~Kill me Now

Psychology Boyfriend

So happy to see over 20 people have checked out this story, even though the first chapter hasn't been posted up yet!

And 3 subscribers as well!

Thank you so much!

It is truly because of you people that I love to write.

Anyway, let's post up the first chapter, deh?

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Queenka:  Popular girl in school

Kingka:  Popular boy in school

 


 

I walked into the class with a bit of excitement.  We had just finished our most interesting unit in psychology (how love and relationships affect the brain), and I was looking forward to what we would be learning next, since our final unit exam was last Friday before the weekend.  Taking a seat at my desk, I looked out the window where my desk was situated.  I loved this seat, since I could see what was happening below from the second floor when I was bored of the lectures that were going on in class.  No, I didn’t do it often, but when the teacher discussed things I had already learned about, or read ahead on, I simply droned her voice out, and looked out the window.

Anyway, since I came to class early, I occupied myself with watching the students walk into the classroom.  It wasn’t like I was a stalker or anything; it was just interesting to watch people.  It’s something to do, right?  Most of the people didn’t really catch my attention, but there were a couple, one of them being Kim Hee Mi.  If I had to choose one word to describe her, I’d use queenka, the most popular and beautiful girl in the entire school, at least according to everyone else.  I had to admit, she was pretty, but her brains definitely didn’t make up for it.  I’d say 50% of the things that came out of were rubbish, but oh well.  I guess looks beat brains in this world.  She usually glided in with her troupe of followers, you know, the ones that are pretty, but wish they were pretty as Hee Mi.  I suppose you could call them her wanna-bes, since they really served no purpose, than to make her feel better about herself, and copied every other thing she did. 

Another person that caught my eye was Lee Jin Ki.  He was definitely the kingka of the school, and in my standards, he was absolutely the most handsome.  Of course, he would never pay attention to someone like me, so in return, I didn’t pay much attention to him.  I glanced away after he walked through the door.  I definitely didn’t want to fall for him, since he is known for breaking the hearts of all the girls who have mustered up the courage to ask him out. It was to the point where some people even thought that he had an interest in guys, rather than girls.  It wasn’t unreasonable, since he was never seen dating a girl.  Either way, he was out of my league, so there was no point in trying.

As soon as Jin Ki walked through the door, Hee Mi jumped up from her seat and threw herself all over him.  I grimaced.  It was a hard thing to watch, but I started smirking when Jin Ki simply looked at her in disgust and pushed her away.  Jin Ki was cold hearted as ever, and, it was, I must say, very satisfying to see Hee Mi upset and pouting.  It just goes to show that not even the most beautiful of girls like Hee Mi can catch the attention of all guys.  A couple of minutes after Jin Ki sat down, the teacher walked in and the warning bell rang.  A couple of students ran in before the final bell, and the teacher shut the door once the final bell rang.  Any remaining students would be forced to stay outside of class until the teacher felt need to let them in.

 

“Good morning class.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  As you know, we’ve just finished our unit last Friday when you all took the exam, and to wrap this unit up, I’m going to assign a project.”

 

The class groaned at the prospect of working on something that would count for a large percentage of our grade.  I admit, I wasn’t too thrilled either, but hey, maybe it would be fun?  Okay, who am I kidding; it’s going to be torture.

 

“Since we have been focusing on the affects of love and relationships on the brain, I thought this would be the perfect way to experiment with that.  You will each be put into boy-girl pairs.  For your project, you’ll be pretending to be couples over the course of three months.  The final product that you’ll be turning in for your grade is a journal, which will contain your thoughts, feelings, and experiences during the course of this project.”

 

Hee Mi raised her arm and Ms. Yang called on her.

 

"Yes, Hee Mi?" 

“Ms. Yang, will we get to choose our partners?  Because if we do, I want to be with Jin Ki!”

 

Figures.  Of course she would say that.  I looked behind me and spotted Jin Ki near the back.  At least his face held a face of disdain at that idea...well that was what it looked like.  Turning back toward the front, I waited for Ms. Yang’s answer.

 

“I’m sorry Hee Mi, but no.  I will be randomly choosing your partners for you.  Luckily, there is an even amount of boys and girls in this class, so no one will be left out.  So, with that said, let’s start choosing pairs.  I’d like for every girl to write their name on these slips of paper that I’m handing out.”

 

Ms. Yang handed out strips of paper to each girl in the class, before returning to the front of the room and picking up a hat from her desk.

 

“Now, I’ll collect these slips of papers, and I’ll have the boys come up one by one and choose a slip.  While the boys are choosing their slips of papers, I’d like all of you girls to choose a table for yourselves.  Your partner will sit next to you once he has picked his slip of paper.”

 

I had already dropped my paper into the hat, so I sat at my desk patiently.  I didn’t have a desk buddy, so there was no reason for me to move.  All I had to do was to wait dreadfully for my random partner to sit down, and our project would officially begin.  I began to lose interest as half of the guys had took their seats, none of which, had been at my table.  I faintly heard Hee Mi yell to Jin Ki, saying something like, “Pick me Jin Ki!”  But I ignored that too.  Instead, I looked out the window, and watched the physical education class play soccer on the field.  After a little while, a shadow fell across my desk, and I looked up to see someone standing by me.

That someone was Jin Ki, and I looked at him curiously.  What was he doing at my desk?  Wordlessly, he handed me a slip of paper and sat down quietly in the empty seat by me.  I slowly opened the slip of paper, and found my name ‘Kang Yun Hee’ written neatly across in my own handwriting.  Suddenly, I felt the stares of everyone in the class (excluding mine and Jin Ki’s) on me.  Looking up, I saw the stares of the guys, as if pitying me, saying I would never have a chance with Jin Ki, even in a fake relationship.  The glares of all the girls in the class on the other hand, were filled with hate, and jealousy, but the one that held the most hostility was Hee Mi.  I sighed and slipped the paper into my skirt pocket.  Kill me now.

 


 

Yup, so that was the first chapter.  I hope it's as interesting as you hoped it would be after reading the foreword!

As always, Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose