~Threats and Burdens

Psychology Boyfriend

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the 2 week long wait :/

I was very busy getting ready for school, and this first week has already been busy!

I guess that's what you get for taking 4 APs, and one honors during junior year >.<

And today was especially strange, since we had a black out where I was, so school was canceled.  Thus, I am updating early, sort of.

If you want to know what happend, read my blog ^^

Anyway, let's get this chapter started!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

“Good night. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

His arms tightened around my waist slightly before letting go.

And I watched him open the door and walk out, closing it behind him as I tried to calm down my heart.

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Umma (informal): Mom

Appa (informal): Dad

Oppa: Name used by a female to refer to her older brother, guy friend, or boyfriend

Aniyo (formal): No

Neh (informal): Yes

Deh (formal): Yes

Gwen cha na (informal): Don't wory.  Means 'Are you okay?' when asked in a question

Chincha (informal): Really

Arasso: All right or okay

 


 

After Jin Ki left, I suddenly felt very tired, so I went into the bathroom to do my night routine before going back to bed. 

 

Slipping under the covers, I was careful to stay off of my left side, since that was where most of my injuries were.  Closing my eyes, the images of what happened today after school ran through my mind, sending shivers down my spine.  Then, I thought of Jin Ki, and what he did for me today.  That immediately chased away my fears and filled me with warmth.  Settling down, I prepared myself for sleeping, hoping it would be free of nightmares tonight.

 

I woke up early the next morning, but didn’t find myself tired.  It was probably because I was knocked out the most of last night, so I had gotten enough shut eye.  Getting out of bed, I grabbed my toiletries and a change of clothes and went to the bathroom. 

 

Taking a shower was a bit painful.  When I stepped out, I finally examined my injuries and found they didn’t look or feel too nice.  Putting on a fresh layer of bandages, I quickly got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast.

 

Umma and Appa were slightly worried about me going to school today, but I reassured them that I was fine, and that I wouldn’t go about school alone anymore. They even told me I could stay at home today, just to recuperate, but I told them that I had no intention of doing so.  In the end, they caved in, continuously cautioning me as I walked out the door.  Waving bye, I shut the door and turned around to walk off the porch and down the driveway.

 

It felt strange not having my bag going to school, but that was a given.  It was left in my p.e. locker after all.  I was about to walk toward the bus stop when I heard a couple of car honks.  Turning around, I noticed that I car was parked on the street and Jin Ki was getting out of the drivers side.

Smiling, I walked over.

 

“What are you doing here?”

“Taking to you to school of course.”

“What’s the occasion?”

“No occasion really, just the fact I’m never letting you out of my sight again unless I know you’re safe.  I don’t want to risk anything.”

“That’s very sweet of you, but it’s not necessary.  I can take care of myself just fine.”

“Try proving that to me after what happened yesterday.”

 

He looked at me apprehensively and I sighed.  He did have a point there, so I decided not to argue with him and quietly got into his car.  Buckling the seatbelt, I sat back and crossed my arms, frowning.  Jin Ki reached over and smoothed out my forehead.

 

“Don’t frown like that, or else you’ll get premature wrinkles.”

 

I had to crack a smile.

 

“You would be the one to say that.”

 

He grinned back at me before starting up the engine and driving off toward school

 

“It’s only because I care.”

 

After about 10 minutes or so, Jin Ki pulled into the school parking lot.  Getting out of the car, Jin Ki walked over and grasped my hand, leading me into the school.

 

“Where are we going oppa?”

“The girls p.e. locker room of course.”

 

Nodding, we both headed to the locker room.  Jin Ki waited outside as I walked in to retrieve my bag.  When I came out, he grabbed my hand again, and led me to my locker.  Here, he waited as I took out my Calculus book, but when I opened my locker, a slip of paper fell out.  Picking it up, I read it.

 

If you’re reading this, then I assume you got out of the shed.

Good for you, but don’t too excited.

