~Dinner Jitters

Psychology Boyfriend

I'm back you guys!

Aren't you glad it wasn't as long as last time? xD

It's an extra long chapter...so enjoy!

 


 

Previous Chapter:

 

“You know.”

“Know what oppa?”

“We just shared a bunch of indirect kisses.”

I slapped his arm playfully in response.

“Oppa, I thought you were past all this already.”

“I’m just stating the truth.”

“Whatever…”

“You haven’t given me a kiss since school ended.”

I looked over at him to see him pouting.  I smiled and shook my head before looking back ahead.

“Green light oppa.”

“Oh.”

When we pulled up at home, I unbuckled my seatbelt.

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?”

As he turned toward me, I leaned in to give him a quick kiss before pulling back, grinning.

“There, are you happy now?”

Smirking, he pulled me in for another one before answering.

“Now I am.”

 


 

Korean Vocabulary:

Chalmotgaessubnida: I'll eat well

Yakgwa: A traditional Korean cookie/pastery

Kkochi eomuk: Fried fish cake

Ddeokbokki: Spicy rice cake

Bunggeo bbang: Fish-shaped pastry with red bean filling

Chuta: Good

Masisseoyo: Delicious

Batta: That's right

 


 

We made our way into the house after carrying the groceries into the kitchen and moments after, Umma came through the door as well.

 

“Chuta, you both made it home in time.”

“Umma, you’re done with work now, keu cho?”

“Yes, so let’s get dinner on the table hmm? Did you get everything I asked for?”

 

Glancing at Jin Ki and then back at Umma, I nodded.

 

“Deh.  Jin Ki wanted ice cream, so we got that along with the other groceries.”

 

Umma smiled a knowing smile and nodded.

“Arasso.  Let’s start on the cream pasta and then the salad.”

 

And so the three of us began working on dinner.  About halfway through, Appa came home from work and smiled as he made his way into the kitchen.

 

“Mm, something smells good in here.  Oh, Jin Ki, you’re here too?”

 

Jin Ki turned around and greeted Appa, bowing.

 

“Deh, annyeohasaeyo Abeonim.”

“Appa, you’re home!”

 

I made my way over and pecked him on the cheek before going back to the pasta I was helping Umma cook.

 

“Yes, and I can’t wait for dinner.”

“Why don’t you change out of your suit yeobo.  We’re almost done here,” Umma said.

“Arasso Buin.”

 

When Appa had finished changing, we had dinner ready on the table and sat waiting for him as he came into the dining room.  Smiling, he sat down.

 

“Wow, it looks better on the table now that it’s done.”

“Why don’t you try it then, Appa.”

“Arasso.  You all eat well.”

“Chalmotgaessubnida!” Jin Ki and I chorused before digging in.  It wasn’t the first time that I had eaten Umma’s cream pasta; however, it was Jin Ki’s.  Looking at him anxiously, Umma waited for his reaction.

 

“Mm, neomu masisseoyo!”

 

Umma let out a sigh of relief and then began eating.

 

“I was beginning to get a little worried there,” Umma said jokingly.

“Aniyo Eomonim.  Anything you make is delicious.”

“Arasso.  Eat up then.”

“Neh!”

 

After we had been eating for awhile, Umma suddenly brought up something.

 

“Ah, batta! Yun Hee ya, you’re going to Jin Ki’s house for dinner this weekend, keu cho?”

“She was invited?” Appa asked in a surprised tone.

“Ah..deh.  Jin Ki’s eomoni invited me a little while back.”

“Keu dae? She must like you then.”

“That or she’s just trying to scrutinize me some more…”

 

Jin Ki shook his head and smiled reassuringly to me.

 

“She likes you, I promise.  It’s easy to tell with someone like you.”

“Chongmalyo?”

“Keu reom nyo!  Gwen cha na, I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Jin Ki’s right you know.  She was really happy when she was talking to you during the banquet.  Just remember to be polite and you’ll be fine,” Umma reminded me.

 

I nodded my head in return and let out a deep breath.

 

“Arasso Umma.  I’ll do my best.”

 

The rest of the week passed by quickly, and before I knew it, Saturday had arrived.  I slept early the night before, and woke up early, still managing to get 8 hours of sleep. I was nervous, despite the dinner being hours away.  What should I do? Should I bring something? Should it be homemade? What should I wear? Will I have anything suitable?  All this and it was only 9:00 in the morning!

Trying to push my anxiety down, I finally decided to go eat some breakfast, which ended up only being a goguma and a cup of milk.  Once I was done, I went back upstairs and tried to distract myself for a couple of hours.  Umma and Appa had left for work after 10, so that left me alone in the house.  Deciding to do some homework, I took out my books and successfully engrossed myself in school work until lunch.

After putting away the books, I heard my stomach growling and decided it was a good time as any for lunch.

Making my way downstairs, I suddenly heard the door bell ring.  Perturbed, I walked toward the door.  I wondered who would come at this time.  Taking a look into the peep hole, I smiled and opened the door to reveal a grinning Jin Ki.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?”

“Just here with some take-out…since I was craving for some and figured you might too?”

 

He held up a bag and the scent that came from it told it me was ddeokbokki and kkochi eomuk.

 

“Mm, you’re right.  I have been wanting some street food for awhile now.”

 

He smiled as he stepped into the house, with me closing the door after him.

 

“You know me.  I just know these things.”

 

Rolling my eyes, I took the bag from him and made my way to the dining table to take out the lunch we would be having.  Opening the bag, the scent of the food was even stronger and my mouth began to water.  Sitting down, I took out the take-out boxes and opened them, digging in with a plastic fork. Jin Ki sat down across from me, looking amused.

 

“You’re that hungry?”

“Yep, and you just saved the day by bringing me lunch. Gomawoyo oppa!”

“Aniyo. Enjoy jagiya.”

 

And Jin Ki dug in as well. Once we had demolished both the ddeokbokki and the kkochi eomuk, I cleaned everything up before coming back with glasses of water for the both of us.  Sitting down, I noticed there was another carry-out box on the table.

 

“Hmm? What is this oppa?”

“Open it.”

 

Setting down my glass, I opened the box to find bungeo bbang. Looking up at Jin Ki, I grinned.

 

“Oppa, I haven’t eaten these since I was in middle school.”

“Chongmal? I’ll have to get them for you more often.”

 

Taking out the fish-shaped pastry, I bit into the chewy bread and tasted the red bean paste in the center.

 

“Gomawo oppa.”

“Next time, I’ll make lunch for you.”

“You can make ddeokbokki?”

“I’ve had some practice.”

“I’ll be waiting for it.”

 

And we continued to eat the bungeo bbang silently.  Once we were done, we sipped at our water.

 

“Jagi.”

“Hmm?”

“Are you ready for dinner later?”

 

Hearing the word made me nervous all over again.  Seeing the look on my face made Jin Ki confused.

 

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, just a little nervous.”

 

He smiled and reached over to grasp my hand.

 

“Jagiya, it will be okay, trust me.”

“I do, just I can’t help it.”

“What are you worried about?”

“Making a fool of myself, whether or not I should bring something, and whether or that that thing should be homemade or store bought, and what I’m going to wear…”

“Woah, woah.  Calm down.  Let’s take this one at a time.  First of all, you won’t make a fool of yourself.  You already proved yourself in front of everyone at the banquet, remember?”

 

I nodded mutely.

 

“And about what you’re going to bring, we can just stop at the local bakery to get a small cake or something.”

“Arasso.”

“Finally, about what you’re going to wear, we can take care of that right now.”

“Right now?”

“Yes, right now.  Go get ready to leave.  We have a errand to do.”

 

Somehow, Jin Ki managed to drag me to the shopping mall despite my protests of just finding something in my closet.  It wasn’t just any old shopping mall either.  It was the high end of them, with designer brands, some I had never even heard before but knew they were expensive with just the sound of their name.  Jin Ki pulled me from store to store, browsing through the racks with me.  I was reluctant to do so, especially after seeing the price tag on a couple of items, all of which had too many digits for my taste. In each store, Jin Ki would send me to the dressing room to try on all his choices.  However, after I came out and modeled each one, Jin Ki either scrunched his face or shook his head.

After multiple stores and a lot of time spent trying on clothes, Jin Ki finally approved of the dress I was wearing.  He chose it of course, since I didn’t want to think about choosing an over expensive dress, or the prices that were coupled with them.  Once the dress was paid for, Jin Ki then led me around to find some shoes and accessories to go with the dress.

 

“Oppa, I can just wear something from home.”

“Nope, we have to complete the look.  Oh look, that looks pretty.  Try it on.”

 

Jin Ki handed me another sparkly necklace and I sighed before letting him put it on for me.  Turning toward the mirror, I looked at it and decided it didn’t look too bad.

“This looks good oppa.”

“Hmm, you’re right. Take it off and I’ll go pay for it.”

 

I obliged and just happened to see the price of the necklace.  45,000 won?! I could get tons of clothes at the normal stores with this amount!

 

“Uh, oppa, nevermind.  Maybe a different one?”

“Wae,  I think it looks fine.”

 

Taking it from my hands, he went to the counter and paid for it before I could do anything else. Sighing, I waited for him to return.

 

“Oppa, you should stop doing that.”

“Stop doing what?”

“Paying for overly expensive things I don’t really need.”

 

He smirked and simply wrapped his arms around my waist, leading me out of the shop.

 

“Yeah, well you’re just going to have to get used to it.  You are the girlfriend of the next Lee Dong heir, and I can’t have you walking around in anything less than perfection.”

 

I glared at him as we kept walking through the outlet.

 

“Are you implying my current wardrobe is inappropriate?”

“No, I’m just saying you deserve better, that’s all.”

 

Before I could say anything else, Jin Ki dragged me into a shoe store and promptly made me try on various pairs of shoes before settling on one pair.  I didn’t even see the point, since I would be taking off my shoes, wouldn’t I?

 

Driving home in my newly bought, overly expensive, totally unnecessary attire, I frowned at Jin Ki. It was a pale blue green, almost an ocean water color chiffon dress with white polka dots.  I had a pearl necklace with a flower and on my feet with killer heels (again) with some shiny embellishments.  My hair was gently waved, previously held in braids but I had unbraided it to run my fingers through the strands to finish the look.  Oh, and Jin Ki relented for once, letting me use my off white purse, which thankfully matched the outfit.

OP1434_1.jpg

 design-your-own-shoes-white-heels-image3

 

“I’m only going to be taking off my shoes, aren’t I? Why did you have to buy such an expensive pair?”

“Actually no, we wear shoes in the house.  I usually only take it off within the confines of my room.”

“Chincha?”

“Hmm.”

 

I shook my head and muttered something about overly rich people with luxurious habits.  Jin Ki simply grinned and kept on driving.  Looking at the time, I realized we had spent 4 hours at the mall, since it was currently 10 till 5:00 pm. I had never spent that long shopping before…

 

Arriving home, I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to Jin Ki.

 

“Stay here.  I just have to go inside to get something real quick.”

“Arasso.  I’ll be waiting.”

 

Opening the door, I walked toward the house and went inside, going to my room to grab a paper shopping bag.  This held my gifts to Abeonim and Eomonim, a sort of peace offering, in order to gain their favor.

Making my way outside, my phone suddenly rang.

 

“Yeobosaeyo? Umma?”

“Yun Hee ya, I forgot to tell you this morning, but I made some Yakgwa for you to bring for the dinner.  They’re in the fridge, and you just have to warm it up a little bit.  5 minutes in the oven should be all right. You haven’t left yet…have you?”

“No, you caught me just in time.  I was about to go through the door.”

“Phew, thank goodness. Well, they’re there, and good luck honey.  I know you’ll do fine.”

“Gomawayo Umma. You saved me.”

“Arasso.  I’ll go now.”

“Deh.”

 

After the phone call with Umma, I hurried into the kitchen to warm up the Yakgwa she had prepared.  After that, I gathered my things and made my way out to Jin Ki’s car. After putting the things into the trunk, I went inside the car and buckled up.

 

“What took you so long?”

“Umma made some Yakgwa to bring and I had to heat it up.  We won’t need to stop at the bakery.”

“Arasso.  You’re all ready right?”

“Yes, I mean, no…yes…maybe?”

 

Jin Ki chuckled and leaned over to peck me on the cheek before staring up the engine. Grasping my hand, he reassured me again.

 

“You’ll do fine, I know it.”

“Let’s hope all that confidence will be of some help…”

“It will, don’t worry.”

 


 

End! 

I had fun writing this chapter. Still, visiting the boyfriend's parents is nerve racking, isn't it?

The food I researched looked really good...I want some ;(

 

Yakgwa:

i060906_l.jpg

 

Ddeokbokki (you've all seen this I'm sure...)

tastesofhome_ddeokbokki.jpg

 

Kkochi Eomuk:

eomuk-300x222.jpg

 

Bunggeo bbang:

681x454+%25281%2529.jpg

 

Comment and Subscribe!

<3 WinterRose

 


 

mprincess: Here's the update...I hope you enjoyed it :)

--muzikbyul: Yeah...I can't avoid the fluff.  At least people like it right? ^^

amyra961: Yeah..haha. I'd like to do that sometime in the future, go shopping with my hubby <3

SHINeepoofs: Haha, I hope I'll be able to find a boyfriend like Jin Ki as well.

yowmemeng: Good that you like the fluff...will be lots of more cotten candy coming up!

ljolson: Wow, I am impressed, all in one day? I guess my story is good afterall! xD And yes, those cliche stories with accidents and amnesia...I wanted to do something different, that's all...haha. Thank you for liking the story so much, and I hope you will continue to as well!

Shizine19: Yes, I suppose Jin Ki and Yun Hee do act like one...I guess I unconsciously wanted them to be like that, so it came out in my writing?

jay_rose: They do act like newly weds...too bad the halmoni was slightly off xD