

“Well, everyone is welcome. Please come in,” Jin Ki said as he greeted them.

 

Appa handed me a box of pears as he came in.

 

“I was at the market and saw these. I thought you would like them.”

“They’re my favorite. Gomawayo Appa.”

“Now, where are the kids?”

 

I grinned as he walked in toward the living room. Jin Goo saw his grandparents come in and eagerly greeted them. In return, they all spoiled him and took turns holding Yoo Jung.

 

I took the pears into the kitchen and turned to see Jin Ki had followed me in.

 

“They’re all staying for dinner,” he informed.

“I figured. Luckily, I made extra tonight. I suppose we should get started then?”

“Of course,” he said as he washed his hands and donned on an apron. He handed me mine and we both started on the rest of dinner.

 

After dinner, we all gathered in the living room and chatted amongst ourselves, with Jin Goo making comments here and there, all of which would leave us smiling or chuckling at this aegyo. Yoo Jung was put to bed only moments earlier, but we were all looking forward to the day that she would be running around just like her older brother was.

 

As it was getting late, the parents decided to head on home, but not before giving Jin Goo one last hug. They all wished us a good night before walking out of the door, and we in returned waved as they drove away.  With everyone gone, the two of us cleaned up, put Jin Goo to bed, and then settled down on the loveseat to relax for the first time that night. With my head leaned on his shoulder, Jin Ki was reading over some news articles while I was continuing a new novel.

 

“Is everyone going to be present for the party tomorrow?”

“From what they’ve been telling me, yes.”

“Even Ki Bum? Isn’t he in Paris right now?”

“He actually flew home this morning, two days ahead of his schedule to attend.”

“Well, he wouldn’t be Ki Bum if he didn’t do that I suppose. What about Tae Min and Hye Mi?”

“They’ll be coming for sure. Their business merger was successful from what I heard. Min Ho is back from his soccer investment as well, so he’ll be coming too.”

“That leaves Jong Hyun and Ha Ni. They’re attending tomorrow as well, right?”

“They should be. From what I’m thinking, I don’t think they’re too far off from tying the knot either.”

“So it seems. She’s definitely more relaxed after being with Jong Hyun. He brings out the best in her.”

“Just like how I bring out the best in you?”

 

I could hear the teasing tone in his voice as he asked that.

 

“Yes, just like that,” I said, humoring him. It was true after all. “And just like how I bring out the best in you.”

“I can’t argue about that.”

 

We both looked at each other and smiled.

 

It was strange how things worked. If I had been the girl that I was before during high school, I would have never dreamed about this. The day that the project was assigned changed my life, and his, all for the better. We were each able to find a person that could understand ourselves, a person that we could connect with, share stories and life with; a person to love. All the troubles that came were worth it, and now we were here today, happy and content as ever. We’re still young, and life still has plenty curve balls to throw at us, I’m sure. Whatever it may be, I know that Jin Ki and I can take it on together.

 

“Yeobo.”

“Hmm?”

“Do you remember that day when you met me in the library? The day we decided to start dating for the project?”

“Of course I do, but what about it? That was awhile ago.”

“Do you remember what you asked me that day, before we went to class?”

“I asked you about why you were ignoring me.”

“Do you remember anything else?

 

He scrunched his eyebrows and pondered for awhile before shaking his head.

 

“No…”

“Gee, and I thought I was the one with bad memory,” I said jokingly as I closed my novel.

 

He put down his tablet and pulled me into his lap, looking at me questioningly.

 

“So, what rocket science thing did I ask? It must have been important for you to remember it.”

“You asked ‘It’s not like you’re going to fall in love with me, right?’”

“Oh, that line. I was a bit cocky then, I suppose.”

“You still are yeobo,” I said with a smirk.

“All right, so I was, am, and will continue to be cocky. Now, what did you want to say about that line?”

 

I smiled and leaned in to kiss him before replying.

 

“I’m glad I fell in love with you.”

 

He grinned in response and kissed my forehead.

 

“You know what?”

“What?”

“I’m glad you did too…and I love you all the more for that.”

 

I smiled and leaned back into his embrace.

 

“I love you too.

 


 

Well, that's the end, I think. I read over the story a couple of times noticed that there were a couple things that I could write about. Of course, I'll write them if you all want me to. So leave a comment down below if you want to request a scenerio.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing this version of Onew/Lee Jin Ki. I really tried to develop his character, in addition to that of Yun Hee's through out this story, and  although there are somethings I could have done better, I think it turned out all right. Have a ruined anyone's bias list? Have I increased your love for our Dubu Leader? Either way, I hope you will continue to support Onew in his endeavors, and future activities as an entertainer ^^

Now, time to get down to business: Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and from head to toe. Thank you for staying with me this long (kudos to those who have been there since the very first chapter). Thank you for dealing with my irregular updates; thank you for dealing with my mood swings; thank you for dealing with me using patience. Everyone one of my readers have motivated me to finish this story, and I am so humbled to know that others enjoy what I write. I really do appreciate you all, and I can't tell you all that enough. Thank you.

Thank you to the following Subscribers on Completion as of 2/16/13 :

eclipse, jessilove, shunkansentimental, klapaucius17joy, hateufina, frvr_a_shawol, lyrslars, zelofish, rizukawaii, heenew2094, mvpsiska223, jessiiew, Lyra501, kamilia24, XxSHINee-RoxyxX, khaiz04, kay4355, AquaBubbleS, tokki_cheeks, hickirik, claireify, fantasydesire, OhNoltsCheli, fishifishy, KimLily236, MadPOTatoe_, superbabo3, supernyler, chulie08, rachanasapre, kickdrum5, LeeMerelle, taeminniefan, OliveLover927, emilymar, XinQi_Shawol, ankeaenkeli, msthanatos, dubulove3, berrysnowywinter, AsianBunny, marmvp, SHINeeLOVE98, Jsmile96, RawrousM, Tinkerbell, --Minheol, KimMarYah, Nivyhrh, keyshineeluver, Mirux27, XxHarabagixX, ljolson, MissyChrissy12321, omomoitsmegan1, changmer_24, PurizunaYuuki, -iMusician, Gtvy67, nancynuggets, sarah-minjira, MoniiVann, ChibiNeko-chan, angeliaa, min2key, unrequitedlove-x, super_tink93, amyluong, jaedrug, mehlahnee, Maryrice, babybluebonny, SHINeeSHAWOL501, chocoenvelope, sparkyprincess1308, sojuberry, SHINeeOJKMT, IffatSK, jellojujubejilly, Bananaa, ChistaLee, deczaretta, cassiopeiaeuna, Dubulicious_Desires, AngelLily204, sangtaelove, _OnDubu, curryza, yowmemeng, Aquilah, steffi, HerbstliedAutumn, Jimmae, asian_poprocks, Jibriell, 121489, bbribbom-bberibbom, sachia, SHINeeGoshh, klollipoper, redlightning, D3stinyx, Allista, Kindeldunya, 2008catgirl, Ryukey, cupcakesncassiemina, Lee_TaeMy, lspeakwithmymind, Bridgette92, Nanapooh21, SHAWOLFORLIFE, Angel4598, sprinklesofglitterx, --muzikbyul, skyliners, jjongisluv, doodlemushroom, cutiedubu11294, lpocky17, secretkpopgirl, chriistel18, b2utyally, Infinitewoohyunlover, cjjaelin, tofulurvers, SuperSapphire, shiningshawol-, supermariel, gikwang4ever, hongstarlove, readyornot, mimi10, onsangtae, TofuCharismaShawol, nawachan, racheltree, Onigiri, JjokJjokJjok_, MostValuablePeasant, ExoTicShaWolPANDA, xueqi_key23, angel-skies1115, bobisbusy, taemily, luckystarzx, Bluecassy7, Iheartlife, Shineeluver16, VintageGinger, pinkittenluvsxkpop, Zimraphel, dinobunny, TokkiLoveOnew, igottthatdubulove, ukissSH_, Chullove, julunzy, proudtobeshawol, xMichieChan, RosyFanfiction_, jay_rose, JoeJoeJonninni, grassina3, creatingfaith, Lil_Doufle, danceprincessla, zaeunahqi, OnewxChicken4ever, dnager093, magicalehlay, Gackt43191, musicsshi2619, lilosuitehart, Seo_AegyoPrincess, stressogal96, neither, BBVIP2BlackJack, Magic1607, sharehappyness, xeroxiff, MissLOLA1412, fayeappler, hanmie7227, mrsonewlee, pResTige, English101, Ayka_10, shiningisland, ham547, extraordinarygill, hiky4224, MaxSeoul, kyoumi, kisune-deveil, GummyBears_Yum, mikiclara, LeeWanJeo, Purple7sky, shawol4lifeminnie, ReiReiLove, Misz_D, Nikee_Vuee, soshifan96, mizice90, MechanicalAngel, Tintedsmiles, bloopshining, ohzuii56, akiira, Lorena, Liv2Dance, KeyLocket, dearorchid, Soojin, javasunshine19, gajabin98, OohShinyDistracted, aanngg, amyra961, JINGAHEUN, whitelove, WhatName606, i1lollipop, SBKim_Kouki, starlove, SHINeepoofs, shineefan829, maple2121, geekbrain5103, q-tpie, damsel6533, Ricexpuff, crazy4you, saranghandago, Vengeance, xnightstar, -Onyuu, byul09, Charismace, mangofloat, CheekyMonkey, koolchica55, theclumsywitch, Labreez, forgetfulxangel, DubusFiction, TaeminOppa16, ForeverInLove, heechulxjungmin, ayame4203, Maiko_chan, and hoshichii.

Thank you to the following commenters on Completion as of 2/16/12 :

heechulxjungmin, ForeverInLove, SodamnxxLillian/EJLILART, damnthatdubu, Sparklicious22, Sahera, theclumsywitch, Maiko_chan, forgetfulxangel, zoeystar, iLoveMyungSoo, ayame4203, ThornWords, -truffles, hoshichii, bananaO13, Charismace, pinkittenluvsxkpop, sicasicalove, zoeystar, mangofloat, CheekyMonkey, koolchica55, leeminhyun13, Vengeance, q-tpie, Ricexpuff, rialoves, SHINeepoofs, starlove, shineefan829, YoungMi, crazy4you, MonsterMonsteur, TaeminOppa16, amyra961, fila_violetlove, u-knowkey, damsel6533, yourreflection, saranghandago, javasunshine19, OohShinyDistracted, dearorchid, flowergirls, akiira, Liv2Dance, Lorena, Shizine19, letsfly01, ohhzuii56, Purple7sky, ReiReiLove, extraordinarygill, -truffles, DubusFiction, MechanicalAngel, English101, fayeappler, _tHeeViloNe_, sharehappyness, sakura_ryuu, MissLOLA1412, shawol4lifeminnie, kitsune-devil, xeroxiff, OnewxChicken4ever, GummyBears_Yum, mikiclara, mia1296, pResTige, whitelove, Seo_AegyoPrincess, jay_rose, mrsonewlee, --muzikbyul, Gtvy67, RosyFanfiction, xMichieChan, bloopshining, Aika0030, Zimraphel, ke_xin, dinobunny, Iheartlife, onsangtae, kelsey, julunzy, tofulurvers, TofuCharismaShawol, Ipocky17, Infinitewoohyunlover, cloudubu6002, Onigiri, -iMusician, ukissmekevin16, jjongisluv, asian_poprocks, cupcakesncassiemina, ViviChenny, Bananaa, GigglesnBits, yowmemeng, klollipoper, viechu, HerbstliedAutumn, sachia, blackespirit,  xueqi_key23, super_tink93, sojuberry, amyluong, -Onyuu, Tinkerbell, SHINeeLOVE98, Jsmile96, ljolson, mprincess, squishy-lamp, mvpsiska223, MadPOTatoe, khaiz04, rachanasapre, fishifishy, chocoenvelope, poweroftwo, OliveLover927, and JINGAHEUN.

I'm sorry if I missed you, or if I spelled your username wrong. I also realized when acknowledging the comments that some of you may have changed your names since the beginning. So for some of you, I probably named you twice, since the names in the chapters, and the names in the comments are different now. If it bothers you, don't hesitate to tell me, and I'll change it. Same goes if I misspelled your username, or if I missed you.

This journey has been a long one, and it's made me a better writer as a whole. It's been so long since I started this story, and now that I'm finally able to finish it, I feel accomplished, successful, and happy. This isn't my last work for sure. I have lots of plot bunnies up there, but we'll see what I churn out in the future. For now, I don't think I'll be embarking on another chapter story, since I have sports and club activities coming up before the end of the year'; however, I will be posting various oneshots that I have time to write here and there, so look out for those.

Once again, thank you. I can't say enough. Hopefully this story put a smile on your face when you were down, or helped you relax at the end of the day. Maybe you'll read it again? ^^ Well, I suppose I'm done here. Thank you for coming along for the ride!

<3 WinterRose