Watch your back, because things will get even worse from now on.

 

Gulping, I stuffed the note into my pocket, slamming my locker door closed, even if a little loud.  Looking back I Jin Ki, I saw that he noticed something was wrong.

 

“What’s the matter?”

“Aniyo, it’s nothing.  I just feel kind of tired, that’s all.”

“Do you want to go back home?”

“Aniyo, I’m already here, so I might as well go too class.”

He looked at me worriedly, but decided against pushing the matter any further.  The bell rang for school to begin, so he walked me to Calculus.  After seeing me in, he walked away.  Taking a seat, I took out the note and read it again.  Who ever did that to me yesterday wasn’t finished.  They wanted to hurt me even more, but why?

 

I didn’t want to tell Jin Ki, because that would only make him more worried, and I didn’t need that from him.  It would only make me a burden.  Sighing, I slipped the note back into my pocket and settled down for a lesson in Calculus.

 

Lunch finally came around and I obtained my lunch before going over to where my friends were at, and sat down.  I greeted them before digging into my lunch silently, not really noticing anything.  I didn’t even notice Jin Ki sitting next to me until he spoke.

 

“Yun Hee, are you okay?”

“Neh? Ah, deh.  Gwen cha na.”

 

I went back to eating my sandwich.

 

“Yun Hee, what’s wrong?” asked Ji Eun.

“Nothing is wrong.  I’m just tired, that’s all.”

“Are you sure that’s all?  It seems like there’s something more,” added Ha Ni.

 

I kept from sighing.  I really didn’t want to tell them what happened yesterday.

 

“Chincha, I’m just tired.”

“You aren’t going to tell them?”

 

I looked Jin Ki, trying to give him a hint.  I didn’t want to tell them.

 

Hye Mi looked at me and asked, “Tell us what?”

“Nothing.  I don’t know you’re talking about Jin Ki,” I said irritably.

“I know you don’t want to talk about it, but you should tell them.”

“Jin Ki, please.  I really don’t know what yo—”

“Yun Hee!”

 

I looked at him shocked as he raised his voice.  He looked at me sternly before softening his gaze, reaching over and grasping my hand.

 

“They’re your friends, so they deserve to know.  They’ll only be more worried if you hide it from them.”

 

I sighed and looked over at the three of them.  Jin Ki was right.  They were worried by the looks on their faces.  I don’t know how I looked right now, but it must have been bad for them to be that way.

 

Ha Ni spoke up.

“Yun Hee, I know it might be hard to tell us, but will you do it anyway?  That way, we could help you.  If you don’t tell us, how can we do that?”

“It’s just, I don’t to burden you guys.”

 

Hye Mi snorted and looked at me.

 

“Just cut the crap and tell us.  If you don’t, we’ll all ask Jin Ki to tell us.”

“Arasso…I’ll tell you.”

 

Taking a deep breath, I launched into an explanation of yesterday’s events, and how I was kidnapped and locked into the school’s old sports equipment shed.  I could see the changes in the expressions of my friends as I retold the story.  After I was finished, I grew quiet, and Jin Ki simply wrapped his arms around me and tried to comfort me.  After a little while, Ji Eun was the first one to speak.

 

“My gosh Yun Hee.  It was no wonder that you didn’t want to tell us.  It must have been horrible.”

“It was, but Jin Ki was there to help me, so I’m fine for now.”

 

I looked up at him and smiled gratefully.

 

Hye Mi pondered before speaking.

 

“Now all we have to do is find the criminal.  Do you know anyone who doesn’t like you, or might be jealous of you?”

 

I searched my mind for a person to come up, but didn’t really find anyone in particular that fit the description…until I came to Hee Mi.

 

“Um, the only person I can think of is…”

 

I lowered my voice and spoke.

 

“Hee Mi.”

 

Hye Mi, Ha Ni, Ji Eun, and Jin Ki all widened their eyes and rolled the thought around in their head. Even I thought about it again.

 

Hee Mi was the one who hurt me after she found out that I was partnered up with Jin Ki, and she didn’t try to hide her jealousy from me after that.  It was only common sense that I thought of her, but I didn’t think she would have the guts or strength to do that to me alone.  She must have had some accomplices, people she trusted to do her dirty work.

 

Even then, that wasn’t enough proof to show that she was the one behind this.  It was just a hunch.  For all I knew, it could be someone I didn’t even know about.

“Aniyo, it can’t be her, right?  There’s no concrete proof to show that it was her.”

 

Ji Eun shook her head before responding.

 

“True, but we can’t just push her aside.  She is a prime suspect for this, so we’ll keep her in check.”

 

Hye Mi looked at me.

 

“Do you know anyone else who could have done this?”

 

I shook my head.

 

“I don’t really converse with anyone else other than this group and Jin Ki’s friends, and I know the all of you wouldn’t do that to me.”

 

Ha Ni nodded.

 

“Well for now, just watch your back and always stay with another person.  She can’t do anything if there’s someone else to witness it.”

 

“Arasso.”

 

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.  Getting up, the three hugged me and reminded me to be more careful before walking off to their respective classes.  I breathed a sigh of relief, glad to know that I had shed off most of the burden.  It felt better to have someone know about it, and the fact they were helping me didn’t hurt either.

 

“Aren’t you glad I made you tell them?”

 

I rolled my eyes, but I had to agree with Jin Ki.

 

“Actually, yes.  It feels a lot better to have people on my side.”

“Of course it is.  That’s what friends are for, right?’

“Deh.”

 

As we walked to biology, I was reminded of the note in my pocket, and I wondered if I should tell Jin Ki about it.  This person was clearly had a motive to get rid of me, but the question was why?  Why did he/she want to hurt me so much?  What did I ever do to him/her to deserve this?  I racked my brains to see if I could remember doing any bad deeds to anyone, but nothing came up in my head.  I would have to see if the answer would pop up somewhere, but for now, all I could do was wait, but I hated waiting.  For things like this, you never know what will happen, and things could turn for the worse in a matter of seconds.  Hopefully, I would have luck on my side.

 

Dear Journal,                                                                                                                                                                        10/25/11

             I have good news, and bad news to tell.  Which one should I start with first?  Let’s start with the bad news, and hope that the good news will make up for it.

            Now, for the bad news…I was kidnapped and locked in the old school sports equipment shed.  I don’t know who did it, but I have a hunch.  It was really my darkest hour, and I had no idea what to do.  I tried everything to escape, but it was useless.  I was so terrified that I would be stuck in the shed for the whole night, and no one would find me until the coming morning.

            Then, Jin Ki came and found me.  That’s the good news.  I didn’t know how long I was trapped in there, but it was for at least a couple of hours.  Jin Ki, who I only knew for two weeks, had stayed in front of the school waiting for me.  Then, when I didn’t come out, he went looking for me!  Every time I think about it, I get all happy inside.  Although I had to go through that ordeal, from it, I learned how it felt like to be cared for.  I learned that this is how it feels to have someone to trust and depend on. 

             I admit, I didn’t really want to do this project in the beginning.  I thought, ‘how can anyone go through this project without being uncomfortable or getting hurt in the end?’ It was ridiculous. What’s more, I was mad at being partnered up with the most popular guy in the school.  For days, I had people whispering behind my back, stares as I walked down the hallways, and the scariest of all, the glares of the girls who wished they were in my shoes.  Still, I have come to learn that this project has enabled me to learn so many things about relationships, and it has made me a better person, at least in the field of dating and relationships.  I’m definitely more experienced now that I was before, and hopefully, I’ll be able to learn more from now till the end of the project.

            I think that’s the end for this entry? Until later,

 

                                                                                                                                               Kang Yun Hee

 


 

End of chapter 19!

Hope you all liked it after the long wait :p

No promises, but I'll try to update again next week, but we'll see where it goes with the hw pile.

Bye for now!

Comment and Subscribe

<3 WinterRose

 


 

akiira: Thank you for loving my fanfic ^^ Makes me feel special.

SHINeepoofs: Yup, being sick is no fun :/ I used to get sick really easily, but my immune system these past years have been really good.  It's been a long time since I've been sick, but the good thing was that I got better quickly ^^ Hopefully this year, you won't get sick and have fun on the holidays!

bananaO13: I like her in this chapter too.  She doesn't let anything get to her, and is a strong girl  Someone I'd like to be like. And Jin Ki s a very good boyfriend <3

Purple7sky: Jin Ki is uber duber sweet! ^^

amyra961: Jin Ki is definitely sweet, and Yun Hee is very cool ^^

dearorchid: Hehe, biffle ^^ and don't we all wish Jin Ki was our boyfriend ? ;/

forgetfulxangel: Thank you for waiting patiently.  It means a lot to me ^^ But I think I've lost one subscriber...wah! Oh well, there will be others, right?

OohShinyDistracted: Lol, Yun Hee wasn't being mean.  She was just upset that Jin Ki laughed at her for working hard.  I really liked writing the teasing part too :D

zoeystar: Jin Ki is the perfert boyfriend, because we all make him out to be due to his friendly and sweet nature ^^ I wonder what it would really feel like to date him?

damsel6533: I loved the hug part too ^^ I want a boyfriend who would do that :/ Sadly, my love life is nothing.

Vengeance: Sweet like cotten candy? xD And yes, Yun Hee is very smart, using her skills and brain.

ForeverInLove: Haha, that sounds cool.  I think it would be useful to have a 6th sense, but sadly, I dont..oh wells.  Life will give you what it does.

javasunshine19: Jin Ki does have a variety of emotions and personalities.  I hope I've been able to portray them well enough!

crazy4you: Yeah, I'm in the same situation dear.  Boys at my school are sooo not boyfriend material.  Maybe you and I will have better luck in college?

Charismace: I've always loved Onew, so I'm glad I could share this with you ^^ Hope you'll continue to love him and this story!

flowergirls: Yeah, you don't find many stories with Onew as the sane guy, so I thought I would write about him that way.  Originally, I was going to make him more cold towards Yun Hee, but I failed xD I made him like her too soon...hopefully that's okay?

Lorena: Sorry if she came off as harsh >.< She was just upset that he was teasing her, so she acted that way, but she didn't really mean it...I promise!

Shizine19: Yup yup ^^ I hope you liked this update, though it's not as sweet as the first.  The story will get more interesting!

ohhzuii56: Speaking of lollipops, that reminds me of the Lollipop song SHINee and f(x) sang ^^

leeminhyun13: You're melting?! Oh dear, I don't think that's very good for humans to do :/ xD

TaeminOppa16: No need to worry ^^ As long as you read and comment eventually it's ay okay.  Thank you for the compliment as well! Boost of self esteem for me..hehe xD

damnthatdubu: Haha yeah.  Fanfics are always what we want them to be (at least the happy parts) But, it's good to dream, right?

hoshichii: Lover fights are the keys to a good relationship. It means a couple is willing to voice their problems and find solutions to them.  Honestly, I can't think of anyone with a lovey dovey relationship all the time.  I don't think it's possible. 

pinkittenluvsxkpop: Hehe, thankies for the compliment ^^ I'll try to update next week as well!

MonsterMonsteur: Cute, yes ^^ I like this chapter too!

extraordinarygill: Omg, *bows down to you* I feel honored to be the first SHINee fanfic you have chosen to read ^^ I'm glad you're getting interested in them.  It's always nice to meet another fan.  I used to be an avid SS501 fan as well, since that was the first band I've ever gotten into.  And no problem with being late.  As long as you're here, reading and commenting, then I'm super happy.  Hope you'll stay and enjoy the ride